Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Reminder that the Vita is barely older than the PS4. This is too early to be cutting it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Finished "Astro's Playroom", March has been a solid month for clears (relatively speaking for me, the person who started Origami King 90 days ago and hasn't beaten the second streamer yet)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
So what comes after warch? WAPril?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

appril. the month where we exclusively play app games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Always warms my heart when a game thanks "You, the player!" :unsmith:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Aperil, ape-related games only.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Games gen chat I have a question. I have a bunch of wii/3ds/xbox 360 games I am looking at and realize I am never going to play/replay them and I am looking to get rid of them. What's the best way to go about selling this stuff? I'm not looking to make a fortune, but I'd like to avoid selling anything potentially valuable for pennies. Should I just check ebay for going rate or is there another source people use? Is it worth selling individual or do lots sell easier? Thanks for any info anyone can give, I usually avoid this kind of stuff but I'm at a point in my life when I have to cut down on some of the stuff sitting in a storage unit, and as much as I'd like to be buried with my junk I'd rather it goes to a good home instead.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Ebay is probably a good idea. The "buy now" price tends to be the upper average for what people will pay for a given game. The market's kinda fluid for this sort of thing, so there's no real fixed price list you can just look up.

Whether it's worth selling individual depends on the game. Good and well-known games obviously sell better than less well-known or more mediocre ones. You get a better price selling the first type individually, but bundling them with worse games and selling them as a package deal can be a good way to get rid of stuff no one would really want otherwise. Makes it a sort of "pay more for this one and get all of these at reduced price as a bonus!" thing.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

For any Fight Night fans like me, something to keep an eye on despite the bad name
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1451190/eSports_Boxing_Club/

It's early but has some promise.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Games gen chat I have a question. I have a bunch of wii/3ds/xbox 360 games I am looking at and realize I am never going to play/replay them and I am looking to get rid of them. What's the best way to go about selling this stuff? I'm not looking to make a fortune, but I'd like to avoid selling anything potentially valuable for pennies. Should I just check ebay for going rate or is there another source people use? Is it worth selling individual or do lots sell easier? Thanks for any info anyone can give, I usually avoid this kind of stuff but I'm at a point in my life when I have to cut down on some of the stuff sitting in a storage unit, and as much as I'd like to be buried with my junk I'd rather it goes to a good home instead.

Most 360 and Wii games are worth very little and supply is much higher than demand. The best way to find prices is to check sold listings on eBay. Buy now prices are usually wishful thinking.

Anything with Mario in the title or JRPGs are usually easy to sell, maybe sell those separate.

bone emulator fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 30, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4: The Laughing Octopus boss fight is so loving cool. So many smart and interesting ideas going on

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well this bitch be crazy :stare:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Thanks for the selling advice, I'll probably end up selling some of the higher value stuff individually and do lots for the rest. As long as I can break even I'd rather send it to someone than bring it to goodwill.

e:. Yeah so definitely gonna sell this unopened copy of Ghost Trick on ebay by itself.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 30, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Raiden stop pretending you know how to hunt, you're such a dork

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Apraluigi? Nah

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am struggling to stay awake at work today. Goodness I am exhausted. I went to bed at a reasonable time last night too!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

VideoGames posted:

I am struggling to stay awake at work today. Goodness I am exhausted. I went to bed at a reasonable time last night too!

Same except I didn't go to bed at a reasonable time

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Melty Blood - Type Lumina: Remingle Under The Blue Glass Moon, And With What You Find There. Even If You Think You Know The World, Lunacy Lurks There

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it doesn't matter how much sleep i actually get, waking up to an alarm always makes me feel the same groggy way. conversely i could get six hours on a weekend night but still feel great if i wake up on my own

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Drebin to the rescue! :hellyeah:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Looper posted:

it doesn't matter how much sleep i actually get, waking up to an alarm always makes me feel the same groggy way. conversely i could get six hours on a weekend night but still feel great if i wake up on my own

I recall learning that a person's circadian rhythm is approx. 90 minutes, so waking up at the end of an interval helps prevent that grogginess.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Melty Blood - Type Lumina: Remingle Under The Blue Glass Moon, And With What You Find There. Even If You Think You Know The World, Lunacy Lurks There

i like this arc sys round start generator

https://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=wMu6qiG3

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I recall learning that a person's circadian rhythm is approx. 90 minutes, so waking up at the end of an interval helps prevent that grogginess.
I believe you might be thinking of REM phases there. There's an optimal point between sleep phases where you will be most alert upon waking up. Doesn't really help with daytime tiredness, though, that's usually a matter of overall sleep quality and/or sleep debt.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Headset died and I want some recommendations. All I need is something wired with a long cord cause all I'm going to be doing is talking with friends.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Headset died and I want some recommendations. All I need is something wired with a long cord cause all I'm going to be doing is talking with friends.

If I were buying a new headset right now I'd get a Steelseries Arctis. Hyper X Cloud II would be my cheaper rec since I've got an older Cloud pair and it's pretty good.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gog is giving away the forgettable except for the celshaded graphics fps XIII.

So, get that if you feel so inclined.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Cardiovorax posted:

I believe you might be thinking of REM phases there. There's an optimal point between sleep phases where you will be most alert upon waking up. Doesn't really help with daytime tiredness, though, that's usually a matter of overall sleep quality and/or sleep debt.

That sounds more correct!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Melty Blood - Type Lumina: Remingle Under The Blue Glass Moon, And With What You Find There. Even If You Think You Know The World, Lunacy Lurks There is a what-if prequel to the Tsukihime remake timeline.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i know you said wired but the HyperX Cloud Flight S is really good and i just wander my apartment all day on conference calls and playing games - it charges wirelessly so it's pretty easy to keep topped up

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I truly don't understand why there hasn't been a remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

I have been thinking about this for most of today and currently I am not sure.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Terraria, hands down.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rarity posted:

MGS4: The Laughing Octopus boss fight is so loving cool. So many smart and interesting ideas going on

Yeah, it'd be nice if these broads were actually related to the story or at least interesting characters, but alas.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

VideoGames posted:

If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

Breath of Fire 4.

Potential runner-up: The Last Story.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Imagine if they had made a second or third Parasite Eve. Alas, no such things exist.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Where's my Freedom Wars 2?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Its kind of hard to think of a fantastic game, like an all time classic, that didn't get a sequel or at least a spiritual successor

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Journey

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
San Andreas 2, baby!

Also Bloodborne 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester