Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah I'm voting for this just because it's a hilarious combo.

Same. Plus, who doesn't love songs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
City Management XXIV, Update 1

Votes so far posted:

• New Characters: We are definitely going to hire a Soothsinger for our party to fill our Spellweaver slot. There is a tie for the other position though: 3 votes each for the Red Guard and the Nightshroud! These are the starting cards available to our Soothsayer - I'll also set up the spreadsheet asap. Since she starts at Level4, we'll have to vote on Cards and Perks for her (and since she's the 2nd character to retire from this slot, she gets +2 Perks):

• Boris's new PERK: without a doubt, it's going to be +2 MUDDLE.
  • The MVP for Scenario 62, fittingly enough, is Master Splitner, for destroying the boss :agesilaus:
Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 24 posted:

This will affect our new party members, whoever they may be.
:siren::siren::siren:
YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. Three's a party: vote to pick A, the Redguard or B, the Nightshroud for our last party member!
  2. Soothsinger's name: choose between A, Leticia "Letty" Van Halen or B, Strummond D’Banjo!
  3. Soothsinger's CARDS (a level 2, 3- and 4-) and PERKS (3 for the level ups and 2 for the retirement bonus): the list for both is here:

4. Soothsinger's equipment/enhancements: you can check what's available in the Market Pool; you can find the Enhancement rules HERE. Also remember that we have a Curious Gear and Flea-Bitten Shawl sitting in the Torch Thieves's base, currently unequipped.aw

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Soothsinger's name: A

CARDS:
level 2: Soothing Lullaby we need some healing.
level 3: Aria? The bottom seems fairly strong even if the top is situational.
level 4: I'd go with Disorienting Dirge. It seems a prime target for enhancement, 150g to add a second curse or wound to that pip, 125g to add a second bless.

PERKS:
Remove two -1, remove two -1 again, remove -2, replace -1 with Rolling Stones stun, and replace 0 with +2 CURSE.

Having a +4 looks fun but I'd skip it

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Three's a party: Nightshroud

Soothsinger's name: A

Soothsinger's CARDS: level 2: Soothing Lullaby, level 3: Echoing Aria, level 4: Disorienting Dirge

5 PERKS: Remove two -1s, Remove two -1s, Remove -2, Replace one 0 with one +3 Muddle, Replace one -1 with a +0 Stun.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Soothsinger's name: Letty van Halen is excellent

Soothsinger's CARDS:
Level 2: Soothing Lullaby
Level 3: Change Tempo (i don't love the level 3 cards)
Level 4: Disorienting Dirge

5 PERKS: Remove two -1s, Remove two -1s, Remove -2, Add two rolling Curses, Replace one -1 with a +0 Stun.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I didn't mean to actually vote for Eclipse, I think Red Guard will be hilarious with Ms Quatryl

So...

RED GUARD (Eclipse makes scenarios boring, boo eclipse)

2: Soothing Lullaby (heal 1 every round is incredible against anything that poisons or wounds and between rooms),
3: Echoing Aria (don't sleep on that retaliate, and the bottom is hilarious with red guard),
4: Dubstep (disorienting dirge is one of the strongest cards in the entire game, period)

Singer gear: Comfortable Shoes since we have a whole lotta Move 2's.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 29, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Red Guard

Event Choice: A

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
New Party Member: Redguard

Soothsinger's name: B

CARDS:
  • level 2: Change Tempo.
  • level 3: Echoing Aria.
  • level 4: Disorienting Dirge

PERKS:
  • 2x Remove two -1
  • Remove one -2
  • Replace one -1 with one +0 Stun
  • Replace one +0 with one +2 Curse

Edit: Actually, can I suggest a different name for our Soothsinger? Jhoni B. Goode

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 29, 2021

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

habeasdorkus posted:

Level 3: Change Tempo (i don't love the level 3 cards)
Even with Red Guard? Echoing Aria is like the most synergistic card possible. If only the top and bottom were on different cards :)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Other comment - If we use Red Guard, there's a simple tweak to perks which I'd strongly recommend. My buddy cgo came up with it.

