Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Who needs candy when you can have a Marlboro Smooth?

I always liked how the Marlboro Menthol Smooths had a hint of chocolate to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Smoke a smooth long-lasting menthol when you chew up a Lik-A-Maid stick dipped in citric acid. Nothing will be as refreshingly caustic.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen candy cigarettes. Anti-smoking campaigns and laws have been pretty successful.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think I've ever seen candy cigarettes. Anti-smoking campaigns and laws have been pretty successful.

I have, you can still find them at flea markets.

This gives me an idea. They at least used to sell hard sided plastic card holders, I would totally fill one with fries for an on-the go snack.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We used to have candy sticks when I was a kid but I haven't seen them since.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Candy sticks (formerly candy cigarettes) could still be found on the section of the sweet aisle at Tesco dedicated to poo poo no one buys anymore along with sherbet dip a few years ago but I dunno if they're still around.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I still find bubblegum cigars here and there. The best form factor for a child like me who would regularly chew a whole pack of gum at once.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Pack, shmack. I would shove a whole Big League Chew pouch in my stupid face.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Candy sticks (formerly candy cigarettes) could still be found on the section of the sweet aisle at Tesco dedicated to poo poo no one buys anymore along with sherbet dip a few years ago but I dunno if they're still around.

It's me, I'm the person who goes to the 5 for £1 bit in the sweet aisle and buys a bunch of auld poo poo and then eats it the next day like a goblin.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I have, you can still find them at flea markets.

This gives me an idea. They at least used to sell hard sided plastic card holders, I would totally fill one with fries for an on-the go snack.

You'd be carrying around cold fries.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SlothfulCobra posted:

You'd be carrying around cold fries.

I'm the weirdo who will eat room temperature fries

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/1D4wBbp.mp4

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

are we supposed to know what this is, or

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Someone absolutely shocked that a hamburger exists?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I can taste the bland from here.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dareon posted:

Someone absolutely shocked that a hamburger exists?

Please have some sympathy for recovering former solipsists.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

are we supposed to know what this is, or

I'm guessing the brown sauce is chocolate sauce and not BBQ sauce. :shrug:

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

teen witch posted:

Ugh my boyfriend loves makaronilåda and if I see him put ketchup on it I might consider ending it.

Makaronilaatikko is about the only dish containing pasta that's criminal to eat without ketchup. It's just a vehicle for ketchup.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

.Z. posted:

I'm guessing the brown sauce is chocolate sauce and not BBQ sauce. :shrug:

Chocolate Whopper Burger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NQtem1oeZI

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Doll House Ghost posted:

Makaronilaatikko is about the only dish containing pasta that's criminal to eat without ketchup. It's just a vehicle for ketchup.

Why do Finnish posters always insist on using arbitrary Finnish names for completely mundane poo poo that is commonplace and instantly familiar everywhere in the world, like "baked pasta", as though only Finns could possibly understand it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I could speak finnish I probably would every chance I got, it looks like fun.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

steinrokkan posted:

Why do Finnish posters always insist on using arbitrary Finnish names for completely mundane poo poo that is commonplace and instantly familiar everywhere in the world, like "baked pasta", as though only Finns could possibly understand it.

I dunno, makaronilaatikko is macaroni and ground beef mixed with egg and milk so it sets in the oven. I'd say it's not completely bog-standard baked pasta.

Also yes, it is indeed pretty much a ketchup delivery vehicle.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
now i'm trying to imagine Finnish Sopranos.

So what? No fuckin' makaronilaatikko now?

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Catpain Slack posted:

I dunno, makaronilaatikko is macaroni and ground beef mixed with egg and milk so it sets in the oven. I'd say it's not completely bog-standard baked pasta.

Yep, it's this. It's a name of a particular dish, didn't think I'd hit a nerve with it, especially since I was answering to someone who knows what the dish is. :confused: Sort of like it's okay to say okonomiyaki instead of cabbage pancake, or risotto instead of uh.. rice porridge?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

/

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
finally the euro goons are going after eachother instead of america for once :patriot: :911:

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

steinrokkan posted:

mr baked pasta with a single dry spaghet’ in the oven

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Catpain Slack posted:

So, lovely pastitsio?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Makaronilaatikko sounds like a really nice, stick to your ribs, oh god why is it so cold someone help I need calories to burn for warmth kind of meal.

I intend to make a shedload as soon as I can. Nothing is better than eggy baked noodles.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I humbly submit "eggy baked noodles with cheese"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

this is hell

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It's only tangentially related to the toothpaste talk but i remember back in like 2006 or so there were actual citrus flavored toothpastes, like lemon and orange and whatnot.

Not gonna lie, I miss them a lot, because man I hate mint so much. Just, any and all varieties, haven't found one that sits right with me yet.

Have you tried kid toothpaste? Those might be more like actual fruit.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Tom’s of Maine Cinnamon and Clove adult toothpaste is excellent, but the real :discourse: is their Wild Blueberry toothpaste for kids.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

If those are chocolate chip, would, except for the ketchup and mustard.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It is important to remember where our food comes from on this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Have you tried kid toothpaste? Those might be more like actual fruit.

Nah, I just go with a fluoride based one that just tastes vaguely chemically, which I'll take over mint tbh.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

SlothfulCobra posted:

It is important to remember where our food comes from on this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

pretty sure spaghetti is just worms, from someone creature's butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
As always, KD with ketchup and vinegar is the king of ketchup in pasta