Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Timaeus talked about Albedo before Dragonspire, I'm pretty sure. But who talked to Timaeus on purpose?

Don't remember if all of the voice lines about him were there already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

RareAcumen posted:

Did they mention that Albedo existed before the Dragonspine update? I mean in game. I know people brought up Diona and her bar before she became a playable character and all that.

Timaeus did (as others have said already), and Guy mentioned him briefly during an early Mondstadt story quest. Mona, Kaeya, Lisa, Klee, Venti, Amber, Xingqiu, Jean, and Sucrose have also had voice lines about him since the beginning.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Yeah, the Windblume Festival is fine except for the stupid RNG on the mini-games. This is one of those cases where a tiny fix would go a long way.

Also if you have four accounts at AR55, you really need to find other things to do.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I love bumbling my way through these lyre challenges and then I look at my score at the end and I'm 1200 points past what I need to get the prize.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Timaeus did (as others have said already), and Guy mentioned him briefly during an early Mondstadt story quest. Mona, Kaeya, Lisa, Klee, Venti, Amber, Xingqiu, Jean, and Sucrose have also had voice lines about him since the beginning.

Oooh, wow that is a very early mission back when I had no idea what I was doing as I was playing the game and single line mention, no wonder I forgot about that.

I sure wish those voice lines just played in the world. I don't think anyone said a single thing about snow throughout the entire Dragonspine event.

Since these events are all only available for a short period, I feel bad for people who get into the game later on since they're missing out on them. Especially since that's the only place the characters exist aside from their quests.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

Yah for spending the last hour trying to get the shimmering path shitgame to show up again. Still going
Update - I stopped after that post. Now back and 15 minutes in and I loving give up.

See everyone in a few weeks when the next event shows itself up (that arena challenge thing?) in 3 weeks or so.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Sucrose did in some voice lines, and I THINK a couple of the knights did too.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lurksion posted:

Update - I stopped after that post. Now back and 15 minutes in and I loving give up.

See everyone in a few weeks when the next event shows itself up (that arena challenge thing?) in 3 weeks or so.

How did you hunt for it, all three events or a single one and restart?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I'm not gonna torture myself to hit all rewards, it's 2 books and 20k mora

I can't seem to hit 1st place in the falling thing so gently caress it

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Same, but Shimmering Steps. It wouldn't be so bad if it'd actually pop up (I know archers/mona will trivialize it), but I've already wasted more than enough time just resetting.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Toraen posted:

Same, but Shimmering Steps. It wouldn't be so bad if it'd actually pop up (I know archers/mona will trivialize it), but I've already wasted more than enough time just resetting.

I'm kinda feeling like refusing to reset at all. Four books and a bit of mora and a head start on the overall battle pass which I'll complete eventually anyway in exchange for a ton of annoyance? Nah I'll just keep playing the way I like, farming, using resin to build up teams, etc. The rewards I'm missing are like, one condensed resin all told.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Hey PSA the lyre you get from the event shop lets you play music freehand with 3 octaves, it's totally baller.

There's a disclaimer to not play any copyrighted stuff on stream or in co-op because what you play can be heard by players around you.

First thing I did was play all the ocarina of time songs.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Hey PSA the lyre you get from the event shop lets you play music freehand with 3 octaves, it's totally baller.

There's a disclaimer to not play any copyrighted stuff on stream or in co-op because what you play can be heard by players around you.

I am in love with this item, despite the fact that I can essentially only play in c major or a minor. Good poo poo, my 6yo loves it, it's great.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

silvergoose posted:

I am in love with this item, despite the fact that I can essentially only play in c major or a minor. Good poo poo, my 6yo loves it, it's great.

As someone who hasn't studied music in like 20 years, oh yeah, other keys. I was just pumped that it has 3 octaves and I remembered how to play the song of storms.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So people will be clear, Shimmering Path only shows up on the 3rd event. It takes between 1:30 and 3:30 to get to the 3rd event from the loading screen depending on what trials you get so unless you are so unfortunate as to be trying this on a PS4 you should get to the 3rd event maybe 20 times in an hour.

