Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Starship Troopers is a book you read as a teen and think is cool but if you revisit later just lol

the same could be said of anything by Heinlein, which makes perfect sense considering his only worthwhile stories are those juveniles explicitly written for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Atrocious Joe posted:

it's not even like Cuomo would be replaced by a Republican!

neither was franken but these freaks wont shut up about it . they just hate to lose anyone.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Flunky posted:

yea seriously. lmao at apologizing for anything ever as an elected politican. you did 5000 murders on camera? just ignore it haha nobody will remember in 2 weeks

MODHAT ON - look, I know I called them murders before, but upon reflection they were 5000 cases of manslaughter and furthermore

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Now that we got aochloe our next emote should be :modhaton:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
i know we mock uspol a lot but you guys should really read the D&D china thread for some real brain death. Just pure race theory and jingoism openly celebrated. These loving freaks are going to be cheering in the streets if biden blows up a chinese ship or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Now that we got aochloe our next emote should be :modhaton:

i don't think we can get an emote of a guy jacking off into a hat

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

half of the USPol regulars will be republican voters in like, 2 presidential elections if there are enough Romney style 'I was always disgusted by Trump's actions, no I never did anything and constantly profited off it but I was v. upset' types, or some pussy rear end half-republican thing like voting for 'independents' like Ben Sasse.

I don't see why this would need to happen, since the Democratic Party will still exist and likely have moved to the right in various areas.

There would need to be a culture war realignment of some sort where "dumb rednecks and Christian fundamentalists" stopped being associated with the Republican Party and Democrats stopped being associated with "credentialed professionals."

sexpig by night posted:

i know we mock uspol a lot but you guys should really read the D&D china thread for some real brain death. Just pure race theory and jingoism openly celebrated. These loving freaks are going to be cheering in the streets if biden blows up a chinese ship or something.

It's okay because they're doing a holocaust

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Flunky posted:

yea seriously. lmao at apologizing for anything ever as an elected politican. you did 5000 murders on camera? just ignore it haha nobody will remember in 2 weeks

I think you fundamentally misunderstand the nature of power and nepotism that exists in America. Cuomo didnt resign because he has a powerful network that will protect his career and make sure he is never prosecuted. Someone like Franken does not have anything like that. It has nothing to do with "ignoring" accusations.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

i don't think we can get an emote of a guy jacking off into a hat

last one to cum in the mod hat has to wear it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lansdowne posted:

call it the ick hat

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Surely the bad actors from dnd are being probed too

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
pull up Tatum Girlparts. it's not worth it.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Lansdowne posted:

soggy button contest

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Lansdowne posted:

I'm on effexor so I ain't never gonna nut

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Dear Bohemian Club member,

Hi. I’m the local elected official who represents west county, which includes the 2,700 acres’ worth of Bohemian Grove that you come to play in. I’ve never set foot on your property. I know you’ve hung out with all of my Fifth District Supervisor predecessors at the Grove — but unlike them, I’m a woman. So I can’t come to your camp, which makes this a little awkward.

Let me start off by saying that I don’t think you’re a bad man. In fact, all of the men I know who are affiliated with the Grove are good men. Community-minded men. Caring men. And there are a lot of men I didn’t know were affiliated with the Grove — powerful people, influential people — who’ve been reaching out to me and my colleagues over the past few days advocating on the Grove’s behalf.

In case you are thinking of talking to me or anyone else about the Grove, I would like to offer some constructive suggestions. These points are all based on things that have been said to me over the past few days. May I suggest, when defending Grove activities in the face of renewed public scrutiny, that you might consider the following strategies:

1) Stop trying to convince me that the Grove is totally normal. It’s not. It’s weird. But here’s the thing — I don’t have a problem with weird. So just be honest with me and admit that it’s weird. Try, “Hey, I like to hang out with a bunch of powerful dudes in the redwoods and pee on trees and listen to music and hear famous men speak and burn effigies in weird little tent cities.” Because that sounds like West County Burning Man, and I can understand the appeal.

