Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

euphoriaphone just got a sixer with this as a reason:
"Don't do the thing where you pull posts from d&d. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3958552&pagenumber=599&perpage=40#post513621197

so is posting posts alright or not?
qcs meltdowns over being made fun of should be handled with a probe/ban to the person who's melting down

there are artful ways of making fun of libs on these forums without being specific enough to catch a probe.

but lol at the qcs crybabies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

The unsourced d&d thing is extra funny because the people who make the unsourced quotes can't help but tell on themselves in QCS

I care not from where the succ is sourced, I care only to read the succ

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Yinlock posted:

stretching my hands out to capture a mere wisp of the sheer dedication to a legendarily bad account

These were posters, trained cadres. These posters who posted with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love, but they had the strength, the strength to do that.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
can we post international succ?

quote:

No room for elitists and purists in a united opposition in 2022

To defeat President Rodrigo Duterte’s anointed one in 2022, opposition forces must leave their ivory towers.

That line alone will certainly raise not a few eyebrows among those who identify themselves as part of the dissenting voices against Duterte. But this is the reality that the newly-formed 1Sambayan coalition must grapple with if they are to succeed in their goal of fielding a united slate in the next presidential elections.

“We have discussed this, again and again, and this is the understanding of everybody: That unless we are united, we cannot win in 2022,” said lead convenor Antonio Carpio, retired Supreme Court associate justice, during their group’s launch on March 18.

Questions have been raised if supporters of Vice President Leni Robredo would ever settle for anything less than a presidential candidacy for her. Others refused to consider moderates like Senator Grace Poe and Manila Mayor Isko Moreno even if they are on the list of the 1Sambayan convenors.

Never mind the President’s own supporters belittling 1Sambayan; there are those within the opposition movement who say the coalition is just another political farce by the same old elites.

But for political science professor Carmel Abao of the Ateneo de Manila University, insisting on ideologies would only lead to 1Sambayan’s downfall. To win, the convenors – and their supporters, most specially – must be tactical, ready to make sacrifices for the sake of the greater good.

“You insist on ideology alone, you’re not really going to unify, so I think people shouldn’t be looking for ideological allies,” Abao told Rappler. “They should be looking for tactical allies. All I’m saying is that, those in that room need more allies. It cannot be just them.”

Before facing the well-oiled machinery of the Duterte administration’s bet in 2022, the 1Sambayan coalition must first overcome the faults of its own people.

For now, what binds 1Sambayan’s convenors together is their collective rejection of the abuses of the Duterte regime – from extrajudicial killings in the bloody drug war to the President selling out to China.

Good governance and competence were the buzzwords during 1Sambayan’s launch. The plan is to select the final slate by subjecting potential bets to a vetting process, where they would be screened based on their track record, “upright” stand on key issues, platforms, and winnability.

The danger here, argued governance expert Michael Yusingco from the Ateneo School of Government, is 1Sambayan getting stuck in the anti-Duterte narrative. They could end up failing to articulate the specific programs they can offer to the people – much like what happened to the LP-led Otso Diretso slate in 2019.

“That’s actually one of the problems of Otso Diretso – their grandstanding [overshadowed] their platform… So this is exactly what the 1Sambayan should avoid,” said Yusingco

The Otso Diretso bets focused on attacking Duterte, instead of presenting themselves as the better alternative to the senatorial candidates whom the President was endorsing. They even resorted to a publicity stunt with a jet ski and a boat docked at a pier to showcase their intent to protect the West Philippine Sea from the Chinese military.

There’s much to be disgruntled about with Duterte, the misogynist president whose government could not stop the coronavirus infection of hundreds of thousands of Filipinos. Yet Duterte remains popular among ordinary Filipinos, who remain averse to confrontational politics and prioritize livelihood and survival over everything else.

So what can 1Sambayan do? Stick to a clear post-pandemic plan, suggested Yusingco, because the Duterte administration has clearly failed to address the COVID-19 crisis.

Escaping the trap of the anti-Duterte narrative also means hinging the platform not just on competence, but seeking accountability from officials who fail to be competent.

It is also quite clear that the 1Sambayan coalition is glued together by the convenors’ deep respect for the triumvirate that is Carpio, former ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales, and ex-foreign secretary Albert del Rosario.

Other convenors include La Sallian Brother Armin Luistro, retired rear admiral Rommel Jude Ong, lawyer Howie Calleja, former Negros Occidental governor Lito Coscolluela, former Commission on Audit commissioner Heidi Mendoza, Partido Manggagawa chair Renato Magtubo, and Ricky Xavier of the People’s Choice Movement.

But it has to be said: a mother struggling to feed her children in the slums of Tondo will not be able to relate with the legal luminaries in 1Sambayan. Would she care about the Chinese military ships on Philippine territory if she can’t even buy a kilo of rice for her children?

In 2022, the opposition can no longer afford to be elitist and out of touch with reality.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Pepperoneedy posted:

These were posters, trained cadres. These posters who posted with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love, but they had the strength, the strength to do that.

I post not with my keyboard, but my heart

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

qcs is often hilarious

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Doctor Jeep posted:

"Don't do the thing where you pull posts from d&d. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3958552&pagenumber=599&perpage=40#post513621197

qcs meltdowns over being made fun of should be handled with a probe/ban to the person who's melting down

idk i would trust the thread ik more than me, i dont keep up w this thread too carefully.

cspams major threads have more posters/lurkers/activity than a lot of smaller subforums as a whole, so they develop their own cultures and norms. if a thread has iks, those iks are more involved and better sources of wisdom than any mods

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

oh that was flavius

idk just follow yr heart

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

your right, mods suck

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

do u guys remember when you could get probed for homophobia in d&d if you ever suggested gaetz was loving Nestor, the same aged guy he adopted for totally normal non sexual reasons?

lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
They had to stop once they realized it could be weaponized against Glenn

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Squizzew posted:

oh... that was fwavius UwU

idk just fowwow uw heawt owo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

do u guys remember when you could get probed for homophobia in d&d if you ever suggested gaetz was loving Nestor, the same aged guy he adopted for totally normal non sexual reasons?

lol

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Nix Panicus posted:

I post not with my keyboard, but my heart

I post with my butt

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

papa horny michael posted:

They had to stop once they realized it could be weaponized against Glenn

gleb?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Doctor Jeep posted:

can you cspam mods grow a goddamn spine and ignore the whines from the most bitchmade people on the planet

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol

I saw a blue check tweet that I can't find that was like "make fun of geatz without being homophobic challenge"

lol

I don't think he's gay I think he just likes kids no matter the gender

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:actually: it's ephebophilia

( user was not put on probation for this post )

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can you cspam mods grow a goddamn spine and ignore the whines from the most bitchmade people on the planet

sorry that is not possible at this time

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i dont want to put you on my ignore list tho

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Rekt by squizzle a pissybaby

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DnD? Not on my forums.

lol

I remember when calling someone a poo poo sucker would get you slapped for homophobia.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

DnD? Not on my forums.

I remember when calling someone a poo poo sucker would get you slapped for homophobia.

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the subforum "D&D". you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Squizzle posted:

idk i would trust the thread ik more than me, i dont keep up w this thread too carefully

yeah definitely man. the squizzle mod philosophy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1376552976047820805

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1376950399232573442

looks like Obama is using his phone again

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

gandlethorpe posted:

Omg, interthread drama is the loving dumbest. Can we all have an aneurysm about something else?

Like this

https://twitter.com/TheOvalPawffice/status/1377010149295022083

Trump should have won

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

what if you put stupid dnd posts on twitter first and then posted them here

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Imagining the Biden doggo twitter but it's Champ and Major viciously attacking people, mauling BLM protestors, terrorizing kids at the concentration camps, etc, but still with cutesy pupper speak though.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

what if you put stupid dnd posts on twitter first and then posted them here

sounds like a victimless crime to me

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rectal Death Adept posted:

alright, someone break out the dictionary.

No, not that dictionary

No, not that dictionary

No, not that dictionary

NO. NOT THAT DICTIONARY.

FASCIST DICTIONARY. gently caress.

There we go. :smug: I don't see any bars or wires. Do you?

Yes, people are more than "unhappy." Do you know how we know that? From the actual reporting that has been happening and from the immigrant advocacy organizations fighting on this issue for weeks. Not from the photos, which add nothing of substance to the conversation.

No one is saying conditions are good. No one is saying that the situation is acceptable. What I am saying is that empty quoting photos at people is not actual evidence, which we DO have and WERE discussing before these stupid photos consumed all the oxygen by completely derailing any productive conversation

Just as an example- how can you use these photos as evidence that the facilities are overcrowded? In the photo with the most transparent view of people's faces, I count 42 people. How do we know there are 400 unaccompanied male minors? Where did this claim come from? Well, we don't know. Maybe the person who sent the photos also told him that perhaps he got it directly from the Biden admin. Perhaps he got it from a Facebook group he's part of. Without any clear sourcing on the photos, he can say whatever he wants about the conditions and be seen as an authority because he "provided photos" which he did not take himself.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Mar 31, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
productive conversation, like they're coming up with action items to take up the chain and actually do something about the situation, lmao

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol, a d&d account posting screens like the Goons_TXT account

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Jeep posted:

:sickos:

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Yes, people are more than "unhappy." Do you know how we know that? From the actual reporting that has been happening and from the immigrant advocacy organizations fighting on this issue for weeks. Not from the photos, which add nothing of substance to the conversation.

No one is saying conditions are good. No one is saying that the situation is acceptable. What I am saying is that empty quoting photos at people is not actual evidence, which we DO have and WERE discussing before these stupid photos consumed all the oxygen by completely derailing any productive conversation

Just as an example- how can you use these photos as evidence that the facilities are overcrowded? In the photo with the most transparent view of people's faces, I count 42 people. How do we know there are 400 unaccompanied male minors? Where did this claim come from? Well, we don't know. Maybe the person who sent the photos also told him that perhaps he got it directly from the Biden admin. Perhaps he got it from a Facebook group he's part of. Without any clear sourcing on the photos, he can say whatever he wants about the conditions and be seen as an authority because he "provided photos" which he did not take himself.

Alan Dershowitz is on the case!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

When you really think about it, due to quantum flux, nothing can really be stated to be objectively true or false.

Except the things I want to believe that is.

The ability to think like this basically makes me invincible. Nothing can bother me if I don't want it to. No argument is plausible unless I want it to be. I am a genius.

This is the ideal debate tactic. You may not like it but this is what peak posting performance looks like.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Mar 31, 2021

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Doctor Jeep posted:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Prefab tunnels, yet another thing that Europe can somehow accomplish and america never will in its current condition.

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1371620145458786305?s=19

uh no we've been doin this for a couple decades now, this method is called a "slide-in" bridge

frequently they'll go in even faster if it's underneath rail instead of a highway you need to stage traffic across

maybe some of the smaller states can't swing it, but i can tell you it's not unusual to do this kinda rapid construction staging in california

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
"children" in "cages" they're short adults and i see no chainlink fencing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
when you think about it no fundamental particles of the universe can truly be "caged" by any others. In a universal sense these "Caged" "Children" are no more different than you or I. Simply drifting along toward what we should really be worried about. The heat death of the universe.