Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I'm on Xbox One and I can't seem to find any solutions to this that don't refer to the PC version. Is it possible to see if the developers unfuck this because I noticed a lot of people all over the internet are saying these new updates make the game unplayable or cause various bugs. For me what's happening is that I get into a lobby and then when the match it ready to go I just get bounced back to that loading screen with the Warzone characters. At first I wasn't getting the 6034 error code but now I do. I really do not want to do the uninstall/reinstall either. I've never owned any loving game that needs this many updates, takes up this much space, and breaks all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BOCW tells me to buy the game.

I own the god drat thing. I hate these games. I just want to play Groundwar.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

There needs to be a "Don't install the campaign mode because no one actually buys the game for that poo poo." option.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CPL593H posted:

I'm on Xbox One and I can't seem to find any solutions to this that don't refer to the PC version. Is it possible to see if the developers unfuck this because I noticed a lot of people all over the internet are saying these new updates make the game unplayable or cause various bugs. For me what's happening is that I get into a lobby and then when the match it ready to go I just get bounced back to that loading screen with the Warzone characters. At first I wasn't getting the 6034 error code but now I do. I really do not want to do the uninstall/reinstall either. I've never owned any loving game that needs this many updates, takes up this much space, and breaks all the time.

Games been running fine since the update for all the goons I’ve been playing with, you can set up Xbox to reinstall over night right? I know at least on PlayStation you can go in and only download the parts of the game you want. I had it only download warzone and it was pretty. Seems like you had a corrupted file or something doesn’t seem like it’s a game error necessary but a download error.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Games been running fine since the update for all the goons I’ve been playing with, you can set up Xbox to reinstall over night right? I know at least on PlayStation you can go in and only download the parts of the game you want. I had it only download warzone and it was pretty. Seems like you had a corrupted file or something doesn’t seem like it’s a game error necessary but a download error.

You think this CPL guy and myself have exactly the same issue because of a coincidental corrupted file? I think not, smells like the updates screwed something for an unlucky few.

An uninstall/reintall may do the trick but that is gonna take at least a full night or more of loving around with all the packs.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Inner Light posted:

You think this CPL guy and myself have exactly the same issue because of a coincidental corrupted file? I think not, smells like the updates screwed something for an unlucky few.

An uninstall/reintall may do the trick but that is gonna take at least a full night or more of loving around with all the packs.

didnt realize you weren't the same person, seems like an issue with xbox, playstation recopies the entire game when downloading large updates to prevent that kind of thing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Would you ahppen to know if Xbox users can just uninstall/reinstall the updates and not the whole game?

Inner Light posted:

I think the updates were fucky for a lot of people and they're going to have to have patches for the updates because half the time that poo poo happens anyway. I've seen people saying that in a few places online and I think Playstation people might have the problem too. I just want to play the shooty mans.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

CPL593H posted:

Would you ahppen to know if Xbox users can just uninstall/reinstall the updates and not the whole game?

I think you can just get warzone and multi and cancel the other downloads but im not sure for xbox

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I think you can just get warzone and multi and cancel the other downloads but im not sure for xbox

I didn't bother with any of the campaign and Spec Ops poo poo. I'm guessing if I wait a few days Activision will probably sort this poo poo out. Until then I'll just cry like a loving baby read a book.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

There is zero reason I should have to apply a 13gb update to my mw install. The game is not getting updates or content, it's all poo poo to enable blops content in war zone.

Just un-join the game installs. I would rather three 200gb installs that don't gently caress each other up than one 400gb one that does of which I play one third.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Laserface posted:

There is zero reason I should have to apply a 13gb update to my mw install. The game is not getting updates or content, it's all poo poo to enable blops content in war zone.

Just un-join the game installs. I would rather three 200gb installs that don't gently caress each other up than one 400gb one that does of which I play one third.

Thankfully this new round of updates didn't make it mandatory to download the updates for the other poo poo if you just want to play regular multiplayer. I don't like Warzone. It's just a lovely PUBG and I started playing COD mainly because I got tired of PUBG from playing it waaaaay too much.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
That's call of duty for you, you're gonna buy it anyways so gently caress the user experience

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just download the patch over night.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Laserface posted:

Lol didn't MW just get more maps added than BLOPs did in the last update?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I still want my 2800CP that just disappeared one day. It feels like I got robbed.

Submitted a ticket with a chat rep weeks ago. Can’t wait to spend two hours to ask them what the gently caress.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Owned

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
The frustrating thing is that I paid twenty bucks so I could buy the season one pass. That cost about ten. That left me with ten bucks worth of CP + all the earned poo poo from Season One and Two Battlepass.

I was actually going to buy a dumbass outfit. But I'm not feeding more money into a machine that just shredded my twenty, then the management said, "LOL!"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Aye, Some say the Captain's treasure still lies, buried on that cursed island. His massive collection of CP was unlike any the world had seen. Mountains of CP, ripe for the taking.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Aw man they removed the Team Defender gamemode. I loved that mode! I havent had so much fun in cod in years. It forced me to adapt my weapons and equipment after the situation, and I saw a lot of cool plays from people with flashbang/shield/room clearing tactics. A crying shame this mode isnt part of the standard line up!

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
is there a war zone thread

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

This is it friend

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

drat was hoping for an op that would help a newcomer. Any good literature out there of that sort

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

John Romero posted:

drat was hoping for an op that would help a newcomer. Any good literature out there of that sort

Use the FFAR, good luck dodging hackers, and use a mic.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

John Romero posted:

Are you doing BR, Plunder, or a mix?

Here are some general tips either way:

- Superstore is the universal "sweaty drop"
- There's a bunker SE of the Park monument that is open and contains about a dozen legendary crates
- Standard loadout is an AR and SMG. Large-capacity mags are a must. VLK optic is the best for your MW-based AR. Mono suppressor keeps you off maps and enhances damage range. Otherwise focus on recoil reduction and a bit of ads speed.
- Thermite is handy for vehicles. C4 is too but watch the throw distance, you'll have to set a trap.
- 2x claymore/prox mine is an instant down.
- Always be armoring up.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

f#a# posted:

Are you doing BR, Plunder, or a mix?

Here are some general tips either way:

- Superstore is the universal "sweaty drop"
- There's a bunker SE of the Park monument that is open and contains about a dozen legendary crates
- Standard loadout is an AR and SMG. Large-capacity mags are a must. VLK optic is the best for your MW-based AR. Mono suppressor keeps you off maps and enhances damage range. Otherwise focus on recoil reduction and a bit of ads speed.
- Thermite is handy for vehicles. C4 is too but watch the throw distance, you'll have to set a trap.
- 2x claymore/prox mine is an instant down.
- Always be armoring up.

thanks for this brother, just br for now

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Actually played a round of Warzone instead of mindless Outbreak for the first time in a month.

Somehow unlocked blueprints for MW? And somehow, the EBR blueprint is almost exactly how I kit my EBR.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
If you find a claymore or mine but don’t plan on keeping it, pick it up and place it. Pick up your original weapon. Ive been pleasantly surprised by the kills I get like this.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

John Romero posted:

The real tip is just join the discord and play with us. We are playing all times of the day and are very newbie friendly. We can answer all your questions in game.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Nash posted:

If you find a claymore or mine but don’t plan on keeping it, pick it up and place it. Pick up your original weapon. Ive been pleasantly surprised by the kills I get like this.

I can't get any kills because Activision won't make the game playable.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
One thing I wish they would do would be if you go prone and crawl over a landmine or claymore you can pick it up.

I think...I don't know, Metal Gear Solid or something did this? But I think there should be a way to deactivate the explosive without blowing it up or "hacking" it. It's particularly annoying on a few locations in Warzone where no matter what you'll hear it blow up and can be used as a bit of a warning system.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Running Spotter is tons of fun. Hacking claymores/bettys through walls and ceilings if you're close enough and then running off only to hear an explosion a few seconds later is :laugh:

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I like bypassing claymores at the top of stairs by climbing the railing

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
You know I do remember one game a long while ago some other squad must have been running spotter because we were nearing a final circle and got totally destroyed by our own poo poo running down stairs because the guy must have flipped every single claymore we set. It was insane.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

soggybagel posted:

You know I do remember one game a long while ago some other squad must have been running spotter because we were nearing a final circle and got totally destroyed by our own poo poo running down stairs because the guy must have flipped every single claymore we set. It was insane.
My favorite one was in plunder where I shot at a guy running around the bunker by boneyard. He ducked into one of the doors and closed it, I went up to throw a grenade in and saw the claymore through the door. I hacked it and went back to looting the rest of the place. It was like a full-on 90 seconds before the claymore went off, blowing the door open. I went in and executed him. The deathmic was just this shrieking "WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK"

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Do goons just play Warzone or is there people who still play regular MP? The PC version finally went on sale again so I'm tempted to buy it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Most of us play warzone unless we are leveling weapons. Then we play plunder or maybe multiplayer.

Quite a few play zombies as well.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Mill Village posted:

Do goons just play Warzone or is there people who still play regular MP? The PC version finally went on sale again so I'm tempted to buy it.

I hate Warzone and only ever play regular multiplayer and mainly free for all and team death match. I'll only play objective games with friends most of the time because almost every time I've played with just whoever was in the lobby it was miserable. Although the temporary ones are always fun. I really liked that one that had for Halloween with the juggernaut. I'm pretty burned out on battle royale games because I was addicted to PUBG and Warzone really just feels like a shittier version of that. But I think I'm an outlier on this one. Also if anyone on Xbox was getting the 6034 error TDM works now. FFF works only on Piccadilly for some reason. I haven't tried anything else.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
I definitely don’t enjoy this game as much as I once did. I’ve had like 6 years to finish the Season 2 battlepass and still haven’t. Most of the time I find myself logging into Discord and just spectating Bond or Themistocles

Good news is I heard BF6 official announcement possibly in May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Idg why sometimes in the gulag if both people are on the flag sometimes it will be "contested" and stop and sometimes it will just keep going and continue to give progression to the first person on it. it makes absolutely no sense.