Shimmering Path is the only hard challenge to beat. It can be completely trivialized with Xiao's jump-skill-skill-glide. If you don't have that you can jump across single block gaps with any character so make one jump when it shows the first time and the other when it shows the second. Unless you got a very bad maze you are done. Aimed shotting works as well but it's slow. I cleared it 3 times out of 4 using Diluc when I was co-oping with a friend to help them, 2 of those times I only had to make one jump.

The Rhythm game is infuriating because the beat is at the end of its input window instead of in the middle. So it actively rewards you for coming in early. If you are a fledgling musician I would not recommend this trial as it will eventually result in J.K. Simmons beating you over the head with your own instrument and throwing you out of his class.

^^^^ how do you get 3 octaves, all I could play was Dueling Banjos and Greensleeves. Also chording with the d-pad sucks.,

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 29, 2021

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Araganzar posted:

^^^^ how do you get 3 octaves, all I could play was Dueling Banjos and Greensleeves. Also chording with the d-pad sucks.,

Shoulder buttons on controller changes your octaves.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

PC supremacy, of course, all three octaves show at once, the leftmost 7 letters on the keybord for all three rows.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I've only played the Song of Time so far, but I felt pretty good when I finished it.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Araganzar posted:

So people will be clear, Shimmering Path only shows up on the 3rd event. It takes between 1:30 and 3:30 to get to the 3rd event from the loading screen depending on what trials you get so unless you are so unfortunate as to be trying this on a PS4 you should get to the 3rd event maybe 20 times in an hour.

The problem is that I have already cleared out the shop and thus there is no reward if I sit through 3 minutes of minigames and then don't get shimmering path. Then if I mess up at all I can say goodbye to the 30 second challenge and have to do everything again.

All for 2 blue books and 20000 mora. I'll pass and consider myself fortunate that I completed all the challenges that award primos.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Not sure I mentioned this already but the next abyss rotation has allegedly been leaked and floor 12 looks very very hard (rumor is 12-2 is a 2 million HP primo geovishap on each side (hydro/pyro), but it's hard to believe... the current floor 12's enemies don't even have a million HP). I will be stockpiling resources for the rest of this patch so I can level whoever needs it when it comes out.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Mobile also just shows all three octaves as a grid. Tried to play Lea’s theme from CrossCode but you need at least B-flat for it...

kater
Nov 16, 2010

play game six months just now found out you can glide from inn to bunker less annoyingly than the run.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I'm stuck in an hour and a half worthless-rear end zoom meeting so here are my desired patch notes:

- If dodge is tapped rather than held down, Mona will do a normal dodge during which the player can buffer input including switching characters.
- Bennet and Chongyun will not override elementally infused attacks within their field. Chongyun will still infuse ice for his attacks only when his field is up at the same time as Bennet's.
- Pyro resonance of 25% ATK has been changed to only apply to targets affected by pyro.
- The option to leave a domain in multiplayer has been removed from the results screens. You must take the exit or hit the menu button to leave.
- Pity has been added for weekly bosses. You are guaranteed to get some kind of prototype billet on your 6th run on a weekly boss without a drop.
- A small amount of aim assist for enemies and weak spots has been added as an option for bow users on console.
- Players that join another world using the domain multiplayer search cannot teleport or gather items.
- A "pet" option has been added when approaching dogs and cats.
- Targeting has been adjusted on console to place the closest item first on the list when there are multiple items or NPCs available for selection.
- Targeting has been adjusted on console so you get the prompt to pick up an item when you are a few feet from the item, not when you are a few feet past it.
- Magic crystals can now be forged into weapon ore at twice the cost of crystal ore.
- If a character can produce a signature item when cooking it will be produced regardless of which character is cooking. You won't have to choose between extra output and signature items anymore.
- Priority will be given to teleportable selections when selecting nearby items on the map screen.
- When filtering artifacts by sets the player's current artifact will also be shown even if not part of the set.
- An overall sequence number for wishes and an option to show only 4* or higher or 5* only results has been added to wish history. The number of results shown on wish history can be toggled between 6 and 20.
- When changing characters outside of combat players may hold down the d-pad to bring up the party selection screen with that slot opened up to select a new character.
- On Sunday artifact domains will have options reducing the loot pool to one of the 5* sets available, similar to the upgrade material domains.
- Ninguang's and Klee's attacks will now properly target and track prey animals.
- The number of icons for map markers has been expanded and a note of up to 128 characters may be added to a marker.
- Qiqi's elemental skill now generates energy and its cooldown has been reduced to 20 seconds.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Two promising glads pieces in the last couple days.

