Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

frankenfreak posted:

I hope the one person betting on South-West Express got some of the payout for it. :)

I did :unsmith:

Flayer posted:

Once DV hits 7 it seems very hard to move it further. I have 1 player on 8.

Some players are also just randomly really hard to get DV for as well, for no reason I can understand (for instance my 8 skill 27yr old defender has 4 less DV than my 9 skill 28yr old defender, despite both being bought on the same week and playing 90 minutes in every match since - I thought it should be the other way round based on playing with better players and younger age).

Probably your 27 yr old has awful average form compared to the other guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Flayer posted:

4 peoples got 5/6 right on the Xpert pools this week. A lot of what ifs there! At least enough people played that a small profit was still turned.

Looks like the champions are settled in every league now. Time to get that DV in.

Once DV hits 7 it seems very hard to move it further. I have 1 player on 8.

Some players are also just randomly really hard to get DV for as well, for no reason I can understand (for instance my 8 skill 27yr old defender has 4 less DV than my 9 skill 28yr old defender, despite both being bought on the same week and playing 90 minutes in every match since - I thought it should be the other way round based on playing with better players and younger age).

Yeah, problem is its people who are still on 4-5 who just seem parked there for 2 games now.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Me: "Ok, even with my youth, I have some confidence that this game vs Jiveturkey will go alright"

*Capitalist Pigs score in minute 1*

Me: "Man, I can't wait till the end of the season."

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah, problem is its people who are still on 4-5 who just seem parked there for 2 games now.

Yeah, having a similar issue with a few of my youths. Also, I thought youths picked up mid-season were supposed to get accelerated DV, but it doesn't feel like the case?

Nephzinho posted:

I tried a few and just came up with poo poo form every time. They're not worth training, i'm just riding them into the ground for the rest of the season.

Same, I basically picked up some old fogeys that are just there to teach the young ones. Next season, I'm gonna send them away to the old folks home and get some new golden oldies. If I can get some good youths trained for a young core, then I'll be splashing cash on some solid players. Hard to do much when literally no person on your initial team was salvageable.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That's annoying, had a youth on +7 DV, rested them for a game and they go down to +6 DV. Not what is needed at this stage of the season.

All off the back of an 8 chances to 0 away thrashing of the top team in the division, should have played the bloody kid.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Flayer posted:

That's annoying, had a youth on +7 DV, rested them for a game and they go down to +6 DV. Not what is needed at this stage of the season.

All off the back of an 8 chances to 0 away thrashing of the top team in the division, should have played the bloody kid.

If you get their form back up it'll recover. DV is partially tied to current form.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
*pokes his youth*

come on, I played nearly all of you and we won 5-0, get some more DV

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 25, 2021

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Second game of the season I’ve forgotten about. Need to stop doing that!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

2 games left!

Pretty much every player on my team over the age of 20:

At least my youth are doing OK, most will end the season at +5 or +6 which I guess is decent but not great. The rest of the squad should probably start updating their resumes.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I figure I need to get in a few reeealllly old bastards next season to keep that average age high enough to play more kids. 37+ apply only please.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bees everywhere posted:

2 games left!

Pretty much every player on my team over the age of 20:

At least my youth are doing OK, most will end the season at +5 or +6 which I guess is decent but not great. The rest of the squad should probably start updating their resumes.

I'd say anything below 5 isn't great, anything over 6 is outstanding, so you're right where you need to be. Getting over 6 really does come down to have optimal age for your teammates, optimal age for your opponents, never leaving the pitch, and having good form the entire season.

What day is the change report again // what day do we throw out form training to hit after the CR?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
And Sheds of Grey have secured the rnC title. Looking forward to next season when we'll probably finish bottom. 🤣

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
My DV is gonna be so awful after this season.

Think I just got used to playing in official leagues that only do 1 league game a week so you can always get in a full training session between matches. The Pigs player form is all over the map in our league.

This also mean some players I just bought this year will go right out the door in the offseason cause bad DV takes them way behind the curve.

Good luck last 2 games all, watch your steps in the shower room!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Masonity posted:

And Sheds of Grey have secured the rnC title. Looking forward to next season when we'll probably finish bottom. 🤣

Yeah I am decidedly NOT looking forward to stiff competition in the next season!

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
One time I tried to stack a team with 38 year-olds and got about halfway into it before the league admin fired me.

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
Yee Valley vs. Edgecom is MOTW for Rutu B, 2 vs 3 with title implications.

If Yee loses I promise to roll out an all youth, careful aggression hug fest for our final match next week.

Jive Turkey fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 26, 2021

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Jive Turkey posted:

Yee Valley vs. Edgecom is MOTW for Rutu B, 2 vs 3 with title implications.

If Yee loses I promise to roll out an all youth, careful aggression hug fest for our final match next week.

Should be a good match but I think we've said goodbye to the title at this point :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Train today for CR?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

If I'm reading this stuff correctly then the season ends next Saturday 4/3 so the change report comes out the following night or Monday morning. So then the best time to train would probably be between Wednesday night and Friday. Think I'm just going to do it Friday.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Looks like Retu Nagele A is going down to the last day! Almost wanted Old Man to beat me so it would essentially come down to a play-off game but an Old Man win still allows Nerds of Prey to sneak in with a last day victory.