Presently, they have 2 perks for removing a -1 and adding a +1.

Instead, change it so one perk is "Remove 2 -1's" and the second is "Ignore item effects and add 2 +1's". These are all perks that exist in base GH so there's no balance concern on that count.

Also, the only reason that RG doesn't have the item effects already is because item effects don't exist in JotL. Isaac has posted that they should probably have that perk in order to operate properly in GH.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Red Guard

Van Halen
Lulluby
Aia
Dirge

Remove two -1s, Remove two -1s, Remove -2, Replace +0 with +2 Curse, Replace -1 with +0 Stun.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Also both the Soothsinger and the other new guy/gal should buy both versions of stamina potions. They're too strong not to.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Omobono posted:

Also both the Soothsinger and the other new guy/gal should buy both versions of stamina potions. They're too strong not to.

Yeah, Soothsinger should have stam pots since they have a relatively small hand and it allows them to avoid short resting.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Voting Red Guard. Eclipse is super boring.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

Other comment - If we use Red Guard, there's a simple tweak to perks which I'd strongly recommend. My buddy cgo came up with it.

Presently, they have 2 perks for removing a -1 and adding a +1.

Instead, change it so one perk is "Remove 2 -1's" and the second is "Ignore item effects and add 2 +1's". These are all perks that exist in base GH so there's no balance concern on that count.

Also, the only reason that RG doesn't have the item effects already is because item effects don't exist in JotL. Isaac has posted that they should probably have that perk in order to operate properly in GH.
Yeah mirroring the Brute's perk makes sense, since the RG is what the Brute would like to be when it grows up. The RG is most likely going to use armor by design, which means she needs the perk in base GH to work properly :)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

red guard, I wanted to play him in Jaws but ended up with the voidwarden. Eclipse is fun but I've played him in tabletop and two steam merc campaigns now.

Disorienting Dirge is hilarious in some missions with a crowd, I picked that one in the steam game and abuse the hell out of it. My friend picked the other choice and it is pretty amazing too especially with summoner pets. Helps make up for the bard not putting out much damage herself. Echoing Aria is good. Soothing Lullaby is great in poison heavy missions

soothsinger: major stam, minor stam, comfortable shoes with 5g left over to save for an empowering talisman
red guard: major stam, minor stam, save the rest for tower shield, armor or +move boots not sure which first

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

dwarf74 posted:

Even with Red Guard? Echoing Aria is like the most synergistic card possible. If only the top and bottom were on different cards :)

Yeah, since it looks like we're going Red Guard that actually makes plenty of sense. I've never played alongside Red Guard, so I had to look at the character to see the synergy.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

City Management XXIV, Update 1

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. Three's a party: vote to pick A, the Redguard or B, the Nightshroud for our last party member!
  2. Soothsinger's name: choose between A, Leticia "Letty" Van Halen or B, Strummond D’Banjo!
  3. Soothsinger's CARDS (a level 2, 3- and 4-) and PERKS (3 for the level ups and 2 for the retirement bonus): the list for both is here:

4. Soothsinger's equipment/enhancements: you can check what's available in the Market Pool; you can find the Enhancement rules HERE. Also remember that we have a Curious Gear and Flea-Bitten Shawl sitting in the Torch Thieves's base, currently unequipped.aw

1. A - Redguard
2. B
3. Cards: Change Tempo, Echoing Aria, Disorienting Dirge Perks: first five on the card, 2x remove -1, remove -2, 2x replace +1 with +4
4. Minor and Major Stam potion, save rest of gold to enhance throw voice with extra hex

edit: I cannot emphasize how good and flexible enhancing Throw Voice with FOUR hexes of disarm instead of three is. Almost good enough to spend all your starting gold on and wait until finishing a quest to buy any items.

