Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I think whoever said eyes wide shut taught the rich to do creepy sex crap like the Godfather taught monsters to wear suits might be on to something because otherwise someone is keeping really good control of all these god drat blackmail tapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

didn't know Gaetz' wife was Palmer Luckey's sister and it made me think oh hey, haven't heard of Luckey Palmer since he got ousted from Oculus wonder what he's up to

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
palmer is a 20-something boomer ~enterpreneur~ lmao

nut
Jul 30, 2019

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/1373856893651722241?s=20

followed to the article to get this amazing piece of writing

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I think whoever said eyes wide shut taught the rich to do creepy sex crap like the Godfather taught monsters to wear suits might be on to something because otherwise someone is keeping really good control of all these god drat blackmail tapes

I wonder if it's all held together by the perceived threat that individually they're all blackmailed. If you care about living, you'd probs work to avoid crossing that line.

But I mean from their perspective that has to be one of the perks to having access to everyone's identity online? Nobody can get to the top without someone having access to your secrets. The further the individual falls into the blackmailed behavior, the more intense the blackmail becomes, just like any other system they can imagine.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

nut posted:

https://twitter.com/PalmerLuckey/status/1373856893651722241?s=20

followed to the article to get this amazing piece of writing

All that stuff is live and used in combat right now,

Like not just the fake simulation war games.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Torpor posted:

Do we have any idea who "the major" was or what he looked like at waco?

in 2005, Terry Nichols recalled the "fit of rage" McVeigh had when he saw the Major, who he told Nichols was Larry A. Potts, the chief FBI officer on the ground at both Ruby Ridge and the Waco siege.

take that with a grain of salt, because McVeigh said it, but also it fits exactly. Potts was running PATCON at the time, and would later become Deputy FBI Director (under GHWB if I remember right).

edit: I'm writing up the next little bit in the story, but I want to emphasize to everyone just how exhaustive this book really is. Dr. Painting is the only person to date who has gone through the entire Jones Collection, which is the defense team's mountain of documents/interviews/records/pictures/letters that McVeigh fought to have destroyed or sealed forever.

Buy her book! Directly from the publisher, please don't go through Amazon. Click here!

mdemone has issued a correction as of 15:41 on Mar 31, 2021

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

anyway, continuing our story as the bomb plot comes to fruition...

The Many Timothy McVeighs in OKC on 4/19/95

In the weeks leading up to the bombing, multiple McVeighs, multiple Ryder trucks, and multiple John Doe #2s appeared along the trail of places & dates critical to the bombing. "Witnesses from different areas of the country and who didn't know each other....reported that [he] made a point of announcing his name (McVey, McNey, McVeigh) and told them to remember it because they would hear it again soon."

At one time, the FBI had surveillance video from the Murrah Building, showing lots of different guys who went around introducing themselves to eyewitnesses as Tim McVey, Tim McVeigh, or other variations, often spelling out the last name. (Usually they did this under the guise of applying for this or that thing, it's a federal building after all.)

"Employees described them, alternately, as good-looking, having distinct facial markings, wearing an earring, dressed neatly, dressed sloppily, holding a walkie-talkie, or rummaging through the mail."

McVeigh himself swore he'd never been inside the building. (Why would a bomber expose themselves like that?) And the FBI later claimed the surveillance video from the Murrah had been accidentally lost or destroyed, as were the videos of the bomber(s) exiting the vehicle.

The OKC Fire Dept had already been put on alert the previous Friday by the FBI for terrorist activities in the near future, although the FBI later denied that. That night, McVeigh checks in to the Dreamland motel in Junction City Kansas. The owner of the motel, her son, and guests later said the man parked two different Ryder trucks over that weekend, first a small, faded one, then a larger, new one. A Chinese-food driver delivers an order to Robert Kling at the motel room, and would later insist that the man who answered the door did not look like McVeigh, Nichols, or any John Doe #2 sketches.

On April 17, a man with a pockmarked face rented a Ryder truck from a nearby body shop, using a South Dakota drivers license of Bob Kling, born 4/19/72. The time stamp of the rental receipt was 4:19 PM.

On the morning of 4/19, an ATF stakeout for a sting operation in the Murrah Building was suddenly discontinued at 6:00 AM. Several eyewitnesses reported seeing bomb disposal units in the area; none of these witnesses were ever called to testify at trial.

At 8:32 AM, the DOJ office in Washington gets a phone call from a man who does not give his name. He says that the federal building in OKC has just been bombed, and that he knows because he's standing across from it.

At 9:02 AM, the bomb goes off. A couple blocks away, a passerby hears a man with pockmarked face and stained teeth remark to his two companions "poo poo happens, doesn't it?"

to be continued

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

A Bakers Cousin posted:

All that stuff is live and used in combat right now,

Like not just the fake simulation war games.

Probably going to be used in america soon enough

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1377266397680635904?s=21

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Happy Thread posted:

The threat isn't to blow the operation's public cover by posting it to the media/internet or something, but to simply have the agency forward a tape to the FBI with no comment as to how they obtained it, where it is then used to convict the individual in a closed-door fashion with the tapes kept sealed due to being illegal for the courts to publish. The court cases involving pedophilia are probably shuffled around between court officials to prevent pattern recognition -- any cause for any individual investigators to go "Hey all these compromising evidence tapes that keep getting forwarded to us across all these high-profile court cases? They all have matching wallpaper and furniture in the backgrounds and video format and quality. What's going on there, who's filming all these?". Or if anyone does figure it that it's big and tries to report it upstream they're told to keep their mouth shut, of course.

