Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ahahahaha Raiden with the mouth wielding katana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH GOD THE CORRIDOR I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING :cry:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lario?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this is what happens when Peach puts on the waifu crown

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

It's-a me, your nightmares come to life!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Old man fight rules

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
In retrospect, MGS4 was great but I really should have played the original games first. With the old man fight especially, and most of the last act (or whatever act you revisit outer heaven from mgs1) and basically the entire game, there are so many references to the previous games.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SNAKE EATER CALLBACK loving OWWNS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD SNAKE :ocelot:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

old man fight is great, it’s one of the few good final? honestly can’t remember bosses

it’s also good in John Wick

Rarity posted:

OH GOD THE CORRIDOR I'M NOT CRYING YOU'RE CRYING :cry:

my favorite part is when Miles Morales did the same bit

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Walla posted:

So I tried Metal Gear Solid 3D on the 3DS again, and is it normal for aim and fire to be on the triggers? Because that seems useful. Except the 3DS version with Circle Pad Pro enabled places those actions on L2/R2 which are loving interior buttons! Who the gently caress designed this?

Have you tried looking at the options before posting? I don't remember that being the case... but I can't find my MGS3 cartridge :/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Johnny and Meryl are getting married and living happily ever after and I'm totally stanning it :3:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD SNAKE :ocelot:

imho, ocelot was canonically never Liquid. there was no self-hypnosis, it wasn't nanomachines, Ocelot was just that committed to his eternal, undying mission: messing with solid

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
"Where's Snake?"
"Who knows? That guy always keeps you waiting"

:five:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
It appears Yakisoba Pan was also immensely popular at Shujin Academy

https://twitter.com/flowerrhythmrmx/status/1378060978106085380?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh poo poo Rose and Roy were faking and she still loves Jack and they've got a little boy and awwwwwww :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp, guess we're never getting a Metal Gear Solid 6 :rip:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Simone Magus posted:

AI The Somnium Files:

:allears:

Even if I’m wrong, that just means I’ll be surprised - and I can’t wait to see how :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
RAT PT 01 PATR10T :vince:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
BIG BOSS IS ALIVE WHAT

e: FUCKIN COMBAT HUG :hellyeah:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zaphod42 posted:

Have you tried looking at the options before posting? I don't remember that being the case... but I can't find my MGS3 cartridge :/

I actually did this time, but it was 1:00 AM so I might have overlooked something. It doesn't matter. I'll just play it on the Vita next week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Big Boss sucks

Yeah I said it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Big Boss sucks

Yeah jesus christ dude just die I turned this game on two hours ago and in that time I've walked down a corridor and had one fistfight

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok credits are rolling, that's got to be it now. This game is kinda weird for me to judge cause I think as a game it doesn't really hold up that well? The stealth sections aren't particularly well realised and barely last before you're into the next cutscene or set piece and the mechanics feel like a step back from previous games. The gameplay to cutscene ratio feels like somewhere in the 30/70 range which even by MGS standards is really bad. All of that said as a story this loving ruled. The characters were well realised, the emotional arcs had weight, all the big moments landed and while I'm sure the plot falls apart if you look at it on a wider series level everything worked in the moment and the amount of homage paid back to previous games was amazing. I was a teenager when I played MGS2, a game which I was so hyped for and which I completed a bunch and was so amped up to find out what happened next. I've been waiting almost 20 years to play this game and it had so much to live up to and it's impressive just how much it managed to deliver.

I will now be moving on to my next game, the beloved cult classic Okami!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Will you be live posting through that? There's a lot less "Wow!" story revelations than MGS 4 but it's a beautiful game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looking forward to seeing your post-Okami game, in November

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wamdoodle posted:

Will you be live posting through that? There's a lot less "Wow!" story revelations than MGS 4 but it's a beautiful game.

I doubt I'll be posting as often (so that one dude can chill tf out) but I always livepost through my video games :hai:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Okami is really good

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hwurmp posted:

sometimes a title simply cannot be reduced, i.e. Rampaging Fuckers of Everything on the Crazy making GBS threads Planet of the Vomit Atmosphere

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa,

Rarity posted:

Oh poo poo Rose and Roy were faking and she still loves Jack and they've got a little boy and awwwwwww :3:

That entire thing is one of the worst, most hosed up things in the game when you actually stop to think about it. Much as I like Rising, Raiden being in MGS4 just was doomed to be hosed up.

Sometime after MGS2 Raiden starts having PTSD flash backs and becomes violent with Rose, which is sad but something that ultimately does make sense. He then at some point gets contacted by EVA to go rescue Sunny.

While he's off doing that Campbell and Rose decide "ok we're going to tell Raiden his son is dead, and then that we're going to pretend to get married". I guess if Raiden were to completely break down at losing everything when he was at the lowest point in his life since he was in Libya that would be considered... Acceptable losses???

Even then, if the Patriots information network knows EVERYTHING how would they not know Raiden's son was actually alive? Why would Rose be safer with Campbell anyways? She'd still be a good hostage for the Patriots along the lines of Sunny if Raiden still cared about her. The real reason is because Kojima wanted a Cyborg Ninja for MGS 4 and Raiden was going to be it and if he was in a stable relationship and stuff it'd take away from that.

In story if Raiden at least knew his son was alive, what would that even change? What an incredibly pointless, cruel thing to do.

Not to mention if Raiden really wanted to just live a normal, stable life after MGS2 and then it completely fell apart... Why wouldn't that happen again? Especially since Raiden is kind-of forced to be in this relationship whether he'd want to be or not because he DOES care about his son, not to mention he's literally a war machine now.

Rising at least partially makes this better but it does so by Raiden basically accepting that he's a killer and try to aim it at being something good, which is okay but just so much sadder than the idea of him being able to overcome his trauma and start to heal, if slowly.

It's just super hosed up. Man... :sigh:

There's a lot I don't like about MGS4 but if most of the game is either disappointing or dumb, what happens with Raiden is just kinda sad.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 2, 2021

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

haveblue posted:

Looking forward to seeing your post-Okami game, in November

eh it's not that long. depending how much time they have to play, okami can be finished by september easy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
they should have put the emotion ammo in phantom pain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Okami should get remade with bayonetta combat and a much faster 1st half

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

I doubt I'll be posting as often (so that one dude can chill tf out) but I always livepost through my video games :hai:

gently caress that dude, :justpost:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Oh it's not that, it's just I'm expecting Okami to not have as much to react to

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was kind of disappointed with Okami and quit halfway through but I was playing the Wii edition so maybe the other versions are better

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I still have no idea why people are making such a big deal out of this, I just said I didn't like it!

That said, if people are going to bitch at me for misgendering someone I didn't know the gender of, I'm also not a dude.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 2, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

I was kind of disappointed with Okami and quit halfway through but I was playing the Wii edition so maybe the other versions are better

That's the one I'm playing :ohdear:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Okami is fine but even playing the remaster I fell off after maybe two dungeons. I don't really see what the fuss is about. It's pretty enough but a slog to play and the combat and brush mechanics are bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah the combat had me really scratching my head its like all set up to be a character action stylish game but theres not actually any depth or fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The wii version is better in some ways (I can't imagine playing with the brush on an analog stick instead of the direct pointer) and worse in some others (combat moves mapped to jerking the nunchuck around) so it's probably a wash

I *think* I finished it but I can't actually be sure because it's just so goddamn long and I don't remember anything about the ending