Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Daniel Sorenson rules especially when he head hunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorenson has multiple plays that you could point to and say if he didn't make that play the Chiefs don't go to the superbowl. He's been much better since the Chiefs drafted Thornhill and he doesn't have to get exposed going too deep in pass coverage.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Kpassagnon I kinda liked but boy did he not ever really produce. I hope he puts it together but...it's not something I'd expect to happen.

Sounds like Davenport so far then.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1376567247326617606?s=19

Void years for everyone!

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 29, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can I be the first to say KPass on that contract

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Can I be the first to say KPass on that contract

2 year 2 million guaranteed for a DE? Could be way worse than that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah that seems fine in the free agency world, he either gets a whole lot better which would be awesome or he continues to disappoint and you cut him for not much pain. And if you're the Saints this is downright responsible.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was talking about the report that the Chiefs were trying to retain him. Oh who am I kidding I just wanted to say KPass without pronouncing the K

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

And again, football contracts are so loving stupid.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The only thing I remember about Sorensen is him somehow trying to cover AB, not doing too bad, then AB one-handing a ball ricocheting off Sorensen's face mask for a go-ahead TD

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1376601371282132997?s=20

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1376595864504913924?s=20

Some dudes who are still unsigned:

Melvin Ingram
Alejandro Villanueva
Jadeveon Clowney
Eric Wilson
Austin Reiter
Russell Okung
Richard Sherman
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
K.J. Wright
Bashaud Breeland
James Conner
Rick Wagner
Malik Hooker
Antonio Brown

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

It appears the Steelers are also in serious talks with the Jets for Darnold. Seems Breer's tweet earlier today wasn't unfounded

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1376601371282132997?s=20

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1376595864504913924?s=20

Melvin Ingram
Alejandro Villanueva
Jadeveon Clowney
Eric Wilson
Austin Reiter
Russell Okung
Richard Sherman
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
K.J. Wright
Bashaud Breeland
James Conner
Rick Wagner
Malik Hooker
Antonio Brown

Still wouldn't mind Sherman on the Saints for a year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Shawn Williams signed with the Cardinals. I'd recommend cautious optimism, He's pretty good as a deep safety particularly when he's only asked to cover half the field. The Bengals tried to turn him into a box safety which he sucks at and he's one of the players that beef with the coaching staff. He has the potential to be a solid starter for y'all.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Did Justin Houston get signed yet?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

D-LINK posted:

It appears the Steelers are also in serious talks with the Jets for Darnold. Seems Breer's tweet earlier today wasn't unfounded

Conceptually really into the idea of Darnold, Rudolph, and Haskins all battling for second-team snaps as Ben blimps passes towards Claypool's ankles.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

fsif posted:

Conceptually really into the idea of Darnold, Rudolph, and Haskins all battling for second-team snaps as Ben blimps passes towards Claypool's ankles.

I hope I never have to see Rudolph start again, but my stupid team thinks he has something

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Big Ben has an arm made out of spoiled salami and he should retire to go live in an Icelandic cave or something.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Surprising Kerrigan hasn’t been signed. Seems like an ideal rotational piece on a short contract.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Big Ben has an arm made out of spoiled salami and he should retire to go live in an Icelandic cave or something.

Seeing as their offensive line is going to be noticeably worse and he has zero mobility I'm entirely okay with him playing again next year.

One day we're going to see the last Ben Roethlisberger sack and that will be a sad day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Eifert Posting posted:

Seeing as their offensive line is going to be noticeably worse and he has zero mobility I'm entirely okay with him playing again next year.

One day we're going to see the last Ben Roethlisberger sack and that will be a sad day.

Not if it involves him leaving the field in a stretcher.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Big Ben’s Big Skeleton is very brittle. Whomever sacks him the last time could go down in history as a legend and the slo-mo footage will be extremely frightening.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gonz posted:

Big Ben’s Big Skeleton is very brittle. Whomever sacks him the last time could go down in history as a legend and the slo-mo footage will be extremely frightening.

Please Myles slay the other steelers villain

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Please Myles slay the other steelers villain

Myles sacking Big Ben into atoms would force me to buy his jersey. And I couldn’t give less of a poo poo about the Browns, but that would definitely be jersey purchase worthy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember when Richard Seymour punched him in the face?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gonz posted:

Myles sacking Big Ben into atoms would force me to buy his jersey. And I couldn’t give less of a poo poo about the Browns, but that would definitely be jersey purchase worthy.

My toddler already has one :D

His name is Garrett though :v:

And my wife is a Steelers fan.

Turning Big Ben into dust would be a fitting ending to the strife in my household, although the playoff win certainly stomped the gas on that cause.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 30, 2021

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My toddler already has one :D

His name is Garrett though :v:

And my wife is a Steelers fan.

Turning Big Ben into dust would be a fitting ending to the strife in my household, although the playoff win certainly stomped the gas on that cause.

A dear friend of mine lives in Cleveland and is a mega Browns fan, and when they beat the Steelers earlier this year in the playoffs, he called me screaming and crying all at once and explaining how he couldn’t stop his hands from shaking, as if he injected multiple EpiPens directly into his brainstem. He explained later that day when he had calmed down that it meant that much more because they beat Pittsburgh.

As a Lions fan, I know I shall never experience such unbridled joy. It sounded like he had just won the Powerball lottery AND witnessed the Resurrection of Christ.

His dog was going bonkers in the background, too.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Ehud posted:

Melvin Ingram
Alejandro Villanueva
Jadeveon Clowney
Eric Wilson
Austin Reiter
Russell Okung
Richard Sherman
Aldon Smith
Ryan Kerrigan
K.J. Wright
Bashaud Breeland
James Conner
Rick Wagner
Malik Hooker
Antonio Brown

i wouldn't mind the chiefs bringing back reiter

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Clowney @ 8m per would be a welcome addition to our defensive line, but I suppose the lack of aggression by the FO might indicate a draft solution

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Clowney @ 8m per would be a welcome addition to our defensive line, but I suppose the lack of aggression by the FO might indicate a draft solution

FWIW Flores was at Miami’s pro day today.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Surprising Kerrigan hasn’t been signed. Seems like an ideal rotational piece on a short contract.

He should ring chase in Tampa. I wanted the Bucs to draft him but washington scooped him up and we got stuck with Adrian Clayborn.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

FWIW Flores was at Miami’s pro day today.

Something in the pick 18 area, you imagine?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Something in the pick 18 area, you imagine?

Seems like that might be on the table with two UM dudes maybe going in the first.

I still feel :chloe: about taking either one.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Feverishly Imagining the final sack of Brett farve but instead it’s Ben rowthlusberger and instead of getting sacked into frozen turf he gets hit by seven different people as he somehow oafishly stumbles into a first down on 3rd and 8 as I scream and pull all of my hair out in bloody chunks, then he immediately rides the cart to the locker room to get on his radio show where he says he’s torn every muscle in his body and that he’s not sure he’ll come back and maybe it just depends on if he’s wanted. Tsundere ben

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Feverishly Imagining the final sack of Brett farve but instead it’s Ben rowthlusberger and instead of getting sacked into frozen turf he gets hit by seven different people as he somehow oafishly stumbles into a first down on 3rd and 8 as I scream and pull all of my hair out in bloody chunks, then he immediately rides the cart to the locker room to get on his radio show where he says he’s torn every muscle in his body and that he’s not sure he’ll come back and maybe it just depends on if he’s wanted. Tsundere ben

He could get unceremoniously concussed on a sideline tackle and then become your television announcer for life no matter how hard the CTE is hitting him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

He could get unceremoniously concussed on a sideline tackle and then become your television announcer for life no matter how hard the CTE is hitting him.

Heir to Aikman and Bradshaw

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I thought tony romo was going to suck poo poo as an announcer. Frankly I’m still in disbelief that they almost talked Jay cutler into it. Who seems like a good fit to replace terrible rear end cris Collinsworth?

Would Ben roethlisberger actually be good at that? I never listen to him talk because I’m too busy cheering for him to suffer a fatal injury

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I thought tony romo was going to suck poo poo as an announcer. Frankly I’m still in disbelief that they almost talked Jay cutler into it. Who seems like a good fit to replace terrible rear end cris Collinsworth?

Would Ben roethlisberger actually be good at that? I never listen to him talk because I’m too busy cheering for him to suffer a fatal injury

I'm gonna guess no.

Greg Olsen is our next possibly good announcer. Or somehow Aqib Talib if he gets a bit more polish.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I'm gonna guess no.

Greg Olsen is our next possibly good announcer. Or somehow Aqib Talib if he gets a bit more polish.

Don’t forget Brees is going to NBC sports so he could step into the Collinsworth role of “guy everybody hates but who isn’t bad enough to get fired.”

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Aqib Talib is awesome as he is right now as an announcer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Russell Wilson will for sure be the next awful announcer when he retires.