Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

busalover posted:

There's another video that's just police chases and street fights, music score is also good. Forgot the title.

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's for Philly not Cleveland.

this is the one I'm thinking of:

https://twitter.com/vmudream/status/1034247673883385856?s=20

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Canada is completely sucking at this.

Our first lockdown had CERB, which some goons were touting as "basically UBI" except that poo poo's taxable (im stupid) and I now have a huge tax bill that I can't afford at all. The subsequent provincial lockdown saw no financial aide unless you were earning a very very paltry sum (i cant remember but I think it was max 150-200 dollars a week) due to covid. If we go into lockdown again with no benefits again, I'm not 100% sure how I'll scape by on my own.

Vaccines are moving even slower than I anticipated. City's booked and they're only offered to seniors over 70. The AZ vaccine will not be given to people under 55, if I'm understanding things correctly.

City's been back in the daily triple digits.

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 3, 2021

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Has anybody had a weird experience after taking the first Pfizer shot? My partner got it this afternoon and she's gotten very tired and says she either feels a little drunk or a lot high.

My spouse and I had a similar experience. I had taken anxiety meds beforehand because needle phobia so I blamed it on that, but spouse had the same experience.

I was in a gas station about an hour afterwards and distinctly remember feeling like I should not be in there alone. The lights and brightly colored products really tripped me up. It was like being inside a very mild funhouse mirror, just enough to feel out of it.

I get vaccine #2 this weekend, so I guess I'll see how that goes.

naem
May 29, 2011

busalover posted:

There's another video that's just police chases and street fights, music score is also good. Forgot the title.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Did Drew Carey lie to me vis a vis cleveland rocking?

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Update, Pfizer #1 yesterday @ noon. Nothing yesterday really but a feeling of relief that I finally got back.This morning super achy in all joints, really tired, arm pretty sore @ injection site. Been a long time since I had a virus or flu or anything, this feels pretty gross.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Got Pfizer #1 on Monday. Arm soreness is gone now but I woke up today with no voice. Better than not waking up at all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Thursday 3am update: shoulder and back pretty sore. Weird taste in my mouth. Trouble sleeping. Eyes VERY bloodshot. Itchy in weird places. My feet are cold but my head is hot.

I haven't even had the vaccine yet, I'm just old

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My wife and I are both scheduled for our first shots on Monday at a mass vaccination clinic. My parents had their second doses yesterday. I feel so loving happy right now. My in-laws refuse to get vaccinated but gently caress 'em, I'm gonna try and guilt trip them into it by talking about how much fun it is seeing my parents again.

If you're in Pennsylvania I highly recommend you check out vaccinatepa.org, especially as it sounds like we're going to Phase 1B any day now, which will open things up to a lot more people.

Pitt students created the site, it basically just shows you any open appointments by county with a quick summary. Way easier than checking each county's website or constantly refreshing Rite Aid or Walgreen's searching for appointments.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JeffLeonard posted:

Dunk on Cleveland if you wish. It's light years better than anywhere else in the shithole state of Ohio.

So like the difference between 87 and 89 octane

naem
May 29, 2011

Koirhor posted:

buying a house for the price of a vcr is tempting

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Koirhor posted:

Sometimes when my dog has the runs, he'll have one mostly solid turd that's more easy to clean up than the rest. Cleveland is that solid-ish turd, Ohio is the rest.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

AnnoyBot posted:

Emirates first class. It's complicated, but the part of the clan flying out is supposed to be, yes.

I agree this is way off the map and pretty dicey. Not to mention it would be within a few days of the floodgates being opened here in the US. Of course if I see some pfizer doses being pulled out of a factory fresh -90f cooler that will present a different picture than Dr Feelgood sitting me down with a black leather satchel full of chemical fun and kewl vaxes.

I'm generally not down with taking foreign meds. Lord knows I have foreign OTC Cipro and such shoved in my face every time I have a cold, which I kindly refuse. It's no wonder resistant bacteria is a problem, people who should know better just take that poo poo like Advil.

Mainly it's a good story to post on the internet.

