Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

His cartoons are actually great.

He makes Ted Rall look like a good artist by comparison. His cartoons are pure rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pleasant Friend posted:

He makes Ted Rall look like a good artist by comparison. His cartoons are pure rear end.

You know how when we criticise Garrison we point out actual aspects of the work we don't like? Try doing that.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Keep your votes away from hungry bears and woodland creatures. A public service cartoon.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
If we let bears and woodland creatures vote, we'll get bear politicians! Do you want that? They'll be vicious, lacking ethics, and cares only of their own skin!

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Somfin posted:

You know how when we criticise Garrison we point out actual aspects of the work we don't like? Try doing that.

His art is lazy, amateurish and literally unpleasant to look at. I would much rather see a hundred more puking scat filled British cartoons about the cliffs of Dover than see one more of his terribly drawn cartoons. I don't care if he has the right opinions, he's poo poo at making comics.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Somfin posted:

My least favorite aspect of Ted Rall's work is Ted Rall.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thank you I was having trouble trying to figure out a name.

And yes it does own.

I was calling it Coronagator myself but Covidile is probably better.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Oh poo poo, that is Lester. I need to pay more attention!

e:

Miguel is making giggle like a fool.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Raised By Birds posted:

Garrison

Branco

Kellies Nomination : Worst Overall

Delusional Assholes both of them

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
We're going to be having 4 years of Tad Rell "If Biden is doing things then why do I keep insisting that he isn't!?" comics, aren't we? Agree with him or not saying Biden has done nothing these first few months is a pretty laughable accusation.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

We're going to be having 4 years of Tad Rell "If Biden is doing things then why do I keep insisting that he isn't!?" comics, aren't we? Agree with him or not saying Biden has done nothing these first few months is a pretty laughable accusation.

Ted Rall would be making the same cartoons against FDR and Lincoln.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

At the risk of causing a large number of goons to clutch their pearls and gnash their teeth...

... Rall needs a good ol' from-the-waist gum clearing slap. Or three.

The world and maybe even his lovely comic would be much improved.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Procrastine posted:

What's with the weird white stuff on either side of the fist that looks like someone edited the image?

The unedited version:

It's a reference to the time when the PM of the not in any way institutionally racist UK referred to black people as "piccaninnies with watermelon smiles".

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I like it when these vile bigots also toss in a "oh also Jesus is Risen!" to complete the picture; Gary Varvel's always doing this

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

All Centurions Are Bastards

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

BTW there's sooooooooooooo much material with this Matt Gaetz stuff that our conservative cartoonists are never, ever gonna touch because Red Team Good; imagine the Garrison cartoon if the guy were a Dem.

Matt Gaetz: hey check it out, guys, I visited a high school and got a ton of girls' phone numbers
Mike Lester: um, uhhhh, BOOGA BOOGA SAN DIEGO TEACHERS UNION!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

BTW there's sooooooooooooo much material with this Matt Gaetz stuff that our conservative cartoonists are never, ever gonna touch because Red Team Good; imagine the Garrison cartoon if the guy were a Dem.

Matt Gaetz: hey check it out, guys, I visited a high school and got a ton of girls' phone numbers
Mike Lester: um, uhhhh, BOOGA BOOGA SAN DIEGO TEACHERS UNION!

Nah it’s gonna go like this:

Panel 1: Matt Gates flirting with a girl in a school near the bathrooms who clearly is returning the action. Crazy liberal pointing at them saying “This is utterly disgusting and needs to be investigated as a crime!”

Panel 2: Liberal opens the girl’s bathroom door for a gigantic, hairy bodied balding ape-man wearing a skirt with pigtails. Crazy liberal saying “Here you go, Miss! Let me get the door for you!”

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

So we’re running with the idea that in some hypothetical alternate universe the reigning power structure would treat Jesus as a common criminal. Man, that’s such a wild flight of fancy, how did he come up with it?

https://twitter.com/slacktivistfred/status/1377989174171742213?s=21

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

"Bob the Angry Flower does an Attack On Titan reference" is not the kind of thing I had expected to see.

