Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
lol like I'm ever going to care what the racists and concentration camp deniers of d&d think.

they hate reproductive rights so much, they'll explain why it's important for democrats to protect people like Cuellar in Texas, for years, then never actually protect those rights.

just the absolute worst people besides the weirdo mods on this website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
like I don't care if my posts end up somewhere where they're getting made fun of.

I'm a dumbass who should be mocked

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

like I don't care if my posts end up somewhere where they're getting made fun of.

I'm a dumbass who should be mocked

Hard agree.

But have you considered that the people who report their unsourced quotes to mods are giant babies who throw temper tantrums?

If they stood by their posts, they are free to debate how the post isn't terrible lib poo poo in this thread. They won't, though, because they can't hide behind arbitrary rules and a secret list of banned words.

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Mar 31, 2021

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this is only a problem because you all have empowered the clique for years by kowtowing to them.

If you give a Lib a cookie, they're going to ask for a glass of milk. When you give them the milk, they'll probably ask you for a straw. When they're finished, they'll ask you to close CSPAM because they hurt their fee-fees by calling the camps concentration camps.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

whew I’m glad I had that probe last night I was able to decompress and do some homework and not think about the concentration camps run by the democrat party for a bit

*looks at the immigration thread*

lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It wouldn't be so dumb if they didn't also consider anyone disagreeing with them in D&D as brigading or otherwise somehow offensive. It's literally just "Guys you have to be nice, they can't handle any criticism. No, we can't tell them that they're the problem and they need to just grow thicker skin if they're going to try to debate politics, that also makes them too sad and meltdown"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

it pisses people off in d&d and all of a sudden in the mod forum it's "C-SPAM is causing problems again, see I told you not to allow the succ zone to exist again" and we're trying to avoid that

it's just words until it snowballs into action

seriously not trying to be a dick here but i have to keep the peace between us and the rest of SA

I personally agree with you though so let me see if I can get a ruling from the admins about it. otherwise I'm going to have to keep giving out probations for violating the "loving with d&d" rule we've been over

See, this is why people think (incorrectly, I still somehow believe) that D&D still calls the shots and the CSPAM mods are at their beck and call.

During my brief ill-advised etc. I certainly saw CSPAM mods advocating for the forum too, and sometimes even with some positive results, but it would be nice to see more of that on this side of the fence too, and not just the "look we have to crack down on your fun or the neighborhood association busybodies will get upset" side of things.

(And I don't even like the unsourced D&D quote bullshit! I think it's dumb! I'm here specifically because I don't want to read or post in D&D! I just don't think it should be a Forums Crime.)

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

safari posting is like the entire reason SA exists lmao. if people are touching the poop then all bets are off if they get bit by an 'actually,' lion they knew the risks

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
so if we post some lovely take from twitter, reddit, facebook, what-have-you, that's fine, because the posted getting dunked on never sees it

or, hell, sometimes they do see it, because if some braindead liberal gets their tweet posted here there's definitely people who will touch the poop and yell at them on twitter about it

but the difference is that that person doesn't then get to hassle the SomethingAwful moderators about it

it seems like the obvious solution is to mine offsites for bad takes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gumball Gumption posted:

It wouldn't be so dumb if they didn't also consider anyone disagreeing with them in D&D as brigading or otherwise somehow offensive. It's literally just "Guys you have to be nice, they can't handle any criticism. No, we can't tell them that they're the problem and they need to just grow thicker skin if they're going to try to debate politics, that also makes them too sad and meltdown"

the lengths the mod team goes to protect the thinnest skinned posters on something loving awful shows how far the forums have fallen from what they once were

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

It's absolutely liberal brain to believe that stopping the bad thing from being talked about is the same as stopping the bad thing.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Raiad posted:

i just kinda think that if people don't want their bad opinions being made fun of, they should stop having such bad opinions

or at least stop posting them for the world to see

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
if the d&d mods don't want to have their little fiefdom mocked then maybe they shouldn't have let the worst people on the forums turn it into a open fanclub for genocidaries, war criminals and rapists?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacetoaster posted:

It's absolutely liberal brain to believe that stopping the bad thing from being talked about is the same as stopping the bad thing.

nailed it

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

if the d&d mods don't want to have their little fiefdom mocked then maybe they shouldn't have let the worst people on the forums turn it into a open fanclub for genocidaries, war criminals and rapists?

you're not helping

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

so if we post some lovely take from twitter, reddit, facebook, what-have-you, that's fine, because the posted getting dunked on never sees it

or, hell, sometimes they do see it, because if some braindead liberal gets their tweet posted here there's definitely people who will touch the poop and yell at them on twitter about it

but the difference is that that person doesn't then get to hassle the SomethingAwful moderators about it

it seems like the obvious solution is to mine offsites for bad takes

are you suggesting that we mine a D&D offiste for content?

this would be funny because it would 100% expose nazi poo poo and also D&D would be extremely upset about it

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're not helping

With what? Fixing d&d? loving lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're not helping

you could help us more by posting in FYAD again

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Flavius Aetass posted:

it pisses people off in d&d and all of a sudden in the mod forum it's "C-SPAM is causing problems again, see I told you not to allow the succ zone to exist again" and we're trying to avoid that

it's just words until it snowballs into action

seriously not trying to be a dick here but i have to keep the peace between us and the rest of SA

I personally agree with you though so let me see if I can get a ruling from the admins about it. otherwise I'm going to have to keep giving out probations for violating the "loving with d&d" rule we've been over

You are letting horrible bigoted bullshit slide by doing that.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
and before you get mad at me for saying D&D is festooned with reactionary rear end fascists I'll remind you that a D&D mod think the reason the admittedly Nazi run camps are bad is because they are not efficient enough

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

spacemang_spliff posted:

are you suggesting that we mine a D&D offiste for content?

this would be funny because it would 100% expose nazi poo poo and also D&D would be extremely upset about it

@shitDnDsays

?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.somethingawful.com

A place famous for helping.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're not helping

helping with what exactly? making your life as an errand boy easier?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao coming up on a year since the last front page post

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I remember there was someone who would post bad takes from Resetera

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Aside from Flavius being among the worst modmins on the site, even after Cyrano still having buttons, are we gonna talk about how Biden isn't gonna strike back for the bullshit that went down in Arkansas?

Because that poo poo will spread if there isn't retaliation.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
and why exactly is it incumbent on us to "keep the peace" as opposed to the mod team who have created this problem in the first place by letting a small clique gently caress up the supposed debate subforum to the point where you can't even quote the things they say in there?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey guys, it's the year 2021. This is a new something awful and I'd really appreciate if you'd all just stop saying mean things.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're not helping

neither are you dipshit

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

This has always been so dumb, if people run over to touch the poop then slap them down over there. Just sit and watch and lol at them from here. We keep having this problem because there's no slapping down on people that run over there and post. The dnders just whine incessantly. If there's no poop touching then tell them to shut up. They can feel free to start their own leftist lols thread, I don't think anyone here would give a poo poo lol.. And so long as a link doesn't actually get posted with the quote, then it should be fine. Hell you should definitely slap someone who posted a link to dnd because SA should try to discourage people from self-harm.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

StratGoatCom posted:

Aside from Flavius being among the worst modmins on the site, even after Cyrano still having buttons, are we gonna talk about how Biden isn't gonna strike back for the bullshit that went down in Arkansas?

oh god what did Arkansas do now

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the type of person required to become a moderator has not changed in the entire time i've been on the internet. just the most pathetic little weasels alive, all

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

WampaLord posted:

because the cruelty is the entire point

The purpose of a system is what it does

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Outlawed doctors from providing hormone treatments for Trans teens

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/ArkansasACLU/status/1376897096561856514

They've made the first major step toward banning queer folks as a whole. Despite having a fair number of sticks as an exec, Biden has not retaliated in the least.

quote:

Refused to allow doctors to provide hormone treatments for Trans teens

Blockers, more accurately, the same poo poo we give to cis kids with precocious puberty.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

the type of person required to become a moderator has not changed in the entire time i've been on the internet. just the most pathetic little weasels alive, all

A huge abuser made a system that seems to be open to abuse, but no, nothing needs to change with how we run the forums

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

This has always been so dumb, if people run over to touch the poop then slap them down over there. Just sit and watch and lol at them from here. We keep having this problem because there's no slapping down on people that run over there and post. The dnders just whine incessantly. If there's no poop touching then tell them to shut up. They can feel free to start their own leftist lols thread, I don't think anyone here would give a poo poo lol.. And so long as a link doesn't actually get posted with the quote, then it should be fine. Hell you should definitely slap someone who posted a link to dnd because SA should try to discourage people from self-harm.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StratGoatCom posted:

lol I heard someone say "well it's a state-level issue, what's Biden to do?"

loving useless

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

just rename d&d "liberal laugh-house" and let them have a "poo poo those crazy nazbols say" thread. probe them if they post here. our yin and yang are perfectly in balance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're not helping

he's not wrong, tho

God it was great reading the "the armenians had it coming and also all women lie about rape" guy talking up how actually calling them concentration camps is offensive