Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:omarcomin:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Lol this guy is actuality crazy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

as opposed to you?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
De
ed

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I vaguely remember you or someone else mentioning that somehow everyone in this family that's the current subject of the comic is also Jesus

as such, lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:hmmyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:golfclap:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Lol this guy is actuality crazy

By the standards of 1800’s psychiatric medicine? Yeah probably

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Lol this guy is actuality lazy

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

at first I thought the puff of smoke in the last panel was motion lines from the dude moonwalking away, which I think is funnier personally

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Skwirl posted:

as opposed to you?

I wish I had not made a typo, but here I am, owned.

Those comics are bonkers though there's nothing else really like them in print I don't think?

Harvey Mantaco has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Apr 2, 2021

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNW-GZoMMh4

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

I wish I had not made a typo, but here I am, owned.

Those comics are bonkers though there's nothing else really like them in print I don't think?

Some of the finest absurdism ever produced.

There's presumably plenty of wacky poo poo out there, it's the medium of newspaper comic that brings it all together.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:hmmyes:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Peter Gallagher is an art professor so he spent years studying art just to perfect shitposting in a newspaper comic strip.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
Every Heathcliff cartoon would fit the caption "You love to see it" imo

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Also I just don't understand vets

Oh nuts Reginald you also forgot the mischievous twinkle in his eye

The only settings on the dial are SCREAMS and AGONY. What if I just want medium?

It's all leading up to the thrilling series finale! BE THERE!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

rodbeard posted:

Peter Gallagher is an art professor so he spent years studying art just to perfect shitposting in a newspaper comic strip.

I spent years studying art, too, but it doesn't make me any good at art. I am decent at shitposting, though.

I know a lot of people in here like his output, but I just think it's the hackiest laziest form of comedy. His appraoch seems to be "What's the zaniest and most nonsensical thing I can have these characters do within this established world?" It's the boomer equivalent of "lol random monkeycheese!!"

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

I can appreciate a creator just doing whatever he wants. Cast off the chains of Big Newspaper Comics

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

feedmyleg posted:

I spent years studying art, too, but it doesn't make me any good at art.

Sounds like your jealous bro.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

I spent years studying art, too, but it doesn't make me any good at art. I am decent at shitposting, though.

I know a lot of people in here like his output, but I just think it's the hackiest laziest form of comedy. His appraoch seems to be "What's the zaniest and most nonsensical thing I can have these characters do within this established world?" It's the boomer equivalent of "lol random monkeycheese!!"

Brutal takedown of the one panel newspaper comic Heathcliff.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im reminded of the occasional art person you meet that absolutely hates bob ross and Cares About It a lot

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Definitely if I had to choose between an occasional chuckle at goofy randomness in a legacy comic or a completely standard bland as hell legacy comic, I'm going for the latter

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Definitely if I had to choose between an occasional chuckle at goofy randomness in a legacy comic or a completely standard bland as hell legacy comic, I'm going for the latter

Ah you like "new Nancy" :mmmhmm:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

You just also described Dali.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Bob Ross rules don't lump me in with those jerks. But if you really want to see me spit some fire just get me talking about that confounded mutt Marmaduke :argh:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Jeeze I bet you hate Scooby-Doo too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:wtf: Scooby-Doo is the best that's slander. He solves mysteries and eats very big sandwiches!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look I'm gonna keep it real with you all. I started reading this thread around the time the Mpreg storyline was happening and have never read any of the Abbeycourt stuff prior to the ones posted in that time but this poo poo is riveting

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmfao "they're attached by strong, super-conductive cables!"

I love abbeycourt's writing so much

e: hold on. We've got a dracula, actually technically two draculas, and now Mr. Humbleston is possibly going to turn into a mummy. Are we building up to a Monster Mash punchline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

Look I'm gonna keep it real with you all. I started reading this thread around the time the Mpreg storyline was happening and have never read any of the Abbeycourt stuff prior to the ones posted in that time but this poo poo is riveting

I never knew Jane Austen as written by a parody two-dudes-on-a-couch gamer webcomic author would be my jam, but it is

It so is