Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

I love how Kroger and Walgreens websites just go 'No openings. gently caress off." And give no option for a wait-list or even scheduling further out...

I'd like to get my 5G shots, but my options seem to be waiting for things to die down or driving two hours up to Lima or Van Wert...

Good thing I don't have to go anywhere and can keep working from home...

Yeah, the "we only schedule a few days in advance" thing is a pain in the rear end. I guess it's a symptom of vaccine availability issues early on, but I feel like supply has to be consistent enough now that they can get rid of it.

Does Discount Drug Mart have locations near you? They have a wait-list for scheduling online. Also, I assume you're in the Dayton-ish area and I remember seeing CVS having appointments around there pretty consistently.

Also the mass vaccination sites add appointments 2 times a day so it's worth checking back on them often.

Edit: There's also the option of calling pharmacies near you to ask to be on their cancellation list. There's even a site that's essentially trying to combine the process all into one location:
https://hidrb.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

They should absolutely release the formula or whatever the hell they were talking about releasing so everybody else can be making it, minimum.

I wanna make my own vaccine. I hear it's super safe and easy.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

I pass through Van Wert a couple times a year (when there wasn't a plague on) and gently caress you if you think I'm driving up to that poo poo hole to have some slack jawed farmhand jab me with a needle.

I can keep isolating while waiting for a 15 minute drive option to open up.

hi it looks like my first opportunity to get a vaccine may actually be when I take a 13 hour flight to the states to visit my family for the first time in 18 months

so you don't have to tell me about taking a long trip to a poo poo hole to get a vaccine

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

greazeball posted:

hi it looks like my first opportunity to get a vaccine may actually be when I take a 13 hour flight to the states to visit my family for the first time in 18 months

so you don't have to tell me about taking a long trip to a poo poo hole to get a vaccine

lol same

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

All you need is a pinch of trimethyl chitosan, a scoop of sodium triphosphate, plain old sodium chloride, deionized water and sodium bicarbonate (you probably even have these in your cupboard already) plus the magic ingredient, a sprinkle of synthetic peptides. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

https://radvac.org/materials-and-equipment/

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I pass through Van Wert a couple times a year (when there wasn't a plague on) and gently caress you if you think I'm driving up to that poo poo hole to have some slack jawed farmhand jab me with a needle.

Hi, slack-jawed farmhand here who knows what a loving hyphen is. I vaccinate and give medication to animals via IM (how this is delivered) all the time. I'd literally rather have a farmhand smack me with one of these than the pharmacist who gave me no warning and was kind of a jackass about it.

Well, gently caress me standing. I'm finally in 10% of something.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

imagine going through the trauma of this year and the last and saying you don’t want a vaccine until they can deliver it faster than a pizza

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Fallom posted:

imagine going through the trauma of this year and the last and saying you don’t want a vaccine until they can deliver it faster than a pizza

God can you imagine if this had occured twenty years ago? Even ten?

We've managed to create and widely manufacturer vaccines with literal miracle levels of effectiveness in less than a year from when the pandemic started and it's still not good enough apparently.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I don't want the vaccine until I can hit a button on an app and someone instantly breaks into my home and jabs me.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

God can you imagine if this had occured twenty years ago? Even ten?

We've managed to create and widely manufacturer vaccines with literal miracle levels of effectiveness in less than a year from when the pandemic started and it's still not good enough apparently.

I like to imagine a news person telling us, in 2019, that over half a million people would be dead but disney world is still open, so we have that, I guess.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Releasing the formula means other counties that don’t currently have vaccine access could start producing it with their own pharmaceutical production capacity for their own citizens.

It’s a good idea both from a humanitarian view and to reduce the chance we get hosed by a vaccine resistant variant a year from now that’d developed because we let the virus keep running buck wild in other counties.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Not everyone can take off half a day to drive two hours each way to get the vaccine. Especially if it's one you'll need to get a second dose. Is there mandatory PTO for vaccination yet?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

yook posted:

Releasing the formula means other counties that don’t currently have vaccine access could start producing it with their own pharmaceutical production capacity for their own citizens.

It’s a good idea both from a humanitarian view and to reduce the chance we get hosed by a vaccine resistant variant a year from now that’d developed because we let the virus keep running buck wild in other counties.

yes, but what would our shareholders think???