On another note how long is the inter-season break? The transfer market opens this Sunday according to the countdown timer.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

My form was amazing for the weekend, and a 1-0 loss to Guillotine has absolutely devastated pretty much every player on my team's form and re-injured my good defender who had finally climbed their form out of the toilet. Oof.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
ah, the fun of a child goalkeeper

if I wasn't just playing all my kids at this point that would have been a very disappointing draw. Dominate the match for 75 mins, give up 2 chances and both score

The good news is that two of my 18/5s have a +7 DV!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Flayer posted:

Looks like Retu Nagele A is going down to the last day! Almost wanted Old Man to beat me so it would essentially come down to a play-off game but an Old Man win still allows Nerds of Prey to sneak in with a last day victory.

Hello Old Man and the FC, I would like to donate these bags of Werther's Originals towards your win bonus, TY.

(I think it's too late for me anyway, I would need to beat Swap FC and their roster has made some significant improvements since the last time I played them.)

Jive Turkey
Oct 28, 2005
Mean Mamma Jamma
Gotta say Ephex I was not expecting you to roll out the 5-4-1 Very Defensive bus parking tactics on your own grounds.

Maybe next time we play someone will get a shot on goal!

Last game will be the all youth hug fest with Yee.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

If anybody would like to experience the thrills of having a newly-created team in a newly-created league, I just spotted this league starting up. The NFL theme is a little odd but at least you get to feel the rush of having a team of broken idiots once again.

vv Your team is almost as bad as mine was. I'm just gonna keep sacking until the heart symbols are gone

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 30, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hell yeah, I still have free team slots, so up the Packers (I hope)!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Last match of the season is in 30 hours, get your tactics in! Good luck with your change reports.

Edit: poo poo I can't math

Rapner fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Mar 31, 2021

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Oh yeah, we're inside 100 hours to the CR so now is the time to train.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Fukkin complacent form-making GBS threads youth keeper just won't go above a +3 DV for the life of him.

Overall I'm relatively happy with my semi-tank season, with a decent CR and a couple of cheap soccer savant pensioners next season I should have enough to build on.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Can't wait for the transfer market to open up again so I can fire half my team and get in some proper ringers this time round and one or two half decent youths.

Final round of games in 24 hours. To the front one last time, my friends!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jive Turkey posted:

Gotta say Ephex I was not expecting you to roll out the 5-4-1 Very Defensive bus parking tactics on your own grounds.

Maybe next time we play someone will get a shot on goal!

Last game will be the all youth hug fest with Yee.

I'm known for my successful gung ho style of football that keeps everybody on the edge of their seats :v:

https://i.imgur.com/MelQFtA.gifv

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Team of the Month has a nice little cash prize attached. Timely! Also I have no idea how my team of midtable mediocrity won that.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Just read that you get a cash prize for finishing in the top 3, makes that last second gazumping of Old Man and the FC on goal difference all the more sweet!

Think I'm going to have to trash a couple of my youth players though, and last seasons top scorer. It's a brutal game. Wanna see them CR reports.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Perfect ending to the season, ending 5-4-5. Harmony achieved.

If Otter and Castinha both double jump, I might just get VIP to give all of my team stupid animal theme names

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Man, that was close. I'm happy with 2nd, though. Bring on the change reports!

Here's an imgur album with everybody's squad value and team strength before the change report:
https://imgur.com/a/Ea9niUp

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

Flayer posted:

Just read that you get a cash prize for finishing in the top 3, makes that last second gazumping of Old Man and the FC on goal difference all the more sweet!

Yup, they hand out a lot of party favors at end of season for various things. It'll drop at the change report but payouts for RNA should be:

1 300 000: ABCDE FC (Division winners, Manager of the round x1, Top scorer award)
850 000: Nerds of Prey (Division runner-up, Manager of the round x2, Most points award)
650 000: Carnival Flayers (Division third place, Manager of the round x3, Most assists award)
650 000: Old Man and the FC (Manager of the round x3, MVP award)
200 000: AC Dadbod (Manager of the round x4)
50 000: FC Squarts (Manager of the round x1)

e: The league's biggest payout will go to Norfolk-in-Chance, who on top of winning swept the Serie Goon player awards and will pocket 2.3 mil :eyepop:

tomanton fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 1, 2021

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Seriously? Nothing for the mathematically second best team in the whole thing and first title winner Sheds of Grey? Robbed by bad initial seeding.

When I inevitably get relegated from the top flight next season, I'm totally blaming this travesty!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Player stats after the first season:

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Masonity posted:

Seriously? Nothing for the mathematically second best team in the whole thing and first title winner Sheds of Grey? Robbed by bad initial seeding.

When I inevitably get relegated from the top flight next season, I'm totally blaming this travesty!

Payouts haven't happened yet, I think they happen when the CR is done?

quote:

e: The league's biggest payout will go to Norfolk-in-Chance, who on top of winning swept the Serie Goon player awards and will pocket 2.3 mil

ShadowIz should get best manager, he consistently won it.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Masonity posted:

Don't worry, you're gonna get a boatload of money. Probably about 2 mil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm putting season 1 winners in the OP:

Season Winners

Season 1 (Placement) -
Norfolk-in-Chance (Rapner)
ABCDE FC (Spyde)
Capitalist Pigs (JiveTurkey)
Sheds of Grey (Masonity)

Who owns ABCDE FC again?

Edit: I also popped some images in the OP. Sorry ShadowIz, you're my token villain.

Edit2: All the inactives have been emailed to prod them. I'll be inactivating their team 48h after the change report if they don't log in.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 2, 2021