Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
kim stanely robinson is also the 3rd greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

who is the poorest?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lansdowne posted:

in fact, joe biden plans to double the amount of water fountains in schools nationwide

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

paranoid randroid posted:

me, with modhat on, seeing blind quotes from uspol itt: some mother fuckers always trying to ice skate uphill

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol he's going to survive being a sex pest

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don't get why people get so upset over being blind quoted. I mean, they posted it, so it stands to reason they wanted people to see it, so it stands to reason they're okay with it being a true representation of what they said given that it's what they chose to make public, so what's the problem with quoting them?

People can make fun of me all they want, and while I'm not sure I'm a notable enough poster here to get made fun of, I'm sure people out there in the world make fun of me somewhere, certainly I have coworkers who I dislike and make fun of, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. :shrug:

People need to stop worrying about people on a loving 20 year old message board making fun of them in a thread they don't got to read, sounds like a miserable way to live

i assume the PYF tankie thread has multiple quotes from me in it

if it doesn't, I've failed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

spacemang_spliff posted:

oh most def. if anyone has been paying attention (and big and powerful people are), is that being a sexpest or blackfacer or w/e only matters if they let it matter (i.e. resign). everyone powerful has realized they can just brush it off and things will return to normal shortly. now if you're small and not powerful and get smeared (i.e. alex morse horseshit) then it matters. but otherwise always just deflect and ignore and it'll go away.

CUOMO <3 LEGAL WEED hell yeah re-elect the guy.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

sonatinas posted:

who is the poorest?

Of the main cabinet members, it is probably Mayo Pete. He's got a net worth of ~$150k.

One of the other "technically cabinet" posts like Trade Representative might be poorer, though.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

spacemang_spliff posted:

Are they still impeaching him?

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
vonnegut

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Are they still impeaching him?

I think they're still investigating but it's gone too long and they've completely ceded ground to the 'UH MY MY HOW CONVENIENT THE TIMING OF THESE' freaks so I doubt they'll do anything

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Xaris posted:

kim stanely robinson is also the 3rd greatest

ksr is better than dfw because ksr is actually relevant instead of merely entertaining

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Harvard
Yale
Harvard
Harvard

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Also, it's refreshing to see a Democrat who goes big.

I don't know if it's the left flank of the party pushing him, but Biden doesn't seem to share Obama's desire to self-compromise, to present a bill that is already meeting the Republicans half-way.

If you want to get something done, you propose something ambitious and then you start to negotiate and compromise, you don't negotiate yourself down before even entering the negotiation with the other side.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I don't know if it's the left flank of the party pushing him, but Biden doesn't seem to share Obama's desire to self-compromise, to present a bill that is already meeting the Republicans half-way.

If you want to get something done, you propose something ambitious and then you start to negotiate and compromise, you don't negotiate yourself down before even entering the negotiation with the other side.

:argh:

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

My all time greatest gently caress up is posting "Strasserism doesn't seem so bad?" and then realizing I was getting all my info from Hearts of Iron

That's not considered a normal opinion around here?

Ah well, give it a few years...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Flying-PCP posted:

That's not considered a normal opinion around here?

Ah well, give it a few years...

i used to not think so but then i watched The Big Lebowski and both Kill Bill movies back to back to back and now i think herrenvolk democracy is good

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the wachowskis, purveyor of toxic masculinity

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Ruzihm posted:

:aochloe:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

concentration camp apologia is as if not more lame

*sits backwards on chair* hey kids, do you know what's super uncool: hating genocide

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:newlol:

I like the way you think friend

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

i used to not think so but then i watched The Big Lebowski and both Kill Bill movies back to back to back and now i think herrenvolk democracy is good

I used to be a pretty typical ML but then I saw an alright sci-fi movie made by a trans woman and now I love the nazis???