2) I recommend against making the argument that the Grove is the same as any other same-sex social group. Other men’s and women’s groups don’t have international leaders flying in on private jets and helicopters to a secretive 2,700-acre compound. The club prides itself on being elite and having powerful and influential members and visitors, from Presidents and Supreme Court justices to political commentators. Yet when Bohos talk to me, they tend to sweep this fact under the rug. Meanwhile the Grove’s own job postings (currently online) brag, “Our attendees consist of business and political leaders from around the globe and yeah we’re also talking about world class rock and roll, country, jazz and classical musicians and entertainers. It’s pretty cool.”

3) There are other ways in which the Grove isn’t like other same-sex social groups. Many men’s groups come together for same-sex company, but don’t have rules that entirely prohibit females from occupying their property overnight or disallow women from ever entering certain buildings or rooms. (I will admit that this is where you veer away from being the West County Burning Man. This kind of weird is a little less “fun/quirky/free-peeing weird,” and a little more “creepy/witch-trial weird.”)

4) It doesn’t really help your case to explain how — although women can’t become members — you allow women to work at the Grove. I get where you’re trying to go with this. You’re saying “Hey! We don’t prohibit women from occupying the property entirely!” But just to be clear, this means that the only way women are allowed to engage with the Grove is to serve men. That’s a little odd, right? I mean, try using this pickup line at a bar and see how far it gets you: “You can’t hang out with me as an equal, but you’re welcome to serve me drinks or food, park my car, or clean up after my mess. I’ll pay you $14/hour.” My guess is that proposition won’t go over too well with most women.

5) If, even after reading my previous admonition, you still want to tout the Grove’s equal employment opportunities for your currently listed $14-$17/hour jobs, I want you to know I’m aware that the decision to employ women wasn’t actually made by the club membership. Rather, that decision was made for you by a judge in the 1980s. And the anti-discrimination Fair Employment case was actually appealed by the club all the way to the Supreme Court. The club lost, so a judge forced you to allow women to work at the Grove. In other words, you don’t really get to take credit for employing women, because you didn’t do that voluntarily. You can take credit for following the law when you were ordered to do so by a judge.

6) Telling me that you have a mother, a wife or a daughter doesn’t make me automatically relate to you, nor does it make me automatically appreciate the Grove. Biologically speaking, we all have mothers. Being related to a woman does not make you an ally of women, just as having a black or brown cousin or gay or transgender uncle does not make you an ally of people of color or the LGBTQI+ community. Your actions do that. Not your marriage status or family ties.

You may have gathered that I’ve heard a lot about the Grove over the past few days. And as I’ve listened to various arguments, two words — both Greek in origin — come to mind. One word is “anachronism,” which literally means “backwards in time.” The other word is “hegemony,” a word with an ugly mouthfeel which comes from the Greek “hegemon,” which means the dominant city-state.

That’s what the Bohemian Grove seems like to me. It’s a flashback to an era when powerful men were the only dominant political paradigm, when only men could vote, when only men could have bank accounts and sign checks and pay bills. The club has been around for 150 years. A lot has changed in that time. But the club hasn’t. I think that’s what makes it so great for members, and so utterly incomprehensible to the rest of us.

I know, I know… by discussing issues of equality, I’m veering dangerously close to sounding like an “angry woman” in this letter. But I’m not anti-man. I respect your right to assemble. I don’t care if you enjoy weird things; quite frankly I don’t give a drat if you enjoy getting drunk and peeing on trees with other dudes. (I know I keep bringing up the peeing, but I do so because it’s one of the only Grove behaviors publicly confirmed in court record. The right to urinate freely out of sight of females was a hotly litigated part of the 1981 court case, and was presented as justification by the Grove not to hire female employees. So I can only conclude that peeing freely is important to you, and a critical reason for not including women.)

