Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ah, yeah, I guess Metatron's power wouldn't be proof against the power of the guy who kicked Metatron's rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mindblast posted:

Idk guys jaggs seems to be doing Platinum Games Eye Glint(tm).

That was my read too. Eyes glint like that when things are going according to keikaku.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Where did Inky get teleported to do you think? Or is he now fusing with Jaggs to form giant man counterpoint to giant voltron of ladies?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Where did Inky get teleported to do you think? Or is he now fusing with Jaggs to form giant man counterpoint to giant voltron of ladies?

He hasn't been teleported anywhere. He stabbed his sword into Jagganoth, and there was a huge magical explosion. That's it.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

He hasn't been teleported anywhere. He stabbed his sword into Jagganoth, and there was a huge magical explosion. That's it.

OK, glad you are on top of what is happening. He just didn't seem to be surrounded by Jagg guts is all.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

OK, glad you are on top of what is happening. He just didn't seem to be surrounded by Jagg guts is all.

I mean, he's still outside Jagganoth in the last panel where he's visible. His sword sinks into Jagg's chest up to the hilt (surrounded by mystical energy), we see him open his eyes in surprise as the energy flares around him, and then everything goes boom.

I thought it was quite clearly conveyed?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad that Solomon David saved his empire and proved that he can take on any challengers to him, personally

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Is there a collected post of all the basketball edits? Or does anyone know who did them so I can just sort by user?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well, they definitely managed to hurt Jaggs, which is not something anybody expected to be a thing that can happen right up until a few seconds ago.

Characters in fiction who have "can't be harmed" as one of their defining traits tend to die the first time somebody manages to hurt them, though I'm hoping that isn't what happens here. If he just drops dead right here, it feels like something important would be missing from the narrative.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Thundarr posted:

Well, they definitely managed to hurt Jaggs, which is not something anybody expected to be a thing that can happen right up until a few seconds ago.

Characters in fiction who have "can't be harmed" as one of their defining traits tend to die the first time somebody manages to hurt them, though I'm hoping that isn't what happens here. If he just drops dead right here, it feels like something important would be missing from the narrative.

I assume if Jaggs dies it will be followed immediately by unveiling a bigger, badder threat so I think the narrative won't suffer much.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I figure Jaggs is going to be so hosed up by getting smited and it actually working that he'll gently caress off to regroup/yell at metatron or something.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Jaggs is prepared to just deal with it and I'm certain he cannot be defeated by getting stabbed to death.

Maybe he will be tethered to the spot in a way he can't break out of, continually taking 7,777,777 hp worth of pain at all times, but he won't be harmed by it, I think the nails are real.

Maybe the fight for rubiyah is to get to jagganoth and release him or prevent him from being released, and if it is then the rest of his forces are going to continue trying to get things ready for his plan, because these people are hard as gently caress.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Maybe I'll have eggs on my face for the following pages but I'm reasonably confident this is supposed to be a "yes, he really is that invulnerable and here's how it works" show-don't-tell beat.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Straight White Shark posted:

I assume if Jaggs dies it will be followed immediately by unveiling a bigger, badder threat so I think the narrative won't suffer much.

We already have the bigger, badder threat lined up: Universal War.

I'd be surprised if that's what happens on account of that being such a solid Worfing as to be a bit cliche, but we can be pretty sure that if Jaggs goes, we're in for a goddamn ride.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
We’ve got maybe 120 pages before the end of the comic, it can’t ALL be a fight and we’re already 40 pages in

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Straight White Shark posted:

The bigger, badder threat were the friends they made along the way.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
This is still content that was originally planned for the previous book. I think there's going to be a final book: part two.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Book 3 and Book 4 had 10 and 11 chapters, respectively, and this is almost the end of chapter 1 of book 5. Granted it was quite long, but I think we have a lot of story to go.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Thundarr posted:

White Chain literally said that he was being hurt, just not injured, and he was a level beyond the other demiurges. With all of the discussion of how internal vs. external kung fu bullshit works how is he not just powering up for some massive thing or other

(Setting aside the fact the explody bit in the final panel has an element of Allicio-in-Chain's rainbow bullshit involved)

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
I'm sure this is going to turn out to be somehow Just As Planned by Jagganoth. He's explicitly the only one who's been preparing for this while the others have been loving around, he's chosen this moment and this location after literally centures or millenia of planning and prep. Other than whatever's going on with Allison none of this is a surprise, it's what he expected to face. It's a loving rad sequence but there's no way he's just gonna go down to a big combo attack and go "oh well it was worth a shot".

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Or Jaggs is a big red heel who is getting jobbed, because he was setup by Metatron to get jobbed and he says as much when he teleported onto the planet.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Is there a collected post of all the basketball edits? Or does anyone know who did them so I can just sort by user?

https://imgur.com/a/EhEFltZ

I lost the edit link so I think it's missing a single recent one, but otherwise that's the lot.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
He also said gently caress metatron I'm not gonna be puppeted by him I'm doin it my way

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Mongo Jaggs only pawn in game of life.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The jaggahog is nothing in the face of the Metatrog

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, he's still outside Jagganoth in the last panel where he's visible. His sword sinks into Jagg's chest up to the hilt (surrounded by mystical energy), we see him open his eyes in surprise as the energy flares around him, and then everything goes boom.

I thought it was quite clearly conveyed?

OK I am seeing that now. Before I was seeing his massive velocity continuing to carry his body into Jagg's body as well. I didn't see an indication of a sudden stop.

Whatev I guess, next page will make plain

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Made an anthem to war tourism for the OCT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BOOPCcxRlw
Download MP3 here.

quote:

LYRICS:
Beast Jungle, The Hellpit, ooh our lives are forfeit
At The Purple Cloud Temple, feel the heavens tremble
Lost City, The Tower
Man, I want that power
The Hellpit

Off the Emerald Bell Keep
There's a place called Yaru Gol
That's where you wanna go
To get away from it all
Bodies in the sand
Cannon fire from the Red Hand
We'll be dying in droves
At the whim of the strategic plan
Down in Yaru Gol

Lost City, The Tower
Man, I want that power
Ooh I wanna take you down to Yaru Gol
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Yaru Gol

The Mines, the Heap, that Ardenweald mystique

We won't hesitate
To sell our lives and seal our fates
By and by we'll arrive
At the twilight of a dying age
We'll pick out a side
Fight for Bastion or the Pyre
The threat of world genocide
Give me a tactical combat high
Way down in Yaru Gol

Lost City, The Tower
Man, I want that power
We'll get there fast
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Yaru Gol

The Coast, the Burn, I want to have my turn

Everybody knows a little place like Yaru Gol
Now if you wanna go to watch the universe fall
Go down to Yaru Gol

Lost City, The Tower
Man, I want that power
We'll get there fast
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Yaru Gol
Lost City, The Tower
Man, I want that power
Ooh I wanna take you down...

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

twist: this breaks the seal

also holy gently caress this comic is loving AMAZING

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

YaketySass posted:

Maybe I'll have eggs on my face for the following pages but I'm reasonably confident this is supposed to be a "yes, he really is that invulnerable and here's how it works" show-don't-tell beat.
I for one have my hopes raised for the appearance of 2 Jagganoth Wrecks Your poo poo.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Could be some kind of suicide strategy by Jagg where being destroyed is part of the plan.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Could be some kind of suicide strategy by Jagg where being destroyed is part of the plan.

AndrewHussieishly: *tents fingers* ah yes, but is he DOUBLE DEAD?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I do not know who I want to strangle more: Hussie or his fanbase.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Rhaka posted:

https://imgur.com/a/EhEFltZ

I lost the edit link so I think it's missing a single recent one, but otherwise that's the lot.

yeah it's only missing the one I did;

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

SUPERIOR SALAMI DUNK STYLE
DOWNTOWN TOMAHAWK

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Again, the alt-text says 'seal', so either Jagganoth has been sealed away or he's about to go from pachyderm to pinniped.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Darth Walrus posted:

Again, the alt-text says 'seal', so either Jagganoth has been sealed away or he's about to go from pachyderm to pinniped.

Or he's going to be kissed by a rose on the gray

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m voting for some sort of seal getting broken and him getting a new character design that’s a hundred times more complex... not based on story or lore but because Abaddon has yet to see an opportunity to do that and NOT take it, when instead he could add a thousand limbs or ribbons or a new army in a glorious act of artistic self-flagellation

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I mean we had the Vishvarupa in the first drat chapter so yeah I guess extreme author self ownage is a running theme

This is gonna be great

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Jaggs transforms into YISUN UNDIVIDED, Allicio n' Chains has to cut them down to size to recreate the universe over 7 years/make love for 7 days, each cut creates new forms from YISUN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1377602878303506443?s=19

Exorcise six billion demons imo