Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
calling the matrix a movie for racist white dudes is really transgender erasure, she needs to be held accountable for this posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, it got reduced after I pmed an admin about it, but I got a pm from burt about how the poster I reported was allowed to use it because of their life experiences or something.

bet it was actually some white person who did a good job fooling the mods.

That feels pretty on brand.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

*staring at chalkboard filled with equations and poo poo*

maybe.....the movies are popular... because they're good?

no that can't be it

*wipes chalkboard and begins again*

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm pming Jeff some HOT pics of computers in sultry positions right now.

Hot computer pics? Yeah I also saw the reviews of the 11900k

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, it got reduced after I pmed an admin about it, but I got a pm from burt about how the poster I reported was allowed to use it because of their life experiences or something.

Ah, Burt was so good at being an SA mod

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fwiw, people were being real dumb today about posting in dnd and that should have been slapped down. But people crying because their posts are being mocked is dumb and sad poo poo and makes them deserve to be mocked. Especially when those posters are the same ones that think concentration camps are OK if their sports team is operating them.

People should be able to post unsourced, people should be able to lol at it, and then move on to new posts, or offsite poo poo. People going and posting in the thread we are mocking is bad manners and they should be slapped for it, because posting in DnD is self harm imo.

The poo poo posted the past few days of showing posts made before biden won and after irt peoples stances changing is real funny. Especially so for people who consider themselves very very serious people and the arbiters of truth. And that they have no self awareness about this and instead devolve to making GBS threads themselves and crying to mods/admins should make mocking them mandatory imo. My 2 cents.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

Ah, Burt was so good at being an SA mod

Not as good as FAU.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Shipon posted:

calling the matrix a movie for racist white dudes is really transgender erasure, she needs to be held accountable for this posting

Agreed, all the racist white dudes should be banned for misusing the red pill.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
it's zoo rules people, you can't get mad when you jump in the monkey house and they throw poo poo at you, but that doesn't mean it's not okay to make funny faces at them outside the cage and watch them freak out

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

People should be able to post unsourced, people should be able to lol at it, and then move on to new posts, or offsite poo poo. People going and posting in the thread we are mocking is bad manners and they should be slapped for it, because posting in DnD is self harm imo.

Sir, I'll have you know that each and every one of my posts comes straight from my heart with full earnestness. If it happens to exactly match someone else's bullshit somewhere else on this site it's purely coincidental.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

QUEER FRASIER posted:

idk i at least resonate with the whole thing of like, all of my movie suggestions are some 2.5hr movie where everyone ends up dead, and then my boyfriend just wants to watch a Drew barrymore romcom, and therefore we just watch tv instead every night.

it's not 'politics' and it doesn't have any stakes but hey material politics is dead anyway so why not get mad and super factional about it

I mean I think that resonates with everyone in (or having been in) a relationship with someone who has incompatible media preferences, but reaching the point where both people compromise and accept mediocrity in one relatively unimportant aspect of their lives is among the healthier ways people navigate having to actually interact with other people they care about

whereas I'm considerably less sanguine about how good it is to externalize what should be minor personal frustrations into incendiary sweeping generalizations (even if it's frequently fun and p much everybody does it to some extent)

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I propose a good natured contest in a popular video game between the two subforums

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Fwiw, people were being real dumb today about posting in dnd and that should have been slapped down. But people crying because their posts are being mocked is dumb and sad poo poo and makes them deserve to be mocked. Especially when those posters are the same ones that think concentration camps are OK if their sports team is operating them.

The poo poo posted the past few days of showing posts made before biden won and after irt peoples stances changing is real funny. Especially so for people who consider themselves very very serious people and the arbiters of truth. And that they have no self awareness about this and instead devolve to making GBS threads themselves and crying to mods/admins should make mocking them mandatory imo. My 2 cents.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I propose a good natured contest in a popular video game between the two subforums

while grand strategy would be the assumption, I'm going to suggest something like Insurgency: Sandstorm would be a better fit and outlet for working out any remaining bad feeling [insert old HEAT.net advertising copy as justification]

LGD has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Apr 2, 2021

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/phoyuiii/status/1377352576295862272?s=19

Not Dem poo poo but lib poo poo

There's nothing racist about any of these movies but lol that they threw "racist" in there because otherwise they'd have no reason to be mad about it

You know, I can feel what it is that pisses these libs off about these movies, but I can't articulate it.

Something about them being 90s as hell, so whatever it is about the 90s they hate?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So Biden, and his chud supporters, are pretty horrible on the borders here in the US.

