Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Hryme posted:

In matter dimensions some of the photonic challenges require "infinite matter". Is that something that can be reached later? Currently my limit is 1e20 matter. It is wierd that some of the challenges unlocked early seems to have an unreachable goal.

anything over your limit shows as infinite unless you go into settings and turn that off. I think the idea is "you can't get to this right now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Thank you. Because of new page I missed your reply.

I don't think I will continue playing that idle. It is too much stuff that is unintuitive and wierd. And after doing a million (slight exaggaration) resets where I do the same actions repetedly I am getting tired of it. I assume that all can be automated later, but it is too late for me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah MD doesn’t really do it for me either.

Getting to the first Vacuumic and losing ALL other progress/upgrades/uautomation was very demoralizing. (Sure, achievements does help a bit, as well as the few starter nau/grav/photons)

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I still can't get over how Beard Speed diggers become incredibly useless really quickly.

Incremental Epic Hero is pretty fun, and it'll also be getting a sequel soon. Between this and NGU Industries, this year is looking to be highly idle.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Beard Speed diggers do actually become a bit handy several days into a way too long rebirth, but at that point your incremental gain from even another day is pretty inconsequential.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
boy i wish the reactions part of the collider was a little clearer about how it worked. I've learned that it's strong as gently caress, and that to optimize atoms or CK you need to mess around with it mid-run a bit, but can anyone decipher what the actual formulas mean? I've cleaned that the levels you have on the left somehow give you levels on the right, but i can't figure out the ratio or if it compounds on its own levels it gives, i just know that they're stronger than generation (aside from squeaking enough levels to get automation that doesn't reset)

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Blattdorf posted:

I still can't get over how Beard Speed diggers become incredibly useless really quickly.

I've never even bothered with them.

Also: What wishes (of those available in Evil) are worth prioritizing? I've just finished the tier 3 E/M/R3 boosts, I'm about to finish dual wielding and tier 3 Adventure stats, I have the Adventure and Hack card tier upgrades, and I've gotten all the low-hanging fruit below that.

Cockmaster fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 30, 2021

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Firstly, the number parts of the equations are just for show, so you can safely ignore those. All that matters are the input and output elements, and how many times they appear on each side.

You take the total number of all the elements on the left, halve that number, and then each element on the right gets boosted by that many. If an element is on the left side twice, you add its amount in twice. If an element is on the right side twice, the result boosts it double the normal amount. Reactions are always processed from top to bottom, and :siren: bonus elements from earlier reactions will feed later reactions :siren:, which really compounds the effects as you unlock more.

So let's say you have 10 H, 6 He, and 4 Li, and the first three reactions active.

H + H -> He: You have 10 H, so your input is 10 + 10. You halve that 20, and get 10. Your output is 10 He, so now you have 16 He.

He + He -> He + H + H: Since we processed the other reaction first, we now have 16 He, so our input is 32, halved back down to 16. Since H appears twice on the right, it gets the output value twice. We get +16 He (total 32) and +32 H (42) .

Li + H -> He + He: We just got a big boost to H from that last reaction, and we can feed it back into He. Input is 4 + 42, halved becomes 23, and double He in the output means we get 46 new levels for a total of 78.

One big thing to note is that there are no reactions that produce Li, and it has some very powerful effects, so early on you'll want to occasionally swap points from reaction to generation. At 6 Li you get a huge buff to neutronic particles, which can let you finally buy the last row of particles upgrades, which you should do whenever you can. Also, Li has scaling effects on Collision Knowledge gain and Collision Point cost. Once you're ready to atomic again, you usually want to swap points to generation to maximize Li, atomic, spend your new atoms on as many Li as you can, and then buy Collision Points.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Nibble posted:

Once you're ready to atomic again, you usually want to swap points to generation to maximize Li, atomic, spend your new atoms on as many Li as you can, and then buy Collision Points.

Just don't do what I did and remove enough points from Synthesis to lose Boron and have your atoms and collision knowledge be restricted to 1e20.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Ignoranus posted:

Just don't do what I did and remove enough points from Synthesis to lose Boron and have your atoms and collision knowledge be restricted to 1e20.

I hate that, and it's an easy mistake to make. I brought it up on the discord and the dev said in the next update, the 10 Boron milestone will be permanent after unlocking it once.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
NGU: Can anyone give me tips on beating The Exile lvl4? I'm not sure on how best to increase my adventure stats. I have all wishes for this difficulty maxed out, BBing all NGUs, all quests done, and I'm casting (most) cards I get per day. Currently doing 24hr runs for ygg fruits - should I maybe do a long run to let beards build up? There are a lot of PP perks left to get, but man they are pricy. I'm currently spending all of my resource3 on adventure hacks, maybe I need more?

