Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Drinking Adagio cream tea because I crave the milk and cannot the milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Planet X

GOOD MORNING
I bought a cherry fig tea that is delightful iced

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

You can't milk a tea!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

You can't milk a tea!

I will FIND those plant paps and I will MILK THEM

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

I will FIND those plant paps and I will MILK THEM

You're out of control! You can't play god like this!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You're out of control! You can't play god like this!

*smashes a coconut* I WILL HUNT YOU *grinds hemp into a pulp* AND I WILL FIND YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

aldantefax posted:

Chamomile is just one flower bud to try. You can also try rose hip, osmanthus, jasmine, chamomile again, or a blend of stuff and try it out! good luck, frend

Will those also make me sleepy?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

aldantefax posted:

Chamomile is just one flower bud to try. You can also try rose hip, osmanthus, jasmine, chamomile again, or a blend of stuff and try it out! good luck, frend

Tension Tamer from Celestial Seasonings is my favourite, and it knocks me out much better than Sleepy Time

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Bilirubin

Teddy Thunders posted:

Oat milk goes well in tea

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Escape From Noise

Bilirubin posted:

Tension Tamer from Celestial Seasonings is my favourite, and it knocks me out much better than Sleepy Time

That box illustration is classic.

Also I went to the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder. It was a trip down memory lane for me.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

I think rooibos makes a nice ice tea

These chilled yerba mate drinks I can buy here sometimes are the real deal.

Heath

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My local tea place has a blend of some kind of Puerh (tuocha probably) with some cacao in it and I like to brew that up with a little vanilla soy milk mixed in and it's like hot chocolate

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bilirubin posted:

Oat milk goes well in tea

I'm out which is why I did the cream flavored tea.

JNCO BILOBA

Sipping an old standby, Waffles puerh

Finger Prince

Watching this Swiss railway journey on youtube, cold and rainy outside, lapsang suchong time.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
If you weren't just rich but tea rich would you have your gentleman's gentleman sip with you or would you tell the butler to step out while you savored a cuppa?

Bilirubin

time for tea

OMGVBFLOL posted:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hello tea friends i had some delightful teas yesterday

https://westchinatea.com/30g-haunted-plum/

a tea which really does smell like plums but contains no additives for the scenting process, this is all owing to the skill of the roaster in working the leaves from that area.

i went to the place that stocks this since they just started up a membership program and i just happened to hear about it from a random local discord chatster, so i booked a reservation and went to go check it out. the entire place was a converted house so it was a bit odd but definitely my kinda place and people since we were able to talk at a higher level about tea than is the norm around here, which is: "isn't that for grannies or when you're sick and need some lipton" or: "tea, earl grey, hot. get it ha ha"

https://westchinatea.com/wild-purple-mini-bing/

this was the second tea, sheng puer is force-fermented puerh from mao cha (the raw tea leaf in processing). it's lovely as a lot of puerh in general trend towards very heavy herbaceous or medicinal notes but this just has a whiff of camphor that isn't overpowering and a pleasant finish, as well as towards the back end of steeping rounds (on round 13+) you start to get hints of vanilla and the mouthfeel changes to be a bit more full and creamy. I think if left to mature for another 3 years (shengs do not really age in the same way that shu puerh does) it will further mellow and have another layer of dimension that will just be right on the money. great tea

also, in correspondence with the crew before and after the four hour teahouse visit, they mentioned that there's a concept, "fa yun", which is a "destined meeting brought about by coincidence", or a kind of serendipity to find other people you really connect with. one of the guys who runs the joint did a podcast episode back in the day about it: https://soundcloud.com/gongfuchaarchives/02-yuan-fen

there was also a tiny apple-headed chihuahua with one eye named Quinn at the place. here she is with So Han, the owner of the place (and the speaker on that podcast):

anyway, p good tea overall

Bilirubin

aldantefax posted:

hello tea friends i had some delightful teas yesterday

https://westchinatea.com/30g-haunted-plum/

a tea which really does smell like plums but contains no additives for the scenting process, this is all owing to the skill of the roaster in working the leaves from that area.

i went to the place that stocks this since they just started up a membership program and i just happened to hear about it from a random local discord chatster, so i booked a reservation and went to go check it out. the entire place was a converted house so it was a bit odd but definitely my kinda place and people since we were able to talk at a higher level about tea than is the norm around here, which is: "isn't that for grannies or when you're sick and need some lipton" or: "tea, earl grey, hot. get it ha ha"

https://westchinatea.com/wild-purple-mini-bing/

this was the second tea, sheng puer is force-fermented puerh from mao cha (the raw tea leaf in processing). it's lovely as a lot of puerh in general trend towards very heavy herbaceous or medicinal notes but this just has a whiff of camphor that isn't overpowering and a pleasant finish, as well as towards the back end of steeping rounds (on round 13+) you start to get hints of vanilla and the mouthfeel changes to be a bit more full and creamy. I think if left to mature for another 3 years (shengs do not really age in the same way that shu puerh does) it will further mellow and have another layer of dimension that will just be right on the money. great tea

