Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
it made me happier when I didn’t see your posts in cspam for months. and now? square one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
https://www.vice.com/en/article/9ke3ke/famed-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-described-epstein-victims-as-entirely-willing

Forgot about this lol

“Stallman, a pioneer of the free software movement, argued about the definition of "sexual assault" on an MIT email listserv about the university's connections to Jeffrey Epstein.”

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Head Bee Guy posted:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/9ke3ke/famed-computer-scientist-richard-stallman-described-epstein-victims-as-entirely-willing

Forgot about this lol

“Stallman, a pioneer of the free software movement, argued about the definition of "sexual assault" on an MIT email listserv about the university's connections to Jeffrey Epstein.”

stalman is such a loving creep

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
In a little bit of happy news, his reinstatement at the FSF is not going over well:
https://www.theregister.com/2021/03/30/fsf_mass_resignation/
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/03/red-hat-withdraws-from-the-stallman-led-free-software-foundation/

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

That guy ("the Perfume Nationalist") is trump supporting literal neonazi who twitter people know about because of sucking up to the red scare girls and previously half-heartedly pretending to not be racist and right-wing. Best to ignore.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Gaupo Guacho posted:

have you discovered anything that's made you happier? or made you a better husband, father or son? How about anything that's even helped you personally enrich yourself? (if you have more money than you feel you need you can donate some to families with food insecurities). merely curious.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lmao look at this loving guy.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

mycomancy posted:

I’d rather not!

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

mycomancy posted:

How are they wrong?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bronze Fonz posted:

How are they wrong?

if you’re taking guapo at his word you’re a big time rube, bud

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Stay on target everyone, does anyone have any books on the us and the yakuza during the post war years? Even before ww2 they seemed very integrated into how the government operated curious how much the USA worked with them like other gangs in Europe.

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

Gaupo Guacho posted:

have you discovered anything that's made you happier? or made you a better husband, father or son? How about anything that's even helped you personally enrich yourself? (if you have more money than you feel you need you can donate some to families with food insecurities). merely curious.

Im not that poster but I dont lurk this thread to be "happier". I come here to catch a glimpse of the world we live in, its history, and how it functions beyond the surface level.

I admit that while I think Epstein, and literally anything remotely connected to him is entirely plausible and probably true - it gets a little "cringe" (sorry for lack of a better word) when the sources also happen to question poo poo like the JFK assassination, moon landing, 9/11, and most other terminally schizophrenic theories of our day and age that make spreading this information around to the average person a total fools errand. Some might say, "well its their fault if they dont want to understand or read these 93 books I ordered off of Amazon" but that's not a solution nor an answer to the problem.

Its the only thing I really think about when Im done reading. How does one even begin to transcribe all of this to your non-online friend, for example? Where the gently caress would you even begin? One piece of information needs to be contextualized by another, and before you know it, you're talking about US presidents being part of huge cabals of ultra-wealthy shadow-company pedophiles who have no problems orchestrating mass murders and wars. Another issue I have with that is, if these individuals are so powerful and all-knowing, are they not aware of a certain online forum having a certain thread in it that discusses every minute detail of their secret dealings? I guess they might have bigger fish to fry.

Anyway sorry for think-out-loud blogposting I just dont really have anyone else to talk to about poo poo like this.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

How many people are gonna mysteriously die or withdraw their testimony over this Gaetz thing I wonder

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

Stay on target everyone, does anyone have any books on the us and the yakuza during the post war years? Even before ww2 they seemed very integrated into how the government operated curious how much the USA worked with them like other gangs in Europe.

Second this

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Gaupo Guacho posted:

Been posting in the wrestling threads and this is what we over there call "money heel work"

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Tony Tone posted:

I admit that while I think Epstein, and literally anything remotely connected to him is entirely plausible and probably true - it gets a little "cringe" (sorry for lack of a better word) when the sources also happen to question poo poo like the JFK assassination, moon landing, 9/11, and most other terminally schizophrenic theories of our day and age that make spreading this information around to the average person a total fools errand.

