Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
If I were a pampered royal who had all my needs taken care of i’d work out all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I started 13 Sentinels and I'm already hooked.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Blind Rasputin posted:

I agree with you Bust Rodd. There are definitely gaming hobbies those that are angry or lost (and really need help and recognition) can take part in that amplify American cultural toxicities around “OP males” and the power of guns. Any game that pushes the common misconception that male mages are “soft” or have “low HP” just furthers this in the worst way. Which is why I have been working with others to boycott the Royal class (and others) in DS3 and about half of Diablo’s content but these companies have not returned our phone calls.

Lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finally started Uncharted 3 and I can totally see the Holland/Wahlberg casting for young Drake/Sully now

There's something also inherently funny about an entire game based around a 20-something Lara Croft getting over her trauma and survivor's guilt to even be kind of normal and a preteen Drake just being mildly worried that an army of grown men are trying to gun him down, boarding school must have really hosed that kid up

Also I think they made this one easier to find stuff, I'm already at 20 collectibles and not even a third of the way through the game whereas I didn't even hit 30 before the end of UC2

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Rather than try any of my many new games (SOTC, FF7R, Farpoint, all the new VR titles that were recently given away) I have instead opted to replay Subnautica for the third time now that I have it on console.

Just as enjoyable as I remember it but playing with a controller feels like wearing oven mitts compared to M+KB :smith:

edit: switched to the Nacon controller and it's a lot better - not sure if it's the offset sticks or just general quality.

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 2, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought a bunch of new games but unfortunately I'm 50 hours in to AC Valhalla and have probably covered about 1/3 of the map and even less story.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

My wife’s sister is still playing AC Valhalla. She is trying to 100% the game. She’s played for over 220 hours so far. I uhm.. I honestly don’t know how the gently caress but she loves the norse stuff. It’s a very, very long game. Took almost 100 hours just to do the main stuff. I couldn’t hack it after area 4 or 5.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Read After Burning posted:

I started 13 Sentinels and I'm already hooked.

I am so glad there are two voice acted languages I get to play this game in.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

100%ing Assassins Creed games would be my personalized version of hell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think the closest I got was Brotherhood... Maybe 4 since that was in the launch window of no other games besides Resogun and Knack

Edit: oh wait no Black Flag had dumb multiplayer trophies too so lol

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Being mostly out of games to play, guess i'm picking up 13 Sentinels and the first Atelier Ryza game since their physical forms are never on sale, where to begin?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I started playing Disco Elysium. That's right, another game that I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at when everyone was raving about it, is getting the proper fridge corn treatment

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the only good politics that are allowed in games is if this gentleman writes about it

giant robots and men shooting bees out of their hands should be a model for all future governments.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I started playing Disco Elysium. That's right, another game that I couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at when everyone was raving about it, is getting the proper fridge corn treatment

It stinks. You play as a cop and shoot innocents

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Speaking of AC games, Oddessy is the only game I want right now and its not in the sale but Valhalla is.

Though not really a big deal because I'm pretty sure Like a Dragon is going to take up all my PS time for the next dozen years. Man, Ichiban gets really hosed over in it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blind Rasputin posted:

I agree with you Bust Rodd. There are definitely gaming hobbies those that are angry or lost (and really need help and recognition) can take part in that amplify American cultural toxicities around “OP males” and the power of guns. Any game that pushes the common misconception that male mages are “soft” or have “low HP” just furthers this in the worst way. Which is why I have been working with others to boycott the Royal class (and others) in DS3 and about half of Diablo’s content but these companies have not returned our phone calls.

;-*

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of AC games, Oddessy is the only game I want right now and its not in the sale but Valhalla is.

Though not really a big deal because I'm pretty sure Like a Dragon is going to take up all my PS time for the next dozen years. Man, Ichiban gets really hosed over in it.