You win some

You lose some (still usable I guess)

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
I managed to 3 star 11-2 somehow thank christ

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

gandlethorpe posted:

Two promising glads pieces in the last couple days.

You win some

You lose some (still usable I guess)

That flower is very usable

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I've been throwing rolls as I get them at the weapon banner and I got Skyward Blade. This weapon seems weird. I'm pretty sure the buff only applies to the character using the weapon, but it has Energy Recharge as a sub-stat so you're probably not going to want to keep a character out with it.

I'm thinking it might be decent on a support Jean? Jean is a kind of weird exception where you might actually choose to leave her out for a while to heal the rest of the party more by whacking things. I think Favonius Sword is probably still better on Bennet, due to being able to give energy to the rest of the party.

edit: For this event, I think it has some weird glitches. During the "fly between wind currents without touching the ground" one I've had several times where it says I lost 5 fecundity to hitting the ground and I'm 100% sure I never touched the ground. I even started off on Zhongli's column just to make sure that it didn't count as me being on the ground for the split second before taking off, and I absolutely never touched the ground after that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rosaria gameplay trailer dropped

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1376746003609481217

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1376750967702491141

Second link if you don't want to open a youtube tab

I'm only just now noticing that she's got those finger claw things that Ningguang has. I wonder what's up with those.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Skyward Blade is definitely Jean's best weapon and also Jean is Skyward Blade's best dude.

Its really pretty too and Jean has lots of flashy swordy attacks.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I’m beginning to think someone at Mihoyo has a fetish around ‘ladies managing their work-life balance.’

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Really annoyed at bounties today. I got a Rockhide Lawachurl at Wuwang Hill which reset its HP twice during the fight and aggro'd a Cicin Mage. The Lawachurl was weak to catalysts, and of course my good catalyst character is Ningguang, so the Cicin was a bigger pain than usual. Why is the aggro range of the bounty target so tiny when it's so mobile! Argh! At least there was an achievement for failing?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

King of Bleh posted:

I’m beginning to think someone at Mihoyo has a fetish around ‘ladies managing their work-life balance.’

It could be a cry from help from a lead designer...

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I think it may be a wish fulfillment thing. I wish I had a good work-life balance :smith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Two new 4*/5* artifact sets showed up in Honey Impact. One's for physical DMG dealers who can deal repeated ele skill damage. The other's for a support who can deal repeated ele skill damage off screen and wants HP (wonder who that could be)

Pale Flame Set
2 Piece - Physical DMG is increased by 25%.
4 Piece - When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, ATK is increased by 6% for 7s. This effect stacks up to 3 times and can be triggered once every 0.3s. Once 3 stacks are reached, the 2-set effect is increased by 100%.

Tenacity of the Millelith Set
2 Piece - HP increased by 20%.
4 Piece - When an Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the ATK of all nearby party members is increased by 20% and their Shield Strength is increased by 30% for 3s. This effect can be triggered once every 0.5s. This effect can still be triggered even when the character who is using this artifact set is not on the field.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't get who the pale flame set is for unless the stack duration gets refreshed. Are BOTH of these sets tailor made for Zhong Li, physical and support???? lol jesus christ enough.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

I don't get who the pale flame set is for unless the stack duration gets refreshed. Are BOTH of these sets tailor made for Zhong Li, physical and support???? lol jesus christ enough.

Pretty sure Razor would absolutely love this.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Pale Flame actually doesn’t seem too bad on Razor (physical DPS with a short ES cooldown) or Physichl.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Razor's E cooldown is 6 seconds which would make stacking it borderline impossible and the set is a downgrade from 2 piece bloodstained + 2 piece new set. Eula's CD is 4 seconds which makes it doable but it would take 20 seconds to reach 3 stacks which seems bad compared to 2+2. It only works on Zhong Li... lol. (and I guess kind of on crescent pike Xiangling but banking on gouba is questionable)

If gaining a stack refreshes duration it would work on all of them (still questionable for razor) and could be really good but I don't think stacks work that way in this game in general.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 30, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

No Wave posted:

Xiangling.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
It seems to me like pale flame would be great for Bennet. Is there something I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everybody loves running phys DPS on characters who contribute nothing to SC