Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

I said come in! posted:

wait never mind, i'm dense, that twitter account is fake lol.

You fooled me too then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Kotaku fell for it, posted a story (now deleted).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Crafty posted:

You fooled me too then.

:xd:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

How are these people so stupid

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

It's still going to actually get pushed to 2022, so the April Fools jokesters were just ahead of the announcement.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

D1E posted:

It's still going to actually get pushed to 2022, so the April Fools jokesters were just ahead of the announcement.

Still fully expect this. Honestly, I forgot tomorrow is April fools.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

D1E posted:

I don't see why, they've got ages before the Halo 1 anniversary in November. Like, it might not be a good game but it's coming out this year on Nov 15th.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How are these people so stupid

No time for fact checking, gotta get those clicks in before anyone else.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

I don't see why, they've got ages before the Halo 1 anniversary in November. Like, it might not be a good game but it's coming out this year on Nov 15th.

LOL

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Thom12255 posted:

This was the one I never got to play, was ROTK superior?

Yeah it was just as good with more characters. I need them both on BC.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
LOTR the two towers game was insanely good. Blew my mind at the time, and I was also obsessed with the films so I couldn’t get enough of that poo poo.

Backwards compatible it now please

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

This is cool and neat, but it needs ios support. come on apple, play nice.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

otter posted:

This is cool and neat, but it needs ios support. come on apple, play nice.

It's not really an Apple approval issue now, Microsoft has to make a "web" version of the streaming platform that runs through the Safari iOS browser (which is how Stadia and Geforce Now work on iOS currently).

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Apple does need to start supporting Series X controllers though. It’s supposed to be coming in iOS 14.5 but giddyup already, Tim

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1377340320216612866

60 FPS, better graphics, doubling draw distances, loading times cut in half.

I’m guessing Stadia doesn’t have the power for this?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I’m guessing Stadia doesn’t have the power for this?

Stadia is running on a super computer at whatever settings they deem. So theoretically yes it can do it, if they actually implemented it into the stadia version is another thing.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

D1E posted:

I think Halo Infinite multiplayer will launch and that's all that really matters, imo. Singleplayer very likely could be delayed but I don't think it would be a big deal as long as the multiplayer releases, which 343 claims will be separate from the base game and designed to last throughout the generation. If they can get that out and it's as good as multiplayer in Halo 5 then they're golden.

All they need to do is just stick to what works: Team Slayer, Big Team Battle and Firefight. Having some good map variety at launch is important as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The latest update to Phantasy Star Online 2 on PC breaks the launcher through the Xbox / Windows store app. :homebrew:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

Stadia is running on a super computer at whatever settings they deem. So theoretically yes it can do it, if they actually implemented it into the stadia version is another thing.

Lol Stadia can't run Rust.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Lol Stadia can't run Rust.

Yeah I dunno what he’s on about.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I think Halo Infinite multiplayer will launch and that's all that really matters, imo. Singleplayer very likely could be delayed but I don't think it would be a big deal as long as the multiplayer releases, which 343 claims will be separate from the base game and designed to last throughout the generation. If they can get that out and it's as good as multiplayer in Halo 5 then they're golden.

All they need to do is just stick to what works: Team Slayer, Big Team Battle and Firefight. Having some good map variety at launch is important as well.

Cod Warzone currently is a fantastic example of how to gently caress up multiple games by forcing them to share assets and then updating only one of them.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I dunno what he’s on about.

It has nothing to do with horsepower. Every game on stadia has to be coded for it because of it's architecture.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

It has nothing to do with horsepower. Every game on stadia has to be coded for it because of it's architecture.

True but the hardware they are using ain’t that powerful.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

True but the hardware they are using ain’t that powerful.

If it's coming to those consoles, stadia can for sure handle it is the point. Stadia's issue was never the actual tech, it's others using it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

bushisms.txt posted:

Google claimed a single Stadia host instance has ~10TF at its disposal, so a bit below the Series X

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

Google claimed a single Stadia host instance has ~10TF at its disposal, so a bit below the Series X

Right the numbers have it right between both the xsx and ps5, this is all theoretical since stadia is an evolving platform hosted in the cloud. And the consoles have to put resources aside for other things. So it can run the updates, but it comes down to if they get implemented as I said.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What stadia is theoretically able to do and what it’s actually able to do are two wildly different things.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
I don't know if halo infinite multiplayer will actually make a splash

every big shooter now is either objective based like csgo, siege, valorant, overwatch or a battle royale like fortnite, warzone, apex legends

wtf will halo do different

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm pretty sure a ton of people still buy COD and Battlefield just to play normal FPS game modes

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Objective-based, but on bigger maps? :v: Don't even remember if Crysis had multiplayer, but some of those open-ended scenarios from the campaign would fit 4v4 matches fairly well

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BoosterDuck posted:

every big shooter now is either objective based like csgo, siege, valorant, overwatch or a battle royale like fortnite, warzone, apex legends

I paid $90AUD for Cod 2019 to play domination (3 flag) exclusively.

Halo has all the big tentpole game modes and generally does them better than others.

BR games are the current in thing but they are loving boring to a lot of people.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Perhaps but this may be the least expensive thing B&O has ever made.

Nah, B&O’s had a good run of wired and now wireless headphones over the last few years. I have a pair of H2s I got for like $150 a few years ago that I really like

Quantum of Phallus posted:

only for dumbshits who buy audiophile brands

lmao you called 2021 Bang+Olufsen an audiophile brand

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

BoosterDuck posted:

Pretty much everything, it plays nothing like those games.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I've recently purchased a 9th gen controller for PC gaming. If I pick up the charge and play kit for Xbone (which is the only one in stock atm) and a Micro USB to USB C dongle for the cable, would the LED in it still work? I've never had a USB cable with a charging LED before

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Ignis posted:

I've recently purchased a 9th gen controller for PC gaming. If I pick up the charge and play kit for Xbone (which is the only one in stock atm) and a Micro USB to USB C dongle for the cable, would the LED in it still work? I've never had a USB cable with a charging LED before

Maybe? I just use a normal USB C cable. I don't care about a charging LED.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I think it does but only with controllers. Doesn't give the LED on anything else.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ignis posted:

You mean you bought a Series controller but an Xbone charging battery? The battery pack isn't the same shape. It's similar but they don't click into place.

Source: me who charges 1 series controller and 1 Xbone controller on the same charging dock and has to tape a battery in place on the Xbone controller with electrical tape... it works but it won't hold forever and needs periodic adjustment/fixing.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Love being a kid haver and having matching buckets of rechargeable AAs labeled "charged" and "needs charge"

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

TheScott2K posted:

Love being a kid haver and having matching buckets of rechargeable AAs labeled "charged" and "needs charge"

When I had 4 batteries in total I just used to leave the last two charged ones in the unplugged charger and rotate. I recently bought 4 more batteries (quest controller requirement too) and I’ve only got a 4 battery charger - so it’s like Russian roulette up in here when it comes to flat battery time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

outriders out today