Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

it's exactly like what Chapo said about the trumpers. They're mad that despite having power, they can't make people respect them which is really what they want. So they have to lash out in increasingly bitchy ways

If he had an actual spine he would have responded and defended his position. Instead, he took the spineless approach and whined to other mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

ok, is this an april fools prank? I thought you wrote all those yourself

Nope, those were GJB posts.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Some Guy TT posted:

the plans not working very well given that the georgia republicans have learned from perdue and loefflers mistakes and are seizing the moment to tell all the corporations to gently caress off

well yeah. im not sayin it's a good plan lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

DoomTrainPhD posted:

If I knew my quote would have created so much drama that Jeffry got involved, I wouldn’t have posted the quote because all of this back and forth is draconian and not funny. I’m sorry guys. I just wanted to post a REALLY bad take for us to mock for a page or two. :smith:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I'm not sure if this or me running McMagic out of the old Succ thread is better. Probably McMagic, because they lost a debate to me posting unsourced quotes back at them.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

witchy posted:

in the qcs thread maine paineframe let drop that there are multiple people who regularly max out their cap of 12 daily reports lmao
really brings into context Problematic Threads With Lots of Reports

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

the plans not working very well given that the georgia republicans have learned from perdue and loefflers mistakes and are seizing the moment to tell all the corporations to gently caress off

it's sort of interesting that there seems to be a division in the ruling class between the republicans and the wider capitalist establishment. The GOP sees it's route to continued political success as being restrictions on voting, while the capitalists and democrats see the fetishization of mass voter participation as their best tool to dissipate dissent. Look at how the protests and riots last summer turned into Democratic GOTV actions.

of course the democrats don't actually want to confront the conditions that led to that mass uprising, so they focus solely on "voting" and trying to tear down racist barriers to advancement in corporate America. The latter policy of course, is to allow the best and brightest of oppressed communities to join the ranks of the elite, so they don't join any actual radical movement.

Then when the GOP campaign against the corporations, which are ruining everyone's lives, they blame the anti-racist policies for their malevolence.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1377976862622707717

yes, THESE babies came here of their own volition, as hardened criminals
lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

DoomTrainPhD posted:

If he had an actual spine he would have responded and defended his position. Instead, he took the spineless approach and whined to other mods.

i assume this would also explain my probe which was singled out among the other dnd hateposts because it explicitly was making GBS threads on a specific dnd mod lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Smythe posted:

just leave the d&d nerds alone for a week or two, gently caress sakes lol. theyll get bored of reading this thread looking for outrage bait (the vile unsourced quotes) and then you can get back to it without 37 different mods and admins cracking skulls every 9 seconds. drat. little thing called TACT.
that's basically what happens w/o these humanitarian interventions

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
i gotta say i was worried about SA changing hands but we had literally no period of adjustment between regimes of thin skinned bitch moderators. loving seamless.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/GDebatta/status/1378009688990752769?s=19

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Rectal Death Deft posted:

i gotta say i was worried about SA changing hands but we had literally no period of adjustment between regimes of thin skinned bitch moderators. loving seamless.

to be fair, at least Jeffrey is posting itt with us and trying to communicate instead of streaming a video game and going on a random ban spree egged on by racists in his chat

Praise be to Jeffrey, who finally got the mattress out of his pool

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Vim Fuego posted:

ok, is this an april fools prank? I thought you wrote all those yourself

it turns out D&D were the ones actually posting unsourced quotes

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

i liked the show travellers it was cool

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo
I heard a Joe Biden interview where he claimed his administration created more jobs than any other in history in it's first month.

