Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1378258056698421254?s=20

what are the odds this guy was one of the "too much reliance on wwe guys" people 3 months ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Another all-time great followup from "Hikaru Shida is champ because she's Kenny GF" guy

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1378264170135646212

Bix is famously someone that thinks AEW is perfect and can do no wrong

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

what are the odds this guy was one of the "too much reliance on wwe guys" people 3 months ago?

Let me tell you how "these people are friends and look out for each other" is too complex of a story for the general public.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Real weird how many “Look, everyone else who watches wrestling is dumber than me, so they won’t understand this” takes there are out there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

humm. i could buy that a whole lot of factions consisting majorly of underdeveloped or new wrestlers is not ideal for american audiences and that it could partly explain the very average viewership in spite of a string of fantastic shows. but i don't think other people are smart enough to come up with that like me so that guy probably got really lucky to reach that conclusion through believing some crazy poo poo. wanting to edit this to say that i'm fooling and don't believe that though. don't really know nothing. I like having chats on here with my fellow too sweet wrestling fans

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 3, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

yes, the Pinnacle/Inner Circle locker room brawl which ended with someone getting his head dunked in the toilet was actually, to me, not exciting because it was between factions

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i already told them my bubby D.N. Nation hates factions more than anybody

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly the whole of AEW has a huge problem that almost everyone works for the same company, and what is a company if not a really big faction?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He was one of the people melting down about the Observer Awards a month ago.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just can’t imagine living in a world where I like somebody’s personality or talent enough to say, hey, let’s group up or team up.

Just feels weird to you know, make friendships.

Too many factions, this is why the NFL should just be two teams instead of 32.

These faction takes are wild as gently caress

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

The entire idea of trying to determine solely by intuition what does or does not appeal to “casuals” is so weird to me. Flipping through channels and stopping when something looks interesting isn’t a common behavior anymore, any content consumption is more than likely a conscious choice now.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Feel like it’s more WWE brain poisoning. Factions are cool, they make sense and are a great tool for easy, logical storytelling and booking

Edit: all things that Vince seems to hate, as it happens

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

WWF had so many factions during their hottest period that you ended up with ironic ones like the Job Squad

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
The timing of all these 'too many fackshuns' comments are real funny considering 2 days prior to Dynamite WWE broke up their only good faction to near universal disapproval.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ICR posted:

I just can’t imagine living in a world where I like somebody’s personality or talent enough to say, hey, let’s group up or team up.

Just feels weird to you know, make friendships.

Too many factions, this is why the NFL should just be two teams instead of 32.

These faction takes are wild as gently caress

Disband all teams. Every game becomes a free for all between whichever players turn up.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Actually I’d watch that, never mind.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

mooseinfants posted:

The timing of all these 'too many fackshuns' comments are real funny considering 2 days prior to Dynamite WWE broke up their only good faction to near universal disapproval.

these are literally related. 'wwe hates factions and they always do nothing and break up, and wwe is always good, so aew having so many factions is bad because factions are bad'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol he deleted all the tweets.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

lol he deleted all the tweets.

People were starting to point out he was the guy who 3 weeks ago said Shida was only champ because Kenny is dating her

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The entire idea of trying to determine solely by intuition what does or does not appeal to “casuals” is so weird to me. Flipping through channels and stopping when something looks interesting isn’t a common behavior anymore, any content consumption is more than likely a conscious choice now.

At this point they're just telling on themselves. They assume that everyone who watches wrestling is as stupid and uncurious as they are.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I just assume these people are gunning for some kind of media job with WWE. The ones like Raj, not the anonymous weirdos.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

I just assume these people are gunning for some kind of media job with WWE. The ones like Raj, not the anonymous weirdos.

Not necessarily getting a job with WWE but just getting more exposure. The biggest chunk of the pie is diehard WWE fans, so the most money is in
1) Covering Raw and SmackDown, even though they're unwatchable dreck.
2) Not saying that second part out loud, because the fans that think it's great will get mad at you.
3) Dumping on whatever the top alternative to WWE is, because it hurts WWE fans brains that another wrestling company that isn't WWE is successful.

Pretty much every awful bad faith complaint that you currently see get pointed at AEW was being pointed at New Japan like three years ago.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Seams posted:

Raj makes really good money from owning WrestlingInc, so I don't think that's accurate for him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Clearly the solution to pleasing everyone is to make more individual faction gimmicks such as One Man Gang and the One Man Band Heath Slater.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

sticklefifer posted:

Clearly the solution to pleasing everyone is to make more individual faction gimmicks such as One Man Gang and the One Man Band Heath Slater.

Uhaa Nation

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Aaron Solow

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They should have had a faction called Fraction considering of Zach Gowen, Hornswoggle, and the Great Khali.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

QT: What's your last name?

Aaron: Huh?

QT: Who are your people?

Aaron: I don't have any people.

QT: Aaron Solow, got it

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

QT: What's your last name?

Aaron: Huh?

QT: Who are your people?

Aaron: I don't have any people.

QT: Aaron Solow, got it

:perfect:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
okay like i know the 'how do you find these people' posts are a little played out but christ that's a tweet from 2014

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
2014 was a p good year

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TalesOfWrestlin/status/1380178768896086022?s=20

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
This guy is having a meltdown after being called out for his lovely opinion.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He's also a huge piece of poo poo and homophobe with some really vile poo poo about Kenny from as recent as earlier today.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
meltdown may comes earlier and earlier every year

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1380212954105327621?s=20

https://twitter.com/Nine_73/status/1380220095914459137?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Santos Escobar will be dead on the main roster in a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you take La Sombra, a man who got over in Mexico, got over in Japan & even got over in your own developmental, & he can't get over for you, the odds are the problem with how he is used rather than with him.

Vincels are loving dumb.