Not shown: I have Grand Demon Lutzifer in daycare.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Ignoranus posted:

I did that once and assumed I had misclicked or clicked right at the moment something reset. I saved my game before I did it again, and worked it out at that point. Starting in on biological now.

The QoL upgrades to nullify/overpower previous sections are coming in a lot sooner than when I first started, so it's getting to the point where it's a solid recommend from me. Some things still need to be explained better than they currently are (breaking infinity, atoms, bio) but it's a WiP, so I'm willing to let it slide.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Cicadalek posted:

NGU: Can anyone give me tips on beating The Exile lvl4? I'm not sure on how best to increase my adventure stats. I have all wishes for this difficulty maxed out, BBing all NGUs, all quests done, and I'm casting (most) cards I get per day. Currently doing 24hr runs for ygg fruits - should I maybe do a long run to let beards build up? There are a lot of PP perks left to get, but man they are pricy. I'm currently spending all of my resource3 on adventure hacks, maybe I need more?

Have you spent some exp on buying adventure stats? Otherwise you'll just have to grind it out, and then go for a long run once you feel you could reasonably reach the required stats. The incline starts here.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cicadalek posted:

put on gear with move cooldown reduction

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Cicadalek posted:

Definitely do a long rebirth, not for beards but for AT, and definitely wear Cooldown Reduction gear (Ring of Might, Sands of Time, and Infinity Charm). It's a good time to pop E/M Gamma Potions too, if you can spare them.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Pump those hacks. The milestones are cumulative, not additive, and provide a huge boost in whichever category you get a milestone in.
Also spend exp in adventure stats, if you haven't spent much there before you might easily be able to go up a magnitude.

Don't be afraid to do a long rebirth if it lets you kill him, but not a month long one or anything, a few days at most.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

A long rebirth is worth it for Exile v4, because the Sadistic Troll 2 reward makes macguffins much better for 24-hour rebirths. Hence any 24-hour rebirth you're doing would be worth considerably more if done in Sadistic, so getting there ASAP should be a priority. I'd go so far as to say that once you've got Exile v3 killed enough to enable AK, you should stop rebirthing and dump all your EXP into adventure stats until you've got your Exile v4 kills too. Then you can do the same daily grind in Sad, but also be getting substantial macguffin progress and increased base PPP in addition.

Also, when my Lootzifer and Ax8 pendants finished in daycare, those had comparatively huge adventure boosts, even at level zero (both start at P/T 3B/3B), so consider what level those are at and how long they'll take to finish. It might be worth adding some daycare boost to your build, especially if you're going to focus on Wishes for a bit and can use the Pink Heart to do it. (I also kept the Creepy Doll Head on for most of the game, since it's respawn for PP/QP and a daycare boost) edit: but don't waste cards/mayo on Daycare. It's just not strong enough to accumulate to a useful level before you're done with daycare.

Lastly, as someone said, when it's time to fight wear all 3 Move Cooldown accessories: Infinity Charm, Ring of Might, and Sands of Time. Go back to old zones if you got rid of them. Those, combined with the Mega Buff move from wishes means you can get in two charged, buffed Ultimate Attacks, and usually the second one will finish off a titan if you have the wiki-suggested stats. (2.20 e26/1.00 e26 in this case)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Buzkashi posted:

I don't get this so far - I got one 1st Matter Dimension and I got stuck at .700 matter, and now it's going down and I can't seem to afford anything else

Edit: ooh I got a photon

If I'm not mistaking how this thing fits together, you start out barely scraping together one photon at a time until you get the upgrades together to start preserving your matter and antimatter, which gives you more ability to buy additional dimensions and push through to more upgrades. It's a slow burn but it's starting to click for me.

I'm really digging that idle games are gradually pushing more and more into being resource management math puzzle boxes; that prestige tree one where you have to bounce between the things you're upgrading to push different upgrades forward was really solid in that regard.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

Akratic Method posted:

It might be worth adding some daycare boost to your build, especially if you're going to focus on Wishes for a bit and can use the Pink Heart to do it. (I also kept the Creepy Doll Head on for most of the game, since it's respawn for PP/QP and a daycare boost) edit: but don't waste cards/mayo on Daycare. It's just not strong enough to accumulate to a useful level before you're done with daycare.