But then, seeing any kind of Attack On Titan thing in the Political Cartoons thread feels weird, because most of it is made by a bunch of white boomers.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Bad Reporter - Don Asmussen

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Clay Jones

Kevin Kallaugher

Steve Kelley

Mallard Fillmore - Loren Fishman

Prickly City - Scott Stantis and Eric Allie

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Jeff Stahler

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Prickly City - Scott Stantis and Eric Allie

I must just not understand how the national debt works, because my understanding is it is money the government borrowed so it owes it to the people it borrowed it from, which is mostly Americans (and mostly the wealthy). Which would make it basically a wealth redistribution scam where the wealthy give the government loans which the government then uses taxes from the poor to pay them back with interest at regular intervals. If the government defaulted on the debt, it would be bad for the poor, but it would be much worse for the wealthy.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Indiana_Krom posted:

I must just not understand how the national debt works, because my understanding is it is money the government borrowed so it owes it to the people it borrowed it from, which is mostly Americans (and mostly the wealthy). Which would make it basically a wealth redistribution scam where the wealthy give the government loans which the government then uses taxes from the poor to pay them back with interest at regular intervals. If the government defaulted on the debt, it would be bad for the poor, but it would be much worse for the wealthy.

One of the other big things to understand is that the US both is capable of making more money at any time (thus controlling the rate of inflation), and borrows money at incredibly low rates. There's almost always something that we can spend money on in the US that will bring greater returns on investment than the interest rate we pay on the borrowed money (infrastructure, the IRS, education, health care, etc.), and so it makes sense to borrow money and fund programs as much as we can to maximize our return on investment.

Of course, it also makes sense to cut back majorly on our massively bloated military spending, but...

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Michael Ramirez

You have to be a pretty fragile snowflake to get offended over a pair of shoes.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

No, you don't understand: Ramirez is not mad. He doesn't care about Lil Nas' shoes so much that he drew a cartoon to show how little he cares and not-mad he is.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

MechaCrash posted:

"Bob the Angry Flower does an Attack On Titan reference" is not the kind of thing I had expected to see.

But then, seeing any kind of Attack On Titan thing in the Political Cartoons thread feels weird, because most of it is made by a bunch of white boomers.

BtAF is a webcomic, and therefore made by a colossal nerd, exactly the sort of person I would expect to reference an anime series.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Could go for a pair of SATAN SHOES right about now

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Alhazred posted:

You have to be a pretty fragile snowflake to get offended over a pair of shoes.
People like Ramirez have been telling him his entire life he's going to hell for being gay, this is the loving point. Now Ramirez is pretending this is going to get him kicked out of heaven. You already said he wasn't going! That's why he did it in the first place!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Michael Ramirez

Is this that cancel culture I've been hearing so much about lately?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Boy, if only we had a big road or canal or something for this big vehicle we need to move!

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Things that my wife and I owe that are more than $85,000:
Student loans
Mortgage

Like that's, what, a Mercedes-Benz with all the features, at .5% APR? Ooooh scary.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Why is Mike Pence pretending he's president

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is this that cancel culture I've been hearing so much about lately?
No only libs do that, this is something else.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Indiana_Krom posted:

Yes, debt is mostly raised via bonds and bonds are mostly held by American interests. Interests here includes not only corporations and individuals, but retirement and pension funds. They mature over 30 years and are at insanely low rates at the moment, which means despite rising debt its actually not too hard to service that debt. The government does have to roll over that debt (buy new bonds to pay old bonds) since we're not paying it down.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

No, you don't understand: Ramirez is not mad. He doesn't care about Lil Nas' shoes so much that he drew a cartoon to show how little he cares and not-mad he is.

I don't understand the Lil Nas X controversy at all. He did a music video where he twerked on Satan. But rock musicians have been hailing Satan for years, I thought we as a society had stopped caring about that decades ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swmTBVI83k

Is it because it's gay? It's because it's gay isn't it, this is less a religious thing and more a homophobic thing.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I don't understand the Lil Nas X controversy at all. He did a music video where he twerked on Satan. But rock musicians have been hailing Satan for years, I thought we as a society had stopped caring about that decades ago.

Is it because it's gay? It's because it's gay isn't it, this is less a religious thing and more a homophobic thing.

Mostly homophobia but with enough satanic panic to rile up that crowd too.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The far right seems determined to refight every single battle of the 80's culture war again. I guess it was only a matter of time before another Satanic Panic flared up. In a few years they will be arresting a bunch of innocent kindergarten teachers.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

To the extent that the outrage is real and not performative culture wars bait, yeah....it's probably in large part because he has the audacity to be out and proud. Few things trigger thin skinned Christians more than LGBTQ existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Rename something popular after something unpopular" doesn't seem like the best advice.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Boy, if only we had a big road or canal or something for this big vehicle we need to move!
:lol:

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 2, 2021