Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Removing all lead pipes is unironically a great thing, but as you said, good luck. If Flint still doesn’t have clean water despite all the press, imagine how much is going to get done anywhere else. It does remind me that people’s lovely two seat prop planes still use leaded gasoline (don’t live near airports if you can help it, not even small ones).

hobbesmaster posted:

5G actually can actually “solve it” in a way HSPA never could but who knows if they actually will implement it in the areas that need good broadband

Can it? They are putting in 5G towers in my neighborhood and they are literally every 500-1000 feet. You can see 3 more from the one in the corner. Doesn’t seem all that much more efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hardest working man in the Biden administration

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

smarxist posted:

hardest working man in the Biden administration

He needs to work on his zinc intake imho

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Pulcinella posted:

Can it? They are putting in 5G towers in my neighborhood and they are literally every 500-1000 feet. You can see 3 more from the one in the corner. Doesn’t seem all that much more efficient.

5G is not for you it's for corporations who want autonomous stuff

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pulcinella posted:

how many DSLAMs/CMTSs are in the area.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

At least they just have him making dog noises this time

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

so this plan is poo poo huh

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

KaptainKrunk posted:

so this plan is poo poo huh

You'll have to be more specific than that, they all kind of suck tbh

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Pulcinella posted:

5G towers are extremely efficient for their actual purpose, which is the fire hosing of telecoms with government subsidies in the name of “staying ahead of China” with maybe some extra bennies for the surveillance state thrown in

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

we already paid for the broadband! make that poo poo freeeeeeee

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It sounds like there is some good stuff in there but gently caress Biden anyways.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Biden's payed lip service with some not terrible sounding policies lately but just loving lmao if you take a liberal politician at their word or have any faith in them to enact said policies and not gently caress it up or let the Republicans neuter it in the same of ~bipartisanship~

I have zero faith Biden can pull it off

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
First they propose good sounding things then leave them sitting there to soak up positive press for a few weeks. Then they start negotiating with themselves to make it worse. Then they pass the worse thing in the house. Then they start negotiating with the senate republicans to make it worse. Then it never passes anyway.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

First they propose good sounding things then leave them sitting there to soak up positive press for a few weeks. Then they start negotiating with themselves to make it worse. Then they pass the worse thing in the house. Then they start negotiating with the senate republicans to make it worse. Then it never passes anyway.

Can you make that into a you are here flow chart?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

hobbesmaster posted:

how many DSLAMs/CMTSs are in the area.

Lol

People have been ignoring telecom infrastructure for so long that even the basic tel boxes are just part of the landscape now.

Also, I haven't had to touch a dslam since 2012 and that's hilarious to me for some reason.

As much as I want 5g to be great, the issues I have are the same as for what we have now: it'll be implemented in the most capitalist hell way possible.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

leftbro SomethingAwful biden hate makes Stormfront look like Coldfront

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

I like how trump's thing was "I'll get back to you in two weeks" and the dems are like "uhh... 2 years after this administration can't possibly still be in office"

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

My WH sources tell me the president's brain has been transferred out of his decaying body and into a German Sheppard. He's just getting used to the doggovision and mistook a groundskeeper for his wife.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

drat i missed 69

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

platzapS posted:

leftbro SomethingAwful biden hate makes Stormfront look like Coldfront

that's because he wants most of the same things stormfront wants hth

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"nothing will fundamentally change!"

WHITE PATRIARCH IN WHITE SUPREMACIST PATRIARCHY COUNTRY: cool.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1377597084803739648

hate him, but good on Biden.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1377270827230502913

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Does anyone have a good source for the number of Trump people, that Biden could easily replace, are still in the administration?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1377576514640871425?s=20

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
joe biden is the greatest president of all time and will bring forward numerous progressive ideals to the forefront and execute them with ease

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Louisgod posted:

joe biden is the greatest president of all time and will bring forward numerous progressive ideals to the forefront and execute them with ease

:nms:https://twitter.com/NutDivide/status/1377484599970852864?s=19:nms:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

and yet

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/NutDivide/status/1377700518621892615?s=19

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

I'm so happy for Biden.

He can fill that jar so much faster now.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fake news, that's not shia lebouf

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol what the gently caress

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

https://twitter.com/Peaconk/status/1377700798352752642?s=20

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
whenever he’s running empty he can tag out and let her do the job

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Louisgod posted:

What are yall gonna do if he does though?!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

fake news, that's not shia lebouf

They're photoshopped into the room wrf

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

nah he's still gonna help kill innocent people; this is just to save face when the Houthis overrun the rest of the country

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Jopen Biden: This makes Jim eating crow look like Jim spreading eagle

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

poor girlfriend not getting any cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

this forum makes Dred Scott look like Dred English