JUST MAKING CHILI fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 30, 2021

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

edit: I cannot emphasize how good and flexible enhancing Throw Voice with FOUR hexes of disarm instead of three is. Almost good enough to spend all your starting gold on and wait until finishing a quest to buy any items.

Yeah in a lot of situations it's the difference between disarming 1 and 2 enemies.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXIV, Update 2

Vote Results posted:

• Soothsinger's name: running with the devil Valrath, say hello to Leticia "Letty" Van Halen, the Quatryl Soothsinger!
  • Soothsinger's CARDS: we're going to add Soothing Lullaby, Echoing Aria and Disorienting Dirge.

• Soothsinger's PERKS: Remove two -1 (twice), Remove one -2, Replace a -1 with one +0 STUN, Replace one +0 with one +2CURSE.

• Soothsinger's equipment/enhancements: we're buying a Minor Stamina Potion, a Major Stamina Potion and a pair of Comfortable Shoes (5 gold left).

• Also, I forgot to show Boris's new deck after we've added a +2 MUDDLE:

• Three's a party: last but not leastour last companion is going to be a Valrath Red Guard! These are the cards available to him at level 1:

City Event 24, resolution posted:

Effect: +10XP each.
This will be applied to our new party members.

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

- If we want to free the Voice we can now access the Savvas Armory (33) to reclaim its vessel!

If instead we don't trust the Voice, we can try to get to the bottom of what exactly it is, instead of just meddling with powers we do not understand. Maybe we can find some more answers in the Shrine of the Depths (30)

- While exploring the Echo Chamber, we have found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, sout-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

- We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

- The Librarian, Dominic, has asked us to help him keeping up a bargain he tried to strike (for the wellbeing of Gloomhaven, of course). He wants us to get into a place called the Oozing Groove (72). Doesn't it sound lovely? Completing this Scenario will allow us continue reading the Town Records.

- We can now access the Ancient Cistern (26) and discover what was poisoning the City well, since we have access to Water-Breathing magic!

- We can't go here...yet. But if we complete the Voice's request and find its vessel, we can try to free it facing the Ancient Defense Network!

- As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content. If we pick Casual Mode I'll add something to spice it up.
Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 7 posted:

1. Our next Destination.
  2. Road Event outcome, A or B!
  3. Red Guard Name: so far we have only 1 proposal for Frank "Red Hot" Sauce; you can support this or propose your own!
  4. Red Guard's CARDS (a level 2, 3- and 4-) and PERKS (3 for the level ups and 1 for the retirement bonus):

5. Red Guard's equipment/enhancements: As you may have noticed, I went ahead and saved time by purchasing the 2 tiers of Stamina Potion for the Red Guard, since it's going to be a given. This leaves us with 35g. You can check what's available in the Market Pool; you can find the Enhancement rules HERE. Also remember that we have a Curious Gear and Flea-Bitten Shawl sitting in the Torch Thieves's base, currently unequipped.

6. Red Guard's Personal Quest: pick one between these two!

7. Soothsinger's Personal Quest: pick one between these two!

I'm also reaching out to Eeepies and Kafila as the active players, with AtomikKrab and Omobono as the subs if needed be. The Goonmind is going to pilot Boris in the upcoming Scenario!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 30, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Where can we find bandits or cultists?

1, destination: No clue.
2, road: we have a bow bard and we want to use her (A).
3, name: no clue (that's not a name proposal).
5, items: Iron helmet. Critical hits are bad.
6, quest: Law Bringer.
E: would the Red Guard need to personally kill the targets?

7, quest: Elemental samples.

