Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vagabundo posted:

There's no need to speculate what the WWE would have done, because we all know what they did - they fired him during a loving pandemic and left him stranded in the USA, loving him over royally.

Every single person in management at the WWE should literally loving die horribly, the callous shits.

They also refused to help Cesar get a proper visa when he worked there, telling him he didn't need one and he'd be fine. My guess is that they wanted his lack of visa as leverage over him, since they also paid him like poo poo. It's loving gross and I'm glad AEW is treating him right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

https://twitter.com/miyu_tjp/status/1377232338359226369

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/jonmoxieys/status/1377035657755906055?s=21

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/CezarBononi_/status/1377259398364598276?s=20

Wild. So incredible news is the emergency visa was granted. Unbelievable work there for that to happen. It pays to know people!

The sad news is the COVID piece. But at the very least, it sounds like things will be moving forward and that’s so beautiful to see once that COVID clears up.

Wow.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Very good news wrangled out of incredibly sad and broken systems.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

https://youtu.be/sf527KRaCEc

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Rarity posted:

It's cause they were getting bad PR from all the 'former WWE wrestler dies at 40 of drug-related issues' headlines

What's crazy to me is that after the Benoit tragedy happened and WWE corporate was desperately trying to cover itself, didn't Vince come out and say that what they were doing was literally just for PR purposes and they have no responsibility over whether or not a wrestler gets injured on their watch, because obviously it would be the independent contractor's fault? I'm guessing the press had moved on by then, or at least an old white uber-conservative being incredibly evil and broke-brained wasn't even considered newsworthy any more?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

extremely cursed image

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

that's what Triple H thought he looked like for about ten years there

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I know people poo poo on Ponytail Ric Flair, but if you're going for "rich, arrogant douchebag" in 1990, that's a money look.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ponytails rock, ignore balding man propaganda

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
that explains Super Macho Man in Punch-Out!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Crushed.
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1377180408043827204

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Austin Aries' Twitter's been taken down. Probably due to covid denial, or some such idiocy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dsriggs posted:

Austin Aries' Twitter's been taken down. Probably due to covid denial, or some such idiocy.

Good

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

dsriggs posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1377323240369033217?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bob Ross Sapp knocked his rear end out

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can't believe Aries' totally real and not made up friend's relatives died from the vax

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/fiendwwe/status/1377330545361756161?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I mean, you gotta hand it to the weird fiend guy here.

Also Aries is right, I had the vaccine a week ago and now I'm dead.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

did mad kurt get a new account?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No, the fiend account is funny

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No, the fiend account is funny

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure there's people who got jabs then died. Just like there's people who watched an Austin Aries match then died.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I'm sure there's people who got jabs then died. Just like there's people who watched an Austin Aries match then died.

Id be willing to bet more people have died some time after watching an Austin Aries match than have died after getting a covid shot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Untrue because nobody watches Austin Aries matches

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Untrue because nobody watches Austin Aries matches

lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm more interested in learning about this friend of his whose uncle is also his grandpa

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

MassRafTer posted:

Also he had been discouraged from associating with the local Brazilian population so he was completely isolated when it happened.

Why?

I mean it was obviously Cult thinking. Isolate, and encourage complete dependence on the WWE machine.

But what was their stated reason for saying to an immigrant "Don't hang out with people with whom you share a language and a culture, it's bad."

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

BrigadierSensible posted:

Why?

I mean it was obviously Cult thinking. Isolate, and encourage complete dependence on the WWE machine.

But what was their stated reason for saying to an immigrant "Don't hang out with people with whom you share a language and a culture, it's bad."

Presumably so they felt even more isolated only being around people they share a second language with, and depending on how good their English is it might be even more isolating.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Presumably so they felt even more isolated only being around people they share a second language with, and depending on how good their English is it might be even more isolating.

Yeah, I get that. That's the real reason, but what was the fluffy officially stated PR weasel words reason?

I am wondering what they told him. i.e. "Hey Cesar, don't hang out with, or make friends with people in the Brazillian community where you will feel comfortable, instead only hang out with WWE guys because X. We have your best interests at heart."

What would WWE have told him X was?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

focus on your training, kid

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't hang out with marks, stick with wrestlers

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

remember when you cried when austin aries beat joe. dusgisting

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it was an emotional match

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Yeah, I get that. That's the real reason, but what was the fluffy officially stated PR weasel words reason?

I am wondering what they told him. i.e. "Hey Cesar, don't hang out with, or make friends with people in the Brazillian community where you will feel comfortable, instead only hang out with WWE guys because X. We have your best interests at heart."

IIRC they said the local Brazillian population was full of bad people who would try to swindle Cezar or something like that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

They told him Brazilians were scammers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Come to Brazil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nick Gage is still the loving king, gently caress cop callers and gently caress transphobes MDK all day

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1377374299388923906?s=19