I find it extremely interesting that, even though the Grove is in my Supervisorial District, I’ve heard of more phone calls regarding the Grove being directed to male elected officials. Because, you know, it’s easier for a guy to talk to another guy about why the Grove is OK than it is to talk to a woman about it. Because there’s some comfort and ease in talking to someone of the same gender. It’s a little more challenging to talk about sensitive issues — particularly sexism — with someone of the opposite sex.

Which is exactly why it is so hard to get into politics as a woman. Because politics are still dominated by men, and women are less likely to be mentored by men, because we’re less likely to golf, hang out in men’s circles or be part of men’s clubs. We weren’t part of your frat. We’re not bros.

Which is also why the Grove has always bothered me. Because it is the “hegemon,” and it isn’t an “anachronism.” The Grove is how the world of politics continues to function today: a world of relationships that are more easily accessed by men. One-hundred and fifty years after the Grove was founded, we women can vote and own property and pay our own bills, but when it comes to politics, it’s still a man’s world. (Just ask the first female President of the United States and the first female Governor of California.)

As I wrap up this letter, I want to be very direct with you. I don’t hate the Grove. I don’t want to shut it down. I do, however, wish the Grove were just a little bit more self-aware. I wish you would reach out to women leaders the way you reach out to male leaders, and that — if you are not in fact going to grant women the same opportunity to participate as men — that you consider supporting female empowerment in other ways.

I wish the club supported the lower Russian River community more. Sure, they donate to a few causes, but considering the wealth and influence of the 3,000-plus attendees, it could be a lot more. For instance, how about funding an additional Sheriff’s deputy for the lower river year-round to broadly enhance public safety? How about working with me to tackle homelessness in the lower river? The Grove is part of a paradigm that has disempowered women for hundreds of years. The most powerful thing you can do is to acknowledge that fact — and as you continue to have your fun in the redwoods, try to do other things in your life to help out those who aren’t “lucky enough” (either anatomically or socially speaking) to be members of your precious club.

On that note, Grove member, maybe we could get together sometime. The best way to break down boundaries is to shake hands. Maybe some day you’ll collectively decide that shaking a woman’s hand under the redwood trees isn’t so different from shaking a man’s.

Take care,

Lynda

P.S. — The Grove/Sheriff’s contract was pulled from our consent calendar on Tuesday due to legal questions that were initially raised by my colleague Shirlee Zane. And in fact, County Counsel has already recognized that the previous contract language was not appropriate because it required Sheriff’s deputies to enforce Bohemian Club rules and policies. This means that Sheriff’s deputies technically could have been tasked with enforcing discrimination against women. That is absolutely not acceptable. The contract has already been amended to clarify that the deputies are tasked with enforcing state and county laws, not Grove policy, and we are still awaiting additional legal review on other outstanding questions.

sorry folks but the Bohemian Grove is CANCELLED for being sexist

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Atrocious Joe posted:

rap battles are extremely dorky too but at least they get judged by the crowd response, and not dumb rules that have been bent beyond any original intent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UAC2qkcrDY

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

half of the USPol regulars will be republican voters in like, 2 presidential elections if there are enough Romney style 'I was always disgusted by Trump's actions, no I never did anything and constantly profited off it but I was v. upset' types, or some pussy rear end half-republican thing like voting for 'independents' like Ben Sasse.

nah, this is missing the point that their politics are entirely aesthetics. they will never be or vote republican, they just don't care what the Dems do as long as they continue to offer the smug educated woke persona for culture warring

neolibs and neocons are indistinguishable in everything except cultural signifiers

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

nah, this is missing the point that their politics are entirely aesthetics. they will never be or vote republican, they just don't care what the Dems do as long as they continue to offer the smug educated woke persona for culture warring

neolibs and neocons are indistinguishable in everything except cultural signifiers

Just like the money wants it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Lansdowne posted:

in fact, joe biden plans to double the amount of water fountains in schools nationwide

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Looks like it's possible that the toast might pop up again this time but that's probably just a right wing talking point

quote:

While previous influx sites (ed: l o l) have been criticized by Democrats in Congress and immigration advocates for sometimes falling short of state standards for licensed facilities, HHS has generally agreed to hold operators to those standards, said attorney Leecia Welch of the National Center for Youth Law. But it hasn’t committed to that now. Nor has HHS offered any other standards it plans to hold the facilities to. In a statement provided to ProPublica, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said, “We are seeing progress, but it takes time. In the meantime, the CBP workforce has done heroic work under difficult circumstances to protect these children (ed: lmao).” HHS did not respond to a request for comment.

