Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SOME KINDA STAR TREK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Who is Matthew Gertz?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
First Contact is the most fun trek movie and easily top 3. I love that stupid movie so much.

Eifert Posting posted:

Who is Matthew Gertz?

A reporter at media matters whose name is so close to Matt Gaetz that people accidentally tweet at him thinking he'd Gaetz whenever things happen

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll just leave my favorite line from the movie here:

And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Also I'm watching the qanon documentary and the Watkinses have definitely hunted human for sport

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

These starfleet uniforms RULE

Guess what the DS9 crew are gonna be wearing soon

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I'm about to go to bed, but I'll just leave my favorite line from the movie here:

And he piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

You broke your little ships...

Edit: Adam Scott should have been a permanent addition to the Defiant crew.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Pops Mgee posted:

Only if there was a reoccurring plot line of him being super angry at Worf for ordering ramming speed. “I know you’ve got the whole warrior thing going on but come on man, that was way to much”. Sisko, however, fully supports that kind of move.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GET OFF MY BRIDGE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Pops Mgee posted:

Imagining Rom begging him to say "are we having fun yet???"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ok i don't know why anyone shits on First Contact, that ruled

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

Also I'm watching the qanon documentary and the Watkinses have definitely hunted human for sport

It's not the Craig James but CJK5H shows up here.

At least I assume it's not the Craig James.

e: in the second episode, why am I submitting myself to this? Every part of this poo poo is hell.

I am flipping off my television as if it will notice so goddamned often. Just flying the birds for minutes at a time.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 31, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Ok i don't know why anyone shits on First Contact, that ruled

Because it's too "action movie!" i.e. not the episode Picard learned the flut.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/PaulSzoldra/status/1377083173293592577?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vaccine appointments scheduled :hellyeah:

I'm so glad I'm going to be fully vaccinated before the baby gets here.

edit I forgot to put that I will be joining the Moderna ranks!

Ehud fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 31, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Welcome....brother

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The source is that this is how viruses work when in an uncontrollable spread and minor variations start to pop off everywhere. The vast majority go undetected because they’re basically unnoticeable. I’d say go check the Covid thread but it’s been a complete disaster in there for months so don’t.

The point is we’ve had countless media stories needlessly sensationalizing VARIANTS for months and taking quotes from scientists and doctors and leaving out crucial context to imply that vaccines are less effective or it’s more deadly or whatever.

you like to litter each thread with thousands of white noise posts but don’t make up medical facts Shimmy. Pointing out a new variant with some new spike protein or something bad isn’t implying anything about vaccines, you just have extremely online brain and need a break IMO

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There are a couple variants that are...worrisome.

Also we have no idea what the gently caress is going on in Florida right now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress DeSantis

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

There are a couple variants that are...worrisome.

I thought Florida had the UK variant.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pron on VHS posted:

you like to litter each thread with thousands of white noise posts but don’t make up medical facts Shimmy. Pointing out a new variant with some new spike protein or something bad isn’t implying anything about vaccines, you just have extremely online brain and need a break IMO

Never stop posting but it was really late and I was tired and cranky so yeah I shouldn’t have said anything about this stuff. Sorry.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Thinking about taking off early to watch a big monkey fight a giant lizard.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Never stop posting but it was really late and I was tired and cranky so yeah I shouldn’t have said anything about this stuff. Sorry.

Get a cup of coffee and read a lot of Zeynep Tufecki's writings about the pandemic.
https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1376999996441133062

Most important thing I've learned is there is a gigantic chasm between a scientist saying "we do not know" (because zero studies have been completed around the topic due to logistical nightmares in a pandemic) and the news reporting on it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Hot Take:

Harry Potter is fine. It’s got problematic poo poo, it’s not high art. It’s fun kiddo lit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

A fun fact I learned from one of the English teachers I worked with as an assistant: outside of proper nouns (like proper names and spell names and such), the percentage of words in the Harry Potter books that come from the most commonly used 1,000 English words is insanely high. Like well over 90% high. Better than your average newspaper article, if my memory is correct.