Ubi games are on a near constant sales rotation. Shouldn't take too long for Odyssey to be back on sale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rinkles posted:

Ubi games are on a near constant sales rotation. Shouldn't take too long for Odyssey to be back on sale.

Yea I figure it will show up eventually. It's not like I don't have Origins sitting around barely touched. I got as far as being given a mission to craft something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The setting of ancient Greece and Kassandra did a lot to cover up the issues I had with Odyssey. I don't think I would've put in anywhere as many hours into it (over 100) otherwise.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BisterdDave posted:

Everyone knows you run faster with a knife.

you run fastest with a scout

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

That’s news to me. I thought PS+ was account specific

Nope. I have a primary PS4 account that has PS+ and that I buy games with but I don't play anything with. The account I use for gaming can play online and can play all PS+ games. I haven't tried cloudsaving or installing PS+ games directly from it, as I normally start the d/l from the primary account, but all accounts on my PS4 can play PS+ games.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

It's better than I was expecting so far, but it is slow and I get kinda bored of it quickly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

100%ing Assassins Creed games would be my personalized version of hell

I enjoy playing them so it's fun for me.

Hell would be 100%ing Saboteur lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I platinumed ac odyssey but I dont think that even required a 100% completion

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It doesn't which is why that ones the only one I've platinumed lol
Valhalla requires completing all areas which I dunno if I'll really bother with, we'll see.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Anytime i play an assassins creed game i almost immediately feel like falling asleep would be a better thing to do

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Anytime i play an assassins creed game i almost immediately feel like falling asleep would be a better thing to do

True of most games, tbh

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

if you described those games to me I'd be so sure I'd like them but somehow i've never even been able to play through one, they're just so boring

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Caesar Saladin posted:

if you described those games to me I'd be so sure I'd like them but somehow i've never even been able to play through one, they're just so boring

To be fair I've only played black flag and syndicate. I just don't get why anyone who enjoys videogames would choose to play them. I have to exercise and sleep and do house chores before i can sit down and play anything never mind spending actual time on utter mediocrity

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

JollyBoyJohn posted:

To be fair I've only played black flag and syndicate. I just don't get why anyone who enjoys videogames would choose to play them. I have to exercise and sleep and do house chores before i can sit down and play anything never mind spending actual time on utter mediocrity

I know, we already have to read your posts!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you have to do all the “chase the bit of paper” things to get the Valhalla plat cos if so I will definitely never get it

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, they count for the artifact achievement.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

But you can use that one ability to sneak up and grab them before they fly away unless they patched it out like the door dive thing

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

lol it's innoncence

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh the fact that you're playing as a cop explains a lot of the disco elysium hype and fandom holy poo poo

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FAUXTON posted:

oh the fact that you're playing as a cop explains a lot of the disco elysium hype and fandom holy poo poo

lmao

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

FAUXTON posted:

cops in disco elysium are not like American cops. They're basically a volunteer organization who rely on donations, and are more similar to a peace corps than the american variety of pigs. It's repeatedly stated in the game that the RCM (the Revachol Citzen's Militia) operates within a 'legal twilight' and are basically only recognized as an authority because of a political conflict between corporations who decided the optics of having the RCM was beneficial. And in the game, the first actual suspects you question basically tell you to gently caress off, and several other people in the city tell you it would be stupid to try to arrest them because they'd basically kill you.

The actual cops in Disco Eylsium work as mercenaries for said corporations, and have high tech armor and automatic guns, and you basically have the most simple type of pistol, and even ammo is extremely scarce.

edit: idk if you're being serious or not, but still, I actually did kind of ignore the game at first because of this and I thought it would have stupid politics and be like fallout 3 style moral decision making. but it;s actually really good! and i don't like basically any other modern rpg that's remotely similar.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 2, 2021

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah cause this forum really loves cops

?????

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Weren't people itt criticizing Spider-Man for being friendly to police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FAUXTON posted:

I think its explained by it being a great game op