Ignoring subject matter, when people say "it's all connected", it doesn't have to be some kind of cinematic supervillian group in the shadows or in a secret underground layer. Epstein's reaches are a powerful example of the value in challenging isolationist thinking in history and politics. If we treat Epstein as this lone wolf case, it's convenient and easy to forget. He's just some insane rich blackmailer but he's gone now and can't hurt anyone anymore. But that's not true--in what kind of ecosystem could he exist largely unknown and isolated? Instead, he's deeply enmeshed in an elite power class that still exists, a notion supported by the accumulating evidence of his influential ties to celebrity, business, and science. And, in turn, the influence of that class isn't isolated either, it shapes politics, markets, and foreign policy that shape all of our lives.

Even grouping Epstein alongside conspiracy narratives deemed "terminally schizophrenic" compartmentalizes his impact in the world in one's thinking. An analog to challenging the isolated world that I mention to friends and maybe even mentioned here at some point is the end of World War 2. In school, we're taught of it as a discrete historic event. It came, it's over, the nazis are gone. But that's not true either. On the day WW2 ended, the nazis didn't just disappear and, if anything, it's crazy to assume they did. So where did they go?

e: Following this logic, no one has to read 93 books to learn some esoteric details of a specific historical event. If you recognize that society and history must function in continuity, then you can find it literally anywhere, even in wildly mundane events that seemed cut and dry. In this thread, we just focus on what we deem are some of the forces that have been in positions to steer that continuity more than most. The fact that at some point that can be tied back to Jeffrey Epstein is the scary part.

nut has issued a correction as of 04:11 on Apr 2, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

on a less poetic note, lol to think it's cringe to doubt the fbi

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

The idea that "Tony Tone" is stepping into our house and saying JFK and 9/11 aren't sus af is frankly bogus. Anybody posting that poo poo 655 pages into this thread is a mark or an op. The sources are triple locked, the accounting is flawless, the books are airtight. Don't even feel like you have to dignify them with a response Nut, it besmirches you.

gh0stpinballa has issued a correction as of 04:17 on Apr 2, 2021

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i do it for the love of the game, coach

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Nut out here doing it for love, can't really fault that. Dude I read a great book called Nut Country actually that I think you would really enjoy, lots of spooky Dallas, Big Oil and GOP threads to chase down:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24000104-nut-country

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

I didn't think of this book cos of your username, I thought of it cos of your insightful deep state analysis

nut
Jul 30, 2019

drat it has to go on the list for name alone. I'm only 200 pages into the mcveigh book (he just finished his time in the Gulf War) but it's really incredible and unique in its willingness to thoroughly explore every force that shaped him without feeling like it's pushing some narrative.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nut posted:

drat it has to go on the list for name alone. I'm only 200 pages into the mcveigh book (he just finished his time in the Gulf War) but it's really incredible and unique in its willingness to thoroughly explore every force that shaped him without feeling like it's pushing some narrative.

What's the mcveighe book? I have a stacked deck already but I'm up for another one if you're recommending it.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

What's the mcveighe book? I have a stacked deck already but I'm up for another one if you're recommending it.

turns out he's an op, op

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

there was a great twitter thread on pieces from it that inspired a couple people in here to grab it, mdemone just finished it

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Tony Tone posted:

Im not that poster but I dont lurk this thread to be "happier". I come here to catch a glimpse of the world we live in, its history, and how it functions beyond the surface level.

I admit that while I think Epstein, and literally anything remotely connected to him is entirely plausible and probably true - it gets a little "cringe" (sorry for lack of a better word) when the sources also happen to question poo poo like the JFK assassination, moon landing, 9/11, and most other terminally schizophrenic theories of our day and age that make spreading this information around to the average person a total fools errand. Some might say, "well its their fault if they dont want to understand or read these 93 books I ordered off of Amazon" but that's not a solution nor an answer to the problem.

Its the only thing I really think about when Im done reading. How does one even begin to transcribe all of this to your non-online friend, for example? Where the gently caress would you even begin? One piece of information needs to be contextualized by another, and before you know it, you're talking about US presidents being part of huge cabals of ultra-wealthy shadow-company pedophiles who have no problems orchestrating mass murders and wars. Another issue I have with that is, if these individuals are so powerful and all-knowing, are they not aware of a certain online forum having a certain thread in it that discusses every minute detail of their secret dealings? I guess they might have bigger fish to fry.

