Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I've started playing Doom Eternal and it is cool and good.

I am really bad at swapping weapons, either using the hotkeys or Q. I usually hit a key and just live with whatever comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tangents posted:

I've started playing Doom Eternal and it is cool and good.

I am really bad at swapping weapons, either using the hotkeys or Q. I usually hit a key and just live with whatever comes out.

It should be noted that, unless you're playing on some of the harder difficulties, the game doesn't really necessitate weapon swapping. It can make some sections easier if you use the weapons that certain demons are weaker to, but you can otherwise pick a couple favorites and mow through the game with them. I made it through the latter half of the game using almost nothing besides the rocket launcher and super shotgun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Look at these spring seasonal pets from wizgame

Adorable

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Mallow reminded me of how I played Super Mario RPG all the way through as a kid but it wasn't until I replayed it years later that I had the realization that his name is a pun beyond just looking like a Marshmallow and being named Mallow. He grew up with tadpoles in the marsh. He's a marsh Mallow.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jolo posted:

Mallow reminded me of how I played Super Mario RPG all the way through as a kid but it wasn't until I replayed it years later that I had the realization that his name is a pun beyond just looking like a Marshmallow and being named Mallow. He grew up with tadpoles in the marsh. He's a marsh Mallow.

Oh my god

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jolo posted:

Which just makes me wonder how much better the puns are in Japanese.

Looking for it, it seems his name is about the same, although there's a lot of stuff from the JP version missing: https://legendsoflocalization.com/the-pop-culture-obsessed-monsters-in-japanese-super-mario-rpg/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Walla posted:

Holy poo poo I won! For less than $150 too.

AAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAA :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jolo posted:

I think I need to go lay down for a bit. Oh my god.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love my robocycle dog

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I went straight to bed last night after my stream but I want to thank those who watched and chose to watch Dark Souls 2 over playing Disco elysium for a few hours.

Did DLC 1 (aside from the optional co-op area!) and goodness the Sinh the Slumbering boss fight has been one of my most favourite in the whole game so far! I had three summons and we were locked in a full on fight and running around the arena and goodness it was excellent.

Also DLC2 from just the opening part is my favourite area in DS2. The ashen floor, the ashen idol, the HUGE chain you have to walk across, it is amazing :D It being part of Iron Keep (another area I really enjoyed) makes so much sense. I am also fully aware this DLC has the toughest boss in the game and I know their name, just not what to expect!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
DLC3 is good too but DLC2 is my favorite part of DS2 :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DLC3 has probably the worst place in the entire series though. Like, so awful that I don't think even VG would dig it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

haveblue posted:

Is there a way to make Enter the Gungeon automatically reload when you reach the end of a clip without having to release the fire button and press it again? Because that’s really annoying

Bind reload to R3, rebind blanks to L3 only. Way way easier to play when you don't have to take your thumb off the right stick.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

VideoGames posted:

I went straight to bed last night after my stream but I want to thank those who watched and chose to watch Dark Souls 2 over playing Disco elysium for a few hours.

Did DLC 1 (aside from the optional co-op area!) and goodness the Sinh the Slumbering boss fight has been one of my most favourite in the whole game so far! I had three summons and we were locked in a full on fight and running around the arena and goodness it was excellent.

Also DLC2 from just the opening part is my favourite area in DS2. The ashen floor, the ashen idol, the HUGE chain you have to walk across, it is amazing :D It being part of Iron Keep (another area I really enjoyed) makes so much sense. I am also fully aware this DLC has the toughest boss in the game and I know their name, just not what to expect!

I was glad I got to help with Elana but it was hilarious when I got dunked so earlier into the Sinh fight.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was fun but multiple times I was spinning out because of how the main guy is just straight up Cameron Monaghan who is real and strong and my friend. Its hard to explain but in cutscenes my brain kept popping between "this is live action" and "this is CGI" and it was a weird feeling.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

DLC3 has probably the worst place in the entire series though. Like, so awful that I don't think even VG would dig it.

This intrigues me greatly!

Draga posted:

I was glad I got to help with Elana but it was hilarious when I got dunked so earlier into the Sinh fight.

That first attempt was awesome though! We had wicked fun and I loved it! It is always a trip for me to run over a summon sign and see one of you guys waiting :D

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

please, friends, give me bingo prompts

I'm keeping most of Cheetah's but adding more squares so people's boards will be different

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 31, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Pwnstar posted:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order was fun but multiple times I was spinning out because of how the main guy is just straight up Cameron Monaghan who is real and strong and my friend. Its hard to explain but in cutscenes my brain kept popping between "this is live action" and "this is CGI" and it was a weird feeling.
The cutscenes make the characters look so realistic it genuinely is a bit eerie at times.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

New Super Metis posted:

I'm keeping most of Cheetah's but adding more squares so people's boards will be different

Well, there has to be something about Vita posts due to recent events itt

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Well, there has to be something about Vita posts due to recent events itt

"eulogise the vita" has been added

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

New Super Metis posted:

Random thoughts here Metis grab any you think are useful:

- Post a videogame related thing you have made yourself

- Effort post about your favourite game OST, covering at least three songs

- Post a gif/clip of you doing something cool in a game

- Post about your earliest gaming memory

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
-buy a copy of Pokemon snap for your friend sexrex

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Give Mode 7 the motivation he needs to make it through the remaining 8.5 hrs of his night shift.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
See a post about wizard101 (free space)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Mode 7 posted:

Give Mode 7 the motivation he needs to make it through the remaining 8.5 hrs of his night shift.
Can't be done, that shouldn't be in the bingo.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

-Souls posting

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mode 7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC6WgHaU3vY

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Mode 7 posted:

You can do it!! I believe in you!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i... think i beat rise?? legitimately unsure, as to my monster hunting status. I kinda got the impression the game was not entirely finished, and its a bigger victim of covid than they had let on, but if that's how the game actually ends until the april patch that's a little hosed lmao. big cliffhanger cutscene followed by the guild rep saying "okay let's take a break before the final battle", with the quest board left in a state that would usually imply that something will happen if you keep playing. I had heard that it ended in "to be continued" but they don't even give you that much lmao.

amazing game though, the current final boss I'm fairly confident is the second or third most absurd fight in all of monster hunter. a big dragon holding a magic floating rock that makes it almost impossible to fight on the ground, but really takes advantage of the wirebug stuff in a way that they've never really capitalized on with some of the new features in the last couple games. turns into kind of a platformer with mechanics and attack patterns that are unlike anything else in this game or in any other monhan. very exciting fight, but probably will be a pain to farm

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Zaphod42 posted:

:drat: that's cold

Yeah, maybe I was being too harsh. I do like Shemue 3 a lot, but I just played through 1 and started 2 again, and they make me wish 3 had an actual complete combat system, especially since it gets really combat heavy by the end.

Also I miss the actual Sega arcade games.

The exploration stuff in 3 I liked just as much for the most part (except for the obviously truncated last section).

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 31, 2021

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Can't be done, that shouldn't be in the bingo.

New Super Metis posted:

You can do it!! I believe in you!

Thanks folks :unsmith:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

AAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAA :supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Ikr? I have a SD2Vita and a fresh SD card on the way. This time next week I'll own a Vita! :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MGS4: This whole rail shooter chase sequence in chapter 2 is so close to being awesome but all the load screen interruptions just kill it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOLY poo poo RAIDEN :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dual foot wielding katanas what the gently caress :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok apologies for the quadruple posting but this Vamp/Raiden fight is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen

e: And it just got way too horny :stonk:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
everything I have read about MGS4 sounds like it is almost a perfect three way split of

Kojima! :allears:

Kojima? :stonk:

KOJIMA?! :allbuttons:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH THANK gently caress SOMEONE FINALLY TOLD SUNNY HOW TO MAKE EGGS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Big Boss is alive whaaaaaaaaaa :derp:

Adbot