It’s “the Wild West,” Welch said, reflecting a view shared by other advocates and congressional staff monitoring the children’s care.

Meanwhile, the federal government has tried to revive its COVID-19-battered network of permanent residential facilities. In January, it quietly renewed three-year grants to several state-licensed providers that previously faced complaints of physical or sexual abuse of children. The facilities have defended their care without denying the allegations.

One grant went to a Texas facility that children were removed from in 2018 amid allegations that staffers were drugging them, and that had previously fired a staff member for placing a child in a chokehold in 2019. Two organizations that have faced repeated allegations of sexual abuse also had their grants renewed: a foster-care provider in New York accused of placing children with abusers, and a shelter in Pennsylvania where children accused the staff of abuse. The New York organization told ProPublica, “The safety of the youth in our care is of the utmost importance to us and has always been,” and it stressed that both staff and potential fosterers go through “extensive background checks.” Neither of the other facilities responded to requests for comment.
https://www.propublica.org/article/no-good-choices-hhs-is-cutting-safety-corners-to-move-migrant-kids-out-of-overcrowded-facilities

quote:

HHS policy requires influx facilities to “comply, to the greatest extent possible, with State child welfare laws and regulations (such as mandatory reporting of abuse), as well as State and local building, fire, health and safety code.” There are no such commitments in place for emergency facilities, according to Welch and congressional staff. It’s still not clear who will operate the facilities after the initial setup is completed, or whether HHS will require them to provide support services to children, such as mental health counseling or legal assistance.

People who work in the system often point out that the ultimate goal is to get children reunited with their U.S.-based relatives as quickly and safely as possible. The lack of support services might matter less if children did not end up staying at the new emergency sites for months, they argue.

“We would always want children in a good, safe, developmentally appropriate setting,” Greenberg told ProPublica. “But the issue is just really different for a child who is going to be somewhere for 30 days” compared to longer-term stays.

Ultimately, how long emergency sites remain open depends on how long children keep coming to the U.S. in numbers beyond what HHS can accommodate.

Man this is going to get extremely, horrifically worse

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

its very sad

the whiplash between "wow anti Asian hate crimes are so bad!" and "we must stop the wily Chinese from threatening American empire" delivered by the same people without any apparent understanding is just so so unfortunate and difficult

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

its very sad

the whiplash between "wow anti Asian hate crimes are so bad!" and "we must stop the wily Chinese from threatening American empire" delivered by the same people without any apparent understanding is just so so unfortunate and difficult

someone came at me in response to this with "well you can criticize israel but still be opposed to antisemitism, why can't you oppose the PRC without being racist against chinese people" and yeah I guess but the war drum seems to be much louder for this situation

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shipon posted:

someone came at me in response to this with "well you can criticize israel but still be opposed to antisemitism, why can't you oppose the PRC without being racist against chinese people" and yeah I guess but the war drum seems to be much louder for this situation

Lmao we're not hearing from both political parties and the entire commentariat about how israel is responsible for covid and also that we need to prepare ourselves for war against them, what the gently caress kind of garbage comparison is that

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Shipon posted:

i support the chinese people but i hate the PRC. now let me explain why the CPC is only trying to Save Face to hide their, almost certainly, evil intentions

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

The succzone isn't a D&D offsite and it isn't a QCS offsite, like I get it the modding situation is hosed all to hell and back but making GBS threads up the thread over it isn't gonna help

