Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

New Super Metis posted:

stop, stop!! feet pics were not on anyone's bingo cards!

That’s weird my bingo card is just 24 different types of feet pics and a free space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Walla posted:

I assumed the important thing is Sonic doesn't have a penis.

Not true according to the fanfic I read where Sonic cucks Mario

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
my brain when people are metal gear postin' :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mx4RE3jrTs

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Apple just emailed me to say that Fantasian game just dropped. I assumed it would be way later in the year but cool.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

I have no idea why I'm doing this. Wish me luck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

homeless snail posted:

is this a sex thing

It always is when it comes to the Sonic fandom.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I watched the video of Sonic Highschool and some parts of it are so funny I'm convinced it had to have been written as a joke, but other parts are only funny because of how mundane and full of fanfiction tropes it is. Like some twenty-four-year-old asked his middle-school brother to write a fanfiction and then he went in afterward and spruced it up.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Not true according to the fanfic I read where Sonic cucks Mario

I thought that was Crash.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Started up Persona 5 Royal again over spring break 46 hours in

Immediately paralyzed with indecision over who to hang out with

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

wuggles posted:

all of them, easy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

wuggles posted:

If your playing anywhere near optimally you should be pretty flush with extra time to hang with all them, make sure you focus on newgirl and the Councilor if you wanna hit the new stuff

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

all of them, easy

Gaius Marius posted:

If your playing anywhere near optimally you should be pretty flush with extra time to hang with all them, make sure you focus on newgirl and the Councilor if you wanna hit the new stuff

I’m probably not playing anywhere near optimally I went with Ann since I’m trying to romance her and she’s closest to getting a new battle skill

And yeah I do Kasumi, Maruki, and Akechi whenever I can

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
You’re 46 hours in already?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

You’re 46 hours in already?

I got it in April when it came out! Played a bunch over the summer, then shelved it for other stuff.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

P3/4/5 weirdly are the kinds of games that you can somehow play for 46 hours in like three days though I don't know what gives them that quality

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wuggles posted:

I got it in April when it came out! Played a bunch over the summer, then shelved it for other stuff.

The game calendar officially starts on April 9 so I'm going to jump in next Friday.

I hope to be done "Outriding" by then

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I can name 5 good n64 games

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

P3/4/5 weirdly are the kinds of games that you can somehow play for 46 hours in like three days though I don't know what gives them that quality

I beat P4 over the course of like...five days. P5R I beat in maybe a week or two?

base P5 took me way longer because I didnt really like the first two dungeons and then got stuck on the 2nd boss so I took a long break. Once I got back into it though I got through reasonably quick

gently caress I wanna play P5R again very badly now, but I also wanna play more Monster Hunter, and Nier comes out this month..............

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

a.lo posted:

I can name 5 good n64 games

Turok
Turok 2
Turok 3
Turok Rage Wars
Diddy Kong Racing

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

today people are mourning mario but they forget that marth fire emblem was also unjustly executed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I still remember the exact time and place I was when I beat P3 for the first time, a feat only matched by Pokemon Blue.
P4 and 5 I tore through too, but none of the others compelled me to forsake sleep and good judgement like P3 did.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

New Super Metis posted:

today people are mourning mario but they forget that marth fire emblem was also unjustly executed
no i'm actually celebrating that one

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

I still remember the exact time and place I was when I beat P3 for the first time, a feat only matched by Pokemon Blue.
P4 and 5 I tore through too, but none of the others compelled me to forsake sleep and good judgement like P3 did.

P4 I did absolutely nothing for five days but play the game and think about the game. I was supposed to have exams at school that week but two of the three days were cancelled because of snow. I was so out of it one night that I accidentally read the name of the killer and thought to myself "I dont know who that is I haven't met them yet I guess" despite being 40 hours in. I found this out by looking at a piece of fanart of the killer and saying 'who the hell is that supposed to be'

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Just finished Ys VIII. great game. thought I had about it though: is it the only game that's had to be completely relocalized because its original english translation was so bad? can't really think of any other games where that was botched as badly. not counting remakes/ports of older games of course

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

P4 I did absolutely nothing for five days but play the game and think about the game. I was supposed to have exams at school that week but two of the three days were cancelled because of snow. I was so out of it one night that I accidentally read the name of the killer and thought to myself "I dont know who that is I haven't met them yet I guess" despite being 40 hours in. I found this out by looking at a piece of fanart of the killer and saying 'who the hell is that supposed to be'

Lol, I ended up with half a week off at P5's launch and got myself absolutely dog sick by running the game until I was ragged, only stopping to get food from the local gas station. Worth it though, what a good game

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Lobotomy Corp was so bad it got a fully new and professionally-made translation patched into it a few months ago. The original version was largely machine-translated and completely incomprehensible. The original English translation of Pathologic 1 is also notoriously terrible.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

homeless snail posted:

no i'm actually celebrating that one

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

Lol, I ended up with half a week off at P5's launch and got myself absolutely dog sick by running the game until I was ragged, only stopping to get food from the local gas station. Worth it though, what a good game

I really didn't like it that much the first time through, but the second time on Expert turning it into a survival game made things a lot more interesting. Royal turning a lot of stuff on its head and making the game totally busted was a really fun way to play and made me totally not mind the dungeons this time around at all.

I knew I was going to like the game a lot more after they nerfed the first miniboss

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Royal really is a huge improvement in every way, right down to having a better conclusion and ending. I was extremely skeptical of having a new ending in a rerelease but they absolutely nailed it.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Ah yes here’s my problem with Persona

It’s reading anime pictures talking to each other

I fell asleep in half an hour

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardiovorax posted:

Lobotomy Corp was so bad it got a fully new and professionally-made translation patched into it a few months ago. The original version was largely machine-translated and completely incomprehensible. The original English translation of Pathologic 1 is also notoriously terrible.

Harrow posted:

Royal really is a huge improvement in every way, right down to having a better conclusion and ending. I was extremely skeptical of having a new ending in a rerelease but they absolutely nailed it.

I think my only complaints of the new stuff is:

Merciless shouldn't give extra money/xp

Kasumi should appear more

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Super Metis posted:

Just get the ROM. gently caress Nintendo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

I think my only complaints of the new stuff is:

Merciless shouldn't give extra money/xp

Kasumi should appear more

Generally I wouldn't mind a difficulty that's a little harder than Hard because Merciless isn't really that. It's different, but not necessarily harder, and sometimes even easier.

Also yeah Kasumi should appear more. I wish they'd found a way to get her into the party sooner.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

wuggles posted:

Ah yes here’s my problem with Persona

It’s reading anime pictures talking to each other

I fell asleep in half an hour

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Today we lost Mario, but we gained Waluigi.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CreativeBinlord/status/1377621843595640832

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A++ game title

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hit the end of a branch (for now) in Somnium Files. Destroy Core ending of the Minecraft parody. Going down another now.

I don’t know what the gently caress is going on, but I would like to find out. One thing is for sure: whatever route you take in the dreams changes reality.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bideo James

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

Bideo James

fun with briends