Cards & perks:
level 2: Barbaric Instincts; initiative, defensive top and move + attack bottom looks good.
level 3: Strangling chain; some CC on bottom and a decent "gently caress fire demons" top.
level 4: Burn Away The Dark: according to dwarf74 in a few posts from now this enables shenanigans and I'm all for shenanigans

perks: ignore item effects and add +1, remove two -1, remove two -1, remove one -2 and one +1.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 30, 2021

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
1. Destination: Shrine of the Depths (30)
2. Road Event: We have a chants expert now so A
3. ---
4a. Red Guard's CARDS: Barbaric Instincts, Strangling Chain, Radiant Sickle
4b.4 PERKS: Remove two -1s, Remove two -1s again, Remove one -2 and add a +1, Ignore negative item effects and add a +1
5. Red Guard's equipment: Buy a chainmail and an Iron Helment.
6. Red Guard's Personal Quest: Lawbringer
7. Soothsinger's Personal Quest: Seeker of Xorn

Edit: Changed my vote a little bit.

Kanthulhu fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 30, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I vote Piety and all things

and XORN.

HAIL XORN

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Barbaric Instincts (initiative and shield spikes!)
Burn Away the Dark (wound the room!)
Stranglin' Chain (amazing)

(All these cards are great though)

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
1. Sunken Vessel
2. Option A
3. Guy Crimson
4. Cards:
  • 2: Barbaric Instincts
  • 3: Strangling Chain
  • 4: Radiant Sickle

Perks:
  • Remove one -2 and add a +1
  • 2x Remove two -1
  • Ignore negative item effects and add one +1

5. Iron Helmet
6. Piety in All Things
7. Seeker of Xorn

Also give our Soothsinger the Flea-bitten Shawl.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 30, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Shrine of the depths looks like the easiest warm-up with new peeps.
Road A
I proposed a red guard name in the first round, Kir Kanos because I'm a big nerd and remembered that from decades ago but I'm open to Frank or other ideas.
Skills and perks chosen so far look good, will read up and vote if there's argument later
Ditto gear helm for sure chain armor if money left
Law bringer. My favorite unlock.
Xorn (I have a new respect for triangles/triforce after the steam game but the xorn unlock is destined to be a goon favorite).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I think y'all are underestimating the shenanigans you can get up to with Burn Away the Dark. :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

dwarf74 posted:

I think y'all are underestimating the shenanigans you can get up to with Burn Away the Dark. :)

I'm changing my level 4 vote to shenanigans then.
I've edited my previous voting post.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

I'm changing my level 4 vote to shenanigans then.
I've edited my previous voting post.
I mean if you have Fire (and you don't use it without) it's basically 2+ points of damage into 18 hexes, with a cool Wound being part of that for your high shield enemies. :)

And at worst, it's still hard control and mobility, with a Move+Disarm with a potential to burn bad elements and give you good ones.

The other card is also very good, don't get me wrong - Red Guard doesn't have many bad cards. But 4 damage on 1 target with some splash vs. just wounding the whole room with a lot of attacks for RG's awesome modifier deck isn't a contest IMO. I'd only skip Burn Away the Dark if my companions were throwing around Wounds freely already.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

I'd only skip Burn Away the Dark if my companions were throwing around Wounds freely already.
The Soothsinger does have a "Add WOUND to every attack" song, but that's about it. Also

bagrada posted:

I proposed a red guard name in the first round, Kir Kanos because I'm a big nerd and remembered that from decades ago but I'm open to Frank or other ideas.
Sorry about having missed this!

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I prefer the retaliate with range song, or the healing song if there’s lots of poison. The wound on attack song is kind of an disappointment in action.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

I prefer the retaliate with range song, or the healing song if there’s lots of poison. The wound on attack song is kind of an disappointment in action.
Yup my experience too.

The Healing song was one I didn't expect to like, but hot drat does it make a difference. It's easy to see how good it is in digital.

My faves are the shield and retaliate songs. Shield 1 to everyone is just so much prevented damage over a scenario, and we have a red guard.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Defensive Ditty is a great song for low levels especially if you start a scenario and are in immediate danger of getting dog piled. Go fast and give everyone a shield before monsters can get a turn. I just played music note with a juiced up Brute so the shield 1 didn’t do much most of the time. Situationally great though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Also - xorn quest will have... Issues... This deep into a campaign. Fortunately, Marcel created a new Xorn quest line which has been released for TTS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gloomhaven/comments/cdqgif/seeker_of_xorn_bonus_quest_line_on_tabletop/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

dwarf74 posted:

Yup my experience too.

