Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Julio Cruz posted:

this was basically my experience playing DoL before the rotation, there were just so many spells that were do-nothings that I ended up cutting it

seems like now the spell pool has shrunk it's a lot more consistently good? I'll have to try it out again

e: wait they changed it? when did that happen? it used to be spells of the same cost and then they were 3 cheaper

Yeah, Deck of Lunacy would sometimes give you a ton of minion buff spells that were totally useless. It happened just often enough to feel really bad when it came up. Someone with more time and energy than me can compare the card pools for it since this expansion/reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Also, just so it doesn't seem like I'm always being negative...

I'm not a fan of golden cards. I usually just DE them as soon as I pull them unless it's an Epic I don't have yet. But the Diamond cards are cool as poo poo. They should have had those from the start.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I feel the opposite. I love goldens and I think it's interesting diamond cards are so gaudy and ostentatious that they don't actually end up making golden cards feel devalued (which is probably intentional given that goldens are still the most expensive cards in the game).

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

quote:

Fixed a bug where Kurtrus Ashfallen would only attack one time if the opponent only had one minion.

That was a bug? Cool, Kurtis is gonna be a lot better now.

e: also yeah, please nerf DoL, I just immediately check out of any game its played because nothing I do matters anymore.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 2, 2021

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Did they fix Lunacy so you can effect the costs of the changed spells with other spells? It used to do weird things where they just stayed at whatever cost they were when you played Lunacy.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

AnacondaHL posted:

Twitch Drops are enabled; watch 4 hours of a participating HS stream and get 2 Barrens packs, ends Sun 4/4

Important thing to note. When you have 'watched' 2 hours, you need to claim your pack before the timer will tick up again for the next two hours for the second pack. Otherwise you'll have banked several hours past 2 and not tracked any of it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Elysium posted:

Did they fix Lunacy so you can effect the costs of the changed spells with other spells? It used to do weird things where they just stayed at whatever cost they were when you played Lunacy.

yep now if you play DoL then Incanter's Flow everything gets discounted

just from about 5 games then it feels a lot more consistent at getting you actually good and useful spells, just had a mirror match where I only won because I got 3 or 4 Librams of Hope to keep me alive

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So can you double Lunacy now?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Cry Havoc posted:

congrats you’re mining bitcoin

also if anyone wants another friend I’m cryhavoc#1694

switched over to control warlock and having a fun time

thanks! sent you an invite...

been trying to get dh to work but right now it seems very hopeless... :smith:

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Last King posted:

thanks! sent you an invite...

been trying to get dh to work but right now it seems very hopeless... :smith:

I've seen streamers go up against a few DH decks being played in 200-300 legend today. I'm not sure what list they're playing though.

e: looks like its just midrange soul stone stuff with the new inquisitors.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 2, 2021

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I dunno man, my experience with DoL mage is: queue into paladin, have your first two lunacy spells turned into really bad yogg stuff while they snowball, get face smashed in. I find the meta right now one to be one of the worst early ones of any hearthstone expansion, I hope it improves from here but I doubt it. Half of the classes are dead, meanwhile the rest of them is outright busted.

Edit: Oh yeah also amazing: getting hey losered to death at turn 6 by face rogue with zero counterplay.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 2, 2021

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Sounds like you're not doing the pro strat of drawing both of your Incantor's Flows and Deck of Lunacy by turn 3.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Man, is there something super bugged with Infinite Arcane in Duels? That's the card that destroys your deck, but lets you discover a card every turn without drawing.

My opponent just used Infinite Arcane to discover Antonidas 4 times, and Wish (fill your board with legendary minions) 5 times. Is the discover pool just ridiculously stacked?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It’s really hilarious when you compare Deck of Lunacy at 2 mana to cards like Luna’s Pocket Galaxy at 7 and Deck of Chaos at 6

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s really hilarious when you compare Deck of Lunacy at 2 mana to cards like Luna’s Pocket Galaxy at 7 and Deck of Chaos at 6
https://twitter.com/DarrochBrown/status/1377612334911385600?s=19

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
The fact that neither pen flinger or broom have gotten nerfed yet sure is something huh guys

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Celestial Alignment should also be nerfed into the ground just in case

IDK what its winrate is but the Yogg/C'thun druid deck does stuff that shouldn't be allowed without counterplay

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Although it wasn't a Lunacy mage, 23 exact lethal on turn 10 is still :discourse:

Bonus nearly perfect counter to one of the most annoying minions in the game

If I can get this deck to Diamond, I'll be happy. But I feel like it has potential once some of the crazy bullshit gets nerfed. Hunter has an amazing amount of tools right now versus small and medium sized boards, which is all everyone seems to be playing nowadays.

