Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

HonorableTB posted:

I am wait listed at six different places in the Seattle area and nowhere has any appointments. I'm so loving frustrated that the people who do everything right for the last year are the ones being hosed on getting vaccinated while maskless boomers are safely eating at Applebee's after denying the pandemic existed for the last year. I should've gained 50 pounds to be obese enough to qualify. Or taken up smoking, another group who were eligible before me. gently caress, if I were homeless or in jail I'd qualify sooner. gently caress this stupid system, I'm going to get infected before I can get a jab because I was too good at doing the poo poo I was supposed to be doing during the pandemic and too healthy on top of it. I'm so goddamn tired

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

You helped flatten the curve. If you die next month, you still may have saved other lives back in April or whenever the local peak was in your town, when you didn't catch&spread it thanks to good self-isolation. Keep doing your best and hang in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
If you can’t get the vaccine at home, go east, or whatever direction chuds live. Even in purple territory it’s easy to get availability.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

AnnoyBot posted:

CA updated their health conditions list. I qualify now. I told my generous friend to stand down. Now for an appointment. Oh look there are none!

Go to the Walgreens website have a map with you put in the zip codes of East conservative chud-type counties areas
There will be openings!!!
Let me know if I'm wrong you can be in a completely different county there literally not going to give a poo poo this is what I did
If this doesn't work it is maybe because it's literally the first day
Shoot me a PM if you still have trouble and I will link you I will gather up some vaccine sites from this Discord I'm on and then link them to you
Edit never mind I'll do it in the thread you don't have Platinum

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Gee who would have thought having a group be 16+ might make it difficult to get an appointment. At least they can pretend that doing so is an accomplishment! Hey hey WE DID IT most people can in theory maybe get a vaccine now!

There are 20 different places (assuming I counted right) to check in Connecticut.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17HAt6vkOjNrq_bXz2wIEGCqsLaXM_cii54O8PUOmE14/edit?urp=gmail_link&gxids=7628

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 1, 2021

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

so, is the General Admission covid juice gonna be easier or harder to get than a PS5, if you live in let's say California

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Spinz posted:

Go to the Walgreens website have a map with you put in the zip codes of East conservative chud-type counties areas
There will be openings!!!

From my experience, there being openings on the Walgreens site means you get to look at the appointment slots they won't let you sign up for. I'm not sure what magic you need to do to actually get one - which is presumably why they have so many availabilities on their list in my state all the time!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I don't know about Walgreens, but CVS was pretty straightforward - it only showed available appointments and let me search a 100 mile radius. There were a ton available when I checked at 5:30am on a Monday.

I live in the suburbs in a red state, and ironically I had to drive to a blue county about 20 minutes away for my appointment.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
How often has drinking a big glass of piss come up as a cure??

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

smoobles posted:

so, is the General Admission covid juice gonna be easier or harder to get than a PS5, if you live in let's say California

it goes like this

GPU > PS5 > CPU > Guns > Vaccine

so no

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I'm not yet eligible in my state, but decided to check things out. There are no appointment statewide at CVS, nor Wegmans. There might be some at Acme, but they disappeared, and there might be some at Rite Aid but I can't actually check without registering. I can't check state availability until they email me a link. I did eventually find an appointment with Walgreens on about the 5th zip code I tried.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

I had a thought today.

So the general consensus is that conservatives are less likely to get the vaccine, due to their own anti-vaxx and pro-trump biases. This seems to be evident in anecdotal information from people typically going outside blue counties to go get their shots out in the red counties where appointments are going unfilled. It's also evident in polling where conservatives are twice as likely to say they plan to never receive the vaccine.

However, red counties seem to have similar vaccination rates to blue counties in a lot of states. I'm wondering if this bight be an aberration of the data caused by people moving across county lines to receive shots and these rates being calculated using an over simplified "How many shots this county has given out/how many people live in this county". A more accurate method would be tacking it by county of residence.

In my case at least the state did not do anything to collect this information from me, so I assume the numbers we get for my state at least are Shots Given/Population per county rather an an accurate representation of how vaccinated people are in a given county.

I'm not even registered to vote in this area and they didn't check a drat thing with me. I coulda been from anywhere.

My dad just got his yesterday and I could've gotten my mom hers on the 6th of april any time of the day. They live in a horrific red shithole that fits them perfectly in terms of politics.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I officially have survived the Roni and am out of isolation today.