I've been looking the other way because it has resulted in the posting of what I cannot deny is content, but I'm gonna reiterate that content should be your main focus, not QCS-posting. QCS-posting can be done in QCS, and it would probably get something done there, too!
the qcs thread about whether or not youre allowed to call concentration camps concentration camps was only allowed to last 4 hours and has been closed without resolution for over a week

the ik who tried to enforce the rule about having semantics debates about concentration camps got de-iked b/c he enforced it on the "wrong" side

lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

pretty much. california "democrats" are basically republicans in everyway that matters, except they'll rename some schools after MLK elementary, rebrand Columbus day as indigenous people's day; and all republicans just call themselves "independent" because republican is persona non-grata.

e.g. all the Steve Glazer pieces of poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Yinlock posted:

i urge you to actually look at the poo poo d&d posts, because uhhh it definitely isn't "debate club ethos"

unless smearing rape victims and talking about how victims of concentration camps probably deserved it for being diseased foreigners is part of a normal debate club, I never actually took part in an official debate myself so I wouldn't know

also, disagreeing with either of those positions is grounds for immediate punishment by their demented, thin-skinned mods who actively encourage this behavior
Okay I will do my best to speak frankly - sorry in advance to any liberal folks reading this. It is a base assumption of mine that, to be a leftist in America, you are going to butt heads with 99.9% of people that you meet when you talk about politics. It is really easy to see the base-level cruelty in liberal thought once that particular veil is lifted, but for most people in this country, it has not. I know this, I presume you know this, it's probably something that everyone in this forum takes for granted. Something Awful has a makeup that is quite different from this - I would wager that leftists of one flavor or another have a plurality if not an outright majority here. Maybe that is wrong, it's not like I have demographic data from a goon census, but that's my read on things and I think it's as good as anyone's. It's super cool that such places can exist, it's an honor to have so many people here who get it, and that's not going to change.

However, being one of those leftists is not a requirement for posting here. Politics discussion is a major draw of this site but it's far from the only thing people come here for. Anyone can join and say what they think and talk in the politics forums, either this free-for-all one here or the more rigid one where you're expected to engage constructively with whoever is speaking. There are very few openly conservative people here, and the ones that are here know better than to speak of it too loudly. Given that we've already banned one half of all mainstream american thought, nearly entirely, I'm not prepared to outlaw the other one as well. The liberals are here and they're staying here and frankly, seeking to drive them off is pretty self-defeating. How did you leave that 99.9%? I'm guessing you weren't raised a leftist from birth - you wanna share? I will tell you how I did it - I was wrong about poo poo, and I posted about it right here on this website, and I learned better. Would that have happened if, instead of arguing, people just screamed at me that I must love rape and genocide so much I want to marry it? Probably not. I'd like to think I have a pretty thick skin, but who would stick around for that? Even when I believed dumb liberal horseshit, I knew I wasn't a white supremacist and if all I got when I posted was accusations of white supremacy, I'd gently caress off. Flinging those sorts of accusations at people who, like most of the people in the known universe, have merely failed to come to the same leftist conclusions you have is basically pulling the ladder up behind you. Most of the leftists on this site became leftists *because* of this site, and it's a good thing your forebears didn't treat you that way. (Sorry if this doesn't apply to you personally - it certainly applies to many many people in this thread.)

This doesn't mean you have to enjoy that sort of debate - no one makes you participate. This doesn't mean you can't be frustrated by those opinions - I know they frustrate me! But it does mean you don't get to have a clubhouse in which you accuse those people of whatever exaggerated ideological crime you can imagine. Voting for Pete Buttigieg is stupid but it doesn't make you a white supremacist, and that sort of leap is really loving toxic when it's thrown at people who might instead figure things out, the same way many of us did. Some of them never will, and that is part of loving life - you share a community with people like that, both IRL and online, and truly, it's not the hell you think it is. You can still go engage in debate club with them if you want, but those debate-club rules are the reason the forum exists - like it or not, it's the forum where you back up what you say with thought and facts, not one where you find unbelievers to burn, and that applies to everyone. If you can't handle it, just let it go. I'm begging you. Accept that some people will have the resolve to debate with them, and some won't, and if you don't have the disposition to do so without verbally sucker-punching them, you have this whole other forum about politics right here to post in still, with people who agree with you.