And it just works, the blackmail material gets acted upon in a low-profile manner, the uncooperative individual gets arraigned by the courts, the media slams them as a lone wolf pedo criminal, and they disappear in disgrace without the operation having to risk exposure or change anything up. How many officials have gone down in pedophilia or trafficking cases that would have otherwise been flimsy against them without the added sealed evidence of tapes, which are perhaps never mentioned outside the court case to the public?

I bolded these parts because I'm sure that you just predicted the future of American political life. Inconvenient politicians will be accused and disappeared in show trials. Nobody will ever know whether there was even evidence presented...

What really weirds me out is that deepfakes, feared for their ability to discredit people, will actually be used to exonerate... "it was a deep fake your honor, post-developed with a grainy security filter."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Epstein only died in 2019?! I say, as I stare off into the middle distance and think about what I've discovered since then

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

nut posted:

didn't know Gaetz' wife was Palmer Luckey's sister and it made me think oh hey, haven't heard of Luckey Palmer since he got ousted from Oculus wonder what he's up to

all the sex perverts controlling mercenary forces and poo poo is kind of disconcerting, ngl

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

JHomer722 posted:

all the sex perverts controlling mercenary forces and poo poo is kind of disconcerting, ngl

That's just nature's way, JHomer722.

always_has_been_asteonaut_meme.jpg

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

JHomer722 posted:

don't worry, the regular military forces are also controlled by rapists

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

JHomer722 posted:

Let me tell you about a man named Jeffrey E Epstein and his book of friends.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

JHomer722 posted:

sex perverts run the entire world OP

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Perry Mason Jar posted:

sex perverts run the entire world OP

why go through the trouble of running the world if not to get away with your evil gently caress habits

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Marzzle posted:

why go through the trouble of running the world if not to get away with your evil gently caress habits

now there's a thought that's gonna faster.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its good to be king

nut
Jul 30, 2019

is Andreessen Horowitz just a military fund funnel or just military adjacent

Zook
Oct 3, 2014

A Bakers Cousin posted:

this is backwards, the rich being sickos is much older than any movie, eyes wide shut was about the current generation of powerful pedophiles who rule out society, eyes wide shut was originally going to be kubrick's attempt to expose the cabal, albeit subtly, so he was killed, then they edited the film, the original message about the pedo cabal is still there though if you look closely enough, specifically the way that the 'crazy sex' portion is in between the parts with the child prostitute at the costume shop and the part with his kid at the end, and how the group in the film knew cruises character was an imposter from the start, so showed him something very specific, his wife was in on it because she knows he isn't a pedophile.

As a way to rub it in they released the film theatrically the same night they took out JFK Jr lol

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009
Nah man they killed Kubrick so he wouldn't spill his guts about the moon landing. That set was made of cream cheese and chalk and I tell ya

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kubrick commenting on the perverse underbelly of a social order he was a part of is far more plausible than silliness about the moon but w/e i guess. The movie is clearly abt those things and he died after turning the cut in and it's plausible it was retaliation vOv

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
eyes wide shut is a masterpiece

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I watched it for the first time in 2012 or so and I did not sleep that night

Vogler
Feb 6, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

Kubrick commenting on the perverse underbelly of a social order he was a part of is far more plausible than silliness about the moon but w/e i guess. The movie is clearly abt those things and he died after turning the cut in and it's plausible it was retaliation vOv

Either that or he suffered a heart attack as an obese 70 year old working under immense stress. No, no. That sounds too plausible. It must be "them".

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
so ive gone down a deep rabbit hole back to ww2 and the origins of aspects of the octopus on some research.

quote:

My father was a Ukrainian who had ended up in Britain at the end of the Second World War. Thankfully for him he was taken prisoner by the Allies and later released into the community rather than sent back to Ukraine and be dispatched with.

that is basically straight up saying that he probably was part of the SS->Rimini->UK pipeline, yah? Can't find any additional documentation past this point though.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Vogler posted:

Either that or he suffered a heart attack as an obese 70 year old working under immense stress. No, no. That sounds too plausible. It must be "them".

you're very silly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1377521171873337345?s=19

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Vogler posted:

https://youtu.be/fomOeIhEWDg

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

Vogler posted:

Kubrick also hated/feared doctors and refused annual check ups, he probably had untreated hypertension for years and years

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

sounds like kubrick was a prime target for early beta tests of the heart attack gun

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i think one of the biggest symptoms of being extremely online is that you surround yourself with so many like-minded people that you get bored of important things because you forget what most people think and believe in comparison with your friend group (obviously covid hasn't helped). That, or it's the other biggest symptom of being extremely online where it's just a joke to get people angry at you.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
D&D charging into this thread with their bullshit:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I'm on page 460 of this thread and Wayfair has just released a statement that they are not trafficking children in their expensive filing cabinets

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Ham Cheeks posted:

I'm on page 460 of this thread and Wayfair has just released a statement that they are not trafficking children in their expensive filing cabinets

not to pump up my own post but have fun on page 464

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ham Cheeks posted:

That was funny.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Wayfair!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaupo Guacho
Aug 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

gradenko_2000 posted:

Epstein only died in 2019?! I say, as I stare off into the middle distance and think about what I've discovered since then
have you discovered anything that's made you happier? or made you a better husband, father or son? How about anything that's even helped you personally enrich yourself? (if you have more money than you feel you need you can donate some to families with food insecurities). merely curious.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)