Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://twitter.com/Hoe_Leopard/status/1377320029335748609

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Breakfast All Day posted:

lmao people going "uuhhhh sure russia lets in more immigrants than us, but then they systematically force them into undesirable low wage work and never guarantee them citizenship!"

Australia treats refugees poorly which is a statement worthy of standing on its own apparently. Still trying to figure out what that is supposed to imply but it will be fine as joepinetree gets slapped soon for engaging within their rules.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

The weekly dnd forays into QCS always produce the best content as the rest of the site is forced to reckon with their absurd rules and content.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

We have the proud, open statement of the man who built the camps on the intention behind them. Barack Obama, and his vice president, Joe Biden, were quite clear on their intended purpose.

We would deter immigration, by making it clear to all that attempting to enter America while unwanted would be punishable by tremendous suffering. As he proceeded to demonstrate, the mechanics of this strategy of deterrence were brutal! Your children would be hurled into dog cages, photographed in their abject misery, and then forced to represent themselves in court, in an open mockery of the concept of a fair trial. You would be made a public, vicious example of, in the hopes that if a democratic administration administered sufficient pain to the undesirable, this would solve the problem of unwanted demographics attempting to enter the country of their betters.

The excuse "The system is broken" is a fundamental attribution error. The system has been functioning precisely as it was designed to, ever since the first five-year-old was told to represent himself in court back in 2014. To concentrate those of undesirable ethnicity, in order to facilitate their purgation from the nation-body, with sufficient brutality to terrify others who might follow in their footsteps.

Obama told you, confident in the knowledge that history would vindicate him as a cunning strategist for saying so: the cruelty was always the point.

good post

https://twitter.com/Eangel4285/status/1377181455906836481?s=20
This is well intentioned, but these people all assume leadership can be shamed and isn't comprised of sociopath monsters.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The weekly dnd forays into QCS always produce the best content as the rest of the site is forced to reckon with their absurd rules and content.

I wonder what happened to Fluffdaddy saying the rules against saying concentration camp were stupid and they would get back to us and then crickets

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

good post

https://twitter.com/Eangel4285/status/1377181455906836481?s=20
This is well intentioned, but these people all assume leadership can be shamed and isn't comprised of sociopath monsters.

a lot of general media figures looked at last year's protests and said "this is why it's important to VOTE" and maybe they'd grapple a little bit with the actual issues causing protests if they happened under a Dem

but maybe not because nothing matters etc etc etc

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

this is a nobody who got QTed into my timeline but I thought I'd repost it because it's just such great content

https://twitter.com/DmitrysPlane/status/1377638791276560387

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

a lot of general media figures looked at last year's protests and said "this is why it's important to VOTE" and maybe they'd grapple a little bit with the actual issues causing protests if they happened under a Dem

"If VOTE didn't solve these issues then what can?" is a question no American journalist wants to ask.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

guess we’ll see what happens when chauvin gets acquitted

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
The democrats are good, CSPAM is bad.

Biden's doing a good job and the US is definitely not running concentration camps

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
hahaha sorry april fools prank guys sorry if that post caused you any stress

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

loquacius posted:

Turns out that rationalizing the same crimes as Good Actually is the play

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

:mods:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Eggplant Squire posted:

"If VOTE didn't solve these issues then what can?" is a question no American journalist wants to ask.

Yeah, it'd be something like this or "vote out the whatever GOP are up in 2022". Also, I do have to admit that I do think voting does help in some cases still (Dem primaries, and districts where third parties can actually organize like the Philly City Council). But voting in general elections for the President is pretty much pointless. I have told people in this state that I don't even care if they vote in the general because it means nothing in most districts here.

I feel confident in saying that protests cannot work unless they disrupt power, and the best way to non-violently threaten power is by harming capital. But that'd take a major amount of effort, and would likely result in the arrests of many people who are already vulnerable.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

The democrats are good, CSPAM is bad.

