Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is that ioan or Loan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Which Central team will have the courage to change their stadium name to Save Big Money at Menards

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Estadio del Dicks Deportes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

Which Central team will have the courage to change their stadium name to Save Big Money at Menards

At this rate the Ricketts will jump all over that poo poo.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Farm & Fleet Stadium vs Fleet Farm Field

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Wrigley Stadium presents your Save Big Money at Menards Cubs of Chicago!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So the Marlins Park name change isn't even the worst name change in the city

The soon-to-be-former American Airlines Arena (we call it the Triple-A down here), is going to be renamed FTX Arena. That's the Miami Heat's arena. The naming rights were purchased last week by a Chinese crypto outfit that isn't even authorized to operate within the US.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/1376998138368598017

I thought you were cool Mookie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sigh

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No actually it's not a personal decision.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Popete posted:

No actually it's not a personal decision.

The personal decision of "am I a loving insane idiot or am I a decent human?"

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Please move his locker further away from Bauer's.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

more like Poopie Butts

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

loving dogshit.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

welp

This is especially galling considering the Dodgers stance last year. The players reportedly took a very serious stance on covid protocols because they felt doing so was a prerequisite for winning. They didn't want an outbreak to derail their season. But now apparently this logic doesn't apply to vaccination.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What a loving dumbshit.

Let's talk about a cool player instead who you're going to get to see commit roughly a billion goofy errors at 3B this year:

https://twitter.com/MarkZuckerman/status/1376185258538860548

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I miss you Starlin.

If the Cubs are going to tank and dump all their fun players at least bring back my dude for a reunion. It's not like Starlin isn't used to playing on terrible Cubs teams.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Andrew Vaughn made the White Sox's 26 man roster

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Great American Ballpark brought to you by Skyline Chili

Make it happen, Reds.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1377021117123207168

good guy peter

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Roommate posited that Mookie may simply not want to make any kind of vaccine comment because the Dodgers have vocal anti-vaxxer(s) in the clubhouse and he doesn't want to start poo poo. But idk even if that's the case it's a really bad look and if these guys actually want to play ball and win they should be coming together to dogpile any dipshits in clubhouse trying to push anti-vax poo poo.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Chief McHeath posted:

Great American Ballpark brought to you by Skyline Chili

Make it happen, Reds.

GABP is already named after an insurance company, it just sounds like they named it like a six flags attraction

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

Roommate posited that Mookie may simply not want to make any kind of vaccine comment because the Dodgers have vocal anti-vaxxer(s) in the clubhouse and he doesn't want to start poo poo. But idk even if that's the case it's a really bad look and if these guys actually want to play ball and win they should be coming together to dogpile any dipshits in clubhouse trying to push anti-vax poo poo.
Agreed, it's a bad look and doesn't bode well if the whole clubhouse is bending over backwards to accommodate Bauer's bullshit.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Wasn't Mookie also one of the guys who was saying how they wanted covid positive Justin Turner out on the field? Bauer might not be changing the team culture at all or need to be catered to specifically.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wasn't there a reporter that tweeted a few months ago that they asked a bunch of baseball players if they would get the vaccine and well over half said no? MLB is full of chuds.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

They all said they wanted JT out on the field, I don't think that correlates to a position on the vaccine or the virus in general. They'd all been in a supposed bubble with JT for like 3 weeks at that point. I think most of those guys were ok complying with the protocols all season because they saw it as a necessary precondition for winning a championship (there were articles written about this claiming the Dodgers clubhouse specifically took things more seriously than many other teams right from the start last year). Once that goal was finally realized, particularly in the euphoria of the moment, they didn't care about covid protocols. It wasn't great, but it was an understandable human reaction to the circumstances. Thankfully no one else appears to have been infected by that incident.

But now we're at the start of another season, one in which they claim to have a collective goal of becoming the first team to repeat in two decades. I would have expected they'd see a similar need to be diligent about avoiding an outbreak in pursuit of that goal.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Goddamnit, Mookie.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvsrfKH8O8U

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Looks like Red Sox won the trade after all

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

FlamingLiberal posted:

Andrew Vaughn made the White Sox's 26 man roster

*Theater voice guy* - playing the role of Eloy this year, Andrew Vaughn

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The next few months are gonna out a whoooooooole lotta chud/idiot players you wouldn’t have expected as one by one they refuse to get the vaccine.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1377095949776875521

Lindor should really take this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lindor's definitely getting bad advice - that's solid market value for him.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The next few months are gonna out a whoooooooole lotta chud/idiot players you wouldn’t have expected as one by one they refuse to get the vaccine.

Lol if you don't expect them all to be chuds

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I am so pumped for baseball tomorrow.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

Wasn't there a reporter that tweeted a few months ago that they asked a bunch of baseball players if they would get the vaccine and well over half said no? MLB is full of chuds.

And it’s not just the chuds. Many pro athletes are extremely superstitious and prone to believing in unscientific bullshit when it comes to medicine, that has to correlate well with anti-vax mentality.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Lol if you don't expect them all to be chuds

Antivaxx isn't limited to chud though. It's a plague that knows no political affiliation only antiscience.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Both of these are true, the Mets deal is fair and Lindor has every right to see what free agency holds. That being said, I don't think Lindor's going to get that much more by going into free agency - especially with a potential labor stoppage coming.

I hope he has an MVP quality season either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm still loving really upset that Mo Rivera is a chud.