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
But then we'd risk not having to produce a new vaccine every 6 months!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

yook posted:

It sounds nice, but it's more academic than humanitarian. I find it very unlikely any country without vaccine 'access' will have the production capacity or capability to produce and store any useful amount of mRNA vaccines. The countries at the back of queue will almost certainly be vaccinated wholly by AZ/Sinovac et al. or whatever is in the COVAX pot.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Guy Axlerod posted:

Not everyone can take off half a day to drive two hours each way to get the vaccine. Especially if it's one you'll need to get a second dose. Is there mandatory PTO for vaccination yet?
Depends on the state. In NY you get up to 4 hours off per dose.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Over the weekend pretty much every place around here switched to the "anyone 18 or older" phase on the state's vaccine watch thingy. I signed up for a few places but I guess I'm still waiting to get contacted.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Just got my second jab, and the air force private who administered it asked if I was ready for the johnson and johnson. I was like “but my first shot was pfizer.” And he said “um, the FDA approved it, or rather recommends that the second shot be j&j.” I looked at him quizzically and he asked if he still had my consent. I said yeah sure whatever, and he said “really, you seem nervous bro....ahhh i’m just messing with you, yeah it’s pfizer.”

Cool that the air force has plenty of the ‘funny guys in the office’

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

Head Bee Guy posted:

Just got my second jab, and the air force private who administered it asked if I was ready for the johnson and johnson. I was like “but my first shot was pfizer.” And he said “um, the FDA approved it, or rather recommends that the second shot be j&j.” I looked at him quizzically and he asked if he still had my consent. I said yeah sure whatever, and he said “really, you seem nervous bro....ahhh i’m just messing with you, yeah it’s pfizer.”

Cool that the air force has plenty of the ‘funny guys in the office’

Jesus. I'll never understand people who think that "ha ha, I got you to believe my pointless lie" constitutes humor. See also: nearly any "prank" these days.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Just lol if you didn't find that funny

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cthulu Carl posted:

good to see even people in Ohio look down on Ohio

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If you're still on a wait-list and don't mind driving, cvs shows which cities still have appointments open in your state. They don't seem to do wait-list though, just active signups and their website sucks.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

good to see even people in Ohio look down on Ohio

I would move but it wouldn't be right to force metastatic Ohio on any other population.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

I would move but it wouldn't be right to force metastatic Ohio on any other population.

y'all are like canadians. Mostly nice and polite. None of that weird high contact poo poo deep southerners do

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Canada and Germany suspends use of AZ vaccine in under-55s.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Saalkin posted:

I don't want the vaccine until I can hit a button on an app and someone instantly breaks into my home and jabs me.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/923980644245540866?s=20

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Guy Axlerod posted:

Lol, I wish, I burned nearly all my PTO for the year on it between having to take time to actually get it and taking time for the side effects.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

y'all are like canadians. Mostly nice and polite. None of that weird high contact poo poo deep southerners do

That's just the surface camouflage that covers the inner core of dullness that pervades Ohioans who have stayed in-state too long.

The county health department is doing a drive-through vaccination clinic at the fairgrounds and a 15 minute drive is preferable to a two hour one, so I signed up.

It's the Moderna shot, does that still give me 5G and and overpowering lust for Bill Gates?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Just got my first poke! :toot:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I think one of the interesting things about the UK getting their vaccine program up and running so quick is that now, thanks to the wonders of the internet, tons of non-Brits are calling vaccines jabs.

It’s overwhelming my “watched too much doctor who and Sherlock” detectors with a bunch of false negatives.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cthulu Carl posted:

That's just the surface camouflage that covers the inner core of dullness that pervades Ohioans who have stayed in-state too long.

The county health department is doing a drive-through vaccination clinic at the fairgrounds and a 15 minute drive is preferable to a two hour one, so I signed up.

It's the Moderna shot, does that still give me 5G and and overpowering lust for Bill Gates?

nah mostly douche chills

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i wouldnt mind it so much imo, if it were a sexy hot studly farmhand who gave me the shot and then smooches the injection site.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
idk man, if he smooches too hard on the injection site you might lose some vax and not get the full 5G. If all I wanted was 4G, I'd just keep using my phone. :shrug:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Plant MONSTER. posted:

i wouldnt mind it so much imo, if it were a sexy hot studly farmhand who gave me the shot and then smooches the injection site.

injected in the butt by a sexy farmhand whose also a pharmacist

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Saalkin posted:

Why wouldn't you just unlock the door first?

Alan Smithee posted:

injected in the butt by a sexy farmhand whose also a pharmacist

I'm sensing a Chuck Tingle novel coming on.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

bradzilla posted:

I'm glad :)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Chuck Tingle I think has already written a pandemic book.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Guess the date went well.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Chuck Tingle I think has already written a pandemic book.

He just published one about the Ever Given; dude knows how to stay on top of the zeitgeist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Got first dose today of Pfizer today in Virginia. Took longer than I expected because there were so many people, although it was well organized and the lines were moving quickly. Seemed to be a lot of college students and other young people. Virginia has had a relatively smooth roll-out so I think most of the olds got theirs already.

Not feeling much yet other than a slightly sore arm.