Gonna go loving lick *everything*

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wisconsin opens up to 16+ next week. My health care provider already sent me a notice via the app to register since I'll be in that group finally, but no appointment slots exist, so I signed up for the same-day "leftovers" and missed appointments as well. Signed up at about 5 other health care places in the area also. I just had an Ostomy surgery so I've got this poop bag with a second butthole next to my bellybutton for the next 3 months and I couldn't even imagine getting the roni and coughing non-stop. It hurts like hell to even cough or sneeze at this point. I'd rather jump off a rooftop.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
So there's a slot ~3 hours from me. But the signup requires me to lie and say I have not been exposed in the past 14 days. But I'm not aware of a state or county guideline that says that is a disqualifier, much less whether testing negative has any bearing.

In any case, I have a Sunday appointment 3 hours away for pfizer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AnnoyBot posted:

So there's a slot ~3 hours from me. But the signup requires me to lie and say I have not been exposed in the past 14 days. But I'm not aware of a state or county guideline that says that is a disqualifier, much less whether testing negative has any bearing.

In any case, I have a Sunday appointment 3 hours away for pfizer.

holy drat where do you live

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Philthy posted:

Wisconsin opens up to 16+ next week. My health care provider already sent me a notice via the app to register since I'll be in that group finally, but no appointment slots exist, so I signed up for the same-day "leftovers" and missed appointments as well. Signed up at about 5 other health care places in the area also. I just had an Ostomy surgery so I've got this poop bag with a second butthole next to my bellybutton for the next 3 months and I couldn't even imagine getting the roni and coughing non-stop. It hurts like hell to even cough or sneeze at this point. I'd rather jump off a rooftop.

my experience is that those passive waitlists for extras are worthless unless you've at least put yourself on it by calling the place or being physically there and asking

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

holy drat where do you live

San Jose. Appointment is in Chico. I misread the map route- it's 4 hours away.

loving Kaiser has nothing, but a coworker just logged in to sutter health and they have stuff all over.

I'm not even thinking twice. A member of my household brought the virus home, and they will do it again given the opportunity. I need to get this done.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Small but interesting study from Australia, looking for answers about why covid-19 affects the elderly especially hard.

quote:

Australian researchers have been investigating why elderly people respond so poorly to COVID-19, and theorise that it's linked to their repeated exposure to other seasonal coronaviruses.

There are seven types of coronaviruses that can infect people (including SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19 disease), four of which are common causes of acute respiratory infections.

In a study published in Nature Communications, scientists looked at blood samples from 89 healthy children, 98 adults, 57 elderly individuals and 50 COVID-19 patients, comparing antibodies to a range of coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2.

Lead author Amy Chung, laboratory head at the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, said researchers hypothesised that when an elderly person was first exposed to SARS-CoV-2, their immune system viewed it as a typical, seasonal coronavirus instead of a new strain.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-04-02/covid-19-why-it-is-so-harsh-on-the-elderly/100034994

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AnnoyBot posted:

loving Kaiser has nothing, but a coworker just logged in to sutter health and they have stuff all over.

I'm not even thinking twice. A member of my household brought the virus home, and they will do it again given the opportunity. I need to get this done.

santa cruz up on walgreens rn

dont go to chico wtf

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

also fremont

palo alto walgreems

you can call stanford directly too

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

April 8th, Pfizer, Krispy Kreme in the same building/complex (I think either that or close by).

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

You helped flatten the curve. If you die next month, you still may have saved other lives back in April or whenever the local peak was in your town, when you didn't catch&spread it thanks to good self-isolation. Keep doing your best and hang in there.

This actually does make me feel better, or at least better enough to take the edge off my frustration. Thank you for this perspective, I really appreciate it. I got on the waitlist at three locations, no open appointments for the month of April as far as I can tell from checking the availability of every place that vaccinates within 50 miles. Oh well, it's still better than nothing. I'm trying to avoid feeling like the war is over, it has an end date, and I'm the guy that eats poo poo and gets killed 2 minutes before the shooting stops at midnight.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Please don’t drive four hours for a vaccine if you have been exposed and your quarantine isn’t up, every time you stop for gas or get snacks you risk people’s lives, you risk people’s lives in the queue, and you risk the person’s life who is giving you the shot, then you risk everyone on your way home again. It’s not an immediate cure, the 80 year old next to you still has to wait 3 weeks for the vaccine to kick in.

