Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah so "psycho" means "having an actual personality so you don't need to pretend your automobile is one"?

are you ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
normal human being: I like the color green. It's pretty

cspam poster: I actually feel bad for you

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

little munchkin posted:

I just like camouflage pattern soap, I didn't buy it because it's "for men" what do you mean what's wrong with me?? It was only 15 dollars for 5 bars.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

little munchkin posted:

I like red but if I could get a brown car cheaper, I'd choose the brown car because, get this: you don't actually look at your own car when driving.

e: Also let's not forget the fact that this was in response to a person claiming that people who don't care about the specific colour of their automobile are literally crazy.

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 18:36 on Mar 29, 2021

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

little munchkin posted:

acquiescing to the illusion of choice is counter-revolutionary comrade

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I like red but if I could get a brown car cheaper, I'd choose the brown car because, get this: you don't actually look at your own car when driving.

e: Also let's not forget the fact that this was in response to a person claiming that people who don't care about the specific colour of their automobile are literally crazy.

I have a picture of my car on my desk at work instead of my family

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

I have a picture of my car on my desk at work instead of my family

tattooing little stick figure drawings of your cars onto your spouse and kids

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Daughter
Car
Guns
Wife

In that order. Any questions?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

the sex ghost posted:

Daughter
Car
Guns
Wife

is that trump’s sex list?

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
I think that's the Apocalypse Now quote

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Daughter
Car
Guns
Wife

Things Americans like to gently caress and cum in?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

holy poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ArmZ posted:

most new cars only offer shades of red, blue, or white/gray/black

gimmie that mf blue baby

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ah so "psycho" means "having an actual personality so you don't need to pretend your automobile is one"?

have no preference on what the extremely expensive appliance of necessity I use every day looks like. are all your clothes white t shirts and raw 501s because you’re wearing them, not looking at them? psycho poo poo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

Daughter
Car
Guns
Wife

feel like it's disrespectful to omit your riding lawnmower from the list

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

State paid 46 million dollars for a robo adjudication system with a 93% error rate in penalizing people for fraud.

40,000 people affected, many forced into bankruptcy.

Holy poo poo.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/03/26/judge-unemployment-midas-false-fraud-fast-enterprises-csg/7014975002/

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

State paid 46 million dollars for a robo adjudication system with a 93% error rate in penalizing people for fraud.

Holy poo poo.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/03/26/judge-unemployment-midas-false-fraud-fast-enterprises-csg/7014975002/

Wait where do I know that company from

quote:

CENTENNIAL, Colo., Oct. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- PEOPLE magazine has named government software and consulting services provider Fast Enterprises, LLC (FAST) a company that has "gone above and beyond" in supporting employees and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.

FAST and other U.S. companies were recognized in PEOPLE's September 2020 issue for succeeding in business while also demonstrating outstanding respect, care, and concern for their employees, communities, and the environment during the pandemic.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/people-magazine-names-fast-enterprises-a-top-50-company-that-cares-301146425.html

lmao

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Holy poo poo.

It's never a good sign for the defendants if a judge is referencing the Nuremberg trials in their opinion.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The balls to name the system MiDAS after the king who destroyed himself by trying to get all the money

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Len posted:

The balls to name the system MiDAS after the king who destroyed himself by trying to get all the money

Lanyards and PMC types don't understand parables. They understand that story as "that guy who turns things to gold" not "a life-ending curse of greed."

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My personality is so large and imposing I need every pocket in this pair of camo jorts for it to fit

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

little munchkin posted:

on the topic of overthinking car colors, I feel unsettled about the current fashion of drab and matte colors on cars, or even more on trucks. They evoke this weirdly fascistic aesthetic of masculinity you find in things like toiletries where the men’s stuff is just Spartan and grey to avoid the risk a color might threaten my delicate hold on my heterosexuality.

I need my poo poo bland as possible because
colors are for queers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Proust Malone posted:

on the topic of overthinking car colors, I feel unsettled about the current fashion of drab and matte colors on cars, or even more on trucks. They evoke this weirdly fascistic aesthetic of masculinity you find in things like toiletries where the men’s stuff is just Spartan and grey to avoid the risk a color might threaten my delicate hold on my heterosexuality.

I need my poo poo bland as possible because
colors are for queers.

Yup that truck is "super white".

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1376530092495667203

Helicopters still doing more work than the entire left.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

Lanyards and PMC types don't understand parables. They understand that story as "that guy who turns things to gold" not "a life-ending curse of greed."

Don't ever read Hillary Clinton's book: "What Happened"

Here's an example of her comparing herself to the parable of the prodigal son:

quote:

Maybe it’s because I’m the oldest in our family and something of a Girl Scout, but I’ve always identified with the older brother in the parable. How grating it must have been to see his wayward sibling welcomed back as if nothing had happened. It must have felt as if all his years of hard work and dutiful care meant nothing at all.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lol the day they stop paying me to poo poo is the day I quit

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if my employer tried this i think i might legit do anonymous property damage to them, ideally whilst on the clock

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

V. Illych L. posted:

if my employer tried this i think i might legit do anonymous property damage to them, ideally whilst on the clock

to quote the philosophers of Dead Prez, "don't put me on dishes, I'm droppin them bitches, and takin all day long to mop the kitchen"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Replace it with one that looks the same at a glance but talks about wage theft and see how long it takes em' to notice.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Love to go on a break but not tell the computer that I'm on a break, then click on my break and have another break. Then go on my lunch

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

Love to go on a break but not tell the computer that I'm on a break, then click on my break and have another break. Then go on my lunch

Are you aware that you might be committing time clock fraud?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

spacetoaster posted:

Weird that Hillary would identify with unforgiving joylesness.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mr Nice you should start a A/T thread about making the car dealership sausage. The fleet thing caught my attention because I actually want the fleet model if I ever buy a new car again.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

to quote the philosophers of Dead Prez, "don't put me on dishes, I'm droppin them bitches, and takin all day long to mop the kitchen"

That song is awesome and the clip is too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjSq4HqP9Y

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Elman posted:

Are you aware that you might be committing time clock fraud?

this calls for TIME COP

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Don't ever read Hillary Clinton's book: "What Happened"

:abuela: "And you never so much as gave me a KID to have a party with my friends!"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

all your terrible design thread posting makes sense now

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

I bought a car in 2015 and it was my first time buying from a dealership. I went to one and test drove a car, and then got a printout with a quote on it. I told the sales guy "This is great, thank you, but I do need to shop around a bit more and compare a few prices". The dude reached out and snatched the printout from my hands, ripped it up, and told me "the deals off then, we can't give you that price". I was stunned honestly like actually stunned. I told him "fine, that's not going to stop me from shopping around" and left.

As I'm driving away from the dealership I get a phonecall, obviously from the dealership. I bounced it and checked the voice mail later and its like "hey man, this is the manager wow I heard you weren't happy about the price we offered you please give me a call back right away so we can talk" and gently caress that what the hell? It was like being in a sitcom about buying a car or something. I've never had an adult snatch an item out of my hands like that before it was like in Always Sunny when Mac grabs the contract from the lawyer and eats it.

The last time I bought a car I was at the desk of a dealer when I got a call from another guy I had spoken to, who offered me a price. I told the guy who’s desk I was at what the offer was and he stood up and started yelling at me lmao

I check reviews and do everything I can to get the best price for everything I buy. I don’t know why we’re expected not to do the same for cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Salt Fish posted:

Yup that truck is "super white".

No but the truck underneath it is