The Healing song was one I didn't expect to like, but hot drat does it make a difference. It's easy to see how good it is in digital.

My faves are the shield and retaliate songs. Shield 1 to everyone is just so much prevented damage over a scenario, and we have a red guard.

My sister always had the shield and retaliate songs up at the same time when I was playing a class that I won't spoil but you know who I mean. It turned it all the way up to broken and hilarious.

PS Law Bringer

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

That Italian Guy posted:

City Management XXIV, Update 2

This will be applied to our new party members.

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaing progression (IE: which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more estetically pleasing

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always active Scenario Effects).

Wherever we're going, we'll have to get on the Road to get there!

1. Our next Destination.
  2. Road Event outcome, A or B!
  3. Red Guard Name: so far we have only 1 proposal for Frank "Red Hot" Sauce; you can support this or propose your own!
  4. Red Guard's CARDS (a level 2, 3- and 4-) and PERKS (3 for the level ups and 1 for the retirement bonus):

5. Red Guard's equipment/enhancements: As you may have noticed, I went ahead and saved time by purchasing the 2 tiers of Stamina Potion for the Red Guard, since it's going to be a given. This leaves us with 35g. You can check what's available in the Market Pool; you can find the Enhancement rules HERE. Also remember that we have a Curious Gear and Flea-Bitten Shawl sitting in the Torch Thieves's base, currently unequipped.

6. Red Guard's Personal Quest: pick one between these two!

7. Soothsinger's Personal Quest: pick one between these two!

I'm also reaching out to Eeepies and Kafila as the active players, with AtomikKrab and Omobono as the subs if needed be. The Goonmind is going to pilot Boris in the upcoming Scenario!

Voting for:

Road Event A.
Frank "Red Hot" Sauce
Lawbringer (because I'm bad at Sun and want to know how to play better)
Elemental Samples (because Triforce is really fun)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

City Management XXIV, Update 3 and Scenario 30 Preamble.

Vote Results posted:

• Our next Destination is going to be the Shrine of the Depths (30)
  • Red Guard Name: we have a three way tie, so the dice will decide...our Red Guard name is Kir Kanos!
  • Red Guard's CARDS (a level 2, 3- and 4-) and PERKS (3 for the level ups and 1 for the retirement bonus) - this is what we got:

• Red Guard's equipment - This is what we ended up with:

• Red Guard's PQ: pick one between these two!

• Soothsinger's PQ: pick one between these two!

We will have to use the revised version for this, since we won't probably be able to get 3 more Crypts in this game. I'll download it and have a look. Marcel has mercy on our souls
While on the Road to the next Scenario...

Road Event 7, resolution posted:

Effect: +5XP each, each lose 1 ✓
Let's examine our next destination: Scenario 30 - Shrine of the Depths

Scenario 30 - Shrine of the Depths - Location posted:

The Torch Thieves don't play by anyone's rules: we have helped the Voice during our previous Scenario, but now it's time to see if it's worth betraying It...

Scenario 30 - Shrine of the Depths - Features posted:

These are the details we know about Scenario 30 before starting it:
Links to:None.
Requirements: The Voice’s Command (Party)
Goal: Loot the treasure tile
Tiles in the Scenario:

That's right, in this underwater scenario there are 24 water difficult terrain tiles. Hope you like to jump!

Map Layout:

In keeping in line with Frosthaven revealed features, I'll let you know where the doors are when showing the general map layout.
Perfect timing for this, since we are currently immune to the downside - Boris just filled 3 checkmarks (and you can't lose ✓ from a completed set) and our new party members have to checkmarks to lose yet.