You're not going to get a vaccine card saying that you've got the first dose. I'd simply say 'thanks but no thanks' since you can get a shot here in the usa within a couple of weeks if you are all over the walgreens sites etc.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

redreader posted:

You're not going to get a vaccine card saying that you've got the first dose. I'd simply say 'thanks but no thanks' since you can get a shot here in the usa within a couple of weeks if you are all over the walgreens sites etc.

yeah you'll have zero way of proving this or even knowing that the lot you were told you were injected is the lot you were actually injected with

this is a terrible idea

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

72 hours after my first pfizer shot, I noticed my forehead was twitching, it's been doing that for intermittently three days now.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think that means that you don't have sufficient bars for a full blown 5g connection. Consider taking off any tinfoil head covers you may be wearing

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

wilderthanmild posted:

This is a pretty lame counterpoint when they were one of the better teams in the NFL this year and made it into the divisional round of the playoffs.

I'm a Steeler's fan, and I was rooting for you guys. It would be nice to see Cleveland with a Super Bowl win. Hell, Philly did it, how hard can it be? :v:

On Topic: Two of my coworkers got their second shot of Moderna this week. One has been out for two days, and one had no side effects at all.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

A Fancy Hat posted:

My wife and I are both scheduled for our first shots on Monday at a mass vaccination clinic. My parents had their second doses yesterday. I feel so loving happy right now. My in-laws refuse to get vaccinated but gently caress 'em, I'm gonna try and guilt trip them into it by talking about how much fun it is seeing my parents again.

If you're in Pennsylvania I highly recommend you check out vaccinatepa.org, especially as it sounds like we're going to Phase 1B any day now, which will open things up to a lot more people.

Pitt students created the site, it basically just shows you any open appointments by county with a quick summary. Way easier than checking each county's website or constantly refreshing Rite Aid or Walgreen's searching for appointments.

Looks like 1B is 4/5, 1C will be a week later.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Are these "I feel like its the worst hangover ever" days the norm or more rare after shot 2?

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.
Here's some really good news that seems like it should be getting more press: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/cdc-data-suggests-vaccinated-dont-carry-cant-spread-virus.html

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Castaign posted:

Here's some really good news that seems like it should be getting more press: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/cdc-data-suggests-vaccinated-dont-carry-cant-spread-virus.html
Yeah and it also stands to reason. Covid vaccines train your body to kill the virus, not just keep it from making you sick. If a virus can't freely replicate, it's pretty hard for it to spread.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Looking at the numbers in Worldometers it looks like Brazil is about to completely fold; is there any indication whether US, Russia or China would be willing to start directly supplying them or lending equipment to make their own?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Der Kyhe posted:

Looking at the numbers in Worldometers it looks like Brazil is about to completely fold; is there any indication whether US, Russia or China would be willing to start directly supplying them or lending equipment to make their own?

President Bolsonaro just fired the defence minister and the three joint chiefs of the armed forces all quit in protest of that move so the country is pretty unstable right now, there's no telling what might happen.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56581131

Castaign posted:

The new study only confirmed what we already knew from the trials. The headline is misleading, it should say "CDC Data Suggests 90% probability that Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus"

Edit: here's a current example of fully vaccinated people that are carrying the virus anyway
https://twitter.com/icutv1/status/1377326596709752832

..... which is, again, nothing we weren't expecting anyway and not a headline that anyone should panic over

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 31, 2021

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Der Kyhe posted:

Bolosnaro gonna get couped soon

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Macron has just given a press conference and France is going back into national lockdown for at least a month. Europe generally has been hit really badly from their slow vaccine rollout.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: here's a current example of fully vaccinated people that are carrying the virus anyway

..... which is, again, nothing we weren't expecting anyway and not a headline that anyone should panic over

Also, how many of those breakthrough cases were two weeks after the Janssen shot?

We know protection from that is mediocre at two weeks and continues to improve for at least a month after that, we just don’t tell anyone that.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

President Bolsonaro just fired the defence minister and the three joint chiefs of the armed forces all quit in protest of that move so the country is pretty unstable right now, there's no telling what might happen.

The new study only confirmed what we already knew from the trials. The headline is misleading, it should say "CDC Data Suggests 90% probability that Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus"

is that 90% probability per person or a 90% probability that it doesn't happen at all? I'm guessing it's per person since the Israeli study showed over 90% overall

Castaign
Apr 4, 2011

And now I knew that while my body sat safe in the cheerful little church, he had been hunting my soul in the Court of the Dragon.

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah and it also stands to reason. Covid vaccines train your body to kill the virus, not just keep it from making you sick. If a virus can't freely replicate, it's pretty hard for it to spread.