Anyway sorry for think-out-loud blogposting I just dont really have anyone else to talk to about poo poo like this.
You're still wading in the shallow end with regards to the scope of the pedophile cabal, but this post reminded me of a user on twitter who used to go by John Doe, he'd post all day about Dan Schneider and other hollywood child abusing sickos, I followed him for several months, all of it was done pretty professionally, no poo poo posting or posting memes or about his personal life. Then he started posting about Sumner Redstone, this was while he was still alive and kicking, a few days later he posted a bunch of long apology tweets, apologizing to Schneider, Redstone, and a bunch of other pedophiles and enablers, then he posted tweets saying all of his accusations were wrong and mistaken and none of it is true, then he deleted his account, very interesting.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

I like the theory that Eyes Wide Shut was to the ruling class like how the Godfather made a bunch of low-level criminals start wearing suits and imitating Marlon Brando

Many such cases.

Guide to the Technocracy made Silicon Valley what it is today and Johnson is larping as bigend.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Ace of Baes posted:

You're still wading in the shallow end with regards to the scope of the pedophile cabal, but this post reminded me of a user on twitter who used to go by John Doe, he'd post all day about Dan Schneider and other hollywood child abusing sickos, I followed him for several months, all of it was done pretty professionally, no poo poo posting or posting memes or about his personal life. Then he started posting about Sumner Redstone, this was while he was still alive and kicking, a few days later he posted a bunch of long apology tweets, apologizing to Schneider, Redstone, and a bunch of other pedophiles and enablers, then he posted tweets saying all of his accusations were wrong and mistaken and none of it is true, then he deleted his account, very interesting.

welcome back

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Ace of Baes posted:

John Doe was heavy on CDaN and he deleted his Twitter around the same time HIMMMM died.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Fiend posted:

John Doe was heavy on CDaN and he deleted his Twitter around the same time HIMMMM died.

The dude from X deleted his Twitter when the drummer from INXS died?
Was it 50 ft ant that wrote about Dick Cheney’s hydrogen peroxide-filled spit bottle? He was more believable. And entertaining.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Remulak posted:

Was it 50 ft ant that wrote about Dick Cheney’s hydrogen peroxide-filled spit bottle? He was more believable. And entertaining.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2006/4/11/201507/-

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

gh0stpinballa posted:

The idea that "Tony Tone" is stepping into our house and saying JFK and 9/11 aren't sus af is frankly bogus. Anybody posting that poo poo 655 pages into this thread is a mark or an op. The sources are triple locked, the accounting is flawless, the books are airtight. Don't even feel like you have to dignify them with a response Nut, it besmirches you.

me and my wife say it over and over again when a you read a news article and you start reading names. it’s the same 10 people every single time.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
A poster above asked how we could get away with discussing the things we do if it's indeed real. These topics are discussed all over the internet in niche places too, keep in mind. But the reason there's no crackdown is simply this: The perpetrators are not afraid. They have no reason to be afraid of us, or of being exposed by us. Why would they be? What's going to happen? They know we can't do anything, and that they're untouchably well connected individuals or entire institutions while we hold no cards. Our readers are nobodies in the public. I'd still recommend not stepping on any individual toes too hard.

Regarding how one could possibly summarize the content of this thread to outsiders....

I think a big piece of this thread's knowledge is about debunking the concept of modernity.

We all are exposed to "end of history" narratives. We are all trained to frame "modernity" as having an undue amount of influence when describing how the world works. Modern things, the stock market, the internet and technology, American culture, modern political parties, modern capitalism etc. are assumed to be the only forces that matter anymore.

All else being irrelevant, ancient history. People who study ancient history like JFK and the Cold War are just kooks too stupid to know that we're in modernity now.

