Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

My biggest beef with the line is that while they look great, their articulation is worse than most Diamond Selects, which is frankly embarrassing. They're great if you just want to have all your action figures standing around, though.

Yeah, 4 Horsemen have been using that same base design for decades now.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Good. Its been a minute since we had a good pop derail.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
For what it's worth i got my first mythic legions recently and thought that the articulation was impressive given how much they prioritize sculpt.

There's a thigh swivel that I thought was great and despite the lack of double joints in the arms and legs there was still a pretty good amount of flex. Definitely better than DCUC articulation.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1376390166399614977?s=20

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1376514547046039553
I'm mostly cold on McFarlane stuff, but six inch Batman 66 could be rad. Hope they pull it off.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

As someone who works with people who have substance abuse disorder I

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1376514547046039553
I'm mostly cold on McFarlane stuff, but six inch Batman 66 could be rad. Hope they pull it off.

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet and I read this tweet as McFarlane making 66" Batman figures. It was a wild world I was living in for a few seconds.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Agrias120 posted:

My coffee hasn't kicked in yet and I read this tweet as McFarlane making 66" Batman figures. It was a wild world I was living in for a few seconds.

A comic accurate life-size Wolverine would be 63 inches :thunk:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

Coffee's still kicking in here too and that's exactly how I read it at first. First thought was "uhh how are they not going to sell these for less than $400??"

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

If the 66 Joker has a little painted over mustache, consider it bought.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, if there's a cowboy spawn for Gunslinger, gently caress I'm in.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Got that 2-pack of risers that Rhyno had shown off:

It's already done wonders for cleaning up the TMNT Super7 stuff I have out, but gotta look into getting some of the other NECA stuff out as well.

While I SHOULD be separating the large scale Super7 TMNT from the much smaller NECA ( And fixing poses to not just be so rigid ) I instead am going to try and use the other shelving to try and fix this atrocity that is constantly falling over:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Having a hearty lol at Coptain America being a Wal-Mart exclusive.

https://twitter.com/poc_culture/status/1376580413477453827?s=21

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Pretty bold claim saying that its going to be the most popular pop ever given hes B team captain America.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:thejoke:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah I don't know a thing about John Walker but I was struck by how poo poo a replacement he currently is so a garbo pop is indeed very fitting

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

John Walker should ONLY ever be a Funko Pop. Like, even on the show he should be represented at all times by that Pop on a stick that they wave in front of the camera.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Just to make sure if I buy a few Mythic Legions figures I don't have to buy all of them right

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

What does your heart tell you?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You have to buy every last one including Otho.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am going to have to get the John Walker figure so I can make a Dud custom.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Just to make sure if I buy a few Mythic Legions figures I don't have to buy all of them right

As you know, buying only one or two of a figure in a line fully satisfices any and all urges to buy more, so you're fine

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I was able to snag a Black Series Clone Wars Ahsoka for not too much over retail and now I may rest.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Having a hearty lol at Coptain America being a Wal-Mart exclusive.

https://twitter.com/poc_culture/status/1376580413477453827?s=21

TV show spoilers: Don’t we literally see him signing one of the MLs in the second episode, at the football stadium scene when he greets the crowd? I swear that packaging is real familiar.

Edit — I checked, it’s at the 5:20 mark, it’s not the ML but the packaging is essentially the same

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 29, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

TV show spoilers: Don’t we literally see him signing one of the MLs in the second episode, at the football stadium scene when he greets the crowd? I swear that packaging is real familiar.

Edit — I checked, it’s at the 5:20 mark, it’s not the ML but the packaging is essentially the same

The packaging is identical but I think the toy from the episode is a 12” doll or something. It looks bigger than a ML.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah the in-show box says Sixth Scale Figure.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

For a number of years I was basically only buying ones to fill out a standard DnD party format (Ranger, warrior, paladin, fighter, sorcerer, wizard, warlock, etc), and some representatives from “evil” races to fight. I’ve gotten enough raises this past year to afford more but I still don’t really care about orcs or regular elves, for example.

As an aside, I love this line’s lore for vampires in that they’re super corrupted elves and not a wholly separate race.

It’s also a good time to get into this line because two of the Four Horsemen are being produced this year, the leaders of the bigger evil factions with their own unique mounts, both of which are sure to skyrocket in price down the road.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Sanschel posted:

It’s also a good time to get into this line because two of the Four Horsemen are being produced this year, the leaders of the bigger evil factions with their own unique mounts, both of which are sure to skyrocket in price down the road.

Speaking of which, preorders for both Arethyr (The Horsemen of War) and his horse Aethon just came back up on BBTS. This wave should be shipping in April/May, and they will sell out quickly.

Arethyr - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/103208

Aethon - https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/103287

He does come with detachable wings.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 30, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Their paint apps are so nice!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a deal with myself to ONLY buy skeleton people from Mythic Legions, otherwise I think I would get far too into it.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004

My Amazon orders that were scheduling to come in over a month to six weeks all came in today. All I need now are Tri Clops, Ram Man, and the battle armors.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I've made a deal with myself to ONLY buy skeleton people from Mythic Legions, otherwise I think I would get far too into it.

Hahah, I have a skeleton preordered too to serve as a Stalfos Knight to fight my Link figures.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I saw that SSJ2 aura effect photo you posted - it looked good!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Ha, I'm so used to anything I bid on on eBay getting brutally sniped at the last minute that I kinda stopped paying attention to one of my bids, but I just did a routine email check and found out I won it. I am finally going to own a MOTUC Bubble Power She-Ra, AKA the upgraded version of She-Ra with more detailed armor and better articulation. I set my max bid just short of the cheapest "buy it now" price I could find, accounting for shipping, and the would-be snipers drove me straight up to my max bid, so it wasn't exactly a good deal. I've also been trying to score the Adora figure, but I've lost out on several of those.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Remember Boglins? Not for 40$ I don't

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s about right for a nostalgia product for olds

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Ha, I'm so used to anything I bid on on eBay getting brutally sniped at the last minute that I kinda stopped paying attention to one of my bids, but I just did a routine email check and found out I won it. I am finally going to own a MOTUC Bubble Power She-Ra, AKA the upgraded version of She-Ra with more detailed armor and better articulation. I set my max bid just short of the cheapest "buy it now" price I could find, accounting for shipping, and the would-be snipers drove me straight up to my max bid, so it wasn't exactly a good deal. I've also been trying to score the Adora figure, but I've lost out on several of those.

Earlier today? I almost bid on that but I was worried I'd snipe it out from under you.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Huzzah. I just got changed for my Snake Supreme Cobra Commander. I am excited to finally have a new Joe figure after months of nothing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I saw that SSJ2 aura effect photo you posted - it looked good!

Yeah, it’s definitely neat for $13. Easy to snap together too. And you can leave off the bottom effects if you just want the lightning.