Which means they can be very valuable as study material for learners of English as a second language. So in a place like Japanese high schools with students that are trying to go from "this is a banana" to some form of fluency, teaching portions of the Harry Potter books apparently isn't a bad idea!

FizFashizzle posted:

this seems like it's an evergreen quote.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's a bit spendier than D-Spot and Blue Door, but Tongue and Cheek might be my favorite place in the cities now that Butcher and the Boar is gone. They have amazing cocktails, and you can do a flight of them for relatively cheap. I can't think of something we've had there and not enjoyed, both food and drink.

Ah Butcher and the Boar, that place ruled. Thanks for the tip will def check out Tongue and Cheek.

:lol:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao a typo

https://twitter.com/swin24/status/1377069894513082368?s=20

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hifi posted:

volkswagen is changing their US name to voltswagen lol

it was an april fools joke

and someone got triggered over this

https://twitter.com/NathanBomey/status/1377008091712077829

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

VW has a history of lying to people though (emissions testing), so this was a particularly not well thought out "prank".

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah VW should probably be the last auto company engaging in April Fool's jokes.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

An April Fool's joke made like three days beforehand is not much of an April Fool's joke. It was clearly just a ploy to get relatively free advertising by creating a fake controversey.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

covid is surging again and we just don't care at all

And this is regarding my earlier comment about florida.

DeSantis is getting around reporting things by somehow not getting covid as the cause of death. so instead of having a high death rate, people are just like mysteriously dying for no reason in rural florida

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-covid-deaths-florida-study-ss-prem-20210331-a4rnsenzajdd5nnwzm2fkg5g5y-story.html

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't get my second Pfizer shot until the 26th :ohdear:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

DeSantis is getting around reporting things by somehow not getting covid as the cause of death. so instead of having a high death rate, people are just like mysteriously dying for no reason in rural florida

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-covid-deaths-florida-study-ss-prem-20210331-a4rnsenzajdd5nnwzm2fkg5g5y-story.html
Mississippi looking sus. I trust their numbers just as much as Florida, IE: not at all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

You know...originally I planned to get the vaccine more to protect other people. I don't have any risk factors and if I got covid it would probably suck but I'd be fine. But I felt a social responsibility to stay put, wear a mask and eventually get a vaccine because I didn't want other people to get seriously ill. Now I feel like I'm getting it to protect myself from everyone else.

I've been asking people here in SC if they're planning to get the vaccine and a lot of them are lukewarm about it or have no plans to get it. And I just can't figure out why. Everyone is so sick of the pandemic, we have the loving vaccines and they're still dragging their feet or refusing to get it.

We're just such a stupid country lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1377256391778394113?s=19

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

We're just such a stupid country lol

Our ‘leaders’ have spent decades fomenting a mistrust of expertise and intellectualism.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Vertical Lime posted:

it was an april fools joke

and someone got triggered over this

It's really a pity companies heard people complaining about the wave of dumb poo poo on April Fools Day and decided the best response is to make it into April Fools Week.

That being said, USA Today guy is doing some Downton Abbey-level pearl clutching at the idea of being deceived, and it is :discourse:

Makes this quote rt from before VW admitted it was a joke very funny
https://twitter.com/NathanBomey/status/1376702516998643720

Some other good ones:
https://twitter.com/NathanBomey/status/1376610942545444869
https://twitter.com/NathanBomey/status/1376923604424744960

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
I just scheduled my first shot for April 12th. I'll be ready to rock just in time for AAA baseball to start up.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/smarkmouth/status/1377101637089562636

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FizFashizzle posted:

There was a spate of news stories a few weeks ago basically saying “DeSantis opened up Florida and it looks like he was right!?” and all I could think was that this is the same state that fired someone for reporting accurate COVID data; why the absolute hell would you trust their numbers on anything?