Scenario 30 - Shrine of the Depths - Creatures posted:

These are the stats for this Scenario's creatures:

These are the ability decks for the creatures we've already faced in battle before.
NOTE: these are the "in the box" cards. We normally use the app ones, that automatically make the necessary calculations for us; the various "+1", "-1", etc are to be applied to the base value for that stat on the monster card. So if the base value is "Attack 4", an "Attack -1" ability card would mean that, for that round, the monster has an Attack value of 3.
"Oozes:

Deep Terrors
"
NOTE: certain monster archetypes share a common deck. The combination of unique stat cards and shared ability decks allows the game to feel even larger than it already is!

Scenario 30 - Shrine of the Depths - Introduction posted:

“So, there’s a disembodied voice somewhere deep in the Copperneck Mountains, and it wants you to collect vessels that will help it escape its confinement?” A bookish Quatryl at the University adjusts his glasses to look up at you. “And you want to know exactly what this voice is?”
He laughs nervously. “Heh, okay, well, I’ll do what I can. I’ll start with rituals that could separate a voice from its host...” The Quatryl sort of drifts off in the middle of his sentence and wanders over to some bookshelves, where he leafs through various texts.

You decide to head to the market for a few hours. When you return, the Quatryl rushes up with excitement. “I’ve found it!” He waves a book in your face. “I hit a number of dead ends until I realized the voice wasn’t separated, it was just the only thing that can get through the barrier created to imprison it, which implies that the barrier itself was extra-planar, most likely created by the Aesthers ages ago.
“So I did some digging through all the texts we have on Aesther rituals—which isn’t much, they’re very reticent about such things—but luckily I found this book. It is a specific recounting of the binding of a demon in the Copperneck region you referred to. Apparently the creature was so strong, the Aesthers enlisted the help of the Savvas and the Harrowers, too. They claim it was powerful enough to lay waste to the entire continent.
“If it’s asking you to help free it, I’d strongly recommend against it. The accuracy of the text is admittedly a little questionable, but whatever this voice is, it was bound for a reason.”

The Quatryl finally stops waving the book around and begins to flip through the pages. “In fact, if you can hear the voice from outside the cave, and it has such a strong influence over you, it sounds as if the barrier is weakening, as the author warns. “Apparently there is a scepter that could be used to strengthen the binding ritual, but the author says it has been placed on an island along the south shore for safekeeping. There’s a simple incantation detailed in the text to open the door to the shrine.”

Two days later, you stand before the ruined structure, which now sits half-sunk in the water-logged earth. You speak a few foreign words and the door creaks open. You get the strong sense that the door is not the only thing between you and this scepter.

Scenario Special Rules

Players spaw tiles are marked with the Entrance token.

AtomikKrab and Omobono please let me know if you are ok to sub in! If you are, I'll send you a PM so that you'll be able to choose:
1) Your hand selection for this Scenario (please specify what you are removing and what you are adding).
2) Your starting location. You can freely discuss this itt.
3) Your step A orders and initiative.
4) Pick one of the Battle Goals provided in the PM.

The Goonmind (controlling Boris) should provide the same, but choose between these two Battle Goals:
- Hesitant: Never go first in a round's initiative. Rewards:✓
- Pacifist*: Kill three or fewer monsters during the scenario. Rewards:✓

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I was pointed at a much improved "Expanded Seeker of Xorn" mod - so here's this by Emalde

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2368315175

ALSO! The custom content guild came up with a slick, awesome mod. I've heard there's some more fixes/tweaks coming to it, within the week, so don't migrate to it yet if you are considering it, but you can steal the Red Guard stuff from it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2402018642

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for the headsup, I'll replace the Xorn module and have a look at the improved Jotl resources - since the ones in the main module look like crap for some reason.

EDIT: yeah the visual improvements are massive.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

Thanks for the headsup, I'll replace the Xorn module and have a look at the improved Jotl resources - since the ones in the main module look like crap for some reason.
I plan on moving my whole home campaign over to it when the mod decks are updated.

I hope the red guard stuff exports beautifully :)

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 31, 2021