Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Should have never awarded it to Atlanta to begin with because of the stadium bullshit.

(That's every team, of course.)

If Canada will take it, move the ASG game there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Should have never awarded it to Atlanta to begin with because of the stadium bullshit.

(That's every team, of course.)

If Canada will take it, move the ASG game there.
Move it to Montreal!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Good poo poo. I literally could not care less where they end up playing it, I'm just glad they took a stand against the hosed up poo poo my state is doing.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Canada shouldn’t get it until they no longer have an inherited head of state

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Move it to Denver, I want to see a Coor's Field HRD.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
As expected, fascistsconservatives are big mad about MLB pulling the ASG and Draft out of ATL. It's like a cake shop owner refusing to serve LGBT+ couples because he doesn't want to alienate a large portion of his customers from the local Baptist church. God I love when the right's own tactics get used against them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So is HOTLANTA MAN threadbanned or are they just sending me salty PM's over my glee that Georgia is suffering consequences for their lovely voting laws instead of replying to me itt for some other mysterious reason?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

For the reasons of not wanting that poo poo in my neighborhood, I have to disagree. Any other year I'd be down. I mean, not last year either, but you get me.

It's bad enough now. Wife said she saw literally dozens of unmasked yahoos going past the apartment. I am not amused, gently caress you Rickettses.

I don't believe you live in wrigleyville if you think the ASG will bring more bozos to the neighborhood than TBOX or some other dumb event that happens every year.

(I used to work at the Binny's on Clark and HATED all those events that brought more drunk idiots to the area)

Slimy Hog fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 2, 2021

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Sydin posted:

So is HOTLANTA MAN threadbanned or are they just sending me salty PM's over my glee that Georgia is suffering consequences for their lovely voting laws instead of replying to me itt for some other mysterious reason?

https://twitter.com/HOTLANTA_MAN/status/1378063556671856648?s=20

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Georgia's fine it's the lege that's the problem here

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:allears:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Slimy Hog posted:

I don't believe you live in wrigleyville if you think the ASG will bring more bozos to the neighborhood than TBOX or some other dumb event that happens every year.

(I used to work at the Binny's on Clark and HATED all those events that brought drunk idiots to the area)

I don't. I live a mile away on the west edge of Lakeview and it's nothing but out-of-town Cubs fans traipsing by for 12 hours every home game.

Edit: AND taking up all our street parking even though there are signs everywhere "don't park here without a resident sticker you'll get towed or ticketed" and then they come back to find out they've been towed or ticketed

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 2, 2021

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

"gently caress all Georgians, that's why we're in happy that the MLB is protesting laws that have horrible effects on it's citizens!"

I can't believe how awful goons are!!!! My children are crying after I showed them this post!!!!

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

https://twitter.com/hotlanta_man/status/1378073022758785028?s=21Oh

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Give the ASG to a AAA team.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
drat I didn't get any PMs

maybe if I say the chop is racist as gently caress and Chipper is a stupid name for an adult man

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

maybe if I say the chop is racist as gently caress and Chipper is a stupid name for an adult man

Chipper may be a bad name for a random person, but it's a great baseball name

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1378073842774593536

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

play it in camden yards cowards

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

To be fair, so is Larry.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Funny that HOTLANTA MAN is pulling follower counts as if I, a person who is not a walking hot take, do not have more followers than he.

What a dumb and goony thing to say.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

get owned cobb county assholes

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

This poo poo has my Braves fans folks from back home crying blood. Expect burning MLB merchandise on socials any minute now.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Crazy Ted posted:

Move it to Montreal!

Second.

Actually they just hold the All-Star Game at neutral sites a ton. Minor league stadiums, foreign stadiums, random non-baseball stadiums kind of like the NHL does for the Stadium Series/Winter Classic, etc.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Good on MLB for moving the ASG. I hope it helps in the push to get the voting discrimination reversed.

And not surprised the entire Nats-Mets series is postponed. I really wish they could just force all those broscience morons to get the vaccine.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sydin posted:

he probably just knows that the moment he starts posting here he'll say something dumb enough to get probated or banned over again

also:

soggybagel posted:

Move it to Minnesota and honor Kent Hrbek.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

ahahahahaaaaa this actually worked holy poo poo

imagine being that thin-skinned over your extremely racist baseball team

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
https://twitter.com/billshaikin/status/1378073617720700928?s=21

Speaking of extremely racist baseball teams, this never even crossed my mind.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Isn’t that PA release by the Braves gonna piss off the players?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Julio Cruz posted:

ahahahahaaaaa this actually worked holy poo poo

imagine being that thin-skinned over your extremely racist baseball team

LOL, he's gonna end up getting banned for going apeshit on people in the PMs... all to defend the honor of the Chop.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Just rebrand the loving team already, for the love of God.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The fallout from this is funny and could actually be good all around!!

https://twitter.com/RepJeffDuncan/status/1378074529076015106?s=20

This would be fun.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

LOL, he's gonna end up getting banned for going apeshit on people in the PMs... all to defend the honor of the Chop.

I mean he might be going apeshit, I haven't read it (because why would I)

it's just extremely funny that he sent it

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

This would be fun.
This would be unironically fantastic.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

soggybagel posted:

This would be fun.

Please don't stop I'm almost there.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

gently caress Georgia and gently caress the Braves.

ASG at Coors? People could just chill out in Denver and poo poo.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Even setting aside that he's a member of the fascist party and so has no power to get anything even out of committee, let alone put up to a vote, it's pretty amazing how easily his supporters can turn their brains off to cheerlead his performance theater.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The BoycottMLB hashtag right now is an absolutely amazing display of bad takes. This one is my favorite.

https://twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/status/1378072548387270656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

saintonan posted:

Even setting aside that he's a member of the fascist party and so has no power to get anything even out of committee, let alone put up to a vote, it's pretty amazing how easily his supporters can turn their brains off to cheerlead his performance theater.
On the other hand, no sports league in the modern United States should have anything approaching a blanket anti-trust exemption. If it somehow gets revoked in a moronic fit of pique that inexplicably ends up with bipartisan support, well I don't give a poo poo!