I will be straight and say that I like this thread a lot when it is about democrats in the large. I keep it bookmarked and the views expressed here match my own views more than any other thread on the forums. But the way you treat the other people on this site, whose only crime is being wrong in the liberal way that a hundred million americans are wrong, is poo poo. It's toxic to any sort of growth and it doesn't advance the cause at all - all it does is gently caress up this pretty cool web community we have going here, where, unlike almost anywhere else, people actually manage to exit that 99.9%. You have to quit loving it up. As an insane person, the success of this site is more important to me than the success of america, and if this thread cannot stop screaming at hapless liberals that they love rape and genocide until they leave forever in fear of losing their jobs, it has to go away.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tmfc posted:

lmao I bought the smilie, I hope they all cry about it
thank you for your service

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i miss Majorian.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
the interforum drama is pathetic. call the camps whatever you want the situation is still horrible.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can we get an explanation on what happened to majorian so im not just looking at succ zone quokka entrails to piece together what is going on

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i wish i knew how to personally make myself involved in some meaningful way.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

A good Podcast that people itt should Listen to and reflect on is the latest trueanon episode.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

comedyblissoption posted:

can we get an explanation on what happened to majorian so im not just looking at succ zone quokka entrails to piece together what is going on
I am gonna email him and see if I can't fix it. I feel very spread thin but I like the guy and would rather he stick around.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i would actually respect majorian more if he stuck to it and didn't come back this time, but no one escapes this hellhole unless it's by force

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Would that have happened if, instead of arguing, people just screamed at me that I must love rape and genocide so much I want to marry it?
The taintrunner-wannabe posting are definitely very bad. I didn't necessarily mind all of taintrunners postings when he was just talking about games or movies, but on anything else he was largely an obnoxious broken record even if I nominally agreed with sentiment and it was very much not healthy and not a good idea to mimick it.

That's reasonable and I agree inter-forum war poo poo is dumb, if only because it's mostly drab and wrung out and cspammers at large aren't funny enough to make it funny (that includes me). It's dumb when certain cspamers get a wild stick up their rear end making up conspiracy theories about FYAD or QCS making up stuff about cspam or whatever. We're all slovenly goons with a BMI that isn't even on the CDC charts regardless of the forumid. I'm certainly guilty of D&Dlols at time and will try not to reference them or specific goons in the future.

I think it's fine and healthy that people can c/p lols, whether it's from twitter or reddit or D&D or lepers colony; but it seems reasonable to require it kept anonymous if it's from within and not pied piper an trail of rats trying to intentionally call-out and taintrunner everything up. for example this is comedy gold and should be posted regardless of source:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
yeah if they need a break thats very understandable.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hey I haven't read this thread since like January, do we dislike AOC now? Trying to keep up. :aochloe:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

Hey I haven't read this thread since like January, do we dislike AOC now? Trying to keep up. :aochloe:

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

to be frank right back at you, d&d mods are openly punishing people for arguing against liberal orthodoxy and they routinely ignore facts and arguments inconvenient to said orthodoxy, so if there's a clubhouse on these forums where honest debate isn't allowed it sure as hell ain't here

also they openly turned on a dime from screaming about how you have to support biden because concentration camps to arguing until they're blue in the face that the very same camps run by the very same people (except even more overcrowded in the middle of a pandemic) are actually good and necessary the moment that their guy was in charge, so this ain't just some "well you voted for the wrong empty suit", it's outright atrocity denial that's protected and condoned.

and as long as that kind of thinking is protected from any and all pushback nobody is going to learn anything except how to make better rationalizations for why this whole horrorshow is acceptable when their team is winning

so i don't think the real point of contention here is that people itt are expecting you to ban the libs or make debate impossible somehow, it's more that the cesspit that d&d has become is stinking up the entire forums