Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Disco Elysium is
Wry but warm
Provocative but evocative
Uhh, sympathetic, but, athletic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Even though all the advertising for DE describes what kind of game it is, I was really hoping it would be a baseball management simulator, 0/10

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Me preparing an essay about a game I don't like:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I took down Fume Knight. One of the most tough bosses I have faced, but definitely one of the best. It was proper hairy and a random person named VitoDjota is who I summoned to help out. I wish I could give them a prize for being willing to assist.

Godspeed you Vito. o7

I was also saying that I cannot believe how dense Dark Souls 2 is compared to DS1 and Bloodborne. I feel I have explored and been through SO much game in comparison. I have beaten 29 bosses and there is at least 5 more that I am aware of. I have only been playing for 47 hours but that opening in Heidi feels like years and years ago!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Last night I took down Fume Knight. One of the most tough bosses I have faced, but definitely one of the best. It was proper hairy and a random person named VitoDjota is who I summoned to help out. I wish I could give them a prize for being willing to assist.

Godspeed you Vito. o7

I was also saying that I cannot believe how dense Dark Souls 2 is compared to DS1 and Bloodborne. I feel I have explored and been through SO much game in comparison. I have beaten 29 bosses and there is at least 5 more that I am aware of. I have only been playing for 47 hours but that opening in Heidi feels like years and years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7IRP7l-7zo
I;ve never been as salty as after I watched this type of video

Escobarbarian posted:

looks at your avatar
You've got a Utena Av so I know you got taste. I just find a lot of the Dialogue in DE to be very cringey at best. I think there's something to be said for it's dialogue reactivity compared to some lesser games that got praised for the same *Cough* Walking Dead, but It's just not good writing most of the time, It's overly Verbose in a way that reminds me of the victorians but overly Casualized in the style of some post modernists.

At the end of the day It just doesn't have anything interesting for me, It's got better writing than some games. But when other games are tackling multiple themes and concept with heart and soul, or innovating the very Genre they reside in. Seeing Disco in comparison feels weak as hell

I'll cop to not being the audience in the least though. I'm sure it's a fine game for people who fully inhabit the worldspace they've created.

The way it does skills though can get hosed, way to many to keep track of or acknowledge

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 3, 2021

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Crossposting from the speedrun thread. This video is insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL9yGz7VVrM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I started up Okami and so far this is making Twilight Princess's opening seem fast paced

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7IRP7l-7zo
I;ve never been as salty as after I watched this type of video

This is a level of skill I can never hope to attain. Holy moly. NG+7?? No rolling and no getting hit??

Goodness. Goodness.

Some of those swings they timed so perfectly because I was sure they were going to get hit (I certainly remember the hitboxes getting me!) good lord.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

At the end of the day It just doesn't have anything interesting for me, It's got better writing than some games. But when other games are tackling multiple themes and concept with heart and soul, or innovating the very Genre they reside in. Seeing Disco in comparison feels weak as hell

I'll cop to not being the audience in the least though. I'm sure it's a fine game for people who fully inhabit the worldspace they've created.

The way it does skills though can get hosed, way to many to keep track of or acknowledge

It’s April 3rd

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

bovis posted:

Crossposting from the speedrun thread. This video is insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL9yGz7VVrM

Sorry but this is cheating because the real way to play Mario is to step on every single enemy, rip and tear

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Arzaac posted:

A quick google tells me it's probably Power Shovel (psx)?

Few pages back, but yeah! This is it. A game where you use a construction machine to do silly stuff, like preparing curry. Thanks.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rarity posted:

'Post reasons a great game is bad, actually' should be a bingo square

Ahhh my favourite square

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

actually it's a bad square

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hwurmp posted:

actually it's a bad square

Howw dare you

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

A new beta update came out for Nova Drift! Excited to try out the changes :D

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Howw dare you

it's not hip to be that square

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Rarity posted:

'Post reasons a great game is bad, actually' should be a bingo square

That and "someone gets mad that a person doesn't like a game enough" are both the free space.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ChickenMedium posted:

That and "someone gets mad that a person doesn't like a game enough" are both the free space.

I'm mad you don't like my post enough :argh:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

are you sure?

There are positive things happening right now and I'm not constantly being assaulted by a barrage of my greatest fears so I've gotta be awake, or my brain got tired of the nightmares and night terrors and threw me a bone. It'll go back to the nightmares soon though I'm sure, just hopefully my brain doesn't stick with the theme of neverending loops of waking up into a dream, getting to the pc, trying to talk to people, and then waking up again.

Gaius Marius posted:

I loving hate babish so much, he's a poo poo Cook with poo poo technique who does nothing but chase clout. I hope he falls down some stairs

Why do you hate him so much, what's bad about his technique and cooking that you wish him harm

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

We had a first birthday party tonight for my wife’s nephew (and my nephew! :3: - I’m an only child, so it’s still cool to me that I got married and am now an uncle!)

His parents live in London, his family on his father's side is all here in Aus, and with COVID nobody has been able to visit. We Skyped. It was lovely.

We also catered in appropriate fashion for a first birthday party whether he was in this country or not :australia:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Is fairy bread a square?

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean, I finished it and enjoyed it well enough so I can't be too down on it but it wasn't even the best game about an amnesiac detective I played in 2020, and didn't make my top ten

Wattam?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Fairy bread should only be cut into triangles, anyone who tries to make you eat rectangular cut fairy bread is a psychopath.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I cut my fairy bread into pentagons because I'm a rebel and I can't be tamed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mode 7 posted:

Fairy bread should only be cut into triangles, anyone who tries to make you eat rectangular cut fairy bread is a psychopath.

Maybe they meant this kind of square

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

I cut my fairy bread into pentagons because I'm a rebel and I can't be tamed

I don't like it.

But I can respect it. :hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Faerie bread or fairy bread?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey what do you guys think of indie devs relying on fan labour to produce translations

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jay Rust posted:

Hey what do you guys think of indie devs relying on fan labour to produce translations

it's awesome imo

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Getting further into Somnium Files, and I’m starting to put some pieces together. :siren:Big spoilers for AI: The Somnium Files.:siren:

I finished Iris’s route. Since most of the bodies so far have been killed somewhere other than where they were found and had their left eyes removed, it seems pretty drat likely that someone’s using the prototype Psync on them, and then disposing of their bodies elsewhere. That hints at the motive: someone’s diving into people’s dreams for...some reason. That’s about all I can guess right now.

This game is really good at show-don’t-tell so far. Especially the beginning - that was a great way to catch people’s attention and keep them wondering.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Getting further into Somnium Files, and I’m starting to put some pieces together. :siren:Big spoilers for AI: The Somnium Files.:siren:

I finished Iris’s route. Since most of the bodies so far have been killed somewhere other than where they were found and had their left eyes removed, it seems pretty drat likely that someone’s using the prototype Psync on them, and then disposing of their bodies elsewhere. That hints at the motive: someone’s diving into people’s dreams for...some reason. That’s about all I can guess right now.

This game is really good at show-don’t-tell so far. Especially the beginning - that was a great way to catch people’s attention and keep them wondering.

This game is great. It was the first game I finished last year and I'm thinking of playing it again soon.

I also think The Twist is done better in this game than the Nonary series. Once you get the final end, I can't think of anything that comes out of left field and blindsides you like in those games. All the pieces are there for you to put together.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also this game is a bit hard to get through for me because you do not gently caress with eyes. :cry:

Walla posted:

This game is great. It was the first game I finished last year and I'm thinking of playing it again soon.

I also think The Twist is done better in this game than the Nonary series. Once you get the final end, I can't think of anything that comes out of left field and blindsides you like in those games. All the pieces are there for you to put together.

Dope! Zero Escape was a great series despite being really off the wall. If the writing has been refined since, I’m gonna enjoy this.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jay Rust posted:

I guess it's fair since AAA's beeing relying on fan labour for bug fixes for a while now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCQFbBn1a8k

I hope everyone's ready for the return of shaky cam

FirstAidKite posted:

I finally woke up from a dream loop I got stuck in. I kept waking up and realizing I was still dreaming only to wake up again and repeat the whole process like 5 or 6 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms4s7X8iHoU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

Also this game is a bit hard to get through for me because you do not gently caress with eyes. :cry:

I was squicked out about my own for a full day after finishing it

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Walla posted:

I loved me some Somnium, where should I start if I wanna get into zero escape?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

9 hours 9 persons 9 doors is the first one. Then virtue's last reward and then zero time dilemma. There may be a collection available of all 3 depending on your platform of choice.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I mean Zero Escape is only three games, so just go in order. ZTD is kind of janky and the ending is awful but really swings for the fences on some of the twists

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regy Rusty posted:

9 hours 9 persons 9 doors is the first one. Then virtue's last reward and then zero time dilemma. There may be a collection available of all 3 depending on your platform of choice.

I think 1 hour 1 person 1 door is the first one actually

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Walla posted:

That’s how I felt with 13 Sentinels, each reveal felt like an “ohhh” and not a “what!?”. Maybe I should give AI a shot next then, I did buy it nearly a year ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Regy Rusty posted:

oh hell yeah they're all on the Vita let's go

I also have a 3DS, is there any value to playing on two screens or was it not a very "DS" game to begin with?