Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

MLB should de-humidor the balls just this once
gently caress it. Use aluminum softball bats and oversized golf balls.

And the distance on that last home run by Judge is...um...956 feet. That's the ninth home run this inning by the AL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How about use aluminum bats in the All Star Game?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Fuckin good for him.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

only if they give the pitchers an actual shield to stand behind

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Who?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Unfortunate, I thought he was pretty good when the Angels first got him. Definitely one of the better bullpen options they had then it seemed like he was just used a ton and never really recovered from a few bad outings. I hope he finds some peace though and if leaving helps with that, so be it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's a shame that cancel culture came for the Astros

I would also like to chime in my support for the HRD in Colorado and I hope Yordan goes because I wanna see the big boi hit some big bombs

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The crack of a wooden bat is the best thing about baseball

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

First TLS and now this, how fuckin' bad is Maddon at telling guys they're going down to AAA for a bit?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

I would also like to chime in my support for the HRD in Colorado and I hope Yordan goes because I wanna see the big boi hit some big bombs

No way, his knees are made of single-pane glass and he’d just flame out in the second round anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I feel like Yordan would hit at least one 600 foot bomb at Coors

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Wrong thread.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 3, 2021

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was sitting here thinking how cool it might be to see a HRD at Coors, then looked it up, and I had totally forgotten about 1998.

Did you guys remember that in the season McGwire hit 70 dingers, at Coors he hit just four in the first round and was eliminated? And Sosa didn’t participate at all?

Apr 7, 2003

MrMojok posted:

I was sitting here thinking how cool it might be to see a HRD at Coors, then looked it up, and I had totally forgotten about 1998.

Did you guys remember that in the season McGwire hit 70 dingers, at Coors he hit just four in the first round and was eliminated? And Sosa didn’t participate at all?

They must have left their steroids at home

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

MrMojok posted:

For real fun look at 1990 at Wrigley.

5 dingers. Total.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The Texas Rangers are on pace to allow over 2000 runs this season

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Can I get more news and fewer views please?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
My hope is GA gets it poo poo sorted and the game can come back during a better time when it will be safer and more appropriate to actually attend, so on that end I'm fine with them being gone regardless of what little good it will do to change voting rights in the state I actually live.

That said, the idea of the ASG as some great hope for voting rights or the *local community of malls, conventions centers and braves owned commercial real estate is pretty insane to think about. Sort of like all the awareness the NBA helped raise after the end of the 'work stoppage' during the peak of the BLM protests.

*I understand the Braves had every intention of pretending that Atlanta and not Cobb County is the local community with tons of shots of good they are doing an hour away from the actual stadium. Kind of like when you watch a Redskins game and they keep showing the Washington monument.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Slimy Hog posted:

Here's your news, Michael A Taylor is balling out like his life literally depends on it. Two outfield assists. Two homeruns. Nuts.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I will forever live in abject terror of Michael Taylor for the 2017 NLDS.

Apr 7, 2003

Slimy Hog posted:

Did you hear about the MLB moving the ASG out of Georgia due to a law blatantly meant to suppress black voter turnout?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Did you hear about the MLB moving the ASG out of Georgia due to a law blatantly meant to suppress black voter turnout?

Sure did but I don't want to hear a bunch of lovely opinions about it. (the ones that disagree with me are the lovely ones obviously)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

marioinblack posted:

I think the MLB should do the right thing and put the ASG in a ballpark everyone adores and that has never been the subject to any issues ever. It's time for Tropicana Field to host the ASG.

The Trop gave us dickshot.gif, I approve

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I would like to watch a baseball game played by my 2021 favorite team, the New York Mets.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is there some interesting backstory behind why the Tampa Rays have the worst stadium in American pro sports?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there some interesting backstory behind why the Tampa Rays have the worst stadium in American pro sports?

I see you're not familiar with the Oakland Athletics

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because for god-knows-what reasons, the city of Tampa decided to build a stadium for a major league baseball team that didn't exist in the late 1980s using the Metrodome (:wtf:), which all of the teams it hosted started seeing as outdated less than 20 years after it was built, as the inspiration.

Apr 7, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They built it in the early 90s to attract a baseball team that didn't show up until the late 90s

Apr 7, 2003

I have never gone to the Trop, but I do go down to Tampa for spring training baseball when a pandemic isn't going on and I have friends down there, and they say it smells like a toilet.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They built it in the early 90s to attract a baseball team that didn't show up until the late 90s

Did it seem like less of a dump at the time it was built?

Apr 7, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

i can't answer that for you, but a stadium sitting empty for eight or more years can't be good for it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Didn't they get rid of the tank with rays in it? Truly the worst park.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's always been seen as very drab at best, and built in a terrible location within the Tampa/St. Petersburg metro area.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The best part about the Trop is the weird rules regarding the catwalks

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

The best part about the Trop is the weird rules regarding the catwalks
The catwalks should be lowered to about 100 feet above the field imho

Apr 7, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

It's always been seen as very drab at best, and built in a terrible location within the Tampa/St. Petersburg metro area.

That's every location within the Tampa/St. Petersburg area

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1378505028458123264

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
What's the highest combined Game Score?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

About tree fiddy

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Smh at everyone forgetting that before it was the Trop, it hosted the Lightning and was called the Thunderdome! :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

I'm listening to the WTMJ broadcast and the news came on and it's all murders in Milwaukee