I don’t care about why you want the vaccine, please don’t be that selfish plague spreading guy. Thr tiny rural community I grew up in was utterly devastated by people bringing in the virus from the city because they wanted a nice day out in the country. people died because an ambulance takes at least 2 hours to even get there, and that’s why you are asked to stay local.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AnnoyBot posted:

seriously just look up the ones i posted and if any are within sunday then get it and cancel the chico

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2021/04/01/google-amazon-shun-work-home-tell-staff-get-back-office/

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

seriously just look up the ones i posted and if any are within sunday then get it and cancel the chico

Also divorce your lovely wife.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

I looked all over the drat state. I rechecked santa cruz. No luck.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm not even registered to vote in this area and they didn't check a drat thing with me. I coulda been from anywhere.

in RI they're partially doing things by zipcode (like, hardest-hit zipcodes were added to the eligibility list) so i actually did need to bring something with my address on it along with my license (which has my old address). so if something is by zipcode or by city you might need to be careful. but i have no idea if any other state is doing it that way

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AnnoyBot posted:

Try tomorrow morning. Early early 4-7am. With any luck you can find one for Sunday

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

AnnoyBot posted:

Seriously though change the locks next time your wife leaves the house.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AnnoyBot posted:

Oakland is up

San Leandro open

Walgreens

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 2, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

Try tomorrow morning. Early early 4-7am. With any luck you can find one for Sunday

There'll be a local Facebook group or subreddit or something in every state (and probably every county) specifically for sharing info on the best ways to book jabs and they'll be able to tell you the exact time each online service opens up their fresh bookings every morning. Given how millions upon millions of people are being added to the eligibility lists right now it'll no doubt be getting pretty crazy for a while, everyone needs to maximize their chances of getting a dose as quickly as possible.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Who want 2 get rich?

We start a gig economy Start Up paying people 20 bux* to sit at their computer and find people vaccine appointments and sign them up, charge the customer 200 bux

vaccinatr? vacseen? vaxn8 ? vacntr?

* up to 20 bux

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
OK, time to get to cancelin'. I got Walmart next week in Modesto, J&J.

[edit] gently caress Modesto. I landed one in Gilroy. That's just a long lunch hour.

learnincurve posted:

Completely justified rant

I wouldn't have kept trying if not for your yelling at me. Thanks.

AnnoyBot fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 2, 2021

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

hakimashou posted:

Who want 2 get rich?

We start a gig economy Start Up paying people 20 bux* to sit at their computer and find people vaccine appointments and sign them up, charge the customer 200 bux

vaccinatr? vacseen? vaxn8 ? vacntr?

* up to 20 bux

I'll pay them in exposure to COVID.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/apoorva_nyc/status/1377762957417799684

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

AnnoyBot posted:

OK, time to get to cancelin'. I got Walmart next week in Modesto, J&J.

[edit] gently caress Modesto. I landed one in Gilroy. That's just a long lunch hour.

I wouldn't have kept trying if not for your yelling at me. Thanks.

who am I meg loving griffin?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Halloween Liker posted:

How often has drinking a big glass of piss come up as a cure??

Not very often I don't think, but if we were in the recently resurrected anonymous confessions thread here in GBS I'd bet that cutting your dick off would be cited as prevention at least, if not an outright cure.

Sorry non-dick havers.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm glad that the thread has become overall more positive lately as people begin to get vaccinated, so I don't want to bring people down, but 2020 shifted my internal scale of whether humans are good or garbage very firmly into the "absolute garbage holy poo poo" area. All around me people are still, and have been for months, treating life as if everything is back to normal, hey, just wear a mask and you're practically immune! Restaurants having people dine in and crowd together, downtown areas still packed, beaches full of people, gently caress. You can't tell me all of those people are already vaccinated, it's the same people and types of people that have been doing this poo poo for months and months as death number go...UP! ALWAYS UP!

I gave up my life for a year! I quit my job! I watched my bank account slowly trickle down to almost nothing! And thanks to our previous government's callousness I was still forced to find a job in the middle of a rising tide of cases back in December. Even now I still stay indoors if at all possible and if I desperately need to go outside I make sure to walk in places very few other people go, and I'm always trying to play it as safe as I could. I lost friends from this, both literally, as in they were old and DIED, or figuratively lost due to not taking it seriously and I chose to sever contact. And seeing all these people around me live life like normal, talk about going out on the weekends, talk about visiting the mall, talk about going on with their worthless lives I just get so loving pissed. It's like nobody cares that over 500 THOUSAND people died, and every day thousands more pass away, and thousands more are afflicted with long term health conditions if they do make it.

I don't want to feel this hate for people, I want to go back to mostly thinking humans were alright, and reading this thread lately has helped lift my mood, but gently caress. No places anywhere near me are accepting appointments, I'm not yet eligible anyway if they did, and next week when I will be eligible I guarantee appointments are going to be even harder to make. And even after I get the vaccine I still have to deal with the reality that the people around me, vaccine or no, just don't and haven't given the slightest poo poo about their fellow man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
This is why I should read the entire thread before I go to post excuse me sorry

Spinz fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 2, 2021