The big finding here is this: That other, much older factors in society still have an impact. The concepts that we study in this thread are as old as time--- secrecy in government. Deception of one's subjects to abuse them, or turn them into a class of clueless intermediaries. Abuse by rulers of the upper hand they hold, to cheat so that they never have to endure a fair fight. (See: How GHWB conducted the US side of the gulf war in that McVeigh book---the war and media tactics of an evil genius).

Modernity didn't change or replace those things. Rather, everything modernity brings is held back by older things. Worse, every promise of modernity is corrupted by older things.

Relatively old concepts still run modern society. "Aristocracy". "Organized crime systems". "Secrecy and underhandedness in government". "Smooth-talking sociopaths doing their best to control the clueless via narratives".

There is still an aristocracy, and they still are above the law. Modernity didn't magically make that go away. Modern democracy is a shell that's put on to the aristocracy to placate the populace into believing in it, but competing organizations (the CIA) were created to study how to perfectly subvert said democracy and electioneer it away to hand it right back to the aristocrats. That's one of its main purposes. Modern democracy changed little about aristocracy, just entrenched it further by wrapping it in more layers. Spreading "democracy" through the world really spreads that layered system, essentially conquering more territory.

Spying is as old as time, crime techniques are too, and each have only advanced as an industry/craft and thus grown in importance and impact. Everyone knows to some degree that we still have intelligence groups with unmonitorable extra-legal activities. But the modern intelligence apparatus is underestimated in size by everyone for some reason. Even as they understand that anything that works secretly is bigger than it looks. Not even the spies in it know how big it all is due to compartmentalized knowledge, diffuse networks, detached front companies, detached cells, etc. plus many times that many unwitting informants who don't know what they're a part of.

What we've found from evidence posted here that it's grown so big that most of corporate America is wrapped up in it somehow, as if just a part of the larger system. Modern corporate America is considered the world's biggest threat even to most leftists, and to be sure includes a lot of overlap, but it misses the point of what's going on. Modernity is nothing next to the old forces of parasitic rulers with sociopathic habits dominating the "legitimate" institutions of society. Hiding their deviance and violence using deceptive tactics, often employing unwitting marks to help. The most important change is just those historic tactics improved, they became an entire hidden academic field with huge amounts of funding to explore how better to control people and groups. They became scalable to much greater complexity to keep up with globalization. As a result the aristocracy's spy industry remains a force that has greater impact than anything else.

But people are generally duped by the narrative of modernity, which does not include that possibility that the ruthless, cunning, criminal ways of Kings and Aristocrats and such have persisted into the present day. That they still do, and have always done, all the gross poo poo possible to their subjects just because they can. That comes with ruling. The world is parasitized in this way, and this arrangement is much older than modern life.

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Apr 3, 2021

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Marzzle posted:

stalman is such a loving creep
the fsf board re-instated him to the fsf or something lmao

Tony Tone
Jun 14, 2020

by vyelkin

nut posted:

"terminally schizophrenic"
What I meant by this is that its the prevailing response to such conspiracies even by most "intellectuals" or generally just politically aware people. The second you mention 9/11 not being what it actually was is the second you lose any and all credibility in any public discourse setting or even among friends. The conspiracy has been entirely memeified, chucked into the "world is flat" and "reptilians" pile with the rest of the white noise.

nut posted:

on a less poetic note, lol to think it's cringe to doubt the fbi
Most people probably distrust the FBI to some degree I can imagine, but they ultimately view it as just another necessary wing of government that might have had, or still has, a few "bad apples" in it, and some of those bad apples might have even been directors. "But they couldn't have possibly orchestrated 9/11, I mean come on!" etc.
It's the same exact story with the police. Most people in the US I imagine are varying degrees of suspicious, fearful or even angry at them, but the majority still thinks they're a fundamental necessity to a functioning society.

My ultimate point and question was how do you boil down all of this information into digestible, easily accessible fact-checked bite-sizes for the average Joe?

Because in my mind, if the information is obscured and designed in a way that demands huge investments of time, research, initial willingness and commitment and spread across 655 pages on this dead comedy forum - it might as well just be useless macabre entertainment, something you read while having lunch as you feed your morbid curiosity. Like whats the point?

Was about to hit post before refreshing the page and seeing this.

