Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Holky poo poo beat remix Owl on my third try. Amazing, godly. Blood is red hot rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Holky poo poo beat remix Owl on my third try. Amazing, godly. Blood is red hot rn

The final boss kicks so much rear end. Have fun.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the first owl fight with him quoting a line of code at you every time you die is top tier souls boss dialogue

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the first owl fight with him quoting a line of code at you every time you die is top tier souls boss dialogue

the first time I fought him I was stuck for ages and prodromally started replacing/reciting the lines of Shinobi code with increasingly enraged, mangled Tales of Symphonia dwarven vows like "dwarven vow number 69: gently caress my stupid face with a tire iron" until my girlfriend forced me to take a break

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I loved it! Also when lord gen would comment on your res when you fight him. Love stuff like that

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

The final boss kicks so much rear end. Have fun.

Can't wait for it! Gonna get to it tomorrow I think. Assuming it's the lord gen rematch so should be good!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Can't wait for it! Gonna get to it tomorrow I think. Assuming it's the lord gen rematch so should be good!

:mrgw:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

i still havent done this fight, iirc the requirements for it is a stupid missable souls quest??

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol i was going to post this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i still havent done this fight, iirc the requirements for it is a stupid missable souls quest??
It's extremely convoluted to find but it's an all time great fight/area so please do it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

They're not crazy bad. After you beat up your da you just talk to Emma a bunch after overhearing Kuro saying "I'll do what must be done". The weirdness is that if you eavesdrop on Kuro before then he's in the library and it's easy to get the alert fore eavesdropping. But if you do that before battering owl you have to eavesdrop on him a second time.He stays beside his incesen burner there is one precise area you have to stand in and press against a wall.to eavesdrop on him. After that though it's fairly straightforward talking to Emma in a few locations. And she gives you Owl's bell and you get to go through the Hirata Estate from his memory which is cool

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

EmmyOk posted:

hell yeah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

"Grandson"

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A Sword Saint indeed. Godly

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

A Sword Saint indeed. Godly

You beat it?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

You beat it?

Yeah! Took me like 5 tries excluding my instant gives ups like 3 times to way of Tomoe gen when he hit me with the mortal blade and took a respawn off me lol. Almost beat him first time I got him to phase 3 but I just suck so much at lighting reversal. God and then the like 4 db marker for the execution. Amazing.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Congrats. Which ending did you get?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat congrats gamer

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

herculon posted:

Congrats. Which ending did you get?

My pal had given me hints to talk to DC and Emma a bunch so I can get any ending. I think without that though I would have def got just the regular one because my Kuro bugged out a bit and wouldn't give me the "do what must be done" eavesdrop.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah! Took me like 5 tries

haha what the gently caress

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Owl Father and That one just clicked with me a lot. Gyoubu took me like 12 tries lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Powerful gaming, congratulations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I still cannot believe we never fight Tomoe in a dlc but I guess she’s being saved for the sequel

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

With the thread hints that it wouldn’t be just Gen at the end I was absolutely expecting Tomoe to appear and want to use Kuro to resurrect Takeru or something

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

Take a 20 minute break and talk to your SO about how the fight is frustrating you and your SO will tell you how they are also experiencing frustrations at their place of employment (make sure not to look up any guides during this break period) and upon returning you should be notably more focused and you'll probably defeat the boss on the first try.

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats but also

HolePisser1982 posted:

haha what the gently caress

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the first time I fought him I was stuck for ages and prodromally started replacing/reciting the lines of Shinobi code with increasingly enraged, mangled Tales of Symphonia dwarven vows like "dwarven vow number 69: gently caress my stupid face with a tire iron" until my girlfriend forced me to take a break

I got so loving pissed at him taunting me with ninja code bullshit the first time I played the game I turned off sound and subs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats about how many it took me the first time but i'd just beaten owl and was jn the drift from pacific rim with the game, second time took me way more

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got to the Ashina blade elite just before lord gen before I finally died, felt amazing. Didn't realise this guy had a perilous sweep and chip on blocks thought only the later red eyed one did

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Facing great Shinboi owl and haven’t got anyw rot essence except the automatic one from the sculptor the first time died. Feels good

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 29, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zcOUnXd-HQ

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol :slick:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo