Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Hot Take: Nanba is at the bottom of Yakuza Like A Dragon tier list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Got home to start my holiday and decided that because Disco Elysium had finished downloading the update I would give it a try.

I just spoke to Noise and Harrow because I originally felt very unintelligent at not understanding stuff.

My words were 'So far I have gotten dressed and feel very small' but they have assured me that it is part of the game and it is more a vibe thing than me not being smart enough to play.

So here is to a lauded game inbetween my souls journey! :D

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

I had a weird experience where Zhao was doing better damage than Joon-gi Han in the endgame in their default jobs, even with equivalently-upgraded weapons. Zhao was just clearing battles like crazy with the ladder spin Essence move and doing just as much single-target damage to bosses as Joon-gi. Almost felt like I was doing something wrong.

I don't think you're wrong really, it's just that I value elemental coverage/poison/speed over AoE damage. Got plenty of that in the party already, and Joon-gi can contribute with Divine Shot and Fulminating Forecast.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just finished work and now I'm on leave for 10 days. Gonna play so many video games :getin:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

Just finished work and now I'm on leave for 10 days. Gonna play so many video games :getin:

Please play MGS1. It's cheap on PSN (and comes with the VR missions pack which has some... interesting surprises) and you will only be able to buy it in the next few months as the PS3 store is closing forever.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Considering the kind of odyssey that MGS4 has been for you, I think you would really get some enjoyment out of playing whatever parts of the early series you haven't played yet. Also, it was funny to watch your running commentary.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think I have it in my gamelist somewhere as part of a collection

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Good, that should be enough time to watch the MGS4 ending sequence (barely)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Hot Take: Nanba is at the bottom of Yakuza Like A Dragon tier list.

I wish my squares were "Genuinely insult another poster" and "Tell your posting comrades to shut the gently caress up"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I hope it was not I who broke the wing of the stuffed Skua.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man do I have bad news for you anytime you're going to think "Boy I sure hope it wasn't me that did that"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I hope it was not I who broke the wing of the stuffed Skua.

Buddy have I got some things to tell you about Raphael Alphonso Cousteau

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I stand by my position on where I rank Nanba.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Some of the dialogue you can pick is incredible. My officer wants a name that is orange and gold. I am struggling to think of some myself.

Orange and gold is a powerfully warm combination so you want a name that rolls and is two or more syllables. Perhaps Antonio. I am not sure!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Walla posted:

I actually prefer getting systems after they're "dead". They're cheaper, safer to mod and the games are cheap or free.

That makes me wonder, can't the Vita stream PS3/4 games?

A few years ago you could play psnow games on vita, but they killed that.

You can still stream from your own ps3 or ps4 to vita with remote play. The ps3 selection is super limited, like so limited it was a major selling point that the vita can stream any ps one classic... Even though it can also download them and just play them.

But vita can remote play any ps4 game. I had a little latency but I played ff15 on my vita a few hundred miles from my ps4 once.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Poor vita, we hardly knew ye.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My tie is telling me to cheese it from a bill.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

VideoGames posted:

Orange and gold is a powerfully warm combination so you want a name that rolls and is two or more syllables. Perhaps Antonio. I am not sure!
Rosso di Aureo. If you pronounce it in that particularly energetic Italian way, it almost sounds like only four syllables.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

excited for Veeg to play the 2019 game of the year and for Rarity to play it in 2032

you are both very good posters and I like reading your posts when you get into a game :)

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I'm waiting for the patch to fix the PS4 version. It won't go past the stat allocation at the beginning and it sucks. I've been wanting to play DE for ages now.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Cuno just brought up Night City and the narrator with the gorgeous voice says it does not exist. Poor cyberpunk 2077.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I played Disco Elysium three months ago!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Beat 13 sentinels last night in a sleep deprived haze it was very good! I won't bore people with my detailed rambling thoughts so I just made a fun tier list instead since this thread loves those.

Okino would be in the A tier If I were to include important tertiary characters

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

I played Disco Elysium three months ago!

I have just been informed of this, sorry for doing "rarity-neglectful posting crimes"

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Should I start playing disco elysium? But sekiro...

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

No. Play Sekiro.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Keep playing Sekiro. I just wanted to play something in between my soulsian adventures. You are living the ninja dream!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Disco Elysium pipped Sekiro for 2019 GOTY and was still top ten in 2020, I think the choice is clear (and I think I need to get it now)

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I am waiting on the Disco Elysium port to god's console

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

wuggles posted:

I am waiting on the Disco Elysium port to god's console

It just came out on ps5 buddy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

I have just been informed of this, sorry for doing "rarity-neglectful posting crimes"

Come to BYOB to make your penance :cop:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I do not understand BYOB and it kind of scares me a little.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just checked and N64 vs PS1 discussion went more than 5 posts so that's another bingo box checked :smug:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have had to pause my play there for the moment but I am so glad I waited for the voiceover before playing. Cuno having a brummie accent is wild.

Also my tie has my second favourite voice. And the narrator I could listen to all day.

Already feel something special from this game!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cardiovorax posted:

I do not understand BYOB and it kind of scares me a little.

The meaning of BYOB is :justpost:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

xedo posted:

A few years ago you could play psnow games on vita, but they killed that.

You can still stream from your own ps3 or ps4 to vita with remote play. The ps3 selection is super limited, like so limited it was a major selling point that the vita can stream any ps one classic... Even though it can also download them and just play them.

But vita can remote play any ps4 game. I had a little latency but I played ff15 on my vita a few hundred miles from my ps4 once.

Oh, that's cool poo poo. Now I need to get a PS4 so I can play P5R and 13 Sentinels in bed. The Vita just keeps getting better!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

fridge corn posted:

It just came out on ps5 buddy

They mean the Switch buddy. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

Beat 13 sentinels last night in a sleep deprived haze it was very good! I won't bore people with my detailed rambling thoughts so I just made a fun tier list instead since this thread loves those.

Okino would be in the A tier If I were to include important tertiary characters

this is a very respectable list

fridge corn posted:

I've been playing sekiro for the last several days on and off and whenever I'm not playing, it's all i can think about. recently bested a fiery quadruped and it seems like quite a few areas have opened up

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Just checked and N64 vs PS1 discussion went more than 5 posts so that's another bingo box checked :smug:

this is frankly a stressful square, respect for clearing it so early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Looper posted:

this is frankly a stressful square, respect for clearing it so early

Get on my level folks