Just a reminder: There's still a genocide they're all in favor of, and supporting, going on in Yemen at the behest of Saudi Arabia.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

LGD posted:

while grand strategy would be the assumption, I'm going to suggest something like Insurgency: Sandstorm would be a better fit

csgo scouts/knives

the sport of kings

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What I'm saying is that the Democrat party is a party of chuds.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

yea it really is fuckin lame that we can't just go 'lol guys who like Bukowski too much are probably insufferable' and it instead has to morph into 'LADIES IF A GUY HAS A BUKOWSKI POEM IN HIS HOUSE HE'S PROBABLY A NEO-NAZI WHO WILL MURDER YOUR DOG' poo poo.

It's like the loving 'bean dad' poo poo and all, we couldn't just laugh at a bad dad being a stupid rear end in a top hat, it had to become ABUSE and loving Ken Jennings had to, like, denounce him or something and just everything got so unfunny and lame so fast.

Just let us laugh at weirdos, please, it doesn't MEAN anything.

bukowski is cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yup

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

LGD posted:

I mean I think that resonates with everyone in (or having been in) a relationship with someone who has incompatible media preferences, but reaching the point where both people compromise and accept mediocrity in one relatively unimportant aspect of their lives is among the healthier ways people navigate having to actually interact with other people they care about

whereas I'm considerably less sanguine about how good it is to externalize what should be minor personal frustrations into incendiary sweeping generalizations (even if it's frequently fun and p much everybody does it to some extent)

my ex was a really big fan of eragon and wanted to buy the dvd of the movie in tyool 2020 and that taught me that all dragon related fiction is the mark of the democrat and should be burned in all instances and their defenders put to death

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

critiquing peoples media consumption is fascist if you're trashing marvel movies but it's good if you're going after canon

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Oh brother where art thou is the superior coen flick

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

You know, I can feel what it is that pisses these libs off about these movies, but I can't articulate it.

Something about them being 90s as hell, so whatever it is about the 90s they hate?

They are definitely dude movies, as in men tend to like these movies, but again that doesn't necessarily mean anything negative, unless you attach the word "racist" for no particular reason, so that is what they did

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

witchy posted:

critiquing peoples media consumption is fascist if you're trashing marvel movies but it's good if you're going after canon

i liked when they were ragging on the marvels movies on chapo =D

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Absolutely this

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I'm glad the adults in the room put a stop to you misogynist white supremacists badmouthing the immigrant massage resorts

I don't know how you got away with calling them "c***********n c**ps" in the first place really

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

bukowski is gross, just imagine the smell

DemsBad
Jan 11, 2021

by Hand Knit
How, pray tell, do can you tell if someone is posting in D&D with intent to CSPAM?

Not touching poop seems easier if you don't have a room full of poop you just let sit there

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

Smythe posted:

i liked when they were ragging on the marvels movies on chapo =D

ye the movie eps are good

also for the record there is exactly 1 good marvel movie and it is

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bootleg Trunks posted:

last time i watched it i felt its pacing got a little wonky towards the end in a way i cant really put my finger on

burn after reading is better than both, tbh

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I mean if people are touching the poop d&d can just use their mod buttons, it's not like they're shy about probing people

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/phoyuiii/status/1377352576295862272?s=19

Not Dem poo poo but lib poo poo

There's nothing racist about any of these movies but lol that they threw "racist" in there because otherwise they'd have no reason to be mad about it

Dumb poo poo for people doing great who need to feel oppressed and victimized to distract from their actual real life privilege.

Same persecution complex as chuds, ever the tragic victims. "woah is me, please stop talking about how your water is full of lead and poison, can't you see its upsetting me on top of all i'm dealing with, with these horrible beasts liking films?"

dumb poo poo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

witchy posted:

My favorite blade fact is that they had to cgi Wesley snipes eyes in blade 3 because he refused to open them in one scene lmao

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Problem posters are sentenced to the game dome to play Disco Elysium, and they have to summarize their thoughts on it if they want to leave.

navigation
Sep 30, 2009
seems hosed up that dnd people would dox jeffery's discord contact details to each other to coordinate harassment of him, hope he is getting help from discord admins on that side of it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

witchy posted:

https://hugelolcdn.com/v/741934.mp4#t=0.01

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Also, it's refreshing to see a Democrat who goes big.

I don't know if it's the left flank of the party pushing him, but Biden doesn't seem to share Obama's desire to self-compromise, to present a bill that is already meeting the Republicans half-way.

If you want to get something done, you propose something ambitious and then you start to negotiate and compromise, you don't negotiate yourself down before even entering the negotiation with the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

Cloaked posted:

seems hosed up that dnd people would dox jeffery's discord contact details to each other to coordinate harassment of him, hope he is getting help from discord admins on that side of it.

libs always wanna speak to the manager smh