also, in correspondence with the crew before and after the four hour teahouse visit, they mentioned that there's a concept, "fa yun", which is a "destined meeting brought about by coincidence", or a kind of serendipity to find other people you really connect with. one of the guys who runs the joint did a podcast episode back in the day about it: https://soundcloud.com/gongfuchaarchives/02-yuan-fen

there was also a tiny apple-headed chihuahua with one eye named Quinn at the place. here she is with So Han, the owner of the place (and the speaker on that podcast):

anyway, p good tea overall

Thanks for this post, now I want to try all of these teas

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Bilirubin

Bilirubin posted:

Thanks for this post, now I want to try all of these teas

Checking into local tea merchants, and I am greatly tempted to try the milk oolong, given responses ITT. What else should I be sure to try? Here is their link: https://thenakedleaf.ca/

OMGVBFLOL posted:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Milk oolong is a very special kind of oolong that prioritizes the milk 'quality' of the aroma, arrival, taste, and finish. There are lower quality milk oolongs which artificially scent and so you get the aroma, but all the other qualities are generally lacking. If you are shopping and find one and try it but you're just kind of 'eh', then it was likely of that grade. It may be okay depending how picky you are or aren't and that's chill!

A 'true' milk oolong is actually very difficult to manufacture, as it must be processed by hand and no additives are added like artificial scents. It will be a little more gentle on the aroma and the arrival, but it will have endurance as you steep through it and have a unique taste on the liquor of the tea and the finish. Try looking also for 'jin xuan cha' or just 'jin xuan', as that is the romanized version of the milk oolong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Xuan_tea

Escape From Noise

Man, nothing like a good teahouse visit! Sounds nice!

Bilirubin

aldantefax posted:

Milk oolong is a very special kind of oolong that prioritizes the milk 'quality' of the aroma, arrival, taste, and finish. There are lower quality milk oolongs which artificially scent and so you get the aroma, but all the other qualities are generally lacking. If you are shopping and find one and try it but you're just kind of 'eh', then it was likely of that grade. It may be okay depending how picky you are or aren't and that's chill!

A 'true' milk oolong is actually very difficult to manufacture, as it must be processed by hand and no additives are added like artificial scents. It will be a little more gentle on the aroma and the arrival, but it will have endurance as you steep through it and have a unique taste on the liquor of the tea and the finish. Try looking also for 'jin xuan cha' or just 'jin xuan', as that is the romanized version of the milk oolong:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Xuan_tea

Thanks!

I've also been reading on pu-erh tea as well tonight and its complicated!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I had some Tazo trumeric tea yesterday it was good as far as herbal teas go

Vivian Darkbloom

I think rooibos makes a nice ice tea

Yes it sure does

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i've been having a cup of celestial seasoning sleepytime at night and dang it is making me think i could completely quit drinking and still be able to fall asleep

Bilirubin

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i've been having a cup of celestial seasoning sleepytime at night and dang it is making me think i could completely quit drinking and still be able to fall asleep

I have been thinking the same but with my Tension Tamer. Also weed.

Revisiting my old friend the mint and chocolate flavoured oolong :coffeepal:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i learned about the history behind the founding of celestial seasonings and it was fascinating and kind of odd but also good luck friends on your sleeps

seekrome

excellent accessorizing - great love & candour
drinking basic boring rear end black tea i warmed up in the microwave rn

Dip Viscous

sleepytime made me sleep like a baby all night but have the most intense, realistic dreams ever

to the point that i'd wake up, suddenly panic and spring out of bed realizing i'd forgotten about the text i'd gotten from my wife earlier that said one of her friends was going to need a lift soon because her car was in the shop and they needed a big load of groceries, then ten seconds later realize i've never been married

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Sleepytime tea is a hell of a drug

Escape From Noise

Pssssst! Hey buddy! Buddy! You lookin' for some Sleepytime? Just got a fresh shipment in! The spearmint is so fresh u can smell it!

Escape From Noise

I'm having some puerh after waking up at 2 in the afternoon. Still a day or two before I get results from my COVID test.

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I like to drink earl grey and pretend I'm a brilliant bald space captain.

JNCO BILOBA

Trying Liubao Laochapo for the first time. Pretty interesting. Not like any other tea I've had.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Drinking some mysterious origin puerh and trying to discern where it's from. It's kinda swampy, ngl.

Vivian Darkbloom

I finally bought an infuser so i can make a big pot of tea (to be iced) without a strainer like some kind of peasant

Escape From Noise

I'm having bancha. Still isolating.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

drinking tea...makes me have to pee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous

teasmade -> peesmade