Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1376887078445744133

congratulations to Spotify for [checks notes] inventing radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/1376887078445744133

congratulations to Spotify for [checks notes] inventing radio

lmao

radio on the internet wow mark cuban really was ahead of his time

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Imagine a whole series of live offerings, and if you add moving pictures to them??? revolutionary

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

Imagine a whole series of live offerings, and if you add moving pictures to them??? revolutionary

I’m in favor of adding Rush’s seminal 1981 album to everything. :dadjoke:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

They should print the transcripts of their podcasts and let people buy them periodically.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fartknocker posted:

I’m in favor of adding Rush’s seminal 1981 album to everything. :dadjoke:

ayyyy

BWV posted:

They should print the transcripts of their podcasts and let people buy them periodically.

and if you get them delivered to your door every morning? Look out

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MourningView posted:

lmao

radio on the internet wow mark cuban really was ahead of his time

now I can't stop thinking of Russ Hanneman's "billionaire doors" spiel from Silicon Valley

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I'm going to invent the CBS prime time procedural drama and make millions from venture capital.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spoeank posted:

ayyyy

and if you get them delivered to your door every morning? Look out

Elevator Pitch: It's like Blue Apron for content.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BWV posted:

Elevator Pitch: It's like Blue Apron for content.

i can't read the word "content" without hearing it in bill simmons's voice someone please help me

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jared_max/status/1377241657062649861?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So are the TV announcers going to talk a hell of a lot more to make up for this? Listening on the radio would be probably worthless if it's a normal TV broadcast. They leave a lot out.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bird in a Blender posted:

So are the TV announcers going to talk a hell of a lot more to make up for this? Listening on the radio would be probably worthless if it's a normal TV broadcast. They leave a lot out.

The ultimate twist is hawk harrelson is now the blue jays tv announcer

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

8 minutes of silence followed by a score update going to commercial and you realize the Blue Jays are now down 6 runs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah this is absolute bullshit. TV audio on the radio does not work at all.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DJExile posted:

💯

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Couldn’t listen to the Jays on the radio most of the time here anyway.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
It's funny because for years I would've loved them to scrap the Jamie Campbell-led TV crew and just use Jerry Howarth's radio call for TV.

And now they're doing the opposite.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

DJExile posted:

It worked for Chick Hearn and the Lakers for a number of decades but that might be more the exception than the rule.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

It's funny because for years I would've loved them to scrap the Jamie Campbell-led TV crew and just use Jerry Howarth's radio call for TV.

And now they're doing the opposite.

Was about to post this. If not for the delay most Jays fans I know would've tried to watch the game with the radio call and now it's all the opposite. I dont mind Buck at least but Jerry just sounds like baseball and listening to a game over a long summer car ride was always a treat.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Robnoxious posted:

It worked for Chick Hearn and the Lakers for a number of decades but that might be more the exception than the rule.

Its a lot easier to do with basketball than baseball, I'd think.

Conversely, the TV broadcasts are going to be crap if they keep spending most of the time describing things that are you saw a few moments ago.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Lockback posted:

Conversely, the TV broadcasts are going to be crap if they keep spending most of the time describing things that are you saw a few moments ago.

Yup, two entirely different mediums so unless they’re just planning on punting radio and doing a straight simulcast it’s going to make the TV product far worse as well.

Alas, some MBA knows better and fan retention is the next owner’s problem.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I like baseball better on the radio even if mike Shannon has alcoholism and dementia.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Maybe they could emulate the "KBO on ESPN" format from last year and spent 85% of the game talking about things that don't even have anything to do with Major League Baseball so nobody has any idea what's going on.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bally Sports' scorebug does not translate well to off-network highlights.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/HQonESPN/status/1377698191617970178

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

loving. Brutal.

:discourse:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The LeBatard one was what most major public orgs do for April Fools. Bless him, but it’s lame.

What Schefter does at the behest of Nolan and probably Pablo tbqh though is excellent

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Bally Sports' scorebug does not translate well to off-network highlights.

the giant grey bar sucks poo poo

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do they have a constant out of town scores ticker? I guess that makes sense if they're primarily marketing to degenerate gamblers.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zakharov posted:

Do they have a constant out of town scores ticker? I guess that makes sense if they're primarily marketing to degenerate gamblers.

No, it is completely blank and remained that way for the entire game I watched last night:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kibner posted:

No, it is completely blank and remained that way for the entire game I watched last night:

jeeesus christ that is so bad

E: fuckin lmao black background for the Pelicans logo while Orlando's wearing black jerseys. This is production 101 poo poo :cmon:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DJExile posted:

jeeesus christ that is so bad

E: fuckin lmao black background for the Pelicans logo while Orlando's wearing black jerseys. This is production 101 poo poo :cmon:

It's actually a dark navy blue color behind the Pels logo :goonsay:, but I still get your point about the bad production. The other team colors they could have used were red, gold, or white.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kibner posted:

It's actually a dark navy blue color behind the Pels logo :goonsay:, but I still get your point about the bad production. The other team colors they could have used were red, gold, or white.

Oh yeah, zooming it in, you're right.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kibner posted:

yeah the 'bad production' point is the important part, others are doing better to match the scoring bug colors to what colors the team is wearing.

and especially for the NBA, with teams having three or four uniforms, wildly different colors, and relaxed rules on what they wear at home (used to always be white at home, that got thrown out a couple years ago), color coding becomes even more important. maybe I'm just an old man who isn't able to watch as regularly but I've felt lost watching some highlights recently.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Putting two and two together, I'm guessing NBCSN is being replaced with the relaunched G4 on cable systems.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Putting two and two together, I'm guessing NBCSN is being replaced with the relaunched G4 on cable systems.

What’s the point of G4 in 2021 when YouTube and Twitch already exist?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pseudodragon posted:

trying and probably failing to capitalize on those things being popular i assume

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

pseudodragon posted:

To bring Sauske back to American television?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MMcCarthyREV/status/1379210050191900677

Gotta say, that's an extremely Paul Pierce way to lose a cushy studio job