Oh absolutely. But either due to an overabundance of caution or just general pessimism there's been a lot of energy spent on reminding people that just because they're vaccinated, that doesn't mean they won't infect other people, and that they should continue to assume that they are asymptomatic spreaders even after full vaccination.

The new study only confirmed what we already knew from the trials. The headline is misleading, it should say "CDC Data Suggests 90% probability that Vaccinated Don't Carry, Can't Spread Virus"

Yeah, I find that latter article frustrating, particularly since it's getting more coverage than the thing about the CDC finding data that suggests the vaccine prevents infection. And the headline is absolutely something that it sounds like is worth panicking over; it's just that the article itself notes that A) its a little over 100 people out of 1.2 million vaccinated; B) it is completely expected as even the most effective vaccines still have breakthrough infections; C) the majority of these breakthrough infections were presented either with very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I am not activity shaming or mask shaming but I would absolutely love to know which cross-section of this group went out to restaurants maskless and did high-risk things like that and which ones did not and which vaccines had the highest positives. I literally just want to know because :neckbeard: statistics.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Pfizer#2 down today. Legit thought they didn't do it right since I have no soreness or pain at the poke site when I always do. Apparently highly unlikely it wasn't done correctly so waiting for everything to hit me tonight.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Cthulu Carl posted:

I love how Kroger and Walgreens websites just go 'No openings. gently caress off." And give no option for a wait-list or even scheduling further out...

I'd like to get my 5G shots, but my options seem to be waiting for things to die down or driving two hours up to Lima or Van Wert...

Good thing I don't have to go anywhere and can keep working from home...

If you're still looking to get something scheduled and Dayton is close enough for you, Montgomery County Public Health Department is doing mass vaccinations (1500-2000+ a day). You can't register for anything at the moment, but they seem to post the next week's registrations at 8:30am on Fridays. I got my first Pfizer shot back on the 23rd. You automatically get scheduled for your second shot at the same time X weeks later based on the brand you got. Parking is free and the parking garage is attached to the convention center. It was easy in and out.

https://www.phdmc.org/coronavirus-updates/439-covid-19-vaccination-information

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

If you're still looking to get something scheduled and Dayton is close enough for you, Montgomery County Public Health Department is doing mass vaccinations (1500-2000+ a day). You can't register for anything at the moment, but they seem to post the next week's registrations at 8:30am on Fridays. I got my first Pfizer shot back on the 23rd. You automatically get scheduled for your second shot at the same time X weeks later based on the brand you got. Parking is free and the parking garage is attached to the convention center. It was easy in and out.

https://www.phdmc.org/coronavirus-updates/439-covid-19-vaccination-information

I'm in Butler County and they got a drive-through vax event next week I got an appointment for.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wow, I got jabbed good. I can still see a bit of bruising and I got mine almost 2 weeks ago.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeCwwYjf8gw

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I'm about five days past my first Pfizer shot, and yesterday I started getting some joint pain in my fingers, especially my left thumb. That's really unusual for me (despite being An Old), and I figured I'd just hurt them somehow before reading that it's a potential side effect.

It's already a bit better today, but what an odd side effect, if that's what it is.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

This is amazing

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Very excited for PA to open up to “‘most adults” April 19 so I can start actually trying to get appointments for my girlfriend and I (31/26). I’ve had zero luck trying as mostly healthy young adults since moving here a few weeks ago, everywhere seems to be working off pre-qualified wait lists.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Oh I guess I'm done doing v-safe check ins for the CDC.

I kinda liked telling them I was okay every day.

Who am I gonna tell now? My family?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wilderthanmild posted:

Oh I guess I'm done doing v-safe check ins for the CDC.

quote:

During the first week after you get your vaccine, v-safe will send you a text message each day to ask how you are doing. Then you will get check-in messages once a week for up to 5 weeks. The questions v-safe asks take less than 5 minutes to answer.

If you need a second dose of vaccine, v-safe will provide a new 6-week check-in process so you can share your second-dose vaccine experience as well. Finally, you’ll receive check-ins 3, 6, and 12 months after your final dose of vaccine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I didn't do the V-Safe thing because I am allergic to installing apps on my phone without a drat good reason. I checked to see if I could just do it online like a normal person but didn't see a way to make that happen.