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Yinlock posted:

*sits backwards on chair* hey kids, do you know what's super uncool: hating genocide

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
my love for nazbol ideology is so apparent i suppose its high time i revealed ive been an Impper alt account all along. be sure to check out my novel, gently caress and Destroy, on the reading device of your choice

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the donnie in donnie darko is trump, i am a smart moviewatcher

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lansdowne posted:

in fact, joe biden plans to double the amount of water fountains in schools nationwide

:vince:

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wheeee posted:

a child runs to the principal's office at recess to complain that a circle of kids they'd been eavesdropping on said that playstation sucks and is for losers

the principal responds by slamming those kids with detention and telling them to never speak ill of playstation or playstation gamers again

harsh but fair imo

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

do the camp apologists not realize that they are just making the exact same defenses for their necessity as kellyanne conway et al, except with more bloviating? this is rhetorical

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Which is worse:

Unironically basing your ideology on Starship Troopers or ironically basing your ideology on Speed Racer?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

do the camp apologists not realize that they are just making the exact same defenses for their necessity as kellyanne conway et al, except with more bloviating? this is rhetorical

No, see, that was Trump. This is not Trump.

Chief.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lansdowne posted:

:captainpop:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
of course the admins want to protect a safe space for fans of joe biden, he's a sex criminal

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

I take it you haven’t heard of the awful conditions on Nauru(Australia), the appalling conditions at Moria Camp on Lesbos(Greece/EU), or “The Jungle” in Calais(UK/France). For extra heartbreak, there is a horrendous photo of a small refugee child washing up on the beach after their craft capsized. Notably the EU has deployed multiple counties coast guards and/or navies to force migrants to turn around, and have been accused of intentionally sinking or refusing to help migrants at sea in distress.

Here’s the thing; the holding centers that are in question are averaging processing times of less then 15 days. It’s still horrific; but it pales in comparison to the absolute nightmares that have been lingering for years in countries that were held up as virtuous places we should emulate because they have better policies.

That doesn’t excuse the massive crisis the US has on its hands; but wringing hands out how we are just so far beyond the pail is sadly just plain naive.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Lansdowne posted:

took me too long to get this

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol i just noticed i got probed last night for "whining about dnd" ITT, wtf lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

But yes, please, for the love of god, just shut the gently caress up about dnd. If you hate the debate club ethos they got going on over there, well, I don't blame you, and the answer is to not post or talk about the debate club forum. You have this wonderful alternative, right here, in cspam, where there is no pretense that you have to value anyone's opinions or justify anything. Why do you have to go gently caress up and antagonize the other one? There are 4 billion people on the internet and most of them are wrong about everything, something something serenity, cannot change, etc.

i urge you to actually look at the poo poo d&d posts, because uhhh it definitely isn't "debate club ethos"

unless smearing rape victims and talking about how victims of concentration camps probably deserved it for being diseased foreigners is part of a normal debate club, I never actually took part in an official debate myself so I wouldn't know

also, disagreeing with either of those positions is grounds for immediate punishment by their demented, thin-skinned mods who actively encourage this behavior

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Which is worse:

Unironically basing your ideology on Starship Troopers or ironically basing your ideology on Speed Racer?

depend if you're going by the book or Paul Verhoeven's movie

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

either way always bash the fash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yinlock posted:

i urge you to actually look at the poo poo d&d posts, because uhhh it definitely isn't "debate club ethos"

unless smearing rape victims and talking about how victims of concentration camps probably deserved it for being diseased foreigners is part of a normal debate club, I never actually took part in an official debate myself so I wouldn't know

also, disagreeing with either of those positions is grounds for immediate punishment by their demented, thin-skinned mods who actively encourage this behavior

At elite schools that is literally the debate club ethos: maintain personal decorum of the immediate participants at all costs but you can gish gallop every single logical fallacy and smear the poo poo out of people who aren't at the other lectern as much as you want. In fact winners are typically the ones who do the most of this the fastest since ability to deliver points rapid fire and maintain the pretense of dignity is pretty much the primary criteria to win.