Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sony does not believe in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PlayStation has no life, and limited play it turns out.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
vita means death

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Memento Vita

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

4 hours to Vita! I'm convinced I'm going to get sniped as every other model on ebay is going for at least $30 than what I'm paying right now.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Walla posted:

4 hours to Vita! I'm convinced I'm going to get sniped as every other model on ebay is going for at least $30 than what I'm paying right now.

Are you getting an original or the later LCD model?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Are you getting an original or the later LCD model?

It's a 1001 Slim. Other than that I can't say.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
well the 1001 is the original "fat" and the 2001 is the "slim" so...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't handle ebay auctions I've only ever bought stuff on there with "buy it now"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/docsquiddy/status/1376769196713971716

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I loved Dungeon Keeper 2, so Evil Genius 2 would probably be a good time?

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I played until the penultimate mission of Dishonored 2 not knowing that movement with your weapons out is slower. I picked up a bonecharm that made the speed the same and went "wait, I've been moving slower this whole game?" I put weapons up when walking in non hostile territory but that's only about 5% of the overall game. I feel silly. It was probably in a tooltip at the start that I forgot about.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

well the 1001 is the original "fat" and the 2001 is the "slim" so...

I just know what it's listed as. I guess I'll find out if I win.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

hatty posted:

Memento Vita

Per Aspera Vita Mortis

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

I said come in! posted:

From what I've seen of it so far, it probably would be. It is however very much like the first game in that the focus is less on the base-building per se and more on managing your notoriety while getting world goals completed, though. Dungeon Keeper was a game about building dungeons. Evil Genius is a game about being a Bond villain, the underground base is mostly there for style.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Extremely yes

Its literally Dungeon Keeper Austin Powers

Cardiovorax posted:

From what I've seen of it so far, it probably would be. It is however very much like the first game in that the focus is less on the base-building per se and more on managing your notoriety while getting world goals completed, though. Dungeon Keeper was a game about building dungeons. Evil Genius is a game about being a Bond villain, the underground base is mostly there for style.

The underground base is still pretty important, but there is more of a "world strategy" game too yeah.

But that's like, a worker placement thing. I think the world building is still a big part of the game. But the base is both how you defend yourself from agents (which is similar to dungeon keeper) but also how you train your minions for the worker placement game.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 30, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1376923618391818250?s=20

Ah yes, what we need is to dramatically increase our workload.

I wish this meant it was getting Yakuza treatment, every few years a new Cyberpunk in the same city with new or different content within. Instead it means theyre milking and burning employees faster, worser, harder, stronger.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't handle ebay auctions I've only ever bought stuff on there with "buy it now"

Normally I'm the same, but I decided I'm only willing to spend about $150 on a Vita and every Buy it Now is about $175 or more. If the auction ended this minute I would only pay $148 including shipping so either I get it or I will try again later.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

VideoGames posted:

If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

I have been thinking about this for most of today and currently I am not sure.

Shenmue 2. (I do genuinely like 3 a lot, but I would love a sequel that had the same level of money and resources the first two games had for development)

If we're going for deeper cuts, then Jagged Alliance 2.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
drat, that's a good pick. A real Jagged Alliance 3 that is actually good? That would have some appeal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PunkBoy posted:

Shenmue 2. (I do genuinely like 3 a lot, but I would love a sequel that had the same level of money and resources the first two games had for development)

If we're going for deeper cuts, then Jagged Alliance 2.

:drat: that's cold

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Imagine if the Yakuza team remade Shenmue :stare:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VideoGames posted:

If you could have a sequel to any game ever (and it was guaranteed to be as good as the game you are getting a sequel to) what game would you have?

I have been thinking about this for most of today and currently I am not sure.

A direct sequel to Chrono Trigger, or a sequel to Dark Souls 1 with the same world design. Or Shadow of the Colossus.

But both of those would have to include the caveat that this isn't some monkey's paw "okay but it sucks" business.

Also, Chrono Trigger and Shadow are cool on their own, as self-contained stories. But, if we're talking fantasy.

Simone Magus posted:

That's just Yakuza with a different character name :cheeky: They could use the same engine even. Just swap the hostess minigame for forklift driving.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 30, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Is Shenmue worth playing for first time if you liked Yakuza Kiwami or is it just older and worse for less payoff?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

No real comparison I would say, they're totally different types of game. Shenmue is part of that nebulous genre of "life simulator" more than a Yakuza-style brawler with side activities. It's also not nearly as funny or charming.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

yeah it'd suck, I hope they keep their hands off shenmue

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Dreamworks/status/1376981302730051594

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

3 hours to Vita! Still the top bidder!

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Walla posted:

By the time I get around to hacking the thing, the PS store will be closed because Sony doesn't want my money.

And now it's 5 hours to Vita! I can play Persona 4!

Yea, uhhh, you won't need the ps store after you do that.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I feel fine installing Wii store wads after they shut the store down, I’d say the Vita is fair game after Sony officially abandons it

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Yea, uhhh, you won't need the ps store after you do that.

Is there a thread for that or anything? I know there's a homebrew wii thread, or was at one point.

hatty posted:

I feel fine installing Wii store wads after they shut the store down, I’d say the Vita is fair game after Sony officially abandons it

Pretty much. If they don't want my money and won't make stuff available elsewhere, gently caress em.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

Pretty much. If they don't want my money and won't make stuff available elsewhere, gently caress em.

hatty posted:

This is me as well. I happily still shop on the Wii U and 3DS storefronts. Hell, I was buying games on the PS Store up until last year for the PSP. Now the only way to use the store is through the PSP and we don't have WEP on our wifi so piracy it is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Abandonware"

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Abandonware"

That's what I call my laundry hamper

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was gonna buy innocent sin and some other stuff after I got my vita fixed. :(

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Is Shenmue worth playing for first time if you liked Yakuza Kiwami or is it just older and worse for less payoff?

Yeah different type of game for sure

I'd say only play it if you're interested in an archeology dig through gaming history; it will likely try your patience

But man oh man that English VA

Maybe just watch an LP of it

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

2 hours to Vita! It has a better screen than the PSP?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Walla posted:

It has expensive memory cards and the online store will close in 4 months!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a device you can buy that circumvents the expensive memory cards, but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Walla posted:

Much better. The sticks aren't as painful as the nub on the PSP and the buttons feel slightly better too.

2d art and bright colors look great, Persona 4 is a great example and probably the best game on the system.

The early version has slightly better black levels and viewing angels, but the difference is small.

You can literally download every game released in every region directly on the system if you softmod it