Check your daycare items. If you wear all 4 daycare speed items, you will cut the time to level up an item almost by half (the offset is well worth it to get the Pendant and Lootzifer upgraded). Rebirthing daily would also be good because then you'd be able to luck into a daycare level raise from feeding the Money Pit a few times a day.

At this point you should also be making enough AP everyday to pop the Energy and Magic potions (those for 10k AP), and you should absolutely be doing it all the time.

If it takes longer than 10 minutes to get a single level in whatever hack, consider just dumping those points into wishes. You've probably removed some of the hack boosters from your active equipment anyway (in favour of daycare boosting).

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Somfin posted:

I'm really digging that idle games are gradually pushing more and more into being resource management math puzzle boxes; that prestige tree one where you have to bounce between the things you're upgrading to push different upgrades forward was really solid in that regard.

prestige tree is a real bad example of this though. while it does have many interrelated functions, it plays by just pushing the latest highlighted button until you are done. mine defense while an early example still does this better

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Cooldown gear was enough for me to kill Exile v4 manually, thanks everyone for the advice. Guess I'll do it 24 times so I can autokill them for the drops, then I'm finally onto Sadistic.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Cicadalek posted:

Cooldown gear was enough for me to kill Exile v4 manually, thanks everyone for the advice. Guess I'll do it 24 times so I can autokill them for the drops, then I'm finally onto Sadistic.

Nice! Wait til you see how many times you need to manual the next titan to AK them

it’s like, five. It rules

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Cicadalek posted:

When you get there, be sure to nuke your way through a ton of challenges.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Well, I had a good enough time with Matter Dimensions but I hit a wall near the end of Dimensional that's either asking me to manually do upwards of 100 dimensional resets, or somehow eke out another 10^60 resource cap to unlock the last Vaccumic node. Neat game, though. Reminds me a lot of Synergism (which got similarly grindy at a point)

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 31, 2021

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Well, I had a good enough time with Matter Dimensions but I hit a wall near the end of Dimensional that's either asking me to manually do upwards of 100 dimensional resets, or somehow eke out another 10^60 resource cap to unlock the last Vaccumic node. Neat game, though. Reminds me a lot of Synergism (which got similarly grindy at a point)

One thing that's not signaled well is that you need the "1024 bits is not enough" achievement to be able to break infinity at a reasonable amount of theorems. You can get it by picking the gravitonic path on both major splits, stopping at the "black holes increase resource limit" upgrade and getting that up to the full 1e60 benefit. That effectively gives you a couple extra theorems to help you reach the bottom while still above e308 resource limit.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Nibble posted:

One thing that's not signaled well is that you need the "1024 bits is not enough" achievement to be able to break infinity at a reasonable amount of theorems. You can get it by picking the gravitonic path on both major splits, stopping at the "black holes increase resource limit" upgrade and getting that up to the full 1e60 benefit. That effectively gives you a couple extra theorems to help you reach the bottom while still above e308 resource limit.

I hopped into their Discord and found out I needed to respec my build to get a bunch more 3rd Matter Dimensions, which got be a boatload more theorems, so I should be able to actually achieve this now, thanks!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I gave it another go after chatting with the creator after my previous post but i have no idea how to get to the stage after Vacuumic.

I picked resource cap whenever possible with theorems, for an e188 cap (iirc)
I have the e20 theorem.
I have done PC1-6 and GC3-6.

I cant seem to get past e141 matter (need e150ish to buy the 10th 4MD)

The only things i have not done is photonic grind overnight to buy the e11+ PUs nor grind neutronic to get the 25 neutron upgrades. (resetting 75 times to buy those 3 = no thanks)

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
How many theorems do you have in all? If you do a V reset and pick the left paths, you might be able to get enough 3rd M dimensions for more theorems.

e: Before breaking infinity you should also be able to get a completion in most or all of the Neutron challenges and iirc Photonic 7.

and the claw won! fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 31, 2021

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I hopped into their Discord and found out I needed to respec my build to get a bunch more 3rd Matter Dimensions, which got be a boatload more theorems, so I should be able to actually achieve this now, thanks!

Yeah, that's...still not well signposted at all considering it's the only way of initially breaking infinity. I also had to check out the Discord for that reason.