### Spellkrush
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Overwhelm
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 1x (1) Wound Prey
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Bola Shot
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Pack Kodo
# 1x (3) Professor Slate
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (8) Beastmaster Leoroxx
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAR8OtrsDj84D4c4DudAD5NQDj+MDjeQDlugDnuoD3OoD2+0D5e8D4Z8El6AECJ/NA/foA+rpA/DsA6mfBKqfBOWfBLugBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
The Group Learning bucket has gotten WORSE?

You're telling me that these cards have a high win rate score when played together?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcbexx posted:

OMG OMG OMG

Arcane Luminary affects ALL cards not just cards in hand, right?

"Cards that didn't start in your deck cost (2) less, but not less than (1)."

Edit: Yes it does. YES IT DOES!

Yep, that kind of went as expected, lol.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/JEAfDvAEvxw7WGuPqcZ2E6

Wouldn't that be bad for Deck of Lunacy since the cards?

Devo posted:

Also, just so it doesn't seem like I'm always being negative...

I'm not a fan of golden cards. I usually just DE them as soon as I pull them unless it's an Epic I don't have yet. But the Diamond cards are cool as poo poo. They should have had those from the start.

I like some goldens, some have good animations.

I'm also fond of golden thalnos and wild pyromancer since those were my first golden legendary/golden ever

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 2, 2021

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Delete Pen Flinger, nerf Celestial Alignment, Deck of Lunacy, and the Watch Posts.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I made this and sometimes it's hilarious and great and sometimes it fails miserably, questions, comments, suggestions, etc would be much appreciated.

### Polkelt Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 1x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAaKrBAL21gPK4QMOk7oDm7oDr7oD6boDp8sDy80D184DtNED4t4D+98D++MDougDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 2, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just had a game where a priest filled his entire board with watch posts (soul mirror) and then couldn't do anything. It was hilarious.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
The meta in a nutshell. Mage deck with random spells, and paladin with pen flingers and 0 mana librams. :cool:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I did it. gently caress off spell mage. Most satisfying game yet.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

gandlethorpe posted:

I did it. gently caress off spell mage. Most satisfying game yet.

I need to know: what's your winrate with this deck?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

fanny packrat posted:

I need to know: what's your winrate with this deck?

I'm too lazy to track, but I'll be honest and say probably around 30-40% right now. I'm still climbing, but it'll probably be a slog to get through Diamond. I do think I've been winning a lot more as I get better at piloting it and judging what other decks can do. Also, not running out the rope trying to decide what to do...

More often, I feel like I lose because I didn't draw the right tools for the matchup. At least against fair decks, lol. There's no matchup that just feels unwinnable. I've stabilized versus aggro with Pen Flinger and the right spells, and I've held out versus big druid with big Professor Slate swings.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 2, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God help me for saying this but Neeru Fireblade might actually be sort of ok?

Haven't experimented much but I've found in the only ultra-late control matchups I've had (Warlock and Priest) the imp horde works better to close out than Infernals, but Infernals are way more useful way sooner.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well this deck feels pretty busted.

### Alignment
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Thickhide Kodo
# 2x (5) Teacher's Pet
# 2x (5) Twilight Runner
# 1x (6) Forest Warden Omu
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (7) Celestial Alignment
# 2x (7) Druid of the Plains
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 2x (8) Guardian Animals
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
# 2x (10) Survival of the Fittest
#
AAECAdfXAwSj0QOJ4AO17AO1igQN6LoDks0Dm84DutADk9ED3tED8NQDiuADpOEDvuwDwOwDiZ8E2p8EAA==
#

Couple of tips:

- Don’t just slam Celestial Alignment on 7, sometimes it benefits your opponent more than you. You really want a few cards in your hand first, in rough order of importance: :siren:Nourish:siren:, Guardian animals, Malygos, ramp, Omu, ect.
- By the way while Nourish is ridiculous after Celestial Alignment don’t be afraid to use it for draw if you need to.
- Alignment is a one-time effect and not a constant aura so any cards discovered/generated after it won’t have their costs reduced. So try to use Nature studies before it. Also the coin is near worthless after using it.
- Solar eclipse+Cenarion ward shuts down any kind of aggro.
- Druid of the Plains loses the Survival of the fittest buff after transforming so try to play around that if you can.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Is quest rogue a viable archetype in duels? I keep running into it, so some people must be having some success, but I’ve never actually lost to it with any class.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Devo posted:

Is quest rogue a viable archetype in duels? I keep running into it, so some people must be having some success, but I’ve never actually lost to it with any class.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Paladin will be gone before the end of the month. loving mark it, the secrets deck is all they have and it is garbage.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Aw man, I just had the coolest impromptu lethal setup. Played a 3/4 into Mirror Entity, which I was able to trade off with Trueaim Crescent. Piercing Shot my own 3/1 to push 5 damage face, and setup for 14 lethal damage from spells (Thalnos>Quick Shot x2>Arcane x2)

It's these big brain moments that make it so much worth it than playing an EZ mode top tier deck

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

I
More often, I feel like I lose because I didn't draw the right tools for the matchup. At least against fair decks, lol. There's no matchup that just feels unwinnable. I've stabilized versus aggro with Pen Flinger and the right spells, and I've held out versus big druid with big Professor Slate swings.

That’s how I feel about my big Hunter; watchtowers are so nuts that they can win single handedly if your opponent doesn’t have a way to deal with it and tracking gives you the equivalent of 3 extra draws on turn 1 to find them

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I just lost to a c'thun secret rogue which looked spicy as hell, need to find that list

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm surprised to see Paladin so high on that Duels winrate list. I haven't tried them since the patch but I only seem to lose to highrolling sword Paladins, just like before. I also think Rogue's winrate is mostly high in the early rounds when your deck size is 16-25 and the combo is extremely easy to pull off. Again, I haven't played the deck (I really don't care for Connections or the quest) but I've beaten it a lot more than it's beaten me, playing mostly Mage.

I tried out Warrior last night using an Enrage build I'd lost to a few times which looked like fun, and I got the passives that reduce the cost of my Battlecries by 1 and make them trigger twice. Armorsmith, Whirling Combatants, and Saurfang is like a 20 armor combo that clears most boards, and I ended up with three Sourfangs and went to 10-3, dumpstering a Captured Flag DH in the process. One weakness of the deck is that you don't really want to play most of the other Frenzy cards (the card draw pirate and Samuro are fine though) because they poison your Saurfang pool, but you usually can't avoid them in the Enrage buckets.

My final loss was to a weapon Rogue with Double Time, which is like the holy grail of DT decks. Weapon Rogue is the one I like playing but it's just so bad without amazing passives and buckets. One thing I've noticed is that all of the 1% passives and treasures are definitely no longer 1%. I've been getting them offered and playing against them much more frequently than before and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Some of them are really fun to use but they just take the highrolly nature of Duels to the extreme so that in the later rounds you can have a strong deck with good passives and just lose straight up to someone who lucked out. Like, that DT Rogue had me at 17 HP (from 40) on turn four - I had a bad draw but there was no draw or sequence of events in the world I could've done to counter what they were doing.

Elysium posted:

So I started a heroic Duel and only got offered classes I don't usually play. I picked Rogue, and the "Add a 1 cost minion to your hand every turn" hero power. I filled my deck with some pretty random poo poo, I have no synergies, and don't really know how to play rogue.

I got Recycling (1 armor every time a minion dies), because I figured, sure I'll have a bunch of 1 cost minions and need to stay alive, fine.

Then I got "Rally the Troops."

Your hero power, Connections, was buffed in the patch and everyone is currently using it with the Caverns quest, which is why Rogue currently has the highest winrate. They also take this signature treasure :

And yeah, Rally the Troops is extremely good. Generally speaking, if you get Rally, Goggles, or Orb of Revelation with a good discover class like Mage, your deck will go far. At least these are the most common treasures I'm seeing at high ranks (outside the very rare ones). The rush combo you played against is also bonkers and I've played it myself once. Man, I feel like doing an effortpost on Duels with all this new stuff but I think I need to try a few different classes first.

Elysium posted:

Man, is there something super bugged with Infinite Arcane in Duels? That's the card that destroys your deck, but lets you discover a card every turn without drawing.

My opponent just used Infinite Arcane to discover Antonidas 4 times, and Wish (fill your board with legendary minions) 5 times. Is the discover pool just ridiculously stacked?

I've played it a few times in the past and never seen it offer anything but Mage cards, so getting Wish sounds like a bug (and I've never seen any treasures offered from any other Discover). Four Antonidases is probably just variance, though.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I have played nothing but lunacy mages (except 1 shaman) for this season. I started at bronze 10 lol.

E: ran into a warlock!

Ornery and Hornery fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 3, 2021

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Lunacy is a trap Vs control warrior because all your burn gets converted into not-burn, mostly poo poo minion generation that gets rancored

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Finally beat one of those rear end in a top hat Tickatus decks that have rekt me like 5 times. Really surprised I held it together and spotted the lethal, considering I was getting tilted thinking I misplayed earlier and cost myself the game.

Bonus surviving a Soulciologist board

PS: Blizz, pls only nerf Pen Flinger for rogue and paladin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Desert Bus posted:

I made this and sometimes it's hilarious and great and sometimes it fails miserably, questions, comments, suggestions, etc would be much appreciated.

### Polkelt Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 1x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAaKrBAL21gPK4QMOk7oDm7oDr7oD6boDp8sDy80D184DtNED4t4D+98D++MDougDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#

Going to try this