Thank you for this, but this is pure distilled doomer juice to me even though I agree with everything you described. I understand the old powers that be have never went away, and have only gotten better, bigger and more sophisticated at hiding their skeletons. But I still believe we can fight against that simply by raising awareness of it. Even though social media is a lost cause controlled by said power, I still think the internet itself on the other hand is a huge tool that can be used in our favor (and against us, obviously) at dismantling or at least chipping away at their power enough so as to cause real damage. Part of that is making big convoluted information digestible enough to gain traction. Making info-depository websites hosted from 7 proxies or whatever the gently caress and spreading it around via fliers, sticky notes, graffitiing the web address on busy streets, train stations, airports, etc. I dont know.

There has to be a way.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Tony Tone posted:

It's the same exact story with the police. Most people in the US I imagine are varying degrees of suspicious, fearful or even angry at them, but the majority still thinks they're a fundamental necessity to a functioning society.

My ultimate point and question was how do you boil down all of this information into digestible, easily accessible fact-checked bite-sizes for the average Joe?

And my ultimate point is that both of these things above in the quote of your post require isolationist thinking, where you break the world into small and, more importantly, separate chunks to easily digest. We already are a citizenry that follow simple, unchallenged heuristics we are told to understand and interpret the world. These sometimes huge assumptions (for example, that cops in America do more good than bad overall) begin melting away the second we decide to be critical and talk beyond soundbites. What do we assume cops spend most of their time doing? Is it what they do on the movies or is it overwhelmingly patrolling and doling out low level offences in poor neighbourhoods or unequally enforcing parking and speeding violations to fund their own office for the next year? What kinds of crimes do cops care about and what kinds of crimes do they not care about?

I completely understand your struggle in wanting a way to challenge loved ones to be open to interpretations of the world counter to the ones they already hold but, imo, to do so by just cut up and marketable facts is as flimsy reasoning as many of the beliefs we already hold and they would be right to question it. The real struggle is to open others and yourself into thinking critically or at least not accepting the isolation that major events, forces, and institutions can be chipped out of history with no impact on the rest of us.

also

Inverted Icon posted:

welcome back

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

nut posted:

I completely understand your struggle in wanting a way to challenge loved ones to be open to interpretations of the world counter to the ones they already hold but, imo, to do so by just cut up and marketable facts is as flimsy reasoning as many of the beliefs we already hold and they would be right to question it. The real struggle is to open others and yourself into thinking critically or at least not accepting the isolation that major events, forces, and institutions can be chipped out of history with no impact on the rest of us.

:emptyquote:

Welcome back Ace of Baes.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Remulak posted:

nothing 50FA wrote about USAFE in the 80s happened, but every single word of it was true

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

the fsf board re-instated him to the fsf or something lmao

I think RedHat left because of him being reinstated, lol.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i think this thread is a collection of useful factoids to break people out of docility. the problem with trying to explain it or its subject matter as a coherent thing is that it ... isn't.

while trying to provide a comprehensive explanation for assorted excesses and crimes of the ruling class by connecting all the dots to draw like a connectome of individuals is perhaps effective in evoking a diffuse sense of dread, it doesn't actually explain anything. why do these people all know each other, and why are they powerful? why are they all pedos and not, like, dogfuckers? liberalism has no explanation beyond asserting they do and they are, which isn't useful to anyone, but has been instilled in everyone. to properly explain, we need to step out of seeing the world as relations between individuals with arbitrary whims and wills, and into something like dialectical materialism, seeing the individuals and their ideas and preferences as products of material conditions.

then people stop listening anyway because you're a dangerous communist rather than a dangerous schizophrenic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the Epstein story is like taking a Fourier transform of a chaotic signal. our typical view of power is the superposition of an unlimited number of separate influences/frequencies being summed together and resulting in a meaningless final signal. you may not know much about the overall signal we're observing, but here we can pull out a small slice of a particular frequency and analyze it specifically, which can be pretty interesting.

I mean, if the media was to be believed in 2016, Clinton and Trump were arch nemesis, it's sort of funny how many of their mutual friends show up in these hallowed pages :v:

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Apr 3, 2021