And then eventually you don't even have to do that respec once you're deep in Dimension so it feels even more vestigial.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

and the claw won! posted:

How many theorems do you have in all? If you do a V reset and pick the left paths, you might be able to get enough 3rd M dimensions for more theorems.

e: Before breaking infinity you should also be able to get a completion in most or all of the Neutron challenges and iirc Photonic 7.

10 theorems

going left side caps my resources at e104 and e13 vacuumic

Neutron challenges need 20ish theorems.
PC7 needs e144 matter to complete, i cap out at e140ish outside of challenges (when going rightside in V)

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the three way split on the vacuumic tree has 1e40 resource limit on the left, 1e80 resource limit in the middle, and 1e120 resource limit on the right side. with ten space theorems you have just enough to reset your tree and get the 1e120 resource limit upgrade, which will give you just enough resource cap to get your 10th dimension and start the dimensional layer.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Venuz Patrol posted:

the three way split on the vacuumic tree has 1e40 resource limit on the left, 1e80 resource limit in the middle, and 1e120 resource limit on the right side. with ten space theorems you have just enough to reset your tree and get the 1e120 resource limit upgrade, which will give you just enough resource cap to get your 10th dimension and start the dimensional layer.

I ended up having to respec to the middle tree again to push some challenges, before I had enough production to make it to the next layer.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Venuz Patrol posted:

Yeah, i was using the right side for the e120 cap upgrade, the poster above suggested going left side to gain more 3MD for more VE but that tanked my cap to such a degree it ended up not gaining me any more VE.

My problem is that even with having an e188 resource cap i can only get about e140 resources (e150ish needed for 10x 4MD)

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008
With e188 cap you can definitely go dimensional. Not sure what the specific issue is but after grinding out some Neutronic upgrades, Gravitonic dimensions, etc, you might need to turn on the photonic autoreset again to pump photons.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Here is a pretty fun game https://poochyexe.github.io/pachinkremental/pachinkremental.html that is sort of like plinko.

Go in options and turn off the april fools toggle so the board isn't upside down.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah, i was using the right side for the e120 cap upgrade, the poster above suggested going left side to gain more 3MD for more VE but that tanked my cap to such a degree it ended up not gaining me any more VE.

My problem is that even with having an e188 resource cap i can only get about e140 resources (e150ish needed for 10x 4MD)

For clarity, left side won't get you more Vacuum Energy. It'll get you more Space Theorems, assuming you're far enough into the next tier, Dimensional, to have picked up the upgrade that lets you buy STs with 3rd Matter Dimensions.

However, if I'm reading your posts correctly, you're still working on breaking into Dimensional, in which case you blithely ignore all that and:

Vacuumic: go for whatever set of upgrades gets you the biggest increase to your cap, respeccing as needed. For example, with 8 ST you can reach the e40 increase in the left column; with 9, you can reach e80 in the middle; with 10, you can reach e120 in the right.

Neutronic: grind out as many neutron upgrades as you can stomach. Skip the fourth row of particle upgrades, "[Proton/Electron/Boson] Power persists through Photonic". Definitely at least get as far down as the third row (the one with gravitonic dimensions/challenges).

Gravitonic: complete challenges 3, 4, 5, and 6. Don't forget to buy gravitonic dimensions (see neutronic). Buy upgrades and push gravitons (especially max ever) as usual. Note that photonic challenges unlock new gravitonic upgrades, so see below.

Photonic: complete challenges 1 through 7. Push photonic dimensions and upgrades. All else failing, run photonic auto-resetting at 0 to let some things accumulate. (This is to avoid the production getting divided based on current matter.)

Matter: you probably don't have the free ST to unlock the tickspeed autobuyer, so don't forget to manually max this out when you're not spamming photonic auto-resets. The rest should be autobuying by now (if not, do gravitonic challenge 4).

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

nerox posted:

Here is a pretty fun game https://poochyexe.github.io/pachinkremental/pachinkremental.html that is sort of like plinko.

Go in options and turn off the april fools toggle so the board isn't upside down.

Is there any sort of end to this or a prestige mechanic or something?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Klungar posted:

Is there any sort of end to this or a prestige mechanic or something?

No prestige mechanic, but new types of balls are added. It took me about a day to max out everything that does max out.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I still can't wrap my brain around how the mechanics interact in Matter Dimensions. I'm doing Photonic Challenge 2 and if there's no energy produced, how do I reset? My matter and antimatter just keep going up slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It's in the challenge description: annihiliation is still happening and you can photonic when there's 0 matter or 0 antimatter.