Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Holy poo poo I won! For less than $150 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Walla posted:

Congratulations on getting the vita.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
fuckin poppin corks irl what a ride holy poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Walla posted:

:supaburn::supaburn:LET'S GO

CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE:supaburn::supaburn:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Shinjobi posted:

:supaburn::supaburn:LET'S GO

CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE:supaburn::supaburn:

April Chat Thread - Holy poo poo I Won!

:)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > April Means Life

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Downright nostalgic seeing that gif again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

please, it's still warch

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why is that girl so nonplussed

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I think there is an irony to Nintendo bringing powerful portables to prominence, resulting in the Vita's resurrection, just as Sony kills it for good

Jay Rust posted:

Seeing as the Vita is the size of her head, I believe she is unhappy with the sheer size of it, and she would much prefer the size of the PSP.

Hard to believe, but once upon a time the Vita was considered to be absolutely gigantic.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 31, 2021

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

She just bought a Vita

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Welcome to the Life club walla. You’ll want an sd2vita off Amazon

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Welcome to the Life club walla. You’ll want an sd2vita off Amazon

And a new charger and maybe a digitizer. The charger is in rough shape and the screen has a ton of light scratches. Also an SD card. Dammit.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xedo posted:

Downright nostalgic seeing that gif again.

if there's an original that isn't that I have never seen it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the only vita game I could want is the muramasa remaster

I’d like to think the library being nixed will result in a new port but I’m not holding my breath

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Walla posted:

And a new charger and maybe a digitizer. The charger is in rough shape and the screen has a ton of light scratches. Also an SD card. Dammit.

It's acrylic, so most of em will have some light screen scratches. You can get a glass screen protector to mitigate further scratches and minimize existing ones. Also you don't really need the OEM charger, just the USB cables on amazon are fine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I just beat Fallen Order, that was dope as poo poo.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Amnesia: Rebirth launched a no-enemies mode today. Neat! I really like Rebirth. Not enough to immediately replay it, but it was a good experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlOyhsoUE9s

quote:

When we released “Safe mode” for SOMA some years ago we didn’t really know how it would be received or if it would make a difference at all to the players out there. Today we know that it was well worth the effort and that the mode allowed a whole new audience to experience the game. We got a lot of player feedback from people appreciating SOMA’s safe mode, and nearly every single interview leading up to the release of Amnesia: Rebirth contained the question “Will it come with a safe mode?”. This indicates to us that the mode has had an important influence on SOMA’s reception. Now, we’ve created something very similar for Rebirth.

Safe mode allowed players to take in SOMA’s narrative, atmosphere, story and theme, without having to worry about monsters attacking them. And even though Amnesia: Rebirth has a foundation in the same kind of horror that once made Amnesia: The Dark Descent so successful, the game shares many characteristics with SOMA.

With Adventure Mode we hope that new players, that have a hard time handling horror as a genre, will get to experience Tasi’s story. That they will get to immerse themselves in the character and the unforgiving environments of Rebirth, as they fight for survival for themselves and those closest to them

Here’s a summary of the features that comes with the new Adventure Mode:
Monsters still exist in the game but they won’t attack you anymore.
Locations that contained pitch black darkness have been brightened up a lot, making environments possible to explore at one’s own pace, allowing for easier navigation and removes some of the oppressive atmosphere.
No active fear mechanic, meaning that you don’t have to worry about taking fear from being in darker areas or near monsters.
A few bonus puzzles.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It's acrylic, so most of em will have some light screen scratches. You can get a glass screen protector to mitigate further scratches and minimize existing ones. Also you don't really need the OEM charger, just the USB cables on amazon are fine.

Do the different model vitas use different chargers?

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
yep only the 1000 needs a special cable, the 2000 is microusb

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Pringles made a flavor based on a halo creature

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/AWFULfanPOSTERS/status/1377070716001079301?s=20

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

Are all those Halo Infinite codes going to be still redeemable when the game comes out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’ve worked up a big grunty thirst! ...for monster energy

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

FirstAidKite posted:

the taste just floods your mouth

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Previously on Persona 5 Strikers:

Mainly an excuse to pair with the beer lol. Miso/gochujang-flavored broth, minced pork/beef, spinach, kimchi, softboiled egg, nori, green onion. Next time I will go full Sapporo maybe: add corn, bean sprouts, and a pat of butter

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

the game comes out

This is a big assumption

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I miss Bravely Default and Bravely Second’s crazy meta twists. Any recs for games that have similar plot twists? (spoiler-free obvs) I liked what the Zero Escape trilogy did, and Gnosia is downloading right now.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

I miss Bravely Default and Bravely Second’s crazy meta twists. Any recs for games that have similar plot twists? (spoiler-free obvs) I liked what the Zero Escape trilogy did, and Gnosia is downloading right now.

13 Sentinels Baby

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

13 Sentinels Baby

That needs to come to other consoles.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

When Switch :byodood:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Congrats Walla!

Pollyanna posted:

Someone already said the right answer, how bout AI The Somnium Files?

Waffleman_ posted:

I just beat Fallen Order, that was dope as poo poo.

Hell yeah it was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Fallen Order was good but holy hell does it need fast travel

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Pollyanna posted:

Ar nosurge!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wuggles posted:

Someone already said the right answer, how bout AI The Somnium Files?

Oh right that one I’ll add ittttt

I didn’t play Ar nosurge myself but it and Ciel nosurge did it pretty well!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
do the nosurge games live up to the heights of ar tonelico 2

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

do the nosurge games live up to the heights of ar tonelico 2

For ar nosurge, the gameplay isn't quite as good, but story and character-wise, definitely.
I've mentioned this before but it has overall the best hymnos imo

They didn't translate ciel nosurge so I dunno about that one

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is there a way to make Enter the Gungeon automatically reload when you reach the end of a clip without having to release the fire button and press it again? Because that’s really annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I played Halo Reach Invasion with a friend who hadn't played in years. It matched us with a stack of top ranked players and a hacker.

Thanks 343