Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
iiinteresting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lmao

:patriot:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Zhulik posted:

absolutely and also matt sounded really divorced in the last one

Truly the one of the few things in the chapo lore that makes me sad :(

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Wizard Master posted:

Interesting you say that when both Adam and Felix liked her baby picture on Instagram - and that fact that Adam did that after what Dasha put him through speaks volumes.

lol

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Anyway the new episode with Thomas Frank was great

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Yestermoment posted:

Truly the one of the few things in the chapo lore that makes me sad :(

I’m p sure he’s still married, and OP is making a reference to when we would all speculate on if Matt got divorced.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
lol this thread rules

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Memories of when people said matt and felix hated each other because among other things matt laughed too hard at Felix's jokes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
mr reddit please reopen /r/chapotraphouse

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

The Chad Jihad posted:

Memories of when people said matt and felix hated each other because among other things matt laughed too hard at Felix's jokes

Which is even funnier because it seems like Matt and Felix hang out the most.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The Chad Jihad posted:

matt laughed too hard at Felix's jokes

This speaks volumes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Felix roasting Matt for loving squibs must mean they hate each other and also Felix hates doing the show

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
every few months there's a "felix didn't even finish watching the terrible new dinesh movie is he about to quit the show" take and i've always thought it would be crazy to walk away from your lucrative six figure 4 hour workweek job and never believed it

but then virgil apparently did exactly that so whoops

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wizard Master posted:

Congrats to Anna from Red Scare on the birth of her first child - making her the first person in the Chapo extended universe to become a parent.

Brett and Bryan have been parents for years!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I thought Felix was pretty clearly unhappy at points in the show but just attributed it to life poo poo. I think he's as much as said so

Also that Karina Moreno ep was good, she's a good guest

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Virgil was also the one who said on the 400th episode that it wouldn't make it to 500.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Does Matt announce ahead of time when he's doing a stream? I wanted to ask a history question and I have no idea how to do it now that he's not streaming most days.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I would email virgil about it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Virgil was also the one who said on the 400th episode that it wouldn't make it to 500.

Which was one of their funniest episodes so it was especially bizarre to say it there (it was the 300th episode).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It seems very simple to me. If Virgil still wanted to be on the show, he’d probably be on the show. Instead of being on this show, he started a totally different show, but unlike Felix, he basically stopped doing this show.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Halloween Jack posted:

Does Matt announce ahead of time when he's doing a stream? I wanted to ask a history question and I have no idea how to do it now that he's not streaming most days.

He's been trying to do book talk Wednesday and gaming Friday but often runs into tech issues. The streams are usually around 6-7pm ET.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Thanks!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The Chad Jihad posted:

There was a period where I got a vibe from Amber that she was just absolutely barely tolerating Matt being a disgusting slob. I think it was Midwesterner on Midwesterner violence though like you hate the things in other people because you see it in yourself

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Proust Malone posted:

There was a period where I got a vibe from Amber that she was just absolutely barely tolerating Matt being a disgusting slob. I think it was Midwesterner on Midwesterner violence though like you hate the things in other people because you see it in yourself

they did a movie review podcast together for a bit

yall need to get real friends btw

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
My real friends are chill and the rare amount of drama is sad, not exciting.

Para-social relationships are the soap operas of our time. There's content creators who lean into that, but Chapo and RLM is evidence enough that doing so is redundant; the fans will do the work.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

what is the scuttlebutt about RLM, I just watch their videos sometimes and have no intuition of anything untoward

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Mr. Lobe posted:

what is the scuttlebutt about RLM, I just watch their videos sometimes and have no intuition of anything untoward

They’re divorced and they don’t like each other because of their Midwestern sensibilities.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Mr. Lobe posted:

no one has ever seen josh and matt christman in a room together, it is widely known they are the same man

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Mr. Lobe posted:

I don't know, what are you hearing? All I've seen of note is Jack tweeting out a link and seeming to unironically endorse to some else's unhinged medium post about negative reaction to The Last Jedi being a cryptofacist plot or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They're learning

https://twitter.com/AJWalton11/status/1377830722694680579?s=20

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

General Dog posted:

I don't know, what are you hearing? All I've seen of note is Jack tweeting out a link and seeming to unironically endorse to some else's unhinged medium post about negative reaction to The Last Jedi being a cryptofacist plot or something.

That's too complicated and banal, not at all juicy

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Wizard Master posted:

Interesting you say that when both Adam and Felix liked her baby picture on Instagram - and that fact that Adam did that after what Dasha put him through speaks volumes.

this is some real shadows-on-the-cave-walls poo poo

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Wizard Master

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just watch your shows and don't think about it too much.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

THS posted:

they did a movie review podcast together for a bit

yall need to get real friends btw

I mean yeah, but there’s a...spectrum...shall we say between posting things about a podcast we like on a paywall bbcode forum and like trying to get him to autograph my copy of catcher in the wild or some poo poo. Just let me like a thing.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

If it's going to bug you or the other goon, I'm pretty sure it's just a joke that people do the same thing to RLM. They even joked about it awhile ago at the start of a Wheel of the Worst or Plinketto "Is Mike replacing Rich? *Trade places* Oh no, Rich Evans just replaced Mike! Is the Wheel replacing Rich Evans?"

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Felix belongs to E1 now. He guests on Chapo.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Ideal finale for Chapo:

Felix marries Amber
Will marries Virgil
Matt marries Producer Chris

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
What's an episode where virgil was on an was funny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Vim Fuego posted:

What's an episode where virgil was on an was funny?

The one where he was discussing ways Bernie could win right after Super Tuesday