Biden's doing a good job and the US is definitely not running concentration camps

:mods:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

i'll see you in qcs mother fucker

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It feels like before a movement that's otherwise willing to sustain casualties on the level of Myanmar gets to that point, the Democrats offer them "a seat at the table" and the thing just deflates

I don't know how you get past that hump of all the liberals deciding that a nice photo op as a concession is enough

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

close d&d as a funny april fool prank hah ha

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

loquacius posted:

part of the job of "general media figures" is to channel dissent into what's possible in a bourgeois democratic context

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

I’m a proud bastard and the democrat party can eat my entire rear end :colbert:

I'm proud of you too son

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think a lot of well intentioned, morally good people, view issues like the concentration camps, and think two incorrect things:

1. That leadership isn't comprised of about 95% insane sociopaths with brains that are literally wired differently than the norm as they lack empathy and shame.

2. That average Americans have enough time in the day to act on these issues, or even learn about them, when they're simultaneously working two or three jobs, and struggling to pay for basic needs. For example, I talked to a guy yesterday who needs addiction treatment, but has Maryland Medicaid because he moved to DE in December. He tried to switch to DE Medicaid but they denied him because he's on food stamps. Now he can't get a doctor in his price range who is nearby, and will probably use again. How is that guy supposed to act to help the kids at the border when the country is actively trying to kill him too?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

It feels like before a movement that's otherwise willing to sustain casualties on the level of Myanmar gets to that point, the Democrats offer them "a seat at the table" and the thing just deflates

I don't know how you get past that hump of all the liberals deciding that a nice photo op as a concession is enough

I don't think you can unless conditions get dramatically worse quickly, and apparently COVID-19 was not enough for that.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

in the US you've got the twin poisons of most organizations able to mobilize crowds being closely tied to the democrats, and lots of the radicals outside of the democrats being anarchists who view organizations of more than a dozen people as something inorganic and authoritarian

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Reality Protester posted:

christopher walken snl prank skit the dnd mods

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

in the US you've got the twin poisons of most organizations able to mobilize crowds being closely tied to the democrats, and lots of the radicals outside of the democrats being anarchists who view organizations of more than a dozen people as something inorganic and authoritarian

lol anarchists

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

but also don't reopen it

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Pennsylvania considers me "phase 1C" which means I could get it starting April 12 but it's probably gonna be a HUGE rush

Just go to Oklahoma :rolleyes:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Nichael posted:

lol anarchists

there's a variety of US anarchist that disdains even self-organization which is bizarre to me. Even go into the Cool Zone thread and you can find people who oppose organizations calling for events or bullhorns at protests in general. Like, how is a movement supposed to oppose the state if even a sound system is too hierarchical.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

And not as a prank.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

there's a variety of US anarchist that disdains even self-organization which is bizarre to me. Even go into the Cool Zone thread and you can find people who oppose organizations calling for events or bullhorns at protests in general. Like, how is a movement supposed to oppose the state if even a sound system is too hierarchical.

It seemed like their particular disdain for bullhorns was that liberals/plants were leading masses of protestors straight into police kettles.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Inshallah

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Yadoppsi posted:

She falsely accused someone of sexually harassing her and had a meltdown in QCS when the proof he didn't came out. Even if she was as good friends with Jeff as she claimed I dont know how you live that down.

Jesus. Never sure if my decision to avoid QCS was the right call or not

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

misadventurous posted:

guess we’ll see what happens when chauvin gets acquitted

theyll probably just convict him then change the law like they did on the laquon mcdonald shooter so that he gets a really short sentence, and deny all appeals

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1377648728274788360?s=20

she's back to being good again

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Boywhiz88 posted:

I saw in GBS or somewhere else that Pick, as their alt account Choose, was saying adios to the forums.

Yeah rip

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Because they're more interested in being wreckers

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

April 1st is the worst goddamn day

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Australia treats refugees poorly which is a statement worthy of standing on its own apparently. Still trying to figure out what that is supposed to imply but it will be fine as joepinetree gets slapped soon for engaging within their rules.

I confirmed with Handsome Ralp that using a poster's history to show that they changed their mind on immigration on 1/20 is prohibited, but using a poster's history to accuse them of just trying to own the libs is fine. So I made the mistake of touching the poop and immediately regret it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I don't understand this prank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

joepinetree posted:

Handsome Ralp

lol