Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

The Oldest Man posted:

Defending concentration camp apologism is evil but forum banning people from D&D prevents self-harm so who can say whether mods are good or bad

I can emphatically say that when the admin team sends their mods into CSPAM, they are not in fact sending their best.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tricky D posted:

wtf is she trying to say here? all i hear is si se, padre (yes i know, father)

Si se puede

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

listen jack, plata o plomo?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

laffo

Umm... Yo quiero mucho menos
pastillas de secuoya en eso

y muy masaco un poco. Si? Gracias.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

KaptainKrunk posted:

gonna laugh hard as gently caress in 2022 or 2024 or w/e when the minority shift towards the GOP/trump continues and this reverses

Latinos are definitely going to make headway into the GOP, some latino subgroups are more conservative than people realize. Asians are... getting hosed with the anti-asian violence and are getting fed up at upper middle class IDPOL asians in the media and NGO's who want to turn every single act of anti-asian violence into an example of 'white supremacy' even when the attacks are from other POC, not sure if they'll defect, but i could see some risk there. BTW, i think it's kind of insane to tell asians that they shouldn't be arming themselves AND shouldn't be asking for more police presense in their neighborhoods (i think this is totally justified based on the current climate). The black vote i think is pretty solid even if there were some black men who went to Trump.

Mister Fister has issued a correction as of 01:56 on Apr 1, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mister Fister posted:

Latinos are definitely going to make headway into the GOP, some latino subgroups are more conservative than people realize. Asians are... getting hosed with the anti-asian violence and are getting fed up at upper middle class IDPOL asians in the media and NGO's who want to turn every single act of anti-asian violence into an example of 'white supremacy' even when the attacks are from other POC, not sure if they'll defect, but i could see some risk there. BTW, i think it's kind of insane to tell asians that they shouldn't be arming themselves AND shouldn't be asking for more police presense in their neighborhoods (i think this is totally justified based on the current climate). The black vote i think is pretty solid even if there were some black men who went to Trump.

Plenty of asian cops around me. But lmao if you dont think cops will be racist towards asian if china begins to dominate more and more. They're chuds.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Judakel posted:

Plenty of asian cops around me. But lmao if you dont think cops will be racist towards asian if china begins to dominate more and more. They're chuds.

Asian cops are also very likely to get even more racist in an effort to act more white-adjacent and as "I'm on your side" signaling/cover to the chuddy white cops

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Latinos are definitely going to make headway into the GOP, some latino subgroups are more conservative than people realize.

Don't source your quotes.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Uh, it appears the libs are gonna go hard on, well...

quote:

It's really, really hard to believe that the lab actively studying coronaviruses located a couple of blocks away from where the novel coronavirus pandemic originated had nothing to do with the outbreak. It really just beggars belief.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Uh, it appears the libs are gonna go hard on, well...

Monday NBC news did a segment about the WHO'S corona report which concluded that the virus being engineered was exceedingly unlikely and literally the next sentence went into the Wuhan lab and how they were studying bats and corona, and how exceedingly unlikely doesn't mean impossible. All the news networks have their marching orders and succ dems get their marching orders from the news so there you go.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
with Hardy Family Official

so that's the name huh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I mentioned this in the Xinjiang thread, but in the same way that you can talk down the claims from "a new Holocaust" to merely "cultural genocide", while still maintaining that that in itself is enough of a reason to sanction and antagonize China, you can similarly talk down the COVID-19 claims from "was a lab-created bioweapon" down to "well we don't know, but it COULD be related to the lab SOMEHOW" and still maintain that there's enough "known unknowns" to doubt the official story and use that as justification to sanction and antagonize China.

remember that Biden began his national campaign by demanding that a team of US scientists needed to be send on the ground to China to investigate Wuhan. He didn't mention anything so radical as to be considered outright kookery, but just the spectre of "well we need OUR GUYS down there to find out" is enough.

and especially since the US is raising doubts over the WHO report, which is parroting yet another position of the Trump administration that the WHO can't be trusted (since it allegedly is a mouthpiece for the PRC).

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

WorkerThread posted:

way behind on the thread but i just want to say lol at the insanely high "champ" energy in this video

lmao i knew her video reminded me of something but i couldnt quite place it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Asian cops are also very likely to get even more racist in an effort to act more white-adjacent and as "I'm on your side" signaling/cover to the chuddy white cops

the white cops will of course still utterly loathe them and throw them under the bus at the first possible oppurtunity

tale as old as time

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/YellowSMO/status/1377434584652996608?s=19

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

:aochloe:

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
https://twitter.com/garbagemaker/status/1377444095338106884

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1377227971736526850

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

:aochloe:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Whoa dude you better check your privilege and solve climate change before you start telling Joe Biden to close the loving camps

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

he has achieved enlightenment

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DavidCFathi/status/1377428114469425156?s=19

:thunk:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Oh poo poo, we finally gonna liberate Guantanamo.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

uh someone tell the state dept that gitmo isnt part of cuba

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

time to break out the sonic weapon again

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

The first time I went to the hole, I was thirteen years old, serving time in a juvenile facility in California. Pretty normal for that part of my life and in that place filled with angry boys, it was after a fight. The punishment was called a “twenty-four.” Twenty-four hours in an empty room without any windows, dressed in your underwear, on a metal bunk with a dirty sheet and a ratty blanket. Like the others tossed in there, I spent the time masturbating, kicking on the door and yelling, and mulling over the misdirection of my life, in about equal measure.

