Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

The Oldest Man posted:

Why micro manage when you can just preselect people who have an entire police department in their own heads

because there's nothing a manager in an office loves more than pointlessly micromanaging people, and amazon doesn't have robot run warehouses for twitter posters yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/amazonfcdarla/status/1376561387707719680?s=21

You’d think the biggest PR department in the world could put a little more effort into this

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pretty certain that one is a parody account because the recovery email is @gmail.com. (or so someone claims)

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Hey, don't be so hard on them. This technology is new.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ruffian Price posted:

mean it's still worth doing :unsmith:

oh is it a bit? I can't tell so I just react to tweets on an aesthetic level and leave it at that

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I bet every single one of those PR fuckups were done on purpose because the poor folks doing them care just barely enough to pass inspection by their higher-ups, and not a bit further.

And that is a noble attitude and one I can respect. They give you only a fraction of your value, so you only give them a fraction of your effort.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

'my lovely warehouse job is my entire identity, to the degree that i will include my employers name in my twitter handle' was the giveaway.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Laserface posted:

'my lovely warehouse job is my entire identity, to the degree that i will include my employers name in my twitter handle' was the giveaway.

Nah, Amazon paid a bunch of people to operate accounts in that format. This one is just a troll though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

wonder how many years itll take before they manage to get away with implanting cortex bombs in their employees to incentivize work

they won't need a bomb the Tesla brand brain controller will just turn off your bodily control if you disobey

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Laserface posted:

They pay them some extra pittance to do this. It's just not clear which ones are real.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I once worked a company where the CEO walked up to all the new hires and made them write glowing Glassdoor reviews lol

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There are multiple bars in my city that require servers to post on Facebook about how much they love their jobs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Centrist Committee posted:

I once worked a company where the CEO walked up to all the new hires and made them write glowing Glassdoor reviews lol

one weird trick to hire people, employees hate it!

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Inceltown posted:

Nah, Amazon paid a bunch of people to operate accounts in that format. This one is just a troll though.

I mean, when the support tickets for legitimate, out-of-control Amazon twitter account get closed as WONTFIX, the door's wide open for a spoof...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1376712943073656836

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Amazon obv has good PR, this is just dumb CEO meddling

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1376289333397831686

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Centrist Committee posted:

more like revolving door amirite

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
looks like amazon darla deleted her tweets

edit: lol account was suspeneded

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

smarxist posted:

have you ever saw a big tiddy anime drawing and thought "i'd like to own that big tiddy anime drawing", well,

right-click save-as

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

right-click save-as

Yeah but how ya gonna prove it?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1376968449889460227?s=20

https://twitter.com/jason_koebler/status/1376970341914828800?s=20

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

looks like someone has an A in Crimes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i thought nuts and bolts was as low as banjo could sink

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

poor man's promis lmao

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my crimes.txt ->file->save as

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

There is a new type of techbro. This one doesn't reinvent the bus, they've reinvented radio

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1376887078445744133

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Inceltown posted:

There is a new type of techbro. This one doesn't reinvent the bus, they've reinvented radio

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1376887078445744133

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzAdXyPYKQo

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Riot Bimbo posted:

Ruling class probably going "eww those loving gross proles have disgusting hygeine and habit" as they literally snort the ground up bones of amazon drivers while mainlining adrenochrome, even more certain that what they're doing is just and right.

I rly want them to stop existing now.

lol the gently caress are you talking about

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Love to develop a diesel engine and say we need to work on car companies impact on the environment

https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1377165281051598849?s=19

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

"faked a simulated child abduction"

so like

they pretended to pretend a child abduction was happening? like they faked a practice run!? what!?

quote:

In its sales pitches to the state, Banjo "solved" a simulated child abduction case in "27 seconds," according to documents obtained by Motherboard using a public records request and presentations Banjo made at the time. The Utah Attorney General's office was particularly impressed by this simulation, though it declined to tell Motherboard what it entailed. According to the new state audit, the technology used in this simulation was not verified by the state, and the auditor has doubts that it used any AI.

"The touted example of the system assisting in 'solving' a simulated child abduction was not validated by the AGO and was simply accepted based on Banjo’s representation," the auditor wrote. "In other words, it would appear that the result could have been that of a skilled operator as Live Time lacked the advertised AI technology."
lmfao

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Love to develop a diesel engine and say we need to work on car companies impact on the environment

we said we're working on it, what more do you want, not make nfts??

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1377165281051598849?s=19

Reminds me of that Keurig rear end in a top hat bemoaning the environmental impact of Keurig pods, from atop his pile of coffee stained money.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

FFT posted:

"faked a simulated child abduction"

so like

they pretended to pretend a child abduction was happening? like they faked a practice run!? what!?
lmfao

in the article it says the company said that they solved a kidnapping drill in 27 seconds except that was a lie and they never ran the drill thru their "ai"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Soo all it takes to make a fancy new AI company is to get some chumps to sign an NDA and be the best mechanical turk minimum wage can buy

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

Soo all it takes to make a fancy new AI company is to get some chumps to sign an NDA and be the best mechanical turk minimum wage can buy

correct, some MIT idiots did the exact same thing to DARPA in afganistan a few years back

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the guy that sold dowsing rods for 60k a pop to the us army in the late 2000s got put in prison, but should have been given a medal for his pioneering research into the field of getting stupid assholes to pay for dumb poo poo

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Malleum posted:

the guy that sold dowsing rods for 60k a pop to the us army in the late 2000s got put in prison, but should have been given a medal for his pioneering research into the field of getting stupid assholes to pay for dumb poo poo

The Iraq army was still using those things up until 2015, when I last paid attention

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh yeah the bomb dowsing rod was one heck of an invention

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

hell water utilities still use dowsing rods and claim they work too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah, a lot of "AI" is this. Americans don't like talking to "someone in India" in a chat box, but they don't mind talking to an "AI" (wow! the future!) that's actually someone in India (or Missouri) clicking predefined chat responses, and it's much cheaper than developing AI