Does this mean libs will stop claiming that he "inherited" the great financial crisis? I mean if he can take credit for everything after his inauguration day then he is chiefly responsible for the great recession.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Perhaps we should make a new thread rule:

If the poster of an unsourced quote comes in and defends their position in good faith, we agree to stop posting their posts for a month.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I just read a multi-page feature article in the New Yorker about forums drama on a knitting website. If Jeffry was smart, he'd be capitalizing on all this stuff and shopping the CSPAM/D&D feud around to the press.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Joselyneegarcia/status/1377980407849750529

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

really queer Christmas posted:

This is 100% right, but there's also no prestige media to go on for the left to have your concerns heard. You have to go on Podcaster, youtubere, and twitch shows to have leftists be able to hear your concerns and rally support. Which isn't as dignified as going on talk radio or fox was for the right. Meanwhile, that same prestige media will slam you for being a stupid leftist who doesn't understand that there's no better solution than concentration camps.

She's 100% become a lifelong congresswoman now, and if she doesn't change tract immediately she's lost forever to sit it a seat and do the same poo poo Crowley did until she gets redistricted out.
aoc might be worse than crowley since she is using her star power and charisma to gaslight for how complicated and better the child concentration camps are in a much more effective way than crowley ever could

aoc's kowtowing is probably opening lots of doors for her in the party in a similar way that pelosi once being for singlepayer or against the iraq war was not a dealbreaker

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Apr 2, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
To quote the libs - What's your loving plan to actually make this happen?

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1378021909519028224?s=20

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1377968611583746052

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

silicone thrills posted:

To quote the libs - What's your loving plan to actually make this happen?

https://twitter.com/RepJayapal/status/1378021909519028224?s=20

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weembles posted:

I just read a multi-page feature article in the New Yorker about forums drama on a knitting website. If Jeffry was smart, he'd be capitalizing on all this stuff and shopping the CSPAM/D&D feud around to the press.

this is a pretty good idea. Hate generates views and the extremely online rape apologist and concentration camp defenders that agree with the rape apologists and concentration camp defenders that apparently have to exist here would get really mad and want to come out of the woodwork to pay $10 and get owned by my Heavenly Sword Six Strikes Style posting.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1377976862622707717

yes, THESE babies came here of their own volition, as hardened criminals

lmao what a loving sellout

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

DoomTrainPhD posted:

If the poster of an unsourced quote comes in and defends their position in good faith, we agree to stop posting their posts for a month.

Who adjudicates good faith?

TBH I think D&Ders coming in here to defend their position should be up to them without preconditions or guarantees. They don't have to read CSPAM.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://twitter.com/ColdReports/status/1378024444761935881?s=20

Lmao. that username.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

Who adjudicates good faith?

TBH I think D&Ders coming in here to defend their position should be up to them without preconditions or guarantees. They don't have to read CSPAM.

Fair enough. Perhaps instead, if they want to report the unsourced quote, they should be auto-probed unless they have attempted to defend their position iit?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

i would not be mean to anyone who did so simply because at this point im sincerely curious what their thought process is when they make these reports and wouldnt want to scare them away

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

witchy posted:

in the qcs thread maine paineframe let drop that there are multiple people who regularly max out their cap of 12 daily reports lmao
lmao what is wrong with people

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

:hmmyes:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Hey remember when bombing countries and killing women and children stoped Al Qaeda? No? Why are you talking about Al Qaeda? We are talking about ISIS over-errrrrrr.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Fair enough. Perhaps instead, if they want to report the unsourced quote, they should be auto-probed unless they have attempted to defend their position iit?

imo jeffrey should give everyone like one free report a day and then monetize the button :getin:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Tzen posted:

lmao what is wrong with people

They had parents that didn't teach them the important lesson of "Don't be a loving narc"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/charlotte2153/status/1377979521220108291

:hmbol:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

imo jeffrey should give everyone like one free report a day and then monetize the button :getin:

I mean clearly the "Don't be a thin-skinned no-spine punk" doesn't work with the delicate lib feefee's, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
You'd think he wouldnt mind a little trolling. He used to come in here and say joe was going to win, which he almost didnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I mean clearly the "Don't be a thin-skinned no-spine punk" doesn't work with the delicate lib feefee's, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

The entire purpose of liberalism is to turn people into human resources for capital so why the gently caress shouldn't jeffo get his beak wet