Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

And JD Drake being in the stable with the chiseled, jaw line boys is very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cezar’s wife is dying

Ah. Makes sense then. Thanks! Not sure why I didn’t put that together.

Also probably should’ve put this in the AEW thread. Apologies.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I expect Drake and Nemeth is like a Vickie/Nyla thing where they hit it off backstage (or the Heel section), pitched tagging together, and nobody objected. I believe they're friends because Nemeth took Drake hiking. And yeah, I certainly don't hate it. Hunkamania!
https://twitter.com/HotYoungBriley/status/1376728457715933187

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ryan has gone from a guy I didn't care about at all to one of my favorite dark comedy guys.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Aren’t the Nemeths Ryan and Dolph both known for being exceptionally well-liked by everyone backstage, and that’s kinda why they both get more chances than others with similar talent might?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Nemeth, your brother seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

jesus WEP posted:

Aren’t the Nemeths Ryan and Dolph both known for being exceptionally well-liked by everyone backstage, and that’s kinda why they both get more chances than others with similar talent might?

Ryan showed up in AEW specifically to do a nice thing for Amanda Huber, so it certainly seems that way in his case. Not sure about Dolph.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

granting Cezar his biggest match ever against loving Mox to ensure he gets paid is really loving cool, hope Cezar's medical stuff for his wife works out soon

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/RealJDDrake/status/1376698150019301380
I like that JD Drake took the time to call out the maintenance guy at his local bowling alley on twitter while he was wrestling for AEW on youtube

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

explosivo posted:

I like that JD Drake took the time to call out the maintenance guy at his local bowling alley on twitter while he was wrestling for AEW on youtube

JD Drake understands that work is just to allow you follow your passions, and for JD Drake that's bowling.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
AEW does a good job of rotating talent to keep them fresh. Right now Cezar sits in my "I don't mind seeing them on my TV" zone, and he's got some potential down the road. As long as he doesn't get a Corbin push, I'm alright.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

explosivo posted:

in hindsight JD Drake has very strong Small Town League Bowler energy

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

in hindsight JD Drake has very strong Small Town League Bowler energy

Yeah it does not surprise me in the least that he's a league bowler.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd bet he is very good too

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Peter Avalon, Cezar Bononi, Ryan Nemeth and JD Drake is the most bizarre collection of individuals I've ever seen in a stable. It kind of owns tbh

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Crapple! posted:

Peter Avalon, Cezar Bononi, Ryan Nemeth and JD Drake is the most bizarre collection of individuals I've ever seen in a stable. It kind of owns tbh

Just four equally good looking guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kinetic77 posted:

I don’t get it. Why does Tony have such a hard on for Cezar and why is JD Drake bunched in with these two?

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1376680872284405760?s=21

It's sick that AEW is booked so well the biggest complaint that can be mustered about pushes is that this guy being booked as a jobber might not be very good!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It's sick that AEW is booked so well the biggest complaint that can be mustered about pushes is that this guy being booked as a jobber might not be very good!

i loved when people were mad at kenny for not destroying a jobber (who now is not a jobber!) fast enough and let him kick out of a vtrigger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

boxcarhobo posted:

i loved when people were mad at kenny for not destroying a jobber (who now is not a jobber!) fast enough and let him kick out of a vtrigger

Vlan is going to be a big deal in a few years time and everyone will look back at that Kenny match as being a huge moment for him

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

boxcarhobo posted:

Coincidentally I stumbled upon this episode while I was watching some old Dynamites the other day. It was a pretty good match tbh but you can see that Angels has come a loooooong way since then. Coincidentally, that was the same episode that Brodie Lee appeared to recruit Preston Vance into the Dark Order as number 10 (it was hard to tell because the camera was behind Preston the entire time).

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ThatsOurMongo/status/1376603201781297154

lol who the gently caress was he aiming for here

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I dont know who it is but you can see him crawling away on the side of the ramp after the landing

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cezar’s wife is dying

Honestly, the guy's had a rough go of it in the last couple of years. Let him have his moment.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JPWARHORSE/status/1376956958729723904

warhorse has been having an absolute blast lately

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1376963583683162112?s=20

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I was a camp counselor about 5 years ago and there was one 10 year old kid who I would chat about wrestling with sometimes. He loooooved ryback, way more than cena or Roman or sami or any other babyfaces at the time. As weird and not great at wrestling as he was, there was something about his gimmick that seemed to work for kids

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is ryback even wrestling anywhere these days, or is on any tv show or anything

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

flatluigi posted:

is ryback even wrestling anywhere these days, or is on any tv show or anything

Short answer: no
Long answer: nope

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Crapple! posted:

Its fantastic, like a somehow even goonier dark order

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

That man must NOT BE HUMAN!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I was a camp counselor about 5 years ago and there was one 10 year old kid who I would chat about wrestling with sometimes. He loooooved ryback, way more than cena or Roman or sami or any other babyfaces at the time. As weird and not great at wrestling as he was, there was something about his gimmick that seemed to work for kids

kids tastes are weird. when i was a kid, i was a perry saturn mark. i still have no clue why, other than i was a mark for bald tough guys or i thought his name was cool

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There's a Jericho Inside the Ropes clip on youtube, where he's telling a story, mentions Ryback, gets a boo, pauses and goes "poor Ryback". He was huge for a while! I think kids love his bullet-shaped head.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ryback was a big slab of beef with a simple chant, I can see how kids would get into it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

meat on the table

thats what you are

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

kinetic77 posted:

I don’t get it. Why does Tony have such a hard on for Cezar and why is JD Drake bunched in with these two?

https://twitter.com/tonykhan/status/1376680872284405760?s=21

finally figured out that cezar is reminding me of Tendo from yakuza 7 in that pic and im fine w/ him now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Meat on the table is a god tier theme song. It was the only wrestling song I had on my workout playlist in college. They should give it to someone else, like the fat guy who does the worm

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Rybaxel was one of the greatest tag teams to ever exist in all of wrestling history so I can see why kids liked Ryback

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

explosivo posted:

Oh poo poo, I've just realised I've gone bowling at that alley back when I lived in Gastonia. And yeah, it kind of sucked.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Good news!

https://twitter.com/cezarbononi_/status/1376976142738030593?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

they just really wanted to know how dumb as gently caress was he