Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I hope that girl is 18 because many seniors are 17 when they graduate and these posts suddenly become funnier if she’s one of them.

We’re all just reminiscing about how we’d be too scared to ask this girl out when we were in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

D-LINK posted:

Pfizer for me. About the same time elapsed, and it feels like someone Punch Buggy'd me repeatedly, otherwise fine

After feeling like absolute hell yesterday after shot 2 of Pfizer I'm mostly fine today. Maybe a little foggy but nothing I can't deal with, I'd imagine I'll be totally fine tomorrow.

Only thing I'm unhappy about is I slept through Stanford/South Carolina yesterday.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bird in a Blender posted:

We’re all just reminiscing about how we’d be too scared to ask this girl out when we were in high school.

Yeah I wasn't trying to put that particular girl on blast, just saying twenty years ago when I was in high school I had a huge crush on a girl who was really into The Craft and Buffy, and she reminded me of her.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

D-LINK posted:

I mean, big tittie goth gfs are still my kryptonite

If your single and not pining for a BTGGF what are you doing?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Cat update: She is home and recovering, minus some patches of fur where they had to shave her for an ultrasound and IVs. They couldn't find anything major, no masses or inflammation on the ultrasound so that is good.

Her ionized calcium levels were high, but she has pre-existing early stage kidney failure (common in older cats, and not something her normal blood tests test for) which can cause that and do other odd things. The veterinarian said it could be ideopathic which is the medical equivalent of the shrug emoji. The IVs seemed to lower the levels so she'll just need follow-up with her normal vet.

Fed her some straight tuna from the can and picking up baby food which cats love as a treat :unsmith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Samadhi posted:

Cat update

:unsmith:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Samadhi posted:

Cat update: She is home and recovering, minus some patches of fur where they had to shave her for an ultrasound and IVs. They couldn't find anything major, no masses or inflammation on the ultrasound so that is good.

Her ionized calcium levels were high, but she has pre-existing early stage kidney failure (common in older cats, and not something her normal blood tests test for) which can cause that and do other odd things. The veterinarian said it could be ideopathic which is the medical equivalent of the shrug emoji. The IVs seemed to lower the levels so she'll just need follow-up with her normal vet.

Fed her some straight tuna from the can and picking up baby food which cats love as a treat :unsmith:

Hell yeah :3:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Samadhi posted:

You're in MSN, right? I have some canned tuna that I'll never use if you want some free additions to your arsenal.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My valedictorian is a loving astronaut. Meanwhile I shitpost in a dead forum.

I want an Xbox Series X. And if you're curious …

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Samadhi posted:

long live the good catte

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well the thing is that Space Jam 1 sucks too but it’s a childhood staple.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Samadhi posted:

It is in the low 70's and sunny. I cracked my first Oberon of the year and am getting ready to fire up the grill for the first time since October. After a day of prepping meals to put in the freezer, the last thing I made was infused cookie dough and I am feeling the effects of licking the spoon after making them.

BUT

this cat update is the highlight of my day so far.

Our old man turns 17 this month, and had his annual vet visit this week. His kidney issue early-indicators were high in bloodwork last year, and dropped after a year of low-dose kidney food. He's skinny as hell, but getting some thyroid medicine sometime this week that will hopefully help him put weight back on. I was gearing up for bad news when they went in, but he's in better shape today than he was a year ago :unsmith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cats just need their cuteness batteries jump started every now and again. Why do you think they sleep so much? It’s to recharge those batteries.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

This is the exact moment I was focused on in February when it was below zero (Fahrenheit) for ten straight days.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This is the exact moment I was focused on in February when it was below zero (Fahrenheit) for ten straight days.

Very nice. I am sitting on my front porch watching traffic with a beer right now.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

My valedictorian is a loving astronaut. Meanwhile I shitpost in a dead forum.

I want an Xbox Series X. And if you're curious …

Zulu works at NASA but I still find ways to criticize him.

You build to slow in Satisfactory! :argh:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was asked to Tolo by the valedictorian in the class 1 year older than me, and she wasn't quite big titty goth she was close. I was a shy dork and never did anything with it afterward (despite there being clear signs of her being into me). I'm friends with her now on Facebook and all she does is post insanely good memes. For being an insanely smart valedictorian she's now a librarian in a completely different state.

Samadhi posted:

:unsmith:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 3, 2021

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

:hellyeah:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Samadhi posted:

Great news! Happy for Samadhi Cat!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Glad to hear the good catte news

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

seiferguy posted:

For being an insanely smart valedictorian she's now a librarian in a completely different state.

If memory serves, our valedictorian is a biochemist of some sort. Our salutatorian worked on the PRISM project for the NSA.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

My valedictorian runs his own small mckinsey otherwise some doctors, some lawyers and one mildly successful EDM DJ.

Considering 4 years on either side had pro level sports players it is pretty meh.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I don’t even know who our valedictorian was. Besides like four people in my core group of friends that I was in high school with, I know nothing about anyone from high school.

Anyways, I sat out on the deck in a t-shirt for the first time this year with a beer and have a rack of ribs choochin’ away on the smoker. Gonna be gooooood.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My graduating class was ~750 kids, if you put a gun to my head and asked me who was valedictorian I couldn't tell you.

The guy who was my class president was a buddy of mine at the time and is a heart surgeon now, my last memory of him is from a NYE party a decade ago where he was yelling "Natural Ice motherfucker!". He was a legit smart dude though. Work hard play hard I guess.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 4, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Modern Art is a scam

Young couple mistakenly vandalizes $440,000 painting in South Korea

quote:

SEOUL, South Korea -- An art piece by an American graffiti artist showcased in South Korea was damaged by a couple in their 20s who thought the sets of paint and brushes laid in front of the artwork was for spectators' use.

Staff at the gallery exhibition noticed new brush strokes on the wall -- small swipes of dark green to the right of center -- last Sunday. After checking the security camera, two suspects were taken by the police for investigation.

John Andrew Perello, who goes by the name JonOne, does not plan to respond to the incident, his representative from BEYONDER, David Maginot, told ABC News.

The damaged art piece by JonOne is worth around $440,000, according to its agency. The graffiti "Untitled," which attracted even more public attention in South Korea after it was painted on, will hang until June 13, at the Street Noise exhibition at the Seoul-based Lotte World Mall.

The decision to display performance equipment in front of JonOne's work goes back to 2016. JonOne completed the artwork in question during a graffiti museum show, "The Great Graffiti,'' in Seoul Arts Center at the time. When the piece was complete, it was displayed along with the props used by the artist, in the same way the display is on now.

"The paint and brushes used by the artist comprise a complete set with the graffiti canvas work," said Kang. He explained that the props were part of the exhibition to help highlight the history of the artist's work.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Last I heard, which was like five or six years ago, my class valedictorian was a race car driver, which was basically what he’d wanted to do since like 6th grade. He was a good guy in high school, but lost out on being class president senior year because some idiot campaigned on getting prom on a cruise ship and all the stupid kids bought in. :rolleyes:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A kid from my year ended up murdering his grandmother. It was on the news and everything.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Happy about your cat samadhi. My 17 year old cat is currently sitting on my lap and it’s nice. She also has early kidney failure, so I’m guessing she has just a couple years to go. It’s been a good run though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

A kid from my year ended up murdering his grandmother. It was on the news and everything.

Just remembered that in junior year two guys in my grade went to one of their houses for lunch (upperclassmen could eat off-campus back then) and one of them killed the other with a shotgun. The victim had been in one of my classes the previous year but I hadn't even heard of the other guy before that incident. If anyone ever found out what specifically went down that day I never heard about it, they were supposedly friends so I assume it was an accident.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You all seem to have really good knowledge of folks from high school.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

You're in MSN, right? I have some canned tuna that I'll never use if you want some free additions to your arsenal.

Thanks, but we have quite a stockpile. I got some chicken baby food that she is going to devour later.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Facebook.

Or in this case I looked him up on linkedin

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I haven't seen a single one of them in 25 years, and I'm quite ok with it

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I only know about the valedictorian and salutatorian because the salutatorian was one of my groomsmen at my wedding, and another one of my groomsmen married the valedictorian. :v:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I was the salutatorian of my high school but my graduating year was almost historically bad for the school so I got it with a 3.7 GPA and never got high honors in any year. I was a member of zero clubs or teams.

That’s my story.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Someone I went to high school with lost an eye at a strip club a few weeks after graduation, which I feel technically counted as a high school story

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GD_American posted:

One of the kids from my class had a long journeyman's career in the NHL, so that's cool.

I have no idea what happened to anyone else. Like 90% of the graduating class went to URI and I sure as hell wasn't doing that, so I lost track with pretty much everyone instantly.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bird in a Blender posted:

I love any girl who is into ping pong.

:same: Ping pong is one of the things I miss the most about pre-covid times.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Zulu works at NASA but I still find ways to criticize him.

You build to slow in Satisfactory! :argh:

I'm still dealing with you not having beat Long War after years of having it as fact in my head that you had already. Plus its real easy to hit a burn out phase in that game and I'm pretty sure I hit that point trying to catch up, need a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

GD_American posted:

:hai:

ZuluDashOne posted:

I'm still dealing with you not having beat Long War after years of having it as fact in my head that you had already. Plus its real easy to hit a burn out phase in that game and I'm pretty sure I hit that point trying to catch up, need a break.

The fact Oxy came even close to completing a Long War is preposterous to me as nobody could like pain that much not even a Vikings fan