When I first went to the hole in an adult facility, in Los Angeles County Jail, I was confronted with an all-too-familiar experience of isolation and deprivations. The rationale underlying the hole, that deliberately imposed suffering results in some kind of benefit to the person enduring it, or perhaps to the jail itself, or maybe society, never made any sense to me. All I ever got out of it was pain and anger. And profound, debilitating sadness.

In L.A. County Jail, the hole is located in several places and called several different things: “High Power” is for the permanent placement of notorious prisoners, serious gang members, and various others who had disrupted the system inside of the jail enough to piss off the deputies. “Administrative Segregation” or ad-seg is the jail inside of the jail. In ad-seg, those charged with an infraction, from violent acts to drug dealing to back talking a deputy, are held pending a disciplinary hearing. Those in ad-seg have not been convicted of any misbehavior inside, which has little relevance to the fact that they are still subjected to a series of punishments and loss of privileges. Then there is 2940, which was known as “deep seg.” Behind a nondescript door in the main corridor of the second floor on the old side of the jail, behind another heavy steel door with no numbers on it and no window, are four cells behind still more solid doors, into which even light is barred from entry. In these cells the deputies put those they most hated or feared.

One of my closest friends, Silent, was tossed in one of those blackout cells after he took part in a protest inside of High Power. He was there for three weeks in the dark, fighting off the bugs and the stench and the terrifying, deafening roar of utter stillness and isolation. Many years later, before he died far too early, he told me it was like being crushed, that he could feel the darkness squeezing him from all sides. He was a tough guy, a true old school convict, but when he told me about the experience, I saw the flash of fear in his eyes. Together we overcame bad odds and survived brutal battles that could easily have left either or both of us dead on the concrete floors. I had never seen fear in his eyes before that conversation.

• • •

The first, and longest, time I went to the hole in the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation was for beating a guy up who owed me money for drugs. I was nineteen years old, fresh into the pen, and selling dope for an older prisoner. When Paul failed to meet the deadline for payment, I braced him up and told him he now owed me double. Two weeks later, after a bizarre chain of events that included Paul ratting me out, he paid his debt. The elders (the drug dealers) there at Soledad told me to let it go and continue business. It stuck in my craw.

A couple of months later, after I learned I was being transferred out of Soledad, I saw him walk by my cell. After I ran into his cell, beat the crap out of him, and then passed out his property on the tier to anyone who walked by, I was in the hole. Looking back, this is one of the clearer moments that highlight the depths of my descent into wanton cruelty and madness. I bought and paid for the ticket to that experience in the hole. It lasted about a year-and-a-half.

https://solitarywatch.org/2020/09/02/inside-the-hole-enduring-solitary-confinement-in-california/

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Here's the thing, I get deployed by fema? I will be down there giving aide, and I will do it to provide care for these people. Not shitpost at others that they dont know what real harm is or what the name of a camp is. I can actually provide aide and if authorized I can and will go down there to do so for these kids. I can provide a level of care and humane treatment. Not scream at hypothetical enemies like most of the people here are. Aruan has a point, put your money where your mouth is, provide aide or go there and do it yourself or shut up.

I can get deployed at any time and go to national disasters and humanitarian crisis as part of my job, I can say I can help and do it, not scream endlessly at a windmill to try and own others. Saying that YOU can't change anything is wrong, anyone can do something to enact change. It just means not staring at your computer looking for excuses on what theres nothing that will ever change so why bother.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Thump! posted:

Here's the thing, I get deployed by fema? I will be down there giving aide, and I will do it to provide care for these people. Not shitpost at others that they dont know what real harm is or what the name of a camp is. I can actually provide aide and if authorized I can and will go down there to do so for these kids. I can provide a level of care and humane treatment. Not scream at hypothetical enemies like most of the people here are. Aruan has a point, put your money where your mouth is, provide aide or go there and do it yourself or shut up.

I can get deployed at any time and go to national disasters and humanitarian crisis as part of my job, I can say I can help and do it, not scream endlessly at a windmill to try and own others. Saying that YOU can't change anything is wrong, anyone can do something to enact change. It just means not staring at your computer looking for excuses on what theres nothing that will ever change so why bother.

lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
shits hosed.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Thump! posted:

What did you say to me you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the frontline workers, and I’ve been involved in numerous fema camps, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Thump! posted:

How are u posted:

Sure. I was in Bolivia in 2016 doing aid work while Evo was trying to get his constituional amendment passed to let him do the extra term. Bolivians were talking about it constantly, and there were very mixed feelings. Undoubtedly the guy has done immense good for Bolivia, but people were really wary about his growing authoritarian tendency.

This was in cocha, not santa cruz or something. working people and students.

I thought Evo was loving great for a long time. But he's a man, and men are fallible, and we shouldn't put men on pedestals. I don't think the coup was right or justified, but i also don't think evo was justified in grabbing for more power pre-coup rather than stepping aside and enthusiastically supporting a good successor.

I'm enormously glad that the coup failed and that the people of Bolivia still have a democratic government.

Edit: I can source quotes if they come from this thread, right?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
What the gently caress did you just say about me you little bitch? I deploy all the time for FEMA and shove food packets directly into the mouths of starving orphans, so don't you loving DARE call them concentration camps

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cpt_Obvious posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
aoc is such a piece of dogshit

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

What the gently caress did you just say about me you little bitch? I deploy all the time for FEMA and shove food packets directly into the mouths of starving orphans, so don't you loving DARE call them concentration camps

They